Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those injuries look nasty...

Also, I'm not surprised to see news media spreading drama again especially when it involves heroes. From Deku's dream, he had some dark ominous vision including the other successors of One For All. Quite an ominous storytelling episode of info dump from All For One if you ask me.
Apr 3, 2021 2:06 AM

Mar 2020
they animated the SLLUURRPP scene lol

The vestige world sure did revealed the origin and thinking of the two brothers
Apr 3, 2021 2:45 AM

Jul 2020
Great episode 2 (or should I say episode 1 since this is the actual first episode that's not a reintroduction). Set the pace and tone for the season to come, with a lot of sinister developments and further character progression!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Apr 3, 2021 2:56 AM

Jul 2017
The BTS of Endeavor, Hawks and Dabi is truly nasty, true motives hidden in the dark for preparations.

The post-arrears of the Todoroki Family is still suffering from within the family, not just Shoto, but also to immediate siblings like Natsuo. Endeavour has a lot to atone for his past actions, that's for sure.

Deku's re-enactment dream of One For All's descendants against All For One, the vestige origin of two brothers at each tail end of the story. Two brothers, two very different thought processes for an origin story, interesting.
Apr 3, 2021 3:00 AM

Sep 2018
"Thats a nasty scar, SLUUURP!" Nice burn Shoto!

well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 3, 2021 3:02 AM

Jun 2019
Endeavor's left eye looks badass to me but from an injury perspective, it looks bad. The good thing is Hawks is still on our side. Endeavor is trying to change and make things right. But, I get Natsu's frustration as well. Can't blame the guy tho. Seeing everyone praising Endeavor on the television made me happy.
On the other hand, Deku got to see the past of One for All and how it comes to be. A good episode. The first half was focused on the Todoroki family and the other half towards 'All for One'. Quite a way to tell the dark past.
Apr 3, 2021 3:06 AM

Mar 2020
Why are there a lot of 1's? Is hating MHA a new trend?
Apr 3, 2021 3:11 AM

Aug 2020
Glad we got to see that scene with the vestiges again, a nice refresher and also some questionable stuff.
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Hawk and Endeavor focus hmm, it should be interesting, we'll see.
Also that latest part was quite creepy with the explanations on the One For All, I wonder how it will really change Midoriya

Oct 2009
Apart from the stories we were given this week... The soundtrack really elevated every scene in my opinion. Absolutely loved it.

Still not a fan of Endeavour, but hey, now he has a matching scar with his son. Sorta. Talk about symbolic...
Mar 2016
i_m_a_con_man said:

Most of those votes are almost certainly bots. The first episode got nearly 60% 1/5 votes and not even Promised Neverland S2 episodes managed to get to 60% 1/5 votes.
Apr 3, 2021 3:12 AM

Jan 2021
Phew, I was scared, I really thought Hawks was betraying them
Looks like the Todoroki family situation is still very tense 😬, I hope it will improve soon
A little bit of One For All's past, very interesting (°ロ°) !

They need to do something with the bots that vote 1/5, I see them in every anime
Clas1ckApr 3, 2021 4:37 AM
Apr 3, 2021 3:13 AM
Mar 2021
why so many people disliked the episode?
Apr 3, 2021 3:14 AM

Jan 2009
Hawks infiltrating the League of Villains to get intelligence

time for Endeavor redemption arc

the will or spirits of the previous One For All users are talking to Deku now
Apr 3, 2021 3:14 AM
Mar 2021
TheEnhancedExe said:
i_m_a_con_man said:

Most of those votes are almost certainly bots. The first episode got nearly 60% 1/5 votes and not even Promised Neverland S2 episodes managed to get to 60% 1/5 votes.
the first episode was bad
Apr 3, 2021 3:17 AM
Sep 2015
Bones executes this episode perfectly in both Endeavor part and Deku part. I can praise for this studio all day!

But let focus on my fetish, which is Endeavor. Am I the only one who want him to divorce and remarried with Hawks?
Hawks is the perfect choice, and an imagination offspring of them would be a hybrid of feather and fire, which is Phoenix!!!!
Apr 3, 2021 3:20 AM

Sep 2018
i_m_a_con_man said:

Bots. its been going on for the last 10 days on most of the new episode's discussions, its not MHA only. I seriously dont know what are Mods doing on this site...
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 3, 2021 3:20 AM

Jul 2020
You gotta love the character development of Hawks and the Todoroki family

I like the direction the anime is taking and I can't wait for what's to come
Apr 3, 2021 3:22 AM

Jun 2014
Endeavor is trying to regain the trust and forgiveness of his family, but clearly that's not going to be easy to accomplish. Meanwhile, we got some insight on Hawks and his working relationship with Dabi and the League. The OFA backstory was also really good, and it'll be interesting to eventually get more details on that later on.

