Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 17, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, seeing Riz's behavior is just like how you'd expect from a bear.

Legoshi is still trying to become stronger. I kinda like the mature vibe from this episode at that bar. In a way, it's almost realistic with how characters drink away and talk about their problems. He still cares about Haru very much.

Excited for the series' finale!
Mar 17, 2021 11:04 AM

Nov 2019
I was sorta hoping theyd remove the whole moth scene. Ngl, but i felt that that couldve been reworked.

Anyways. The pina and riz scene was a nice touch! Its a new scene that wasnt in the manga.

And the horn version of beastars theme is quite nice!

Guess they throwing everything down next episode! I really want some OVAs for the stuff they skipped!

Also, for the manga readers:
Gosha32Mar 17, 2021 11:22 AM
Mar 17, 2021 11:29 AM

Feb 2021
Gosha32 said:
I was sorta hoping theyd remove the whole moth scene. Ngl, but i felt that that couldve been reworked.

Anyways. The pina and riz scene was a nice touch! Its a new scene that wasnt in the manga.

And the horn version of beastars theme is quite nice!

Guess they throwing everything down next episode! I really want some OVAs for the stuff they skipped!

Do you think they skipped it and will release OVAs or is there a possibility they'll show it in the third season, maybe as flashbacks? I'm not a manga reader so I dont know what they skipped, but I dont mind spoilers

Also where do y'all watch Beastars? The 11th episode isnt out on 9anime yet
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
Mar 17, 2021 5:35 PM
Sep 2018
[quote=sntiago message=62364512]
Gosha32 said:

Also where do y'all watch Beastars? The 11th episode isnt out on 9anime yet

You'll have to torrent the episode with fansubs through nyaa.si
Mar 17, 2021 6:01 PM

Nov 2014
The crossdressing scene was hilarious! Legosi truly put effort into his act lol. kudos to the voice actor.

ttcchenMar 17, 2021 11:21 PM
Mar 17, 2021 7:05 PM

Mar 2016
Well, Legoshi didn't looked gorgeous, but a drunk guy wouldn't mind tho... I liked how they portrayed the scene where Legoshi talked with the bee he just ate, and the talk of ibuki to Louis, who of course as a good tsundere, will go to see his kouhai's (perhaps) last moments. Season finale, here we go!
Gosha32 said:

Who? Maybe I have to check the manga. This episode is on volume 10, right?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 17, 2021 8:19 PM

Feb 2021
ttcchen said:
The crossdressing scene was hilarious! Legosi truly put effort into his act lol. kudos to the voice actor.

8. And 3. Being left out is so fckn sad
So they left out all the gay/bisexual/queer moments I'm so devastated
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
Mar 17, 2021 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
wow this was pretty cool, legoshi seems like he's in great condition and ready to fight riz, kinda worried though, hope pina didnt die there... that scene with louis and legoshi was so funny lol, wonder what'll happen with him and the lions? also, seems like there was a whole lot of changes from the manga here, and that last scene with the cliffhanger too...
Mar 17, 2021 9:26 PM

Nov 2019
Hoefully this means we are getting a s3 since they showed the characters
Mar 17, 2021 11:27 PM

Jun 2019
There were emotions, there were some funny moments here and there. But, we're finally going to see Legoshi vs Riz in the last episode. The build-up got me so hyped for the last episode.
Is Pina dead? No... he was such a good character. I hope he's safe. Also, Louis and Ibuki's convo. made me think if Louis really going to leave Shishigumi.
That cliffhanger was scary.
Mar 17, 2021 11:38 PM
Jun 2020
Solid episode, but I have a few questions: Why is Legoshi so hell bent on having a fight? Wouldn't the police make more sense as Louis said? And if Pina died there isn't that just selfish on Legoshi's part? Why is he going alone? Why not rely on Gohin to help take Riz down together?
Mar 18, 2021 12:04 AM
May 2020
Fmab123 said:
Solid episode, but I have a few questions: Why is Legoshi so hell bent on having a fight? Wouldn't the police make more sense as Louis said? And if Pina died there isn't that just selfish on Legoshi's part? Why is he going alone? Why not rely on Gohin to help take Riz down together?

