Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 5, 2021 5:47 AM

Aug 2019
What do you think they will do with Anasui's gender, female all the way, switch it in the middle, or male or the way (most likely one imo).
Apr 5, 2021 6:00 AM
Aug 2017
man, obviously..
Apr 5, 2021 6:04 AM
Apr 2018
Read about the characters synopsis, they going full male from the sounds of it. Would be pretty funny if they went female to male for the lolz. I don't know I have a feeling people will start throwing tantrums in twitter or mal or both oh my god why is it male, this is sexism. Knowing how people are online.
Apr 5, 2021 6:05 AM

Apr 2020
I always thought Anasui was canonically male? I didn't even realize. They will almost certainly go with male since that's basically the entirety of Anasui's presentation. It was really only the first appearance that seemed notably feminine.
Apr 5, 2021 6:05 AM

Apr 2020
-Diavolo- said:
Read about the characters synopsis, they going full male from the sounds of it. Would be pretty funny if they went female to male for the lolz. I don't know I have a feeling people will start throwing tantrums in twitter or mal or both oh my god why is it male, this is sexism. Knowing how people are online.

FTM Anasui for the win
Apr 5, 2021 6:07 AM

Jan 2018
Bruuuuuuuuhhhhh
Apr 5, 2021 6:11 AM
Feb 2021
Doubt they would change his gender even though he supposedly was suppose to be female. Araki said he wanted him to look androgynous.
Apr 5, 2021 6:13 AM
Apr 2020
They’ll likely stick with his male design to keep consistent. The switch in the manga was unexplained and unfocused on and led to theories (which are all harmless! There’s no problem with Anasui being FTM), and I think the anime would want to avoid that kind of confusion.
Apr 5, 2021 6:48 AM
Aug 2020
kh4r00n said:
man, obviously..
Did you read the comment?
Apr 5, 2021 6:50 AM
Aug 2020
I’m honestly hoping for him to be changed to female, that would’ve worked way better for Jolyne’s character arc imo.
Apr 5, 2021 6:51 AM
Feb 2021
TheUnultimate said:
They’ll likely stick with his male design to keep consistent. The switch in the manga was unexplained and unfocused on and led to theories (which are all harmless! There’s no problem with Anasui being FTM), and I think the anime would want to avoid that kind of confusion.

Agreed, I wouldn't even call that move on their behalf "transphobic" as the manga one was completely unexplained, and some people just need to chill. I can see the fandom throwing tantrums already...
Apr 5, 2021 7:10 AM
Aug 2020
He's obviously male, possibly FTM but I don't think that has been 100% confirmed
Apr 5, 2021 7:30 AM

Oct 2019
Same as in manga, he will start with his female disguise and then go to his normal look
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2021 8:49 AM

Nov 2019
mihaelans said:
TheUnultimate said:

Agreed, I wouldn't even call that move on their behalf "transphobic" as the manga one was completely unexplained, and some people just need to chill. I can see the fandom throwing tantrums already...
Really? I mean he has changed his form on another occasion around the bohemian rhapsody arc when he literally inserted food inside his head to disguise himself which compared to disguising himself as a chick in an all female maximum security prison seems totally within his capabilities seeing that his power allows him to phase into and rearrange the physical matter of solids including himself as confirmed later. I for one hope they keep his change as it establishes the initial suspense of what his ability is but also his trustworthiness as a character is shrouded in doubt by F.F. and the audience alike.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Apr 5, 2021 9:00 AM
Oct 2019
I thought anasui could change his gender because of his stand, which can enter things and change its construct. And with that ability he changed his gender to appeal to Jolyne.
Apr 5, 2021 9:19 AM
Oct 2020
Anasui is male, but it is not a mistake that he was female in his first appearance. Even the characters inside the manga question his gender because of that.
Apr 5, 2021 9:43 AM

Jan 2021
I think it would be awesome if they were non binary in the anime
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Apr 5, 2021 9:47 AM

Jan 2021
leomururoa said:
I thought anasui could change his gender because of his stand, which can enter things and change its construct. And with that ability he changed his gender to appeal to Jolyne.
My friendo, gender isn't physical. It's beyond that. Does Jotaro become girl if he loses his ding dong in a stand battle? No.