Time for the Class A vs. Class B matches. Probably the weakest part of MHA for me so hopefully the anime can make it a little more enjoyable.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 3, 2021 3:23 AM
Aug 2020
TheGeekSqaude said:
why so many people disliked the episode?

Recently a bunch of bots came in a downvoted every seasonal anime episode. Like how it did with AOT S4 Ep 16, JJK EP 24, and this one, these shitty bots are trying to fuck over mal lol
Apr 3, 2021 3:24 AM
Aug 2020
Decent episode, the OFA backstory was unnecessary in my opinion. Doesn't change much what we already knew
Apr 3, 2021 3:24 AM

Oct 2017
Mirko's so hot, bunnygirl's best.

The last part was done so well.
Apr 3, 2021 3:25 AM
Mar 2021
Stunning animation, Todoroki family conflicts and a little bit of the past. Deku who met the heir of OFA through a dream but can't speak. Okay this is great, I can't wait for the next episode I want to see the class A vs Class B battle.
Apr 3, 2021 3:37 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Endeavour has left hospital and is staying on his redemption arc.

Midoriya has a dream where he envisions the founder of All for One and One for All. It was interesting to see both of their convictions.
Apr 3, 2021 3:40 AM
Mar 2019
My thoughts on the episode
1. Fuckin hawk is a dangerous guy , he is will like to kill even the no.1 hero to get to his goal. His character was 100 from the start but after this it just went to 1000. He will become a good anti hero.
2. And endeavor is really good. His character and his motivation all seems clear..it seems this will be highlights of this season
3. Theres some good development wrt to one for all also all for one is a fuckin terrifying villain for a simple reason..he just gives what one wants. So it is obvious that people are not satisfied with wht they have so he just uses that to skew people to his side.
4. Also animation is also back to normal like other seasons.
Apr 3, 2021 3:48 AM
Mar 2016
TheGeekSqaude said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

the first episode was bad

Sure, some people might think so, but TPN S2 was one of the worst anime adaptions ever. There's no way a filler episode from MHA will get a higher percentage of downvotes than the worst episode of a horrible anime adaptation that everyone unanimously agrees is one of the worst anime adaptations in recent years. Even if you didn't like the first episode, MHA is still very popular, so there is absolutely no way so many people will give it 1/5.

From my point of view, this is impossible to achieve without bots. To give you another reason why it's impossible, just compare it to S3's first episode, which was definitely a lot worse than the first episode from S5 imo. S3's first episode has only 8% 1/5's compared to the 60% that the first episode from S5 has.
Apr 3, 2021 3:59 AM

Jul 2020
Wow, that episode ended in a flash. Hawks shaping up to be one of my favorite characters in the whole series.

I accept random friend requests!
Apr 3, 2021 4:34 AM

Apr 2020
Ngl, Episode 2 is better than episode 1
Apr 3, 2021 4:49 AM

Sep 2019
Todoroki's brother reacted to his father's words in the way he should, he can't just expect them to forgive him like nothing has happened. The all for one/one for all scene was good.
Apr 3, 2021 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
THAT WAS AN EPIC ep- im mostly talking about Deku's dream- but i really enjoyed the ENTIRE ep
Apr 3, 2021 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
Kaiseki said:
Ngl, Episode 2 is better than episode 1

EXACTLY ep 1 was kinda boring
Apr 3, 2021 5:07 AM
Jan 2020
the pacing is sickening
Apr 3, 2021 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
Episodes like these remind me that the highs of mha are really high, its just that they so rarely get to those highs it makes this show drag. That being said this episode and the endeavor/hawks mini arc that is forming was definitely a high point, unfortunately they're going back to bland fights next week so it looks like back to normal for yet another season. Sad
Apr 3, 2021 5:14 AM

May 2018
poor Hawks I must say. Will he make a good spy who knows
Apr 3, 2021 5:16 AM

Oct 2015
I really dislike the way that this whole backstory of All for One was presented. Like it was meant for a 5 year old child to understand, with no room of self interpretation. It was literally a perfect moment to do this kind of thing but they wasted it. I guess I shouldn't expect anything from this title for middle schoolers anyways.
Apr 3, 2021 5:20 AM

Mar 2018
Wow that might've genuinely been the best 2nd episode of any season since S1. Really well adapted, and some awesome lightning for the Dabi and Hawks meeting, rare things to see for MHA.

This also marks the beginning of one of the best plotlines I've ever seen in a shonen manga, the Todoroki family drama.

The stuff with Deku was well done, HOWEVER they did cut some cool shots that fleshed out better how society was during the reign of All For One, which isn't too bad but it takes away a tad bit from the world building.

And much like Overhaul last season, the anime cuts some interesting info about the world at large, it's really annoying especially when you know that one of the biggest unfair criticism MHA gets is to have poor world-building, I wish the anime knew what is meaningfull and whatnot.

