Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Farewell, My Dear Cramer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 5, 2021 4:52 PM
May 2019
I quite enjoyed the first episode; as a footy fanatic I've been waiting on a good anime about it since Giant Killing and while there's a clear difference between that and this, I think I might grow to enjoy "Cramer".

A bit more time to develop the character chemistry might make things interesting but for a first episode it was solid. I especially liked the references to well known quotes from the goal-hanging CF towards the end which at least to me show the writers know at least a little bit of their stuff:

"Why Always me?" - Mario Balotelli

"He must have been born offside!" - Sir Alex Ferguson's sharp witicism about Pippo Inzaghi

All things considered I'm quite looking forwards to the second episode and since the season seems pretty sparce it's a pleasant surprise.
SmoothlyFApr 5, 2021 4:59 PM
Apr 5, 2021 5:25 PM
Apr 2017
I genuinely like the animation - sure it isn't perfect but the ones used in the football scenes were dynamic and felt like a proper football game with stepovers leading to a decoy run (do you ever see this in football anime) and you can see how's Onda eyes looked away from the ball as she say Aya in the space to pass it to her for the easy goal.

No insane dribbling ability or super long shots but good team play shows me that the series knows its football chops. Bring on episode 2!
Apr 5, 2021 5:41 PM

May 2015
Just rewatched it. I still really enjoy the story. and it definitely has promise. But the animation is just plain bad in parts, especially when they're running and the clipping with the fence. Hopefully this will improve over the season
Apr 5, 2021 7:08 PM
Feb 2019
The idea of anime is good and i likked, but the action, the part of football is a little bad,
like women's football, there was a lack of investment in this anime
Apr 5, 2021 11:32 PM

Jan 2018
BlichoBoy said:
I hope this will become a Giant Killing, and not like many half-assed football/soccer of the past few years.

AND WHO OR WHAT IS "CRAMER"?

In Japan, (Dettmar) Cramer, a German football player, is known as the father of modern football.
Apr 6, 2021 12:19 AM
Jan 2021
This anime is good enough in my opinion. This anime reminds me of Kaori, and I missed her, so I watched this. This is very suitable to watch for those who like soccer. This anime is interesting to me. But unfortunately the rating is still low. I hope that in the future this anime will get a higher rating like its predecessor, namely shigatsu kimi no uso
Apr 6, 2021 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
Nice story, nice characters, absolutely horrendous animation. Shame as it could have been something good and a nice change for female sports in anime.
Definitely needs to be remade by a studio willingly to put at least a few extra yen into the animation budget for this specifically. Definitely got the Z team and interns working on it

UberBatApr 6, 2021 8:26 AM
Apr 6, 2021 8:51 AM

Jan 2020
Meh.

The premise is generic but does have potential, and I guess the characters are fine, but the animation? It's..... questionable. A lot of the times, the faces are poorly drawn and the eyes feel very emotionless. What's up with the running by the way? Can't the characters run naturally?

Lidenfilms isn't really a bad studio. They were the ones behind animating Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, and it was mostly beautifully animated. Maybe Sayonara isn't on their priority list.... I kinda like the soundtrack though.

Also, what is this? Why did the bars disappear?

IrrelevantGuyApr 6, 2021 9:01 AM
Apr 6, 2021 10:05 AM

Nov 2010
This is a weird one, I usually give sports anime at least a chance, but especially football always disappoints. Surprisingly one of the biggest sore points on football anime was at least kind of fixed here, the plays made kind of sense even with it being a bit stiff.
The problem is that every person on the pitch moves and that is very expensive to create which is why these shows either rely on CGI for the players in wide shots or stills and the flow of the game or play gets completely lost, here they at least gave it a decent shot to make the play comprehensible. Yeah the animation was stiff for the most part, but at least the fakes and movement paths made sense and gave you at least for the players in the picture an idea what they were doing (even though we have no idea what the other players are doing and some of them come out of nowhere to do something, like scoring).

The story seems to be extremely standard, but at least the problem with women playing a sport that is extremely popular while played by men is something to work with.
Apr 6, 2021 11:51 AM
Sep 2020
story-wise really good but outside of the ED the visuals are incredibly inconsistent
Apr 6, 2021 1:05 PM

Nov 2015
It seems like it might be okay but the art design of the characters is hideous.
Apr 6, 2021 5:44 PM

Mar 2019
G0ldStark said:
This anime make a triangle, even a loving quartet between Onda, his friends and the rival, but ignores that and the only long interaction they have with a guy is with the coach.

