Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 2021 4:19 PM

Jul 2013
I couldn't believe how brutal this episode was. 11/10 episode
Mar 16, 2021 4:20 PM
Dec 2018
GatsuLTU said:

Common soldiers are always following commands, how can you say that all of them are EVIL? In those times and like on most wars, men had to serve and go to war, even if you hated it and wanted to be with your family and loved ones. Everyone is happy in comments about genocide portrayed in rather friendly and bright anime, as if all 10k soldiers or w/e were baby killers or etc. I'd understand if this anime was gritty like Berserk and etc. but it's not.

To sum up, genocides are terrible terrible things, I just felt bad and was sorry for those soldiers, even though it's just an anime, while most of people in the comments were like - wooohoo, genocide, kill every last of one them. Real genocide happens IRL, and everyone is like, damn, that is so sad and etc. Hypocrites and kids. Dunno why I'm getting worked up in MAL forums, where most of the users who post here are weeb kids and similar, while I'm 30 yo.

It's totally ok if you feel bad for the characters being killed, but why are you mad to people who are not? As others mentioned, this anime has been gritty before, but maybe you didn't feel bad because the ones dying so far were monsters?

In any case, the context is war, no clear lines of good and bad. Tempest city is under siege, got attacked already with dead bodies piled up in the streets and they were being held captive with a barrier that also made them defenseless and were scheduled to being completely destroyed after a few days.

To the survivors, it doesn't matter if the soldiers have families or were forced to serve in the army or whatever, all those soldiers were marching to kill them all later on. That's why they're forced to fight back with all their might to ensure their survival.

Hope that helps to give you another perspective. No need to change your position or feelings, but also no need to get mad at other people feeling satisfied with this episode where the tables were turned.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Mar 16, 2021 4:21 PM
Jul 2016
This episode would mean shit if the villains werent as meaningful as cardboard cutouts. Otherworlders are villains just to be villains, and the soldiers are just any other soldier from generic kingdom.

On top of this resurrect arc which removed any stakes or emotional weight to the plot, this story so far is just a long-winded way to say 'Rimuru became a demon lord and everyone was cool''
Mar 16, 2021 4:30 PM

Mar 2011
Very satisfying episode! Great pacing and having revenge is always so sweet.
Mar 16, 2021 4:40 PM
Sep 2019
Too edgy, too simple. Super good guys vs super bad guys. 3/5.
Mar 16, 2021 4:41 PM
Nov 2019
Slaughter of war begins, demon lord creation/awakening begins - That shifty magician may soon find out if he can take on a demon lord with his new form/powers...

I did feel it should have been more "Elfin Lied" how the soldiers were dispatched though - water lasers/bullets were a bit clean...
Mar 16, 2021 4:44 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode, probably one of the best ones so far.

Watching the Falmuth army and those otherworlders get wrecked was so satisfying. Especially when Hakurou and Gerudo completely destroyed them. Shogo deserved all that pain that was coming to him, I wish they had exaggerated some more with his facial expression to make it more satisfying.

Looks like that mage guy is pretty powerful, he killed Shogo's soul and possessed his body. He did say he was a Majin, I'm curious how long he's lived and how many bodies he's swapped through.

Megiddo! Come on Rimuru, they clearly deserved a Megidolaon, anyway that was pretty awesome. Next episode is gonna be hype too, great stuff.
Mar 16, 2021 5:11 PM

May 2015
FierceVinegar said:
not really ok with the fact the show is having the "good guys" basically kill thousands of people with alot of them being innocent and just in the army because

Ah yes those innocent soldiers invading another country, you seem to have a fundamental lack of understanding on how war works
Mar 16, 2021 5:17 PM

May 2015
GatsuLTU said:
Honestly, gave it 2. The genocide part and casually killing soldiers who are just doing their job (not evil like generals and commanders and the ones who issue orders) is terrible idea for a bright themed anime like this. Episode where Rimuru commits genocide with a calm head (not angry anymore, like after seeing dead friends).

