Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Shion didn't look well this episode due to her injuries. RIP.

Interesting development for Mjurran this episode though. She's starting to be more open towards others especially Youm. Hell, it looks like she even showed her feelings towards him in a romantic way.
Stark700Mar 2, 2021 8:12 AM
Mar 2, 2021 6:28 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, Shion died ?! As expected, because in the previous episode nobody told what happened to Shion ..

Eren is a good elf, ... I thought Myulan was going to be killed by Rimuru, it turned out that Rimuru saved her, using the 3 second rule.
Mar 2, 2021 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
Damn its good but pacing is too slow. Now I understand why this comment section is so silent compared to season1 ,
Mar 2, 2021 7:52 AM
Jun 2012
SirTristamSfan said:
Damn its good but pacing is too slow. Now I understand why this comment section is so silent compared to season1 ,

The pacing is fine, the whole problem with season one was that they went way too fast and blew through the material. This season is 24 episodes so they will cover plenty of material. Patience.
Mar 2, 2021 7:55 AM

Jun 2019
Man, seeing Shion, Gobzo and all others lying there hit me really hard. But, there's still hope. Rimuru's going to become a Demon Lord and resurrect them all. I hope everything works fine.
Mar 2, 2021 7:57 AM
Mar 2016
SirTristamSfan said:

Normally those of us reader get the whole picture in one go with Light Novel / Web Novel
so the anime format is extremely slow to build up the event
Mar 2, 2021 7:57 AM

Apr 2014
The moment I'm waiting for is coming next.....
Glad to see Youm and Mjurran happy together.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 2, 2021 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
damn this episode was so nice, sad to see that shion gobzo and the otheres are dead, hopefully rimuru's plan works out and they can be brought back. can't wait to see the falmuth kingdom fall and it'll be so funny to see youm as a king lol, nice backstory for milim there with that fairytail too
Mar 2, 2021 8:01 AM
Sep 2015
While I'm glad that there's a way to resurrect people (I'm a pro no-death), the cost is very high just as I expect. The show want to convince me that the cost will be the entire human army, but I think this is just misdirection and Rimuru already think a better plan than this, like consume souls from another demon lord (Clayman) instead. I don't think Falmuth citizen will be calm when their entire army is killed. But some key evil human like king and priest may be deserved to killed.

Grucius talking about married with Mjurran after Youm died, while it plays like a joke, I think it's highly possible, and I think all of them are agree with this plan. Youm and Grucius are best friend forever anyway.

Also, according to anime logic

3.14% = 100% possible
0.0001% = 100% possible
but 100% possible = 100% failed

LOL
Mar 2, 2021 8:02 AM

Aug 2020
It was good dont get me wrong but i expected Shions death to be shown 2 episodes ago. The pacing just isnt the same as season 1 which kinda disappoints me
Mar 2, 2021 8:07 AM

Oct 2017
Damn Shion's dead, best girl died protecting that little girl. Thou it looks like she can be resurrected since her soul is still in Tempest due to the barrier. The barrier that weakened people of tempest will now work as a way for them to come back to life.

So Rimuru now gotta become a demon lord to resurrect Shion and others. Thou he needs atleast 10 thousand human souls and conveniently Falmuth kingdom's army of 20 tbousand is marching towards tempest to become fodder for Rimuru's evolution, heh.

Good for Youm, he got a kiss from Mjjuran and she was even spared by Rimuru. Now she's gonna be his bride soon and lmao he's the next king of Falmuth.

That was an interesting fairy tale which is a true story I think. The princess in that story is definitely Milim. Now I'm really interested in her character. Hoping that we'll get focus on her in s2 part 2.
Mar 2, 2021 8:08 AM

Jul 2017
If anything, Demon Lord Clayman is an enemy that Rimuru cannot afford to glide past, given Mjurran's insider information, and the farce that is the war between the Kingdom of Falmuth and Jura Tempest Federation.

Everyone is definitely not OK...and for Shion, her imminent death flag last episode should have been a hint, from despair to hope, and back again. The existentiality of the loss of life may be covered with Rimuru's Gluttony, but there's a better way with Eryune "Eren" Grimwalt the elf from another nation, Thalion.

The Dragon Princess story does sound a lot similar to Demon Lord Milim, and the success rate as low as pi, the Demon Lord succession is Rimuru's next objective.

It's "sad" that the romance of Mjurran and Youm was cut short, but in truth, it was removing Demon Lord Clayman's tips of tracking her, so she's a blessing in disguise to the human side. Sending Youm to the Kingdom of Falmuth may be the biggest game-changer, as is with resurrection.

"To be a monster or human, that is the question."
Mar 2, 2021 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
Anyone know what is that sad ost in the beginning corpses scene?
Mar 2, 2021 8:22 AM
Apr 2020
Things went from 0 to 100 real, real quick this season. Rimuru sure did fool Clayman, I myself was half convinced that Mjurran is a goner when he pierced her heart.

"Don't give me hope." Congrats you are hereby named Rimuru Ronin-sama Tempest.