I guess it will be the same as hibike euphonium where the protagonist has more time on screen with another character, but in the end her crush is a guy who almost never appeared in the story

You talk as if most people do not spend more time with same sex friends than with partners (at least until the start of a serious relationship and wedding), and the fact that two girls like to spend time together must necessarily talk about something between them. Not to mention, there are shows that don't really focus on romance and you might find that odd, but sometimes character interactions are just character interactions, not a ship war.

With this logic, any incels is more gay than any gay hood. And let's not even talk about applying that to the all-male shonen show (Hello, MHA!). And yes, the original Shuichi had a lot more time on LN, thank Okada who felt that the topic of female friendship required a reduction in the role of male characters.

It just seems so weird and undeserved to see the protagonist in the end kissing / marrying a character that we really do not know in any way, I do not understand why getting married is like the culmination of a story that has nothing to do with him romance according to the Japanese. The best example of this is seeing the end of Naruto marrying Hinata. it's like the writers didn't know what their story was about and they just want it to look pretty? cute?.
Apr 6, 2021 5:49 PM

Sep 2011
How foolish I was. I thought there was no way a decent studio like Lidenfilms could mess up a decent manga I liked especially with Aoi Yuuki as one of the leads.

How foolish I was.
Apr 6, 2021 6:45 PM

Jan 2011
F's in the chat despite not hating this i feel like this one is being sent to the grave looking at the chars designs before they all looked super cursed still do and it's a pretty big turn off doesn't help it all looks pretty darn cheap.

will see how this fairs with the rest of the season i hardly keep up with football anime and this wasn't that strong of a opener
Apr 6, 2021 10:03 PM
Apr 2015
Dropped because of the head-floating-through-fence decision (or fence-fades-away-around-head).
Apr 7, 2021 1:28 AM

Aug 2014
I really love this art style. But I am not sure if it could hold up with this plot. Let's see if it gets good.
Apr 7, 2021 4:08 AM

Apr 2019
really liked the characters, story and the game even when it was a simple game; didn't like the art and animation at all, I just hope that the animation doesn't ruin the anime for me, I really like football and enjoyed this episode

Apr 7, 2021 9:28 PM

Nov 2018
God I wanted to like this.
Apr 7, 2021 9:37 PM
Jan 2021
phantomfandom said:
All male sports anime is my strong point (for yaoi ship of course), but sometimes I watch all female sports anime too! Though I appreciate that not all characters in this are female. There are some cute guys in boy soccer team, and that male coach look DILF, despite his laid-back personality.

This literally burned my brain cells, wtf
Apr 8, 2021 8:56 AM

Nov 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
I loved it, great start. Such a straightforward story but full of potential and heart. The execution of the first episode was nice too, as long as they keep this up, I think it'll be the dark horse of the season.

It's quite a shame to see everyone complaining about the art style and the animation, it was fine to me. It's not Haikyuu levels of animation but it's still done decently enough to be very enjoyable.

It's been such a long time since we had a new football show (Captain Tsubasa remake doesn't count), I think the last one was Days?
Anyhow, I'm very excited for this. I hope they keep it up.

Yeah, the style isn't bad. It's even charming imo.

This definitely left a better impression than 2.43 xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2021 11:56 AM

Aug 2019
Looking like a standard sports anime but i can see myself enjoying this. The characters seems fun and interesting and they're girls which i really prefer at this point, getting tired of those male sports animes. The visuals ain't the best i hope it won't affect my experience. Overall i think this can be quite good, just need little bit of consistency.
Apr 8, 2021 12:46 PM
Apr 2019
The new anime season has started and as always I will start 2-3 weeks later and go from the back of the field of low score shows that have a genre I like. So sadly this show is the bottom of those. After watching the PV I was curious to find out what went wrong and... nothing went wrong. This is a pretty solid show. I like my Haikyuu! as the reference and yes this does not go to this level, but what other sport anime goes there anyway. So since Stars Align I have a pretty soft spot for the more toned down and less screaming way of doing a sports anime. And the start looks promising. A quite good set of interesting characters is meshed together. Of course the plot and general story telling will be seen at the end of the first arc so thats still open.
Animation is pretty good except for that one scene with the face through the fence, please don't do that again. Else good fluid animation, nothing too shabby. Also from an artitic view there where some nice cuts in this episodes which show some amibition to produce more than the generic sport anime. Music is good. What is still a mystery how the opening was accepted as it looks worse than the actual animation in the episodes.
But the ending on the other hand is a very beautiful piece mixing some different art styles and super nice animations. Sound is also very ok.
The first episode was interesting and made me wanting to watch the second episodes 8/10.
Apr 8, 2021 2:27 PM