I guess it's just a case of teenagers exchanging viewpoints with their fists? It's like Gouhin said, he's an arrogant little shit who likes to impose his morals on others. If the police were to intervene, he wouldn't be able to do that.
Mar 18, 2021 12:15 AM
Feb 2015
Fmab123 said:

It all goes back to the promise he made to Haru: "I want to get stronger". Him taking care of this problem himself would basically confirm to himself that he's "strong". It's also a very personal thing. Legoshi could've been like Riz if he devoured Haru, and with that symbolism, this fight has more meaning. Legoshi essentially wants to beat the part of himself that lost control that night. That's merely my interpretation tho. Him going to the police immediately wouldn't have allowed him to grow as much as he did.
Mar 18, 2021 12:47 AM
Aug 2017
Really great episode. Legoshi in drag was pretty funny and sorta cursed. I gotta say I love how the Shishigumi's become a family for Louis and spending time with them made Louis finally realize that carnivores are not bad.

Ngl I'm pretty scared for Pina. Pina can be a lil shit but damn he don't deserve being eaten.
Mar 18, 2021 1:00 AM

May 2012
I think I just spotted MELON as one of the passengers in the train with Legosi! Hmmm I hope this is a positive sign that there might be a sequel!

Anyway, it's finally the showdown! For once, I really want to smack Riz face. He really needs to wake up from all his delusions!
Mar 18, 2021 1:29 AM

Aug 2020
Pina and legoshi are Idiots. Why didnt they complain to police. Now Pina is Dead.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 18, 2021 2:00 AM
Nov 2016
Naren-kun said:
Pina and legoshi are Idiots. Why didnt they complain to police. Now Pina is Dead.

True but the thing is, they have no evidence that Riz is the culprit, at least Pina tried to get some evidence with the camera and he failed miserably, he needed a much smaller camera, that one was too big and wasn't placed in a good spot, that placement was way too obvious and now he's probably dead.

If he couldn't get a smaller camera then he needed to record his voice with a smartphone or something.

Anyways, I do have a question on this episode, why did Legoshi's fur appeared all of a sudden after eating that bug? that was really weird.
Mar 18, 2021 3:15 AM

Nov 2019
"OH DAYUM, that fancy goat lookin' thing got ate!"

Or Riz is bluffing. We'll see!

And who shot who in the tunnel? Not nice leaving us with two cliffhangers for the ending of the second season.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 18, 2021 3:21 AM

Nov 2019
sntiago said:

Do you think they skipped it and will release OVAs or is there a possibility they'll show it in the third season, maybe as flashbacks? I'm not a manga reader so I dont know what they skipped, but I dont mind spoilers

Just some of the slice of life sections that dont have anything to do with the main storyline really. Its world building stuff thats pretty interesting. Some of the strongest parts of beastars is in its world building. This is why i also really love the side manga, beast complex. Its a collection of short stories of different relationships between animals living in the beastars world.

Tho, there are some parts, like flashbacks, might as well be in season 3 cuz they are more relevant there.

el_morris said:

Gosha32 said:

Who? Maybe I have to check the manga. This episode is on volume 10, right?

If ye havent read the manga, they are characters from way after this current arc. If ye still wanna know who, then spoilers below
Mar 18, 2021 5:03 AM

Jul 2017
Legosi's carnivorous training from Gouhin is taking more shape as the New Year's Eve's fight between Riz build-up is underway. The moth scene is endearing, but to gain THAT much fur back, something's amiss...?

The parallels of Riz acting like how a bear should, it's scary with the crushing of the tomato can.

Louis sure is sketchy with the relationship between him and Ibuki, but Legosi secretly entering in that drag queen look to continue his conversation...HAHAHA wow what a cursed scene that is. I may never unlook this gay conversation. But to see Louis change the Shishigumi's perspective (like how Legosi convinced him), it's the thought unimaginable that persists long after all is set and done.

New Year's Eve, and Pina confronting Riz is just asking for death, even by secret means to record the deed. But at long last, under the bridge, the fight of the season is gonna break out like a broken record. BARE ALL FANGS OUT!

The final moments mimic the ED between Ibuki and Louis, and I'd thought that was a nice touch to see the watercolour scenes made into anime form. But the cliffhanger gunshot...

DAMN, leaving with cliffhangers like these, the final episode next week will be hype.
Mar 18, 2021 5:16 AM
Apr 2014
I loved this episode, it was filled with emotional, funny and serious moments. I can't imagine the outcome of the battle.
My favorite scenes XD

Mar 18, 2021 6:01 AM

Apr 2019
femboy legosi?!?!?! I thimk lion died and not Louis. Fight next episode, hype!

