Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dai standing face to face against Baran looks quite intimidating. Honestly, the kid's got a lot of guts to stand up to him in his current fighting state.

Felt more like a buildup episode but damn, that cliffhanger.
Mar 19, 2021 6:02 PM

Nov 2020
Super epicccccc episode!!!

I love how they put the same music
Mar 19, 2021 6:06 PM

Sep 2018
This episode Baran stomped hard! Not even close lol. Next episode...
Mar 19, 2021 6:06 PM

Dec 2020
They went farther that i thought.
I believed they would have stop the episode with Crocodine 's arrival but we had some more !

Was a good episode of course!!!!!! Even if the animation is too much static sometimes.
Mar 19, 2021 6:45 PM

Feb 2019
Episode still not on crunchyroll almost an hour later smh. This is the highlight of my Friday so this sucks.

Ok finally got to watch it after like 2 hours. I guess Dragonquest is the only show that CR moved back an hour along with BC, for whatever reason. Worth the wait though, so many wtf moments this week. Baran is Dai’s dad?? Holy shit. What an OP bloodline. That gigabreak animation was awesome. Naturally Dai wasn’t gonna stand a chance at this point, but to break Baran’s armour was impressive.

Crocodine again showing why he’s best boy and a legend. Knowing he’s got no chance against Baran he still stands up for his sun, Dai. Beautiful monologue from him.

The PV for next week looks absolutely insane, I’m hoping we get something along the lines of the Dai v Hadlar fight from the early eps. Hyped af
Marinate1016Mar 19, 2021 10:00 PM
Mar 19, 2021 7:26 PM

Apr 2014
Wow. Like literally. Wow. That was a freaking crazy episode. So that is the true power of a Dragon Knight. Dang. Dai still has room to grow. Not only that Baran is Dai's father and his other name is Dino. Since there should only be one Dragon Knight per era. I guess another is there because of the bloodline. Wow.
Mar 19, 2021 7:37 PM

Jun 2015
Crocodine's speech is still as sweet as I remembered it to be
Mar 19, 2021 7:39 PM
Feb 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Episode still not on crunchyroll almost an hour later smh. This is the highlight of my Friday so this sucks.

Yeah, sadly it's back to airing at 10pm eastern time now because of Daylight Savings. It's disappointing to have to wait even longer to watch it. :\
Mar 19, 2021 7:40 PM
Oct 2016
Baran you are the father! Well that certainly adds a new wrinkle to this whole thing. Dai is not only a dragon knight but also a Legion commanders son. Baran almost seems to have his mission to stop those trying to take over misconstrued and manipulated by the Dark King Vearn. Dai was right that Vearn is the one trying to achieve world domination, Baran is a huge asset to him so of course he'd try to get him on his side using his main directive. Baran is strong as hell too! Dai couldn't make a scratch even with his strongest attacks. Crocodine using his axe had the same result shattering upon reaching Baran incredibly strong aura. No matter the revelation that Dai is actually Baran son there's no way Dai would join up with him. Baran may be a fully fledged dragon knight but Dai still has to stop him!
Mar 19, 2021 7:49 PM

Jan 2009
Vader - "Luke i am your father!"
Luke - "NOOOOOOO!!!!"

Mar 19, 2021 8:00 PM

Oct 2017
Woa so Baran's Dai's dad eh, that's cool. Also I like Baran, Dai should join him and destroy humanity. It'll be much more fun that way. Maybe the reason Baran detests humans is cause like Dai he was also feared by humans or something. Also we saw Dai's mother Soala, she looked beautiful. Wonder if something happened to her.
Mar 19, 2021 8:22 PM
Feb 2020
Crocodine is by far the best character in the show.
Mar 19, 2021 8:37 PM
Sep 2015
I mean Baran's hot, and he's Dai's dad nonetheless, but he kills a lot of people, should I root for him? I usually love DILF like him but never on this level of evilness. Maybe I'll fall for him if he take off his shirt like Hadlar.
Mar 19, 2021 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE SHOW JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER
Mar 19, 2021 9:56 PM

Nov 2007
So that's why they were not meant to be met. Other members also welcomes him to join the group, but that one member who seemed to know the truth doesn't want that to happen.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 19, 2021 9:59 PM
Jul 2015
Baran is the real deal. That attack he used on dai had me like whoa šŸ˜². That was very admirable of crocodine. He's come along way from being a monster that just follows his master order's and trys to fight the strongest thing,to a monster that has integrity and respect. I really have no idea how they're going to get out of this. Things are getting intense.
Mar 19, 2021 10:01 PM

Sep 2018
Kuretsuzan said:
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE SHOW JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER

Nah It will get 100x better after
DragonKnight92Mar 19, 2021 10:39 PM
Mar 19, 2021 11:33 PM

Dec 2018
Holy moly I always thought Baran could be Dai's father (or somehow related) based on the Dragon Commander thing and even before episode 23.