Anyway, a very sharp and awful turn for the anime.

Lol nobody wiped out an entire race therefore there is no "genocide" You dont win wars by killing the Generals, you win by rendering the opponents army unable to fight IE kill as many as you can
Mar 16, 2021 5:25 PM

Nov 2017
Ok,i'm a bit pissed that its stretching it out a lot,but damn,it was worth it to see the otherworlders and the Falmuth army getting it's ass royally kicked.Seeing Geld handing out the pain like that was extremely satisfying.So far he's been a good character,steady going,stalwart,faithful(he almost sounds like a knight),but this episode elevated him to his true Orc lord status.
Looking forward to the birth next week!
Mar 16, 2021 5:28 PM
Nov 2018
The invading armies and their greedy kings deserve to be exterminated, this is not genocide just slaughter
Mar 16, 2021 5:29 PM

Oct 2020
Man i had a huge nasty grin while the trio got killed it was like taking a shit after you eaten an big ass jalapeno burrito

Man that dude shogo hes scum incarnate

Mar 16, 2021 5:31 PM
Jun 2020
So Good, here we can watch a man having hella time
Mar 16, 2021 5:36 PM
Jul 2020
I really want to see some badass fight with Rimuru and the knights of Faltmoth or whatever it’s called. I’m sorta happy it didn’t happen. Gramps and the orc lord vs the cocky bastards was amazing.
Mar 16, 2021 5:48 PM

Oct 2010
I think the last episodes were so bad that this felt like overkill. Great episode though, enjoyed it from the first minute to the last. Hope they don't take the feet off the gas pedal.
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Mar 16, 2021 5:52 PM
Jun 2016
This ep was so good. I don't normally rewatch episodes but I watched this one 4 times. So satisfying.
Mar 16, 2021 5:52 PM

Feb 2014
Ah this was refreshing. I can't remember how many times I've read this scene in the manga and every damn time its thrilling. Redemption for Shion!!

Ah can't wait for the next OP character to show up next episode to play with that scum Razen.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 16, 2021 6:02 PM
Jan 2021
Imo the best episode so far!
Dayum i can't take it anymore
MEGIDDOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Mar 16, 2021 6:11 PM

Apr 2020
Wow I was so hyped in this episode and damn it served me well. Each team (and Benimaru) did well to exterminate their enemies and destroy the anti-magic barrier.

Shogo killing Kirara was so cruel, such a waste of character really. And in the end, Razen just used Shogo and ended him, transferring to his body in the process. And boys and girls, it has happened, RIMURU BOUTTA MASSACRE. And he has done so with Megiddo. And wow what a way to kill all those soldiers, with stabbing them in the head with WATER.

Let's see how this will end, I want to see Razen die next week!
Mar 16, 2021 6:13 PM

Jan 2020
it was refreshing to see them taking out the trash
also looking forward to the birth of a new demon lord
Mar 16, 2021 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
bit too edgy for me ,the just a prank bro line was kinda funny ,im all for arrogant punks getting there shit pushed in but i kinda actually want to care about them instead of just being forgettable copypasta scummy people then again that's the whole point of these dumb wishfullment power fantasies and them being setup for the sake of the main cast to flex and look badass

also how to make the baddies look bad 101 paint them as rapist with one simple line ,not that i'd expect for them to add some depth to what is simply fodder to be slaughter but it was just a easy way to make you not feel bad about them getting one sided murdered

was the build up worth it for this...ehhh personally no, but people seem to love it the moment the actual tension started then the revival arc happened killed whatever weight i felt this arc was building up

some of the animation on the fights looked quite good tho
Mar 16, 2021 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
UkRs said:
i was right.. they really are stretching the plot to oblivion..
At this point.. pretty sure they will introduce another BS in next ep and not make Rimuru demon lord there too..
and i wouldn't even be surprised..
this season is pretty meh compared to s1..