Oct 2014
plot looks butchered, but tbf I don't think even slower pacing will save this horrible mess.
Plot's a snore-fest, storyboard's definitely drawn by someone who doesn't watch football regularly, half-asses animation that's probably the result of not having enough time.
And those lines... man so cringe. Not even getting the best seiyuus out there can save those lines.
Apr 9, 2021 4:41 PM

Jan 2013
Art and animation was 3/10 at most. I thought the work of the author of well known series (your lie in april) should get better care. It just not interesting to watch.
Apr 10, 2021 3:45 PM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Sad that it's the way it is, but the story seems maybe interesting. I don't drop anime so guess I'll be watching this through to the end anyway.
Apr 11, 2021 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
Another bland sports anime. The animation and artstyle is mediocre. Dropped.
Apr 11, 2021 4:58 PM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
Quite frankly I'm disappointed with the animation. The ED proves that the animators can realistically draw football, and while the characters seem likeable so far, the actual football looks somewhat uninspiring. None of the movements look all that natural, especially the kicking. God everytime someone hits a ball, even the three apparent prodigies, their body shapes look like someone who's never touched a football before. Who knows, maybe this'll change and it's intentional that they look inexperienced, but I doubt it.
Apr 11, 2021 5:11 PM

Oct 2008
girl's soccer huh...seems generic...but i have a feeling that this might be fun compared to other girls sports out there...
4/5.

Apr 12, 2021 6:32 AM
Mar 2012
Lidenfilms gave 3x effort on SevenKnights vs this, nearly closed video early which is rare.
Some antics were funny, but cant balance out the sludge.
MadMoney's way better anyways the real Cramer.
Apr 12, 2021 9:00 AM

Mar 2012
I hate the art style and the skirt without lines for the pleats looks weird, their faces completely visible through the net looks weird, animation is not all that good. Looking at the white haired girl staring reminded me of Ex-arm.

I only gave it a shot because I heard the it's by the author of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso but looks like it's just an average sports anime, not meant for me.
Apr 12, 2021 9:37 AM

Jun 2016
An odd first ep. Odd in the sense that halfway through it switches to different characters, making me question which one is the true main protagonist. Oh well.

It seems like the team will take a while too come together as a unit. Not surprising, since it's full of first years, and odd characters.

The character design looks kinda bad imo, and the running animation looks a bit off. I hope it improves tbh.

Apr 12, 2021 3:03 PM

Jun 2016
A wild Aoi Yuuki spotted :v and I like it.
Apr 13, 2021 6:16 AM

Dec 2018
That's one of those moments when I'm glad I was born in Italy, we grow up "a pane e calcio" (literally "with bread and football") ^^
Football is great and I am looking forward to seeing how Japanese see it and what is their vision about it ^_^
Apr 14, 2021 3:55 AM

Oct 2007
when most of the girls look like guys, it's time to drop.

unwatchable.

dropped.
Liddo-kunApr 14, 2021 5:46 AM
Apr 14, 2021 11:18 AM

Feb 2020
Nice start. I haven't seen a single sports anime for a long time, so it's kinda refreshing to watch this. :)
Apr 15, 2021 8:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, the art and animation dept really a let-down, its an obvious. But at the same time its really an unfortunate because the story part and the voice acting so far pretty solid and i will considered that no matter how facepalm the art compartments were. Such a shame. But well, at least i got another Yuuki voice action again this time, and its pretty funny to cover any shit this series got. So yeah, an okay pass to waste my damn time.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 18, 2021 11:07 PM

Nov 2012
What... tone is this show even going for? The lack of music and slow pace makes it feel like it's trying to be a serious drama, and then it randomly digs into these jokes and jokey characters that feel awkward and out of place. It feels so dull, and worst of all, nothing about it makes any effort to interest me in the sport, which is the kiss of death for an anime like this.

