Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2021 2:48 PM
Mar 2019
FMmatron said:
Farabeuf said:

Don't get too caught up in the scores. It's nothing more than a popularity contest and not a reliable indicator of quality. A non-hype property, never mind the quality, would never score high the way MAL's scoring system is set up.

That's what I'm getting at. 10's by certain people mean nothing, they're only given out of hype and loyalty, yet at the same time people love to refer to the score when they argue the case that AoT is in fact the best. But what is the score worth given aforementioned parameters? Makes you think people just feed the hype to keep up the flex.

This doesn't add up at all.

Fuji-O said:

Maybe, but from what I've seen regarding the criticism of Isayama's writing, it's the type of nitpicky and strict criticism that I rarely see in other shonen fanbase, it seems to me that Isayama is held to a much higher standards and is expected more of than the other shonen authors.

The problem is that people tend to overrate him and they haven't experienced other mangaka fail themselves.

Actually a lot of AoT fans or at least the ones that I interacted with are very well versed in high quality seinen manga, they know authors like Urasawa,Inoue,Miura,Asano, Yukimura etc. Maybe that's why they have such high expectations.
Mar 28, 2021 2:49 PM

Feb 2016
AlexConrado said:
>calls it the final season
>announces another season for next year

lmao

not really they didnt call new season or part two. they just announced that Episode 17 will be released in winter 2022 so you can call this production break till they animate the rest
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Mar 28, 2021 2:49 PM
Apr 2016
Are Levi with Zeke dead?
Did Armin fake his tears or is he really in favour the plan?
What is going to happen now when Reiner and the whole Marleyan army came to Paradis?

I can't believe I have to wait whole 9 months to find out!
Mar 28, 2021 2:50 PM
Jan 2020
Unu5ual said:
9/10. Sorry MAPPA. TL;DR: I moan about CGI and seemingly poor story choices.

Before you lose your mind and start swatting at my points, just know that I probably won’t bother to read any replies. If you agree, that’s cool; if you don’t, good for you.
I didn't enjoy this season anwhere near as much as the others, which pains me as AOT is my fav anime.

My biggest issue is the animation, I absolutely hate the CGI. Don’t even get me started on the Levi vs Beast titan 3D animation. (Yes, I know about the 10 month limit, yes I know MAPPA tried as hard as they could. That doesn't mean I have to enjoy it). But we’ve heard it all before so I’ll skip over that. It’s a shame, because the new art style and character designs really show(s) how much the characters have matured over the 4 year story gap. I think that this art style probably wouldn’t have looked as good on the first three seasons, just as WIT’s art style wouldn’t have looked as good on the 4th.

The other issue I have, and probably the more important one for others, is the story. Don’t get me wrong, the story is still amazing. But I can’t accept that Eren has turned into the fattest pile of steaming horse excrement on the planet. Neither the Euthanasia plan nor his treatment of Mikasa speak of "freedom" to me. We’re just supposed to accept that Eren hates Mikasa, when we’ve had no indication about this from any previous seasons? (Maybe all this is answered in S4P2, I don’t know. Still doesn’t make up for his fall from grace).

My last nitpick is the voice acting. I primarily rely on the dubbed version (shut up, I know, but I think the dubbed is better). The audio quality was severely reduced (presumably because most of the VA’s recorded from home). I love Matthew Mercer, and his S3 Levi was INSANE, but he literally said “Grrrr” when he took down the beast titan in ep 7. Only Onyankopon impressed me. As for the subbed, Yuki Kaji (Eren) just didn’t cut it. It's obvious he's making his voice deeper to show that Eren has grown. I laughed when he said "yeah" to Floch in ep 13 (the restaurant episode) in this ridiculously fake deep voice. I also would have preferred if Sawano had written the whole OST. Sure, Ashes on the Fire was great, but it’s not as epic as CAM or as badass as YSBG.

Get’s a 9 because it still kept me intrigued throughout the whole season, and Eren was an absolute badass in this episode. I’m excited for P2 but also dreading it's going to have CGI. They should have let WIT work on it while MAPPA was making P1.

Edit: Mikasa's nose and haircut is weird
About story aspect you wil get what's happening and why manga readers are really hyped in part 2 and I also hope that for part 2 they get enough time to animate and make it look Polish as better as they could.
Mar 28, 2021 2:51 PM

Feb 2011
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Amazing. Simply amazing. Probably the best ending to an AOT episode yet. When all is said and done, I am glad Mappa did this season. We are looking at 9-11 months before the airing of Part 2 and if the leakers are right they've been working on it for 6 months already. The production should be better.