Mar 18, 2021 6:45 AM

Jun 2020
Ballin'. Beastars S2 is some of the most peak anime shit I've ever seen
This anime shit is addictive
Mar 18, 2021 7:05 AM

Oct 2017
Legossi crossdressing was hilarious.

Argh three cliffhanger, I'm quite sure Riz didn't eat Pina but who knows. Riz vs Legosi fight begins and is Louise okay?
Mar 18, 2021 7:38 AM

Feb 2014
Ah the finale is gonna end with the Legosi VS Riz climax. Time to bonk the bear.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 18, 2021 7:45 AM

Jan 2020
Amazing episode, as always. Im really hyped for the finale as it is really shaping up to be my pick for Anime of the season.
Mar 18, 2021 9:52 AM
Jun 2020
This season it's better than the first season, 💯
Mar 18, 2021 10:04 AM
Feb 2021
Really good episode I have to say. My one complaint is that they don't really explain how legoshi got all his fur back. Would have loved to see it slightly grow back throughout the episodes but I get why due to it being 3d. Riz was really great here. Killing off pina just made sense due to him sniffing in their affairs. It was great to see Louis be non serious for once in the scene with legoshi in the dress 💀. And in general I love legoshis and Louis bond. I really can't wait for next week. The final climax
Mar 18, 2021 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
Ah yes, the infamous moth scene. And Legoshi's crossdressing didn't disappoint me
Mar 18, 2021 11:07 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
"In the dark, there's no guarantee you'll make it out alive."

Wow, this episode was really something else.

I loved the scene where Legoshi overcame eating the larvae within his dream.

Louis has left the Shishigumi, Pina has apparently been eaten and now Legoshi is about to have his final showdown with Riz in the final episode of this season.
Mar 18, 2021 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
nooooo Ibuki. damn he really grew on me since Louis joined, I think he was the one who got shot because he did tell that other lion dude to shoot him if things went south rip

but lol crossdressing Legoshi was funny as hell

Looks like final ep is gonna be Legosi v Riz for (hopefully) the final time. Don't think Pina is dead, think Riz is just bluffing there
Mar 18, 2021 12:27 PM

Jun 2019
Well possibly RIP Pina. Trying to record Riz before his fight was literal suicide and ended up being all for naught. The visuals during Legosi’s bug trip was well done and his conversation with the moth was just what he needed. Him meeting Louis while dressing like a girl was a funny moment with all of their reactions to the situation. The cliffhanger with Louis wanting to leave the Shishigumi and Legosi’s fight with Riz should lead to a great finale.
Mar 18, 2021 12:37 PM
Sep 2010
Real quick, who was the voice actor for the moth? :D
Mar 18, 2021 12:55 PM

Oct 2020
The scene where Legoshi dreams about talking to a moth were very intriguing and important. Louis continues to develop his relationship with Ibuki. Louis starts to open up to him. Legoshi dressed up as a girl was hilarious. Welp, Pina is dead now. We got to understand more about Ibuki and his past.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2021 2:18 PM
Mar 2021
"Also where do y'all watch Beastars? The 11th episode isnt out on 9anime yet"

i watch it on animixplay, it's ad free and there's the 11th episode
Mar 18, 2021 2:26 PM

Nov 2016
Cross-dressing was funny af and damn what a brutal cliffhanger. I have to jump straight to the manga. Hope Pina isn't dead.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 18, 2021 2:34 PM

Nov 2017
Woooooooh! Cliffhangers, cliffhangers, cliffhangers!
Mar 18, 2021 3:33 PM
Apr 2019
The Legoshi and Louis scene had me laughing for a straight minute, the voice acting really sold the scene. An amazing episode as always and I can't wait to see how the season ends!
Mar 18, 2021 4:11 PM

May 2019
Man, I'm so hyped. Beastars S2 has really been brilliant. If the finale lives up to the hype, I might be giving a rare 9/10 for S2
Mar 18, 2021 6:48 PM

Jan 2010
That bar scene was hilarious, legosi is so weird and funny.

I hope that train cameo is green light for the third season, I guess we need to wait the last chapter and see.
Mar 18, 2021 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
Legoshi is quite the darling. 😆 Looks very good in that dress!