Apr 5, 2021 10:07 AM

Apr 2014
Anasui's first appearance was female, but Araki changed it to male in the next appearance because there were already so many female characters (from what I've heard - it might be wrong).

The other adaptations changed any inconsistencies like that, so I don't see why they wouldn't change Anasui's first appearance to male.
ChangeLeopardonApr 5, 2021 10:10 AM
Apr 5, 2021 11:45 AM

Nov 2019
ChangeLeopardon said:
Anasui's first appearance was female, but Araki changed it to male in the next appearance because there were already so many female characters (from what I've heard - it might be wrong).

The other adaptations changed any inconsistencies like that, so I don't see why they wouldn't change Anasui's first appearance to male.
The first point is nothing beyond unfounded speculation as of now. (Just clarifying now before more people run with this narrative.)

Also, what other canon adaptations of Stone Ocean related material are you alluding to here?
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Apr 5, 2021 11:58 AM

Dec 2019
RoyalGodyssey said:
I’m honestly hoping for him to be changed to female, that would’ve worked way better for Jolyne’s character arc imo.
How does it help her character arc if I may ask
Apr 5, 2021 12:05 PM
Aug 2020
Hoff1221 said:
RoyalGodyssey said:
How does it help her character arc if I may ask
Well up to this point all of the male figures in her life have essentially screwed her over (her father, her boyfriend, even the damn lawyer who’s supposed to be helping her) and because of that I feel like it would provide a good metaphor for her leaving behind her dependence on those who “take advantage” of her, to have her explore a relationship with a female instead. That’s all really, it’s not a big thing, just something I thought would be interesting and add some emotional depth.
Apr 5, 2021 12:52 PM
Oct 2019
IamVermillion said:
leomururoa said:
My friendo, gender isn't physical. It's beyond that. Does Jotaro become girl if he loses his ding dong in a stand battle? No.

What I meant is he can change his body structure, as people who do surgery to change their sex. I didn’t mean that he changes the type of people he is attracted to( sexuality), I meant he can change his physical appearance.
Apr 5, 2021 1:16 PM

May 2018
I've seen one game where he was renamed as Anastasia lol.

Apr 5, 2021 1:30 PM

Feb 2020
SignsOfSuicide said:
ChangeLeopardon said:

The first point is nothing beyond unfounded speculation as of now. (Just clarifying now before more people run with this narrative.)

Also, what other canon adaptations of Stone Ocean related material are you alluding to here?

They are not talking about SO adaptations but adaptations of previous parts to anime, mainly character height changes and style changes.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Apr 5, 2021 1:44 PM

Jan 2020
I think it'll be male all the way through unlike the manga

Apr 5, 2021 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
SignsOfSuicide said:
ChangeLeopardon said:

Hence the parenthesis, but yours is a more definitive disclaimer.

I'm referring to previous Jojo parts. In part 3's manga, Jotaro started off with a purple vest, gold stitching on his collar, a much lower chain, and safety pins in his hat. In part 4, Josuke had spades on his gold wristbands and a big J on his jacket. In the anime, both of their initial appearances were replaced with how they looked throughout the rest of the part. I assume they'll do the same for Anasui, but since it's not confirmed, I suppose they could do something else.
Apr 5, 2021 6:55 PM

Jan 2021
leomururoa said:
IamVermillion said:

What I meant is he can change his body structure, as people who do surgery to change their sex. I didn’t mean that he changes the type of people he is attracted to( sexuality), I meant he can change his physical appearance.
Are you implying that Jolyne is super strait? I'm a little confused.