What do you want them to do? Cut off the part where guys are fighting and just straight to Rimuru being a demon lord?
Mar 16, 2021 7:04 PM
Oct 2016
Why is it listed as 12 episodes? I thought we getying 24 eps?
Mar 16, 2021 7:05 PM
May 2010
Comander-07 said:
I was going to complain that conveniently the otherworlders now were all much weaker than the characters we got in season 1, weakening field or not, they were all a bit too easily killed for supposedly very strong characters compared to their dominance last time. But they all got ended pretty brutally, which was nice. I even kinda felt bad for the girl atleast. Its not like it was their choice to get to this world and serve the kingdom.

But atleast the mage and possibly the knight captain too are looking promising.

Anyway I was not expecting the show to get so brutal, they are going for the "self insert wish fullfillmemt, who needs consequences, reviving the dead" trope after all.. so Rimuru actually killing 10.000 humans is something else. Ngl I hope he cant just revive them, even though I want the girl back.

And yeah sure it got stretched out, was to be expected. The animation was good atleast.

I gotta say, for the people who're complaining about this episode being "stretched out": it really wasn't. This episode followed the manga and light novel's pacing almost exactly. There were even a few scenes omitted or slightly reworked to make the episode go by even faster.
Knight2520Mar 16, 2021 7:12 PM
Mar 16, 2021 7:06 PM
May 2010
cinder_lihn said:
Why is it listed as 12 episodes? I thought we getying 24 eps?

There's a second half of the season coming in the summer.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/41487/Tensei_shitara_Slime_Datta_Ken_2nd_Season_Part_2
Mar 16, 2021 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
It was such a big pleasure to watch this episode, finally! Glad that none of them are showing mercy.

I do hope that guy manages to die as well.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 16, 2021 7:22 PM
Jun 2020
Just wanna say thank you to the writer and animator for not making "nah killing is not the answer" or "revenge doesn't change a thing" and forgive the enemies crap like other shows. To be honest, I was hoping they would have tortured or killed them more brutally instead of a swift death, but that alright. Can't wait for Demon Slime Rimuru and how they gonna overthrow an entire kingdom heheh!
Mar 16, 2021 8:32 PM

Aug 2017
I like violence and people dying but I never liked Rimuru's minions sadly.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 16, 2021 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
This... was beautiful. Karma was delivered in such ruthless way I might have nutted out of pure satisfaction. Fucking love you, Geld ♥
Mar 16, 2021 8:51 PM

Jul 2015
Why did Rimuru Spared Myulan and not the army tho..
Myulan not only caused deaths of his ally but also betrayed but got spared just cuz she was following Clayman's orders.. but aren't the men in army too?
wouldn't it be more logical to spare half the men and make them fear that Tempest nation can defend it?
also.. can't say about LN or the manga but the anime sure went over with bad guys cliche imo..
s2 reeks of mediocre writing or maybe its the pacing..
Mar 16, 2021 9:28 PM
Oct 2014
UkRs said:
Why did Rimuru Spared Myulan and not the army tho..
Myulan not only caused deaths of his ally but also betrayed but got spared just cuz she was following Clayman's orders.. but aren't the men in army too?
wouldn't it be more logical to spare half the men and make them fear that Tempest nation can defend it?
also.. can't say about LN or the manga but the anime sure went over with bad guys cliche imo..
s2 reeks of mediocre writing or maybe its the pacing..

If you want to understand things a bit more logically; Rimuru didn't just keep Myuran alive out of the good will of his heart. He also did it to ensure Yomu's cooperation (since he loves her) for a role he wants Yomu to do. As for the logical reason why he left no survivors against the Falmuth army, there is a number of reasons. One involves preventing Clayman (the evil manipulator who instigated the war between Falmuth and Tempest) from seizing those souls so he can become a True Demon Lord (if he spared those half, Clayman would've seized them). I can't tell the other reason because that be spoiling it (probably until three-four episodes)
bkim999Mar 16, 2021 9:37 PM
Mar 16, 2021 9:50 PM

Sep 2018
The other-worlders are so cocky! served them right!! so satisfying to see them defeated.