Anyway, really strong "true" start for this season.
Apr 3, 2021 5:23 AM
Oct 2016
Hawks working that double agent angle. Whether he wants to or not honestly. Its very dangerous to infiltrate, what is basically, a terrorist organization to try gathering information. Of course the higher ups don't really care much and just want to have more information so another Camino incident doesn't happen but this puts Hawks in a bind. Having to deal with someone as vile as Dabi who will openly double cross you changing plans up without telling. Going from an abandoned warehouse attack to the middle of the city is a big deviation. Hawks is not a fan of Dabi that's for sure. But if this is what it takes to achieve his dream of a world so safe that heroes have too much free time then its what he's gonna do, even if it means lying to Endeavor along the way.

Speaking of the big man looks to be trying some atonement with his family. It's been a rough road for the Todoroki household all these years but now their patriarch is looking to fix that. With his new role as number one and wanting to guarantee the future of every citizen he's trying to be a better man which means starting at home. Natsuo is very apprehensive about it storming off, Fuyumi just wanting them to be a real family now that progress is being made, Shoto a bit more open than his brother but still waiting to see what Endeavor will do.

Ending the episode going back to where season four teaser Deku seeing the old one for all users. Getting a history lesson about the first wielder of that power and how his plder brother all for one treated him while he rose to power. Gaining followers through the misnomer of helping them. Keeping his own hands clean but letting his followers rampage against anyone whom opposed him. Shows how All For One held his power for so long with all those devoted to him. The first user of one for all speaking directly to Deku about how he can only see so much since Deku has only unlocked a portion of his power.
Apr 3, 2021 5:26 AM
Oct 2016
Patosaurus72 said:
Episodes like these remind me that the highs of mha are really high, its just that they so rarely get to those highs it makes this show drag. That being said this episode and the endeavor/hawks mini arc that is forming was definitely a high point, unfortunately they're going back to bland fights next week so it looks like back to normal for yet another season. Sad

The class training will be dope animated just like it was on ghethe manga. Class B has some cool visual quirks
Oct 2016
dont_quote_me_ said:
I really dislike the way that this whole backstory of All for One was presented. Like it was meant for a 5 year old child to understand, with no room of self interpretation. It was literally a perfect moment to do this kind of thing but they wasted it. I guess I shouldn't expect anything from this title for middle schoolers anyways.

Literal troll account lmfao 😂😂

Sep 2020
i_m_a_con_man said:
It's some new type of bots. They're in almost all new episode discussions

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Apr 3, 2021 5:27 AM

Jan 2021
Nice episode. See you next week :)
Apr 3, 2021 5:28 AM
Oct 2016
i_m_a_con_man said:

Its happening on every popular anime episode thread. Why the admins and mods or whoever haven't caught on is fucking dumb
Apr 3, 2021 5:28 AM

Oct 2015
Dukino said:
Literal troll account lmfao 😂😂

Not praising objectively shit episodes = troll account. Nice reasoning.
Apr 3, 2021 5:41 AM

Jan 2014
Such an intense episode from start to finish. Great stuff all round.
Apr 3, 2021 5:53 AM

Dec 2020
quite a lot of info on the Second ep lol i guess it shows on how much we're abt to uncover for this season huh?
Apr 3, 2021 6:16 AM

Feb 2014
Boring episode, if they keep hitting us with episodes like that, this season better be 48 episodes long.
Apr 3, 2021 6:18 AM

Oct 2016
We finally got the SLUUUURP scene animated let's fucking go lmao. Great episode!

Endeavor and Hawks are easily one of the best parts of the show, that scar on Endeavor looks badass as fuck and it parallels Shoto's scar which is some great symbolism. And double agent Hawks is on the move to gaining the league's trust. Dabi crying blood, that's hardcore.

Is that my boy Keiichi Maebara from Higurashi's VA voicing the first OFA user? It's gotta be, I can recognize that voice from anywhere. They really did that vestige dream really well, this episode ended at the exact same scene season 4 ended, pretty cool. Really looking forward to class A vs class B.

Also, protecc Fuyumi.
sKyBlazer08Apr 3, 2021 6:25 AM
Apr 3, 2021 6:19 AM
Jan 2021
Sadly still no shinso or 1-B... But we did get some unintentionally funny bits😳 Shoto just chilling and eating at the family meeting was hilarious. The other part was "you only read til volume 3!"
Apr 3, 2021 7:16 AM
Jan 2020
dont_quote_me_ said:
I'm quoting u btw..but I kinda agree(not to everything u said) but when deku said "all for one" and next he says "his brother" while camera showed them...it was hilarious...and the brother was like u just read up to the 3rd volume lmaooo...(plz don't get triggered)I'm sorry it was supposed to be serious but it turned out this way...anyways its a meme material I guess
Apr 3, 2021 7:17 AM

Oct 2019
Very average episode, maybe little bullshit
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

198 by TheCallofBeer »»
Apr 30, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

167 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 29, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

173 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 29, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.