I usually avoid replying to comments that are outright wrong from the getgo but please for the love of god stop spreading misinformation, you are contributing to the state of this fanbase where everybody stays ignorant about what is happening behind the scenes and believes the first thing they see on the internet. There is absolutely zero chance any work has gone into Final Season Part 2 as of right now, not when the staff were actually struggling to deliver the some of the episodes of this part in time.
Mar 28, 2021 2:51 PM
Jan 2020
JanPri said:
Are Levi with Zeke dead?
What is going to happen now when Reiner and the whole Marleyan army came to Paradis?

I think it's obvious that armin was fake crying to get loose from cells but too bad yelena got distracted from infiltration news.
Mar 28, 2021 2:52 PM

Jan 2018
Honestly this episode was such a masterpiece and perfect! It was the episode I was looking forward to getting animated the most! Everything about this episode was so damn good, the goosebumps I had throughout the episode especially towards the end knowing that this episode finally gotten animated and the tension had finally increased.
I seriously cannot wait for the second part of this season to start airing!
This episode definitely ended perfectly with a cliffhanger.
A definite 10/10 for this season.

Pieck looked so freaking hot this episode (Pieck Supremacy)

Mar 28, 2021 2:54 PM
Jan 2020
Nefelupitou said:
Why is Marley so obsessed with the founding titan? Can anyone help me here?

If only someone with royal blood can use the founding titan, then what's the point of Marley possessing it? Killing Eren would solve all their problems for a while, but the MAJOR problem would be fixed.

They wouldn't have the founding titan, so their enemies wouldn't as well, therefore they would be able to attack Paradis.
you missing the point that marley don't want to loose an opportunity to get founder because nobody knows where it power goes if eren got killed and other reason is off course that they are feeling threatened that yeager bros probably use rumbling against the world.
Mar 28, 2021 2:56 PM

Feb 2009
L0sMichal0s said:

Well you have to understand Zekes POV. He is nihilist and he sees the meaning of life in death.

I understand what his POV is. He thinks that the existence in Eldians itself is suffering, and that it would be better to not exist at all then to suffer like they do right now.
But it's not for one single Person with power to decide that a Race should just die out. That is the approach of a maglomaniac dictator. He forces his believes onto everybody else which is just wrong on every aspect.

I'm hyped f or Season 2, it sounded as if the mystery behind titans get lifted as well, when the former beast titan said that he only knows that Ymir touched "something" it sounded like clear forshadowing...I wonder what that something was.
Mar 28, 2021 2:58 PM

Feb 2016
Arcos said:
L0sMichal0s said:

Well you have to understand Zekes POV. He is nihilist and he sees the meaning of life in death.

I understand what his POV is. He thinks that the existence in Eldians itself is suffering, and that it would be better to not exist at all then to suffer like they do right now.
But it's not for one single Person with power to decide that a Race should just die out. That is the approach of a maglomaniac dictator. He forces his believes onto everybody else which is just wrong on every aspect.

I'm hyped f or Season 2, it sounded as if the mystery behind titans get lifted as well, when the former beast titan said that he only knows that Ymir touched "something" it sounded like clear forshadowing...I wonder what that something was.

I suggest you to read the manga for your own good. You can pick it up where it ended now chapter 115 but i suggest you to reread at least from beginning of this final season. There is no chance you can go one year without getting yourself spoiled with manga ending in 2 weeks.
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Mar 28, 2021 2:59 PM

Jul 2014
God dammit, what a fucking cliffhanger! The whole sequence with Pieck was pure tension, man, I can't hate Pieck xD.

It's going to be hard to wait all these months but it could have been worse. Could I read the manga? Yes, but I've always preferred to experience anime firsthand and even more so one like this.

I still can't believe how amazing this series is and it's sad to think it has so little left. If nothing bad happens, see you in the final part!
Mar 28, 2021 3:00 PM

Oct 2018
NagatoXPain said:
Nefelupitou said:
Why is Marley so obsessed with the founding titan? Can anyone help me here?

If only someone with royal blood can use the founding titan, then what's the point of Marley possessing it? Killing Eren would solve all their problems for a while, but the MAJOR problem would be fixed.