Glad to see it is the real deal.
Mar 19, 2021 11:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What a great episode! Really interesting explanations about Dai's past and the revelation that Baran is this father, damn...
And it seems like he's almost impossible to beat, Crocodine was great and is ready to die, he became so much respectable
Mar 20, 2021 12:20 AM

May 2012
Dai's mother is called Soara. Not Soala. Stupid subtitles

Next week we will be same as the final episode of the old anime but without the filler ending.

Mar 20, 2021 1:33 AM

Sep 2019
I really liked this episode. So Baran is Dai's father, it was obvious that they had some kind of relation but I didn't expect him to say "I'm your father" straight up. They also showed Dai's mom, she looked cute. She's probably dead or sick and that's why Baran didn't say anything about her to Dai. The animation was really good. Looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 20, 2021 2:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Baran op af. Raiden strash just nothing.

Hmmm interesting. Baran was Dai's father, and his name was Dino previously. Simple. The son of the sun, eh? But what was the real reason that made him into Vearn's subordinate? Its maybe related to the past of why he could even lost Dai, as he said in these episode. Maybe because of the human side, the one he mostly protect, backstabbed him from behind, killed his wife and took away Dai. I know nothing for sure about that, its too wild. Lol. However, the previous hero, Avan, must be knew something about that case. But, well, since they just directly fought each others like crazy. The solution of Baran personal matters with his son maybe solved as the time goes by when their fist met each other again. Well, lets see next, and they shall really changed the ed song theme for sure....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 20, 2021 2:24 AM

Nov 2019
This is one of my Top 5 favorite episodes of the series so far. I was expecting Dai and Baran to be related, but didn't expect him to be his actual father. Baran is OP, I wonder how they're going to defeat him.
Everyone could use some One Piece in their life.
Mar 20, 2021 3:36 AM
Jun 2007
thepath said:

Next week we will be same as the final episode of the old anime but without the filler ending.

I'm not a manga reader, but they revealed her name after referring to Dai as a "sun", so "Soala", like "Sol", sounds thematically appropriate.

Anyway, wow! Stellar episode! It's criminal how many people are sleeping on this show when it's so good!
Mar 20, 2021 3:54 AM

Jun 2011
- GIGA BREAK~

- Crocodine's sun speech was awesome.

What a fantastic episode.. Baran OPness showcase didn't disappoint & it doesn't end here.. That preview too!!! 5/5

Mar 20, 2021 5:07 AM
Apr 2014
From the first moment we saw Baran I did have a feeling he could be Dai's father as not only do they look very alike, but Baran from the get go was very intrigued to find out where he was.

Interesting to see where the series goes now!
Mar 20, 2021 6:41 AM

Dec 2020
thepath said:

I know you used to read the manga. And in the manga it is written : SOARA

but you have to know that in japanese langage :

R and L doesn't exist it's the same sound . So you can write it Soara or Soala. I'm like you i'm more used to "Soara" it's more aesthetic but in other hand : Dai's mother name is related to sun => solus in latin, soleil in french. In fact, it explains the choice of the translator : Soala respects the etymology more.

PS : V and B doesn't exist in japanese either so you can write Bejita or Vejita
Mar 20, 2021 7:14 AM

Mar 2010
They all seem fucked, Idk how they will leave this without dying. Maybe teleport out.. but even so idk how dai can gain such power in such a short time without letting all of earth crumble

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 20, 2021 7:54 AM
Mar 2021
Baran lamenting that all his Legion Commander bros left because of Hadlar's lack of charisma has to be the unexpected highlight for this ep XD

Dai reasserting the name Grampa Brass gave him was very touching. I'd forgotten the little touches like Crocodine shaking even as he bravely confronted Baran. Gigabreak looked sooo good! Can't wait to see more of this arc play out!

Oh yah, and always lots of fun to see the Legion Commanders' interactions, those were always my favourite parts. I'd forgotten what a troll Kill-Vearn was with Hadlar in the early days lol
zombiejadeMar 20, 2021 8:00 AM
Mar 20, 2021 9:15 AM

Apr 2020
Man, I love Crocodine. Such an awesome character. If Baran, the commander of dragon legion is this OP I wonder about Vearn's powers.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Mar 20, 2021 9:31 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Baran is Dai's father after all just like most were speculating. Dai got to experience first hand the true power of a Dragon Knight and its terrifying power that Dai can't match. Even Dai's Avan Strash is no match for a Dragon Knight that has realized his potential a thousand times over with the Giga Break attack. Crocodine manage to step in, but he was no match as well. Meanwhile Hadlar is slowing loosing his position as Dark commander as word got out that Dai is Baran's son.
Mar 20, 2021 1:28 PM

Sep 2020
WTF is going on with animating this scene?