Knowing the creator's pedigree and witnessing the lackluster animation, I assumed it was an adaptation issue, and the comments seem to back that up. I'll have to give the manga a chance sometime, but this anime was incredibly boring and flat.

And that weird lack of an OST certainly isn't helping. It legitimately feels like I'm watching a pre-soundtrack pass most of the time, and then there's these random moments of music that lack any sort of consistency?

This is just... WEIRD. And uncomfortable.
May 14, 2021 2:50 AM

Aug 2018
Curious.
I liked this first chapter, I'll see how it goes. and the opening and ending are good.
May 25, 2021 5:34 AM

Nov 2019
One of the defenders actually got nutmegged and the entire team didn't go all crazy? Unrealistic crap (jk).

Nice to see some early bonding between the two forwards, quite promising so far.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jun 3, 2021 8:53 AM

May 2016
Well, we started on the wrong foot from the beginning: "if we don't win football in Japan it's over", the Japanese nadeshiko is the best national football team, so I was not happy with that statement, second, the MC said: " I don't want to play with girls because they are weak, girl, you are one. Like I said, in Japan girls are better players than boys, so those kinds of comments piss me off.
After some impressive arrogance on the part of the protagonist, I will see him until the end because I have decided but I do not expect much after this.
Jun 10, 2021 11:13 PM

Jan 2019
(English Text)
I confess I expected more from the first episode of Sayonara Watashi no Cramer. The author of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso has established himself as a great drama builder, but creating a show with football as the main theme is not easy. Of course, Nozomi, Suou and Soshizaki are characters who had a quick but adequate presentation, but it's a title that has had problems of adaptation from the beginning. The manga? Well, of course it has the potential to be better, but anime needs more focus and a goal to set. Without that, it's me who gives the "Sayonara" to the show.

(Portuguese Text)
Eu confesso que esperava mais do primeiro episódio de Sayonara Watashi no Cramer. O autor de Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso se consolidou por ser um ótimo construtor de dramas, mas criar um show com o futebol sendo a temática principal não é fácil. É claro, Nozomi, Suou e Soshizaki são personagens que tiveram uma apresentação rápida, mas adequada, porém é um título que apresenta desde o início problemas de adaptação. O mangá? Bom, é claro que tem potencial em ser melhor, mas o anime precisa de maior foco e um objetivo a traçar. Sem isso, sou eu quem dou o "Sayonara" para o show.
Jun 29, 2021 7:19 AM
Apr 2020
LastLuminescence said:
Well, we started on the wrong foot from the beginning: "if we don't win football in Japan it's over", the Japanese nadeshiko is the best national football team, so I was not happy with that statement.

Evidence suggests that the interview took place in the mid 2000s, likely 2004... in other words, back when Nadeshiko Japan struggled to even make it past the group stages of the World Cup.

EDIT: It's worth noting that the prequel manga was published in 2009, so if we were to assume that the story took place on that year (with the sequel series taking place a year later), then SWNC should take place a good several months before the day in which Nadeshiko Japan made their mark in history.
Romax24245Jun 22, 2023 8:29 AM
Jul 8, 2021 11:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Football in japan is already a problem but feminine japanese football...xD, at least it can be entertaining
Aug 20, 2021 2:03 AM

Jul 2015
Not a big fan of the animation quality (although luckily no bad CGI) but an anime about female soccer seems interesting.

Jan 16, 2022 12:02 AM

Nov 2013
This national player at the beginning looked just ridiculous. Nothing motivate your to save japanese sakka more than whining bitch on TV.
Now, Ms. Ugly Lips is back to her old school to teach some CGI girls how to save japanese sakka.
I like how everyone got hyped when two rookies high-fived each other. Like, what are they doing, they're fucking high-fiving, now we're definitely gonna win high-school championship or something!
GvendolineJan 16, 2022 1:03 AM
Aug 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Sep 2020
nah the ratings are shambolic. This is going to be good.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

36 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 1, 3:29 AM

» So i guess it's just bad?

KoroSensei024 - May 2, 2021

42 by Romax24245 »»
Apr 27, 2023 3:36 AM

» More seasons?

Sleeping_wolf_ - Jun 20, 2021

8 by Torcher_ »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:46 AM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

26 by samsince04 »»
Aug 14, 2022 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

24 by Gvendoline »»
Apr 16, 2022 4:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.