They wouldn't have the founding titan, so their enemies wouldn't as well, therefore they would be able to attack Paradis.
you missing the point that marley don't want to loose an opportunity to get founder because nobody knows where it power goes if eren got killed and other reason is off course that they are feeling threatened that yeager bros probably use rumbling against the world.

Yes, I'm probably missing the point here. Thank you for helping me, but...

Marley knows how titans work

Marley probably knows that you need royal blood to use the Founding's powers

Killing Eren would solve their problems for a while

Killing Eren would avoid anything made by the "Yaegar Brothers"

They wouldn't have the founding titan now, but their greatest enemy would've been defeated

I'm still missing the points here, at least you're trying to help me.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jul 2020
What a cliffhanger and now we have to wait until 2022, I want to watch part two now >:(

8/10 for me, Gabi is annoying as fuck so that's -1 & because of the bad CGI that's another -1
Jul 2019
JanPri said:
Are Levi with Zeke dead?

Zeke isn't dead. This titan apparently saved him. Maybe it was one of those who transformed due to his spinal fluid and still under his control, but I think this scene made it clearly he's going to survive, plus he's integral to the plot now, so he can't die this early.

Levi dying like this will be absolutely underwhelming for how big his character is. I think he'll survive, probably for now as I think he deserves an honorable death at the end. If he survives though will be interesting to see how he did it and how he was damaged (like Hange losing her eye in a similar explosion before).

And Armin was clearly planning for something but it was blasted by the whole intruders thing.
Mar 28, 2021 3:01 PM
Jul 2019
I also think Eren isn't really in favor of Zeke's plan and is planning other things behind his back. I mean it won't be AOT without these kind of twists.
Mar 28, 2021 3:02 PM

Feb 2008
With all the hate the studio and the show got during all of this season, I had to stop reading comments from all sides of this subforum of the site.

Wasn't good for my mental health to read nonsense and attention-grabbing threads from people who clearly have been of need of attention.

I just leave a screenshot for posterity. You all can say that it will go down, but have it at your faces, head on.

Great season. Great studio. See you in winter. 9/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 28, 2021 3:03 PM

Jul 2020
Damn, that was a great final scene for this first part of the season, but damn, that was a massive cliffhanger, I loved the hand-drawn titans for this episode and I'm excited as always for the next part of this season. I just hope we get to see more hand-drawn titans for part 2. See y'all in winter 2022 for part 2
Zackack99Aug 2, 2021 1:50 PM
Mar 28, 2021 3:04 PM

Sep 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Amazing. Simply amazing. Probably the best ending to an AOT episode yet. When all is said and done, I am glad Mappa did this season. We are looking at 9-11 months before the airing of Part 2 and if the leakers are right they've been working on it for 6 months already. The production should be better.

I usually avoid replying to comments that are outright wrong from the getgo but please for the love of god stop spreading misinformation, you are contributing to the state of this fanbase where everybody stays ignorant about what is happening behind the scenes and believes the first thing they see on the internet. There is absolutely zero chance any work has gone into Final Season Part 2 as of right now, not when the staff were actually struggling to deliver the some of the episodes of this part in time.

Yes there has been work done. we have already seen a shot of a future chapter in a recently released magazine. Eslam, a trusted leaker said production has started before the ending of part 1.
Mar 28, 2021 3:04 PM

Feb 2009
L0sMichal0s said:
Arcos said:

I suggest you to read the manga for your own good. You can pick it up where it ended now chapter 115 but i suggest you to reread at least from beginning of this final season. There is no chance you can go one year without getting yourself spoiled with manga ending in 2 weeks.

I'm gonna take my chances, it got small spoilers through some shitheads already for season 4 part 1 but nothing of significance. I will just stay away from anything AoT related until the final final season will show.
Mar 28, 2021 3:06 PM

Feb 2020
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Mar 28, 2021 3:06 PM
Jan 2020
Nefelupitou said:
NagatoXPain said:

They wouldn't have the founding titan now, but their greatest enemy would've been defeated

Again as I said marley is world power who will going to any lengths to get their hands on founder and as I said earlier why you bother to kill someone you can take with power and about your point to stop yeager brother I think they most likely target zeke because he's the key and also peak was asking about his location.
Mar 28, 2021 3:09 PM

Jul 2014
Nefelupitou said:
NagatoXPain said:

The problem is that Marley needs the Founding Titan, because soon, the power of the titans will become useless against the technology, as the beginning of the season showed when Reiner was destroyed by some cannons, so they need the Founding Titan so they can use it's power to eliminate all of their enemies before that

Also, by obtaining the Founding Titan, you can also keep in check all of the Eldians
we back

Aug 2015
The final season is "over". I tried to be as positive and supportive as possible throughout this season, but it got to a point where I just couldn't anymore. This season is tolerable if you just tell yourself AoT ended at S3P2, and what we have now is another studios take on the series. My excitement for the future of this anime is as low as ever. With the final final season coming in the winter i can't get excited.

I think Mappa could've done a lot better if given the time to do so. But the production committee insisted on rushing this out. They're just milking this as much as possible. End the season right before the arc gets good to intice people to read the manga and boost sales. Conveniently cut out Levi's status to make people wanna read and buy the manga to find out.

This is a product made not out of passion from the committee, but to maximize profits. That's it, that's how I view this adaptation. They know exactly what they are doing with this, and the fact that people actually eat this shit up is sad to see.

As for the actual episode.
The character models probably looked as bad as ever. Eren looked terrible in almost every shot in the first half. OST was just bad, the PV OST overuse is just annoying. Any scene that takes place in a dimly lit area always looks like trash. This was a very anticlimactic episode, there's no payoff to all the build up in this arc.

Anyways, can't say I'm excited for part 2. If people got some enjoyment out of this season, then I'm happy for them I guess. Personally, I don't like this seasons production quality. That's my own opinion, and that's all there is to it.

Feb 2020
THIS SHOW AND ITS CLIFFHANGERS

i really can't formulate any coherent thoughts right now but i can't wait for the next part i'm so excited and i have no idea what is going to happen but it's all so exciting with the way all the characters are intersecting and everyone's motivations and the action and the powers and the characters and all the plot twists and secrets and who even knows what will happen in part 2 but i'm very excited!!!!

(ALSO LEVI BETTER BE ALIVE AND OK MY GOODNESS)
Mar 28, 2021 3:11 PM

Oct 2018
NagatoXPain said:
Nefelupitou said:

Again as I said marley is world power who will going to any lengths to get their hands on founder and as I said earlier why you bother to kill someone you can take with power and about your point to stop yeager brother I think they most likely target zeke because he's the key and also peak was asking about his location.

Hmm, I don't know, my friend. I think that killing Eren Yeagar would be the priority, he's the greatest threat, even without Zeke, he's still overpowered, he possesses the Attack and War hammer titan.

Killing Eren would be the most effective way to win this war. Once they conquered Paradis, Marley would have time to think what to do next, try to find where the hell the Founding Titan, Attack and War Hammer went.

If I'm not mistaken, I probably am, but in the manga, that guy from Marley told his army to kill Eren during his fight against War Hammer. However in the anime, the same guy told his army to wait, he thought that War Hammer had won the fight and would eat Eren.

And thank you again for your reply.

Mar 28, 2021 3:13 PM

Oct 2018
Kuroimi said:
Nefelupitou said:

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that Marley needs the Founding Titan, because soon, the power of the titans will become useless against the technology, as the beginning of the season showed when Reiner was destroyed by some cannons, so they need the Founding Titan so they can use it's power to eliminate all of their enemies before that

Also, by obtaining the Founding Titan, you can also keep in check all of the Eldians

But how would they use its power? Don't they know that only someone with Royal Blood can use its power?

As far as I remember we have only 2 people (3 with Historia's baby) with Royal Blood.

They would need someone brainwashed and with royal blood, where would they get someone like that?

Mar 28, 2021 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was simply fantastic! Before I was skeptical to have the first part of The Final Season to end on chapter 116 of the manga, but now I can say it was a good choice. :)

Last scene was simply brilliant.

Thank you, MAPPA!
Mar 28, 2021 3:19 PM

Oct 2020
Hatsuyuki said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

This is not misinformation. They started working on Part 2 from Oct 2020 and that's a fact. Obviously they didn't give it as much attention as the part that just finished airing but they did start the production.
Mar 28, 2021 3:22 PM

Jun 2020
Oh fuck what a way to tease the audience. But I don't mind I'm hyped as hell for next season now
Mar 28, 2021 3:23 PM
Apr 2018
Oh my God, what an ending!!! Ofc, almost a year until we get the final season.