I wait this for a week! and I'm still not satisfied >,< I can't wait for next episode again.
Mar 16, 2021 10:42 PM
Oct 2018
OP.
Really the words like craziness and awesome and blood thrilling can be defined by episode 10.
Enjoyed it a lot and really now am waiting for episode 11.
Rimuru has done it finally and demon lord carian days are limited so it seems.
Mar 16, 2021 10:55 PM

Jun 2020
My favorite moment was when the old man chop off that guy's head.

That was...epic. lol

Can't wait for next week. I want more. hahaha
Mar 16, 2021 11:12 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Absolutely stunning episode.. the OST at the end turned my excitement into goosebumps.

Honestly I didn't think people would get beheaded in this Anime. Kyoya's face looked pretty graphic after he got decapitated, but I'm not complaining.
I loved every second of it, to such an extent I'll forgive the studio for last week's episode.
bkim999 said:

If you want to understand things a bit more logically; Rimuru didn't just keep Myuran alive out of the good will of his heart. He also did it to ensure Yomu's cooperation (since he loves her) for a role he wants Yomu to do. As for the logical reason why he left no survivors against the Falmuth army, there is a number of reasons. One involves preventing Clayman (the evil manipulator who instigated the war between Falmuth and Tempest) from seizing those souls so he can become a True Demon Lord (if he spared those half, Clayman would've seized them). I can't tell the other reason because that be spoiling it (probably until three-four episodes)

I'm not the person you quoted, but I wasn't sure why he spared Myulan either.
That makes a lot of sense, thanks.
MeriuMar 16, 2021 11:18 PM
Mar 16, 2021 11:25 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I was so excited to see this scene animated but it was so damn fast. No time to savor the hype cause it just went by a flash. Kinda disappointing.
Mar 16, 2021 11:30 PM

Jan 2019
By far the best episode of the season. I'm glad that the show didn't pull any punches when coming to actually killing the other-worlders, made the way feel warranted.
Mar 16, 2021 11:47 PM

Dec 2013
It was so satisfying to see the other worlders get destroyed in this episode.

I really liked the music during Rimuru's massacre at the end.
Mar 17, 2021 12:14 AM

Mar 2016
billybub said:
GatsuLTU said:
Honestly, gave it 2. The genocide part and casually killing soldiers who are just doing their job (not evil like generals and commanders and the ones who issue orders) is terrible idea for a bright themed anime like this. Episode where Rimuru commits genocide with a calm head (not angry anymore, like after seeing dead friends).

Anyway, a very sharp and awful turn for the anime.

Lol nobody wiped out an entire race therefore there is no "genocide" You dont win wars by killing the Generals, you win by rendering the opponents army unable to fight IE kill as many as you can

It's technically maybe a light genocide. You don't have to be successful in wiping out the race for it to be genocide. Everything is true.The monsters weren't shown any so why should they care)in but Rimuru needs ten thousand souls for this plan to work. Eye for Eye.
The Pickled Cactus Himself.
Mar 17, 2021 12:14 AM

Jun 2020
Amongst the numerous great shows releasing this season, this anime has not only managed to stand out but has somehow become one of the best shows this season. The animation in this episode was absolutely top tier. Fantastic episode.
Mar 17, 2021 12:54 AM
Oct 2014
this episode had me hyped AF Geld beatin' his ass was so good to watch.
Mar 17, 2021 1:09 AM
Feb 2021
This episode is one of the best satisfying episodes I have ever seen
It made my day
Mar 17, 2021 1:10 AM

May 2019
SO SATISFYING!

This episode paid off for the terrible 1st four episodes of this season.

Btw, the best episode of all the series to the date. When Slime Ikesai meet Overlord.

5/5
Rob7Mar 17, 2021 1:21 AM
Mar 17, 2021 1:28 AM

Sep 2018
GoodZoom said:
billybub said:

It's technically maybe a light genocide. You don't have to be successful in wiping out the race for it to be genocide. Everything is true.The monsters weren't shown any so why should they care)in but Rimuru needs ten thousand souls for this plan to work. Eye for Eye.