So, what comes next? A huge massacre of humans, or some other plot twist which ends well for the people of Falmuth too? The next 7 days are going to be one of the longest waits of my life.
Mar 2, 2021 8:24 AM

Feb 2019
Time for demon lord rimuru. Man I’ve waited so long to see this stuff animated, it almost feels surreal. The last 4 episodes are going to be absolutely insane, this is really where Tensura becomes peak fiction and I can’t wait to see how well 8bit handle it.

Looks like this season is just one cour, so it’ll end at the end of volume 6 I suppose. Hype.
Mar 2, 2021 8:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That first part was so painful, damn, but now it's very optimistic, it seems like it will be possible to resurrect them especially Shion, but only 3.14% chance, I really hope it will be possible, but for that Rimuru needs to become a demon king.
Mar 2, 2021 8:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This show is just so bad at keeping up tension. Just as the stakes had gone up, people had persihed and Rimuru was dropping his monotone happy happy voice and some real pathos was building up, there they go and bring us back to square one, where no one dies, everything is wholesome and friendship with all, even those that would kill you for sport is the name of the game. It just makes for a very unengaging "story" for us neutrals who are not coming from the hype of the source material.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 2, 2021 8:40 AM

Dec 2010
Took eons to reach the best part (manga only reader here), when Rimuru finally will become a Demon King. Next episode should be called "the massacre". :D :D :D
Mar 2, 2021 8:40 AM

Nov 2020
"Approximately twenty thousands of them"
Rimuru : Perfect Timing
IT IS INDEED A VERY PERFECT TIMING
Mar 2, 2021 8:41 AM
Oct 2016
Rimuru about to go real dark. Using those twenty thousand incoming troops to secure the souls he needs for this revival. That fairy tale, which was obviously about Milim, offered an interesting idea sacrificing souls to bring back a dead one. The barriers being there to possibly contain the dead souls so they don't leave makes the perfect environment for this plan to maybe just work. So sad to see Shion and Gobzo dead among all the others, dying to protect the citizens of Tempest. I could feel the rage Rimuru possessed when he saw Shion dead. Having to create another mask so those around him weren't harmed by the pressure his strong aura emanated. Glad that Rimuru saved Myulan so she could help him bring the people and city back. Making Youm the new king of Falmuth is hilarious but also brilliant. His shocked face when Rimuru said that made me laugh. Time to get some souls.
Mar 2, 2021 8:42 AM

Sep 2019
The girl from that fairy tale looked like Milim. Shion's death made me sad but I don't like the idea of resurrecting them. I'm looking forward to see Rimuru become a Demon Lord.
z00nexMar 3, 2021 12:43 AM
Mar 2, 2021 8:45 AM

May 2018
5 minutes in: nooo, shion...

15 minutes in: phew, shion...
Mar 2, 2021 8:45 AM

Nov 2014
I'm so hyped for what happens next.

Milim's backstory sneaked in? I hope we get to see her more this season, I miss her.
Mar 2, 2021 8:48 AM

Jul 2020
Depression into obsession into depression into realization! What a rollercoaster of an episode! Great to see there's a small chance of making everything fine in the end!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 2, 2021 8:54 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Rimuru is already OP enough for us to never worry about any repercussions within his own fights...

But now Rimuru is seriously going to be able to resurrect all of his fallen subordinates from the war?

At least he's going to have to slaughter some humans in order to do so, which should serve an interesting conflict to his initial morals of not harming humans. Though I'm guessing that he somehow discover a way to negate that conflict.
Mar 2, 2021 8:56 AM

Jun 2012
Amazing episode, it was well worth the build up from the last 2.
Mar 2, 2021 8:56 AM

Mar 2018
It terms of story and narrative this might be one of the dumbest episodes I have seen in a while. So they first set up the very serious and tragic death of a main character, then they flip it around, and do a bunch of convenient things which coincides with defeating the enemy in war. The lenghts this episode went this episode with making the entire world feel as consequence free as possible while the few episode before that trying to tear that away, it is so dumb. I love it. I love this show dumb, nonsensical, consequence free story in all its glory.
Mar 2, 2021 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Shion. Though she'll be resurrected soon anyways but first Rimuru has to become a demon lord by killing ten thousand humans. Luckily for him there is an entire army coming for him.

Youm becoming the next king of Falmuth. Can't wait to see that.

So the dragon princess who became a Demon Lord is Milim.

