Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ouch, those tears. I can feel the emotions pouring out this episode.

There really is a lot of stake and emphasis put into the performances this episode. Personally, I think that duo performance looked pretty stylish. It has a dark, gothic like theme with catchy music.

Only one more episode left D:
Mar 21, 2021 9:04 AM
Jan 2021
Whoaaaaa, as expected because there are any live screening before this airing for 11th and 12th episode (I have much information from everyone about that screening from Japan), I can see if this divine imaginations from original creators and anime staffs will be happened in front of your eyes. I can understand why all of this are so magical even make all seiyuus feel kindly different experiences (I have read their interviews about this show and this episode). This is for the first time I can see this magical experience in the idol anime, from episode 9 and 11.

Btw, for the live scenes, I can see another smart episode again from creators, how they portrays the relationships between idols, or between idols' performance and fans. Seriously, maybe only me who feel this but if you look this closed, you can see that fans have more excitement in Tsuki no Tempest performance, although LizNoir's performance is more badass. And this situation is well-portrayed by Lerche's animators with also included more animation for the audience part and lightstick movement in Tsuki no Tempest. What exactly happened? Not that one has worse quality, everything in their respective genres manages to have the best songs (even this is best when talking about competition with Love Live and Idolmaster, moreover Wake Up Girl and Zombie Land Saga, thanks to the great composers of the J-Pop level recruited by Project Idoly Pride), but honestly, this experience actually reminds me of comparing BabyMetal and 48-46 family idol groups (since the comparison of LizNoir and Tsuki no Tempest is actually based on that, in my thought). Compared to the first semifinal (Sunny Peace vs TrinityAile), the level of excitement looked like it was below them. Meanwhile, the cultural specialty of idols is how idols are "moving and animating the fans to cheer, be happy, and immerse themselves in their performance." That's why we have chantmix here, we have lightsticks here. This is something that distinguishes idol culture from other music cultures. It is true that rock and roll (like LizNoir) also "feeds its fans", but with more different audience segmentation and ways of influencing (LizNoir and her manager, in that story, forgot that they were in an idol competition, not a music competition in general, although having the rock and roll genre and rock and roll idol groups in the idol multimedia project is the best achievement and should be celebrated, only Idoly Pride and BangDream! present that totally). This is actually the smartest and most weighty reconstruction of a competition like Love Live I have ever seen. For this time, Tsuki no Tempest is only natural to win a live battle with LizNoir.
teofilusSWMar 21, 2021 10:50 AM
Mar 21, 2021 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
As Hoshimi Productions pursuit greatness with each of their own groups, Mana is losing her ghostly significance due to both Sakura and Kotono moving with their own voices, which is good, but a closure with Kotono has to be done by hook or by crook.

Till now, the after-effects of Mana can still be felt upon the groups that have seen her performance, right until the last one, at least for Rio of LizNoir who've always had an admiration for her, and the younger sister that didn't have a chance to follow behind her outside of the comfort of their own home.

Compared to last episode with Sunny Peace vs. TRiNITYAiLE, this episode with Moon Tempest's "the One and Only" vs. LizNoir's "GIRI-GIRI borderless world" (Rio and Aoi ver.) took things on a darker tone, which only amplifies the competition further.

The finals of an internal Hoshimi Productions idol battle between Sunny Peace vs. Moon Tempest, I'm looking forward to it. Please don't disappear just yet, Mana!
Mar 21, 2021 10:18 AM

Feb 2019
What a fucking episode! Awesome all around. Kotono needed this desperately to truly be able to accept the past and move on. Such a beautiful moment when she and Mana were crying together in the shed.

Then the performance between Liznoir and Moon tempest. I actually liked Liznoir performance more, but Moon tempest were great too. Nice to see Rio finally be honest with herself about Mana too.

That final scene with Mana :/ we knew it was gonna happen eventually, but now we’re one week away from her disappearing, next week’s going to break me. I know we got the game coming in June, but hopefully we get more of the series as well!
Mar 21, 2021 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
The moments between Kotono and Mana were very sad, especially when Konoto read Mana's diary and the last page was left blank with just Kotono's birthday.
Finally, after Sakura, Konoto can move forward from her status as Mana's sister.