Anatomy, not even once. Or maybe only dragon knights can bend their humeroradial joint like this?

phantomfandom said:
Maybe I'll fall for him if he take off his shirt like Hadlar.

Look closer, you can tell dude's got sum nice dragon pecs underneath that shirt so be prepared to fall for the DILF even more lol

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Mar 20, 2021 3:10 PM

May 2018
ok this episode is epic! Baran is way too cool I swear
Mar 20, 2021 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Dai son the baran it really surprised me, it’s getting better and better.
Mar 20, 2021 9:20 PM

Oct 2008
oh my god! i'm shaking goosebumps this episode is super awesome!
Lord General Baran is colossally overpowered of a monster beastdragon knight!
so many said this is predictable but Dai is the son of Baran huh...
popp is just a fly to Baran
and looks like Crocodine would have a impossible hard time against Baran!
5/5.

Mar 21, 2021 6:14 AM

Apr 2020
To sum up this episode...

The dialogue from this scene fits this scenario almost perfectly XD
Mar 21, 2021 6:25 AM
Dec 2015
I must admit, Toei did a good work with Giga Break. And seeing the animations of the preview of next episode, it seems to be high-budget too

Killvearn is a total asshole toward Hadlar-kun... though I guess Baran is right when he says "he's losing his charm".

By the way what's with the BGM when Dark King Vearn appeared? "Lmao with those "AAAAA-AAAAAH" chants, I get it's supposed to be evil but it's pretty funny. Reminds me a bit about some Saint Seiya tracks

PS: Mad respect for Crocodine, best char in the series for me
Mar 24, 2021 2:32 AM

Dec 2020
I don't know. something doesn't feel right
if baran is Dai's father , then why he tried to kill him ?
The GigaBreak we saw is obviously one of the Strongest attacks in the entire series
so why he used it against his son ?

Mar 24, 2021 11:51 AM

Sep 2007
This is one of the things that always bothered me about Baran's psychology. He finally finds his lost son for years and decides to kill him because he doesn't want to ally with him. But explain your motives at least instead of telling him that you just want to exterminate humans like a basic big bad guy. Obviously Dai is not going to ally with him if he acts like this. In addition there was material to convince him as he was troubled after the rejection and fear shown to him by humans.

In any case, Giga Break was definitely meant to kill Dai.
Mar 24, 2021 2:52 PM

Nov 2020
I think Baran in ep 24 did want to beat Dai and show him the superiority, not kill him.
-Hyunckel-Mar 24, 2021 4:07 PM
Mar 25, 2021 2:49 AM
Dec 2020
Inuki said:
This is one of the things that always bothered me about Baran's psychology. He finally finds his lost son for yearto s and decides to kill him because he doesn't want to ally with him. But explain your motives at least instead of telling him that you just want to exterminate htumans like a basic big bad guy. Obviously Dai is not going to ally with him if he acts like this. In addition there was material to convince him as he was troubled after the rejection and fear shown to him by humans.

In any case, Giga Break was definitely meant to kill Dai.

It wasn't meant to kill Dai.
I don't want to spoil anything for you guys but Baran is using nothing close to his real power and that includes the Giga break as it will be explained later..

Plus, Dai is a dragon knight so Baran knew he could take a tuned down Giga break, he only wanted to show him the difference in power and how a fully developed dragon knight can be terrifying, as he himself told Dai.
BaraaKLF992Mar 25, 2021 2:55 AM
Mar 27, 2021 3:45 AM

Feb 2017
This show just manages to be more and more epic.
Also I think it's obvious that Baran didn't intend to kill Dai, just to showcase his strength.
Apr 8, 2021 7:18 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty big reveal with the papa move. Crocodine coming in partly defuses the situation but then he gets pawned. Just where is this headed!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 19, 2021 11:10 AM
Oct 2019
Oh my god...
Baran is Nasty

The Animation and the OST
Toei did good.

The Plot Twist, Baran is Dai Father..
WTF
Feb 13, 2022 2:58 PM
May 2020
woah what a revelation. so Baran is the father of Dai or should i say Dino. he is one hell of a monster

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Oct 21, 2022

111 by akihikosama »»
May 8, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

133 by jyagan0 »»
May 5, 4:16 PM

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.