I agree with other parts but its 100% not a genocide.
Rimuru is just attacking the Falmuth Army because they invaded his teritory. If he intended to exterminate everyone specifically from Falmuth and then go and do the same to the innocent people then it would be genocide.
In this case its just a pure massacre, an act of war. Army has soldiers from Falmuth, mercenaries and church knights so its not a homogeneous force.
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 17, 2021 2:37 AM

Mar 2016
This was peak satisfaction, been waiting for this for so long. Who knew that the revenge route that a lot of series avoid would be this good.
Mar 17, 2021 2:37 AM
May 2020
I felt beyond fulfilled when I got to see all the humans die. And when the death toll kept on increasing on rimuru's part was the icing on the cake
Mar 17, 2021 3:18 AM

May 2019
Man, LN readers have been waiting YEARS for this episode to be animated. FINALLY.

"Megiddo" is up there with "Ashaaman, kill" as one of the best and most brutal one-liners in fictional history.

Anime only's are in for a treat the next two episodes!

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 17, 2021 4:01 AM

Oct 2015
This episode was amazing! It was so nice to see the otherworlders destroyed by Hakurou and Gerd this time. I didn't expect that Gerd were so strong, I thought he lost his powers when Rimuru defeated him.

That Megiddo skill looks so OP, but I thought Rimuru would do more like a nuke type attack. I wonder if against a strong opponent Megiddo just wouldn't pierce through him.
Mar 17, 2021 4:25 AM

Sep 2014
zorgabluff said:
Comander-07 said:
they arent humans, they are otherworlders. Beeings specifically summoned to be strong. Monsters arent monsters because they are strong, but because they are not human.

Otherworlders are humans
Comander-07 said:
they arent humans, they are otherworlders. Beeings specifically summoned to be strong. Monsters arent monsters because they are strong, but because they are not human.

Otherworlders are humans with unique skills. Monsters are different in that they evolve when named, whereas this isn’t the case for humans.
specifically way stronger humans as was set up by the lore all the time

Knight2520 said:
Comander-07 said:
I was going to complain that conveniently the otherworlders now were all much weaker than the characters we got in season 1, weakening field or not, they were all a bit too easily killed for supposedly very strong characters compared to their dominance last time. But they all got ended pretty brutally, which was nice. I even kinda felt bad for the girl atleast. Its not like it was their choice to get to this world and serve the kingdom.

But atleast the mage and possibly the knight captain too are looking promising.

Anyway I was not expecting the show to get so brutal, they are going for the "self insert wish fullfillmemt, who needs consequences, reviving the dead" trope after all.. so Rimuru actually killing 10.000 humans is something else. Ngl I hope he cant just revive them, even though I want the girl back.

And yeah sure it got stretched out, was to be expected. The animation was good atleast.

I gotta say, for the people who're complaining about this episode being "stretched out": it really wasn't. This episode followed the manga and light novel's pacing almost exactly. There were even a few scenes omitted or slightly reworked to make the episode go by even faster.
This is not my adaption list.
The source material can be stretched out too.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 17, 2021 5:22 AM

May 2019
Kareit said:

That Megiddo skill looks so OP, but I thought Rimuru would do more like a nuke type attack. I wonder if against a strong opponent Megiddo just wouldn't pierce through him.

I think Remuru demanded a Neutron's Bomb this time: How to wipe out all and every weakling but without a overkill technique that would destroy the land or spend too much mana. Megiddo is made for genocide.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2021

225 by SeventeenJebs »»
May 3, 3:53 PM

» I didn't like how Rimuru handled this arc to more precise he was too forgiving on that girl who used the barrier

Youbamii - Mar 22, 2021

43 by IAmKyle »»
May 1, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

255 by Gogeta_Blue69 »»
Apr 21, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

190 by Shocked »»
Apr 20, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2021

239 by Shocked »»
Apr 20, 9:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.