Mana, pleaseeeeee don't disappear. 😢😢😢 I hope there will be a miracle on her from the final performances of both teams from the Hoshimi production.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 21, 2021 10:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lot of Kotono character development with her sister, it was pretty good for this part.
And now LizNoir vs Moon Tempest, they both did a good representation but Moon Tempest's one was more stylish I think, of course they won (lol)
So now it's a Sunny Peace vs Moon Tempest for the final, my prediction is that Moon Tempest will win so it means that Kotono will have fulfilled her dead sister's goal and then Mana will disappear in peace because of that... well if I'm right what a predictable and classic ending xD
Mar 21, 2021 10:56 AM
Jan 2021
AkeZZZ said:
The moments between Kotono and Mana were very sad, especially when Konoto read Mana's diary and the last page was left blank with just Kotono's birthday.
Finally, after Sakura, Konoto can move forward from her status as Mana's sister.

Mana, pleaseeeeee don't disappear. 😢😢😢 I hope there will be a miracle on her from the final performances of both teams from the Hoshimi production.

The 14th Next VENUS Grand Prix, which is also the date of Mana's death, is actually Kotono's birth date as well. Poor Kotono, his idol's entire career journey came from her sister's diary. I can't imagine how many times she would cry like that on the back of her stoicness and seriousness in living her life & career as a idol with such a history of heavy tragedy. It must be that Ibuki Nagisa is a very kind and considerate person as Kotono's closest comrade.

Can't wait to see Idoly Pride as a true idol multimedia project, there will be many great stories that will inspire feelings after this.
Mar 21, 2021 10:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kotono's conversation with Rio though was pretty insightful for both parties. Having to chance to hear what Rio was like back when she first debuted was nice. Back then Mana's sheer talent and charisma truly made her a queen among the idol world. Kotono's conversation with Mana really was heartfelt and warm to see. Liznoir's performance really was impressive and mesmerizing but Tsukino tempest's performance had was both stylish and heartfelt with the feelings they were trying to invoke. Its nice that Rio was able to part with Kotono on good terms. Overall an excellent ep that featured an excellent blend of excellent performances and heartfelt emotions via Kotono's convo with Mana that managed to showcase just how much she had changed over the course of the series. Can't wait to see how Sunny Peace and Tsukino Tempest will fare next week against each other. Looks like the final will be Mana's last days though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2021 11:08 AM

Sep 2019
It made me so sad when Kotono cried like that. Her eyes were full of tears, they were almost covering all of her face. This was the saddest episode of Idoly Pride so far but the final episode might top it.
z00nexMar 22, 2021 12:02 AM
Mar 21, 2021 11:55 AM

Feb 2020
Wow, another amazing performance by both teams. Once again, just cannot choose which is better. Ending song was also great to listen to!

Really glad that Kotono got the closure she wanted after all that. Now I just really hope Mana doesn't suddenly disappear during the finals next episode - give her some closure too! Also am happy it's confirmed Mana really had it for Makino.

An idol passes, and another is born huh. What a darn coincidence Kotono's birthday landed the day after the Grand Prix.
Mar 21, 2021 12:24 PM
May 2011
Damn, Mana died on Kotono's birthday...which is also Christmas.

We also get confirmation from Kotono that Mana had a crush on Makino during her school days, and likely beyond.

Kotono's speech to Mana was great. Similar to Sakura making her decision, but different given Kotono was addresssing Mana directly and their relationship. Oddly, while I didn't like seeing Kotono cry, it didn't move me. The scene with Kotono listening to Mana's heart in Sakura's chest was more impactful to me.

My favorite scene, though, had to be the flashback between Mana and LizNoir. Mana was just trying to show good sportsmanship, but when Rio rejected it, I loved Mana's confident bravado.

One episode left, and I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to Mana. We also must be approaching the first scene of the series. I originally thought Makino was talking to Mana, but she just wasn't being shown; now but she had probably moved on. There's also the matter of the two groups combining. I wonder if there is a chance that happens and we don't get a real finals.
Mar 21, 2021 1:28 PM

Jul 2016
I just have a feeling that the last episode will have a strong Anohana vibe. prepare your tissues!
Mar 21, 2021 4:03 PM

Mar 2019
Amazing songs again. Idoly Pride gets better and better with every episode and it's already ending next week?!

So we really have the final with SP vs TM, although ngl I would go with LizNoir this time tbh. Their performance was amazing and a little bit better imo.

I guess we have to say goodbye to Mana in the end...she will leave us...
Mar 21, 2021 7:25 PM

Jan 2020
Damn, the Kotono scenes this episode were great.