Man, Pieck is waifu. I didn't trust her a bit but Gagliard coming out of nowhere was surprising.
Mar 28, 2021 3:24 PM

Apr 2020
Amazing episode!

I Can't wait for part two!

I Can't wait for chapter 121!

I love this season and I really enjoyed watching it!more than manga!

My favorite anime and manga in all time!
I hope mappa works great on the second part!

Thank you mappa!

10/10 easy
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Mar 28, 2021 3:25 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Pyxis: Save the world? Only the island would be saved

Yelena: The island is my world bro

Pyxis: bro

Would add this to the better looking episodes of the season imo, thanks to some great lighting, especially in the jail cell when they were talking with yelena.

Where is the enemy? (silence) .... There.

I think we all knew this season was going to end at this point. Probably going to be delayed even past the projected winter 2022 date, but even still it's going to be a hell of a grind especially with all the other projects they're handling simultaneously. Just hope mappa can do their best with the time they're given, as they've proven they could with this season. Damn, these 16+ weeks really flew by.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 28, 2021 3:27 PM

Nov 2016
Fuji-O said:
FMmatron said:

That's what I'm getting at. 10's by certain people mean nothing, they're only given out of hype and loyalty, yet at the same time people love to refer to the score when they argue the case that AoT is in fact the best. But what is the score worth given aforementioned parameters? Makes you think people just feed the hype to keep up the flex.

This doesn't add up at all.

The problem is that people tend to overrate him and they haven't experienced other mangaka fail themselves.

Actually a lot of AoT fans or at least the ones that I interacted with are very well versed in high quality seinen manga, they know authors like Urasawa,Inoue,Miura,Asano, Yukimura etc. Maybe that's why they have such high expectations.

That might be true, but there are also countless people who have only read AoT and maybe only a handful other stuff.

FMmatronMar 28, 2021 3:30 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 28, 2021 3:27 PM

Jun 2020
Probably the best cliff hanger they could've ended on honestly.
Mar 28, 2021 3:33 PM
Aug 2020
oh god what an intense episode!!!!!!

I can say that Pieck is the peak of this episode! I didn't expect to like her honestly but she proved me wrong. ALSO was Armin crying fr about Yelena's speech? I was shocked, thought he was faking it LOLLL.

it's great to see Reiner again for the last time for now! was hoping to see some updates on Levi tho :') and fuck that was cruel to end it on a cliffhanger!!! but gotta keep us excited till we meet again I guess ;____;

I lovedd this season 10/10, great soundtrack, great animation (MAPPA fucking killed it and idc what anyone has to say about it if u disagree go animate it urself :) )

CAN'T WAIT FOR PART 2 LESSSSS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Mar 28, 2021 3:42 PM

Aug 2018
Story wise this season is a masterpiece and MAPPA did a fantastic job at certain scenes.
That said, I preferred the character designs of Wit studio by far. I lost my immersion many times because the designs looked bad at many places and the OST got repetitive.

Overall a great season that gets a 9/10 but I really expected this one to land up in my top 3 when I read it in the manga.
<Insert clever quote>
Mar 28, 2021 3:47 PM
Dec 2020
Eren... I love you so much man hahaha.
Just a fucking badass throughout the entire episode.
I can´t wait for the second part of this season !!!

PS: Quite intrigued to see what will happen to Zeke
Mar 28, 2021 3:48 PM

Aug 2018
THE CHAPTER WAS INCREDIBLE!!!! BUT AHHHHH!!!! This 1st part has been amazing. now we will have to wait for the 2nd part.
January 2022
Mar 28, 2021 3:56 PM

Sep 2020
xLoop said:
Overall a great season that gets a 9/10 but I really expected this one to land up in my top 3 when I read it in the manga.

hopefully part 2 does that lol
Mar 28, 2021 3:58 PM
Pen

Mar 2018
All most got Eren at the end.

Thank god we got another part 2 season I honestly thought how are they going to wrap this whole thing up in one episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 28, 2021 3:58 PM
May 2016
Did bots attack or some shit? What's with the massive amount 1 votes for this episode?
Mar 28, 2021 3:59 PM
Jul 2020
It was a cool episode i really Loved Peick in It haha and i got excited by the end tho i thought ut would cover the whole chapter115.
Mar 28, 2021 4:03 PM
Oct 2019
Madlaad said:
Sourire said:
See the positives, you dont have to force yourself to watch AOT or stick around here for another 10 months complaining every day. You can take some time off and come back Winter 2022 to start doing so again.