Pina being too reckless again when it comes to Rizu, ano baka...
Mar 18, 2021 7:12 PM

Apr 2013
The Legosi Haru selfie is so fucking cute man.
Mar 18, 2021 8:07 PM

Oct 2019
A great episode with a cliffhanger ending.. The Legosi cross-dressing scene was way too funny! I am quite certain, by now, that both Pina and Legosi regretted not calling the police (or, at least, that huge snake security guard the writers appear to have forgotten about..) about Riz, but at least for Pina it is (purportedly, the bear might have been bluffing to enrage Legosi) too late now.

As for Legosi we'll see next week. I also wonder who shot whom in that car in the end. Most likely Louis shot Ibuki so that he can go to save Legosi. At first I thought that Ibuki was driving him to that bridge but it appears that he was simply driving in order to talk. Ibuki also subtly but clearly threatened Louis while they entered that tunnel ("Where I belong is just like this tunnel .. in darkness. In the dark there is no guarantee you'll make it out alive").
Mar 18, 2021 9:27 PM

Sep 2011
Wow....
If Beastars was airing in any other season besides what’s arguably the greatest seasonal anime season in history, Beastars would EASILY be the Anime of The Season. It’s competition is so much though. Even still, it easily has a huge stake in this fight. Every episode is phenomenal, there’s just no other way to put it. People who immediately write it off as “furry trash” are doing themselves a HUGE disservice, because, if this show gets a third season and sticks the landing, it’s EASILY getting in my Top 20 anime of all time. It’s just so good.

So...Pina is dead. Just when I was starting to love his character (he left a bad impression in my mouth with his debut, but he just radiates so much big dick energy how could you not love him?) he gets murked by easily one of the most terrifying villains I’ve seen in recent memory. Riz is truly scary, and for him to be as scary as he is coming from a drama shounen when his competitors are usually world ending psychopaths from battle shounen is saying ALOT. I think what makes him so horrifying is he’s so...human. He puts on his nice guy act trying to blend in with society, but no one sees the inner demons he’s dealing with and who he truly is behind closed doors. That’s next level. It bleeds into our subconscious of sin and evil not being above anyone. It would be your next door neighbor, your friend, your friendly acquaintance, or the guy you just passed while getting gas. The possibilities are endless.
and now suddenly, the ending theme of this season makes so much sense...if the lyrics alone weren’t enough to give you the feels, that visual,lyric, ending combo surely will. Gun shot right into the ending theme. Beautiful. Also, the jazz tracks they’ve chosen to use in the anime this season are so seamless and make this show have an air of class about it that is unprecedented. I just...I need a minute. This was a lot to digest. The death of Pina. The possible death of Louis or Ibuski. Masterful Beastars, just...masterful.
Mar 18, 2021 9:36 PM

Mar 2017
I knew the moth scene was coming and I was dreading it, but I’m so glad they did it better than the manga. It’s still one of my least favorite moments, but more bearable imo.

Seeing Legosi crossdress to get to Louis will always be a funny scene for me haha. The voice acting was great and I love how they did it. Louis’s defeated “Shut up” was great haha.

We’ve also finally reached the scene that goes along with the ending! So glad they decided to have that scene play and then the ending play after, it really captures the emotions going through that scene and how Ibuki sees Louis.

Mar 19, 2021 1:29 AM

Jul 2020
Female Legoshi hits different LMAO. Riz better get his ass kicked in the next episode!

I accept random friend requests!
Mar 19, 2021 2:19 AM

Sep 2019
It was another great episode, I have high hopes for the final episode. Louis and Legoshi's conversation was hilarious. Rip Pina, he was a good character. That will anger Legoshi for sure.
Mar 19, 2021 3:19 AM
Nov 2016
So... is there a reason why Legoshi's fur grew back again after eating the moth? if it happened without a reason then it was a dumb move, I like this anime but I wish they stop doing dumb shit like these because it's bad, I bet that dumb shit doesn't even have an explanation even in the manga, I hope I'm wrong about this one.
Mar 19, 2021 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
i'm finally caught up but why pina?? i actually kinda liked him. and what was with that last scene?? someone got shot but who?? Anyway i think we can all agree that this season is way way better then th first one. i didn't expect to love beastars this much when i was still on season one.
Mar 19, 2021 6:51 AM

Aug 2008
Once freshness of well done computer animation from S1 wears off, this series is really a drag. That comical talk with moth ghost sealed the deal. I won't even try to understand characters' motivations any more.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

200 by fatekkjjkk »»
Apr 24, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2021

137 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.