Mar 21, 2021 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
how did this idol show give me the closest thing to feels all season

even though i knew i still was like Noir won that easily lol if you listen to their singles you see they actually have 4 members was wondering why the anime didn't have them but they showed up to watch the performance.
Mar 22, 2021 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
idk how to feel about this, i just cant take the part about mana being a ghost seriously... i hope they at least give an explanation or something but they probably wont even though its so out of place in an otherwise purely idol anime. anyways, pretty cool performances and wonder what will go down in the finale.

also, wtf was with the cgi in the second performance? did they run out of budget?
Mar 22, 2021 2:09 AM
Jan 2021
spaesu said:
idk how to feel about this, i just cant take the part about mana being a ghost seriously... i hope they at least give an explanation or something but they probably wont even though its so out of place in an otherwise purely idol anime. anyways, pretty cool performances and wonder what will go down in the finale.

also, wtf was with the cgi in the second performance? did they run out of budget?

You screenshot it on its far lens camera work features (that consequences any 3D-CGI form of the characters). Studio Hibari (Lerche) uses that for nearly all Idoly Pride animated music videos and live scenes. The feature actually only takes several seconds (with camera lens forward, reverse, and rotate effects), before goes to the hand-drawing scenes. This is also causing low FPS 3D CGI characters performances for nearly every live scenes and animated music videos here. As long as they only provide the scenes for a few seconds, then move on to hand-drawing animation, as it is now, this is fine.
teofilusSWMar 22, 2021 2:16 AM
Mar 22, 2021 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
teofilusSW said:
spaesu said:

You screenshot it on its far lens camera work features (that consequences any 3D-CGI form of the characters). Studio Hibari (Lerche) uses that for nearly all Idoly Pride animated music videos and live scenes. The feature actually only takes several seconds (with camera lens forward, reverse, and rotate effects), before goes to the hand-drawing scenes. This is also causing low FPS 3D CGI characters performances for nearly every live scenes and animated music videos here. As long as they only provide the scenes for a few seconds, then move on to hand-drawing animation, as it is now, this is fine.
wdym? like nearly the whole thing was cgi, besides the zoomed in scenes
Mar 22, 2021 6:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
After the Sunny Peace and Sakura, obviously the next person who needed to get done with her feeling is Kotono. That diary revealing, her tears over that sentimental nuances. Thats enough to concluded the purpose of the episode. Also, the way that Mana slowly vanished herself out, and how Makino couldn't even let Mei told the information to the others, or even to Sakura and Kotono. Man, its touching me real hard. How could they do that?

But, well, thats the overall plot of these idol series. Let them surpassed their own reason, found their unique traits and identities, then grew up bigger as the real idol to their respective groups and their surrounding. Thats it a simple plot line and yet, its still able to entertaining me much.

That's it all. The predictable move also already been progressed to let the Moon Tempest reached the final stage, as i already know from the glimpse of the first episode. Feels a little bad with the inferior Liznoir performance in the episode, but their ed theme sounds very good, tho. So, as i already know that the conflict just around and circling in the matter of Hoshimi Production idols. Ofc it shall be end in the hands of them....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 22, 2021 7:39 AM
Jan 2021
spaesu said:
teofilusSW said:

wdym? like nearly the whole thing was cgi, besides the zoomed in scenes

No, actually no. They're using 3 animation forms for building live scenes and animated music video; 3D CGI, 2D CGI (like some viralized dance animations from episode 3 and 4), and hand-drawing animations. Each can be seen according to the different characteristics of the animation in one live scene or animated music videos. Actually, I was also horrified to see it myself, especially in several scenes, because it took a high level of precision with the right FPS composition to compose an animation like that, considering that Ex-Arm has had problems with it this season too. But it looks like Studio Hibari (Lerche) is indeed a genius, the results are still good even though they are experimental in producing them, even producing some live scenes that are much more realistic but still interesting and entertaining, even though they have to sacrifice their FPS to be down for these scenes compared to FPS of the anime; something that causes not all gadgets to be a good player to play this anime in maximum level.
Mar 22, 2021 10:04 AM

Sep 2015
TBH, I'm not a fan of these "plot armor" both sunny peace and tsuki no tempest get in these two episodes. Two newbie groups beating veterans? Give me a break.

I'm sensing some BS coming soon in the last episode like a tie or straight-up not showing us the final performance. Can't take this seriously anymore.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Mar 22, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2010
Sorry but this chapter was a real disappointment, first the "talk" between mana and kotono, I was waiting for them to have this but it was just a silly scene of konoto like talking to herself and mana was just "ok good for me", why not the same like sakura and make her believe it was real? that she was talking to her through makino?, at least make it look like kotono heard her and that she felt that hug.