Gtfo man it was very pleasant to not have you dick ride mappa on every comment of mine. Please fuck off and keep dick riding . Please just fuck off Don't bother replying because i won't be reading your shit.
damn bruh no need to have a mental breakdown, take your medication and step outside the basement to get some fresh air and sunlight
Mar 28, 2021 4:06 PM

Mar 2020
Guys we made it! (for now...) This is a historic moment!!!
Mar 28, 2021 4:06 PM

Sep 2020
Modernoir said:
Did bots attack or some shit? What's with the massive amount 1 votes for this episode?

yup its a bot attack and it isn't unusual for final episodes recently
Mar 28, 2021 4:11 PM

Jun 2010
Eren's Titan looked amazing. If only the previous action episodes were done like this. Well, what's done is done, here's hoping part2 waves goodbye to CGI and embraces this style. One can dream.
Mar 28, 2021 4:12 PM

Jan 2020
This was an okay episode, but I honestly was looking forward to Levi's and Zeke's story and was a little disappointed that it was left out for now. I agree though that Eren's storyline was more important and that vagueness of Levi's status is commercially more promising. So I can understand it (and I have read manga anyway).

There were a lot of still shots, but I liked Eren, I actually felt he was better drawn than in most of the previous episodes.

Yelena shooting one of her supporters just to make a point was very well made, as well as Pieck pointing at the enemy. I really forgot this part of the manga, and it looked very good. I also agree that Eren's Titan transformation was the best from all we have seen this season.

--------

As for the plan that is meant to save the world:

It's not that I find Zeke's euthanization plan particularly bad (it's bad but better that total war of Eldia against the world; though of course Zeke has no moral right whatsoever to make such decisions for a whole nation), but it is emotionally hard to believe that Zeke and Yelena, who kill people like flies without a second thought whenever it suits them, really care about the well-being of humanity.

If I had to choose, I would place the world's destiny in the hands of Pixis (who is the most decent person in this whole story imho), or Jean (I trust his pragmatic mind), or Armin, or Hange, or Levi (who has more remorse about killing titans than Zeke about killing people), but never in the hands of Zeke or Yelena or godforbid Eren (yeah) or Gabi.

------

Overall, I'm not a fan of this season, and all of it because of the animation quality. There were two great episodes : 11 and 15, some nice scenes in other episodes. Armin, Gabi and Falco looked nicest. Floch's creepy smile was spot-on, better than in manga. Character designs when on-model were interesting, though there are too many snub noses than statistically believable. And the plot is so good, thanks Isayama.

Otherwise, the quality was very average. "Make-me-unsee-it" rotoscoping in ep 2, the very bleak and underwhelming attack on Liberio episodes (I had been looking forward to action scenes, and this was the moment where I had to finally accept that no miracle was going to happen to this season), horribly off-model Pixis, Floch and Eren, a very mediocre CGI beast titan. Action scenes were generally mediocre.

Still, the two episodes that I found really good were also especially dear to my heart because of the ideas conveyed, and for this #Thank you Mappa. Though there were no unimportant episodes this season, but at least the major ideas were conveyed clearly.

Mar 28, 2021 4:15 PM
Apr 2016
Not gonna lie, Eren's 2D Titan at the end was pure eye porn and while I was mostly fine with the 3D this season it left me wondering how much better it could have been... Oh well. Still a solid 9 for the season and as a manga reader I cannot wait for what's to come.
Mar 28, 2021 4:17 PM

Aug 2013
...that was it?
Rather anticlimactic. I know there's going to be a direct continuation with part 2 but still, I expected a bit more out of it. The story really lost steam in the second half. Overall it was still good, nonetheless. Not that this is saying much, but this was AoT at its peak. I wonder if part 2 will be as good.
Mar 28, 2021 4:25 PM

Dec 2015
That was a perfect set up for Part 2. Amazing direction and screwriting to create tension throughout its runtime. Overall, despite I'm slightly disappointed by the inferior production, I'd be lying if I said that affected the impact notoriously. Almost every episode was filled witht tension. It's another masterpiece Season and SNK is at one step of becoming an all-time classic. 10/10
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.