Apr 5, 2021 10:43 PM
Feb 2019
I don't know why this even a question. Yes we saw a female Annasui in the first appearance as a background character. When we saw the character again he was male. I don't know what changed, but Annasui is male now.
That's how it is now, why should the change the gender? In this case it makes no sense
Apr 5, 2021 11:23 PM
Apr 2021
Anasui has the ability to alter a person's genetics including himself and probably was altered into a female to travel the women's side of prison.
Apr 6, 2021 1:50 AM

Feb 2019
Considering previous changes were adapted as their later versions, such as Josuke not appearing in his original artstyle, it's most likely Anasui will appear as only male.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Apr 6, 2021 4:45 AM

Jul 2020
Man ,you can call his female apperance a sort of a disguise , a task diver down can pull of with ease (that's the in-universe explanation i don't care about the editors theory and that stuff since what's done is done 😑)
DRP0Apr 6, 2021 12:04 PM
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Apr 6, 2021 5:21 AM
Jan 2021
Craftys_List said:
Same as in manga, he will start with his female disguise and then go to his normal look
wait, that was a disguise?
Apr 6, 2021 5:59 AM

Jul 2020
wtf it is obvious that HE is a MALE
Apr 6, 2021 7:29 AM

Oct 2019
ITookYourLoli said:
Craftys_List said:
wait, that was a disguise?

Yeah, he can change his body shape with his stand.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2021 8:17 AM

Nov 2013
poruuu said:
wtf it is obvious that HE is a MALE
Considering "his" first appearance in a manga was as a girl, not that obvious.
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 7, 2021 6:35 AM
Oct 2019
IamVermillion said:
leomururoa said:

Are you implying that Jolyne is super strait? I'm a little confused.
Just to end this useless discussion already, if you have read stone ocean you would know that he uses his stand to change his appearance, and i didn't want to enter this whole because is not part of this thread but since you asked me, no i'm not assuming jolynes sexuality, if you seen the last chapter you wouldn't have that question, although it can be an open to discussion throughout the series, i don't think it is to great importance to the plot. I don't mean to cause anymore discussion after this, and in the end it nothing really matters to me(bohemian rhapsody reference).
leomururoaApr 7, 2021 6:50 AM
Apr 7, 2021 7:11 AM

Apr 2016
Female Anasui ftw. i'm a female anasui supemacist
moe moe ichijou seiya

Apr 10, 2021 8:32 PM
May 2018
Grantlbart said:
I don't know why this even a question. Yes we saw a female Annasui in the first appearance as a background character. When we saw the character again he was male. I don't know what changed, but Annasui is male now.
That's how it is now, why should the change the gender? In this case it makes no sense

Literally. Sure he looked like a girl at first, but he was a man for the rest of the part. They're not going to change his gender just because of one panel lmao. Annasui even confirms himself that he can change the way he and other people look, so it's not like they have any reason to change it anyway. He's obviously going to be a man and this discussion wasn't needed.
Apr 17, 2021 6:18 AM
Sep 2020
It has to do with diver down's ability I guess it was inplied in his backstory that he likes to disassemble things maybe he went experimental on her dead gf on how female anatomy works.
Apr 28, 2021 2:15 PM

Mar 2015
I hope he's female for 1 frame just as a throwback to the manga.
Apr 29, 2021 4:58 AM

Mar 2020
-Diavolo- said:

lmao yeah, twiiter moment
Apr 29, 2021 11:37 AM
Oct 2018
It would be hilarious if they keep the panel where it is female and then change genres... Anyways, I think it being male is ok
Akkarin! Hai!
Jun 11, 2021 6:48 PM

Sep 2015
Anasui's a dude but he used Diver Down to make himself look like a woman to sneak into the female prison. They'd probably just do it like the manga but make it more obvious that his later appearance is his real one
Jun 11, 2021 6:50 PM

Oct 2020
He’s a he and he looks like Diavolo too

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

155 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 24, 3:11 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 1, 2021

114 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 13, 4:50 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LERAGEUXENAMARRE - Dec 1, 2021

78 by aod-kun »»
Feb 23, 2:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

57 by aod-kun »»
Feb 22, 4:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

75 by aod-kun »»
Feb 21, 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.