The performance like the previous chapter liznoir > moon tempest, of course is only personal preference. At least they gave them plot armor and we can see that kotono is a main character like sakura but in the perfomance she didn't shine at all, the others all had a nice short solo and she was just there instead.

I'm so disappointed on this chapter and more sincee kotono is my favorite.
Mar 22, 2021 12:25 PM

May 2018
Another great episode! Finally Kotono started to perform for herself instead of for Mana. I still wish not everything revolved around Mana though
Mar 22, 2021 6:34 PM
Jan 2021
Grecefar said:
Sorry but this chapter was a real disappointment, first the "talk" between mana and kotono, I was waiting for them to have this but it was just a silly scene of konoto like talking to herself and mana was just "ok good for me", why not the same like sakura and make her believe it was real? that she was talking to her through makino?, at least make it look like kotono heard her and that she felt that hug.

The performance like the previous chapter liznoir > moon tempest, of course is only personal preference. At least they gave them plot armor and we can see that kotono is a main character like sakura but in the perfomance she didn't shine at all, the others all had a nice short solo and she was just there instead.

I'm so disappointed on this chapter and more sincee kotono is my favorite.

Because Kotono is stoic person, it's already much explained in first scenes of the episode. Mei and Makino actually already gave offers to her for interpreting Mana's word (because all of these are started from Makino and Mei's initiatives).

But, it must be admitted, it's quite confusing what happened at Idoly Pride, especially if you know that this anime is only a part of its idol multimedia project content ...
Mar 23, 2021 10:22 AM

Aug 2015
Kotono's reasons for becoming an idol get a bit more clarity from her dream sequence - it is her atonement for the sin of rejecting her sister's love. But she has discovered a purpose greater than simply filling her sister's shoes - the joy of entertaining fans from the stage. Seeing that goal to the end is true journey of Kotono's redemption.
Mar 23, 2021 3:55 PM

Oct 2008
If LizNoir compete against Sunny Peace...oh man! Sunny Peace would surely lose!
but damn! New comer very young VA Aikawa Kanata is also very good at singing! look at how Suzu sang on their performance! Her singing only if its few seconds, she stands-out for me compared to the other 4 from TsukiNoTempest! lolz!
5/5.

Mar 27, 2021 2:17 AM

Oct 2017
Kotono finally learns about Mana's ghost and she talks to her. That was quite emotional.

Finally the fated battle between LizNoir and Moon Tempest and ofc Kotono's group won. I was actually looking forward to LizNoir's performance more but sadly it was quite underwhelming. Moon Tempest's performance was better.

The final stage has been set. It's a battle between Sunny Peace and Moon Tempest. Also Mana's condition is not looking good at all. She'll most likely dissapear after the final battle sadly.
Apr 4, 2021 6:01 AM

Feb 2018
An amazing stage, cant wait for last eps.... It's time to Manaaaaa
Apr 7, 2021 10:35 PM

Mar 2009
Next episode is going to be a sad one.
Apr 29, 2022 6:32 AM

Apr 2011
Well, It was kinda unexpected MT would win. Its really emotional Kotone talking to Mana, even she doesn't see her. Its feels alright. Because I know how it feels to lose a loved one. It kinda hurts more that Mana likes Makino and that the two can never be together. She was too young to die.

Two idols from Hoshimi are gonna face off in the finals will be interesting. And at the same time it'll be a sad goodbye.
MagitoApr 29, 2022 7:06 AM
May 11, 2022 4:17 PM
Mar 2019
LizNoir won easily and their ending song was the best of the series.
So predictable now.
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 AM

Mar 2013
They're throwing a lot in this episode.
Kotono and Mana finally have a conclusion to their past regrets.
Makino, also accepted Mana's decision, and it was truly heartbreaking.

LizNoir's performance was simply average, their song was not outstanding as I hoped, there's no heart to it. It's like steel. They obviously made it a bad one.
Moon Tempest on the other hand gave a spectacular song and performance. It was lovely because the song and animation was good, and of course, they gave a lovely song.

To be honest, LizNoir's ED Song is spectacular as always. They obviously purposely made their performance earlier bad to an extent that it feels inferior to the ED. Sigh...
CrazyButNot4UNov 15, 2023 3:23 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 2 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 17, 2021

36 by ZeroNoColor »»
Feb 19, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

75 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:59 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

30 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:32 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 14, 2021

34 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 14, 2023 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.