Mar 2, 2021 9:07 AM
Nov 2019
Well I didn’t like this episode much in manga and LN as well as WN when rimuru reacts to shions death seemed much more emotional and they even cut the line where rimuru says “because you valued your own pitiful life more you’ve decided to damn my people” while this episode didn’t go as I expected it to be, it was still a okay episode for me and I’m kinda sad that anime didn’t explore the bond bw shion and rimuru more instead just rushed things so the anime doesn’t end on a weird note
Mar 2, 2021 9:09 AM
May 2020
So I'm not the only one who wanted myurran dead right? She betrayed the whole of Tempest for her own greed, causing the deaths of multiple lives (regardless of resurrection), and in return she doesn't get killed and instead gets saved and a slap on the wrist?
Mar 2, 2021 9:11 AM
May 2020
Replette said:
Well I didn’t like this episode much in manga and LN as well as WN when rimuru reacts to shions death seemed much more emotional and they even cut the line where rimuru says “because you valued your own pitiful life more you’ve decided to damn my people” while this episode didn’t go as I expected it to be, it was still a okay episode for me and I’m kinda sad that anime didn’t explore the bond bw shion and rimuru more instead just rushed things so the anime doesn’t end on a weird note

mmmmm exactly they made rimuru seem a lot less forbidding it was quite disappointing, I remember reading this part in the manga and thinking how much of a badass rimuru was, didn't get the same feeling
Mar 2, 2021 9:12 AM

Apr 2016
Ok so this was actually pretty cool

Reviving the dead could come off as somewhat cheap here, but it's at least an end goal for the arc and not like...immediately after we see Shion and Gobzo dead. That's fair. I do wish we got a little bit more visually striking with her silent rage like we did with some of his quiet, somber expressions right beforehand, tho.

More importantly, each of the big reveals actually add a lot to the show's worldbuilding. We get the truth about Eren and her party with the kingdom they hail from that Rimuru will probably try to secure relations with, and we get Milim's somber backstory in fairy tale form, laying out the terms for becoming a demon lord in the process. Seriously, it's actually kind of cool how they used a fairy tale as a framing device for it without actually telling us it's her. Just seeing the girl who would eventually don the exact get-up and hair style was enough to let us know, and I could see Rimuru discussing this with her as a means of getting her to stop the war on Eurazania.

The penultimate scene really did go from 0 to 100, though I'm not sure if I would have preferred him temporarily exiling Myulan for a good few months while letting Youm and Grucius accompany her, or what actually happened here. Still, it does at least give us a second end goal for the arc: kill the king and violently replace the entirety of Farmus's government.
CodeBlazeFateMar 2, 2021 9:15 AM
Mar 2, 2021 9:16 AM
Nov 2019
juniorrrbello said:
Replette said:

mmmmm exactly they made rimuru seem a lot less forbidding it was quite disappointing, I remember reading this part in the manga and thinking how much of a badass rimuru was, didn't get the same feeling
True, this part in manga as well as novel made him seem mature but in anime its like he being his childish self and i love Rimuru’s seiyu but this episode it felt like pale with no emotions behind the dialogue welp guess they tryna pull rimuru vs hinata in the first part of the anime considering the Opening
Mar 2, 2021 9:20 AM
Aug 2020
The scene where Rimuru finds out Shion is dead was quite emotional, the soundtrack choice was really fitting too. I almost shed tears when reading the manga and novel, specifically this one scene, but i teared up a bit watching the anime adaptation. But tbh the pacing of the anime was quite slow, i still enjoyed it tho, just that i can't bear the feeling of cliffhanger and waiting for another one week to watch the continuation.

Here we go people, the moment we manga and novel readers have been waiting for is getting close.
Mar 2, 2021 9:23 AM

Aug 2020
Oh no.. Shion died? Thankfully she might be resurrected.
Mar 2, 2021 9:35 AM

Mar 2012
WEll i expected as much as shion to die.

while it started of depressing it quickly went back to hopefull and happy go lucky, Tension does not seem to fit this series so much, not that it is a bad thing i tend to hate depressing tones in an episode but it did seem a little to fast.

Looks like our androgynous slime is going to become a demon lord and will make sure that the Falmuth empire will pay. Humanity always had this dark side and the rulers of that nation certainly show the worst of it.

So they even added a bit of backstory to milim's past and how she became a demon lord, i still feel their is more to tell from that but will see.

OK, Time For war and this time, it is they who will know despair.
Mar 2, 2021 9:42 AM

Aug 2020
Things are getting more and more interesting.I am so curious about what will happen in the next episodes. But It would have been a bit better if Rimuru gone berserk for a while after seeing Shion lying there as she is the one who spends most time with him. But rather he was a bit quick to recover as if nothing happened. But I would like it if Rimuru humiliates the Falmuth army single handedly And capture the idiotic isekai trio and whip them to show who is the boss.
But Man , That Youm suddenly started getting more screen time in this season and now he gets Freaking kissed by Myulan which legit pisses me off. Lets leave personal matters aside.
Summary: 1.It would have been better if Rimuru Showed much more emotions which i was longing to see since the past week.
2.Why is Myulan Even in love with Youm. It would have been acceptable if she falls for Rimuru after he saves her from Clayman.A character who i barely Remembered stole Myulans heart . This is unacceptable !!!
3.The story is amazing except for Myulan falling for Youm.(This is like a typical ecchi anime where cute girls fall for a Mc who isnt that interesting.)
Ren-sama-Mar 2, 2021 9:47 AM
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 2, 2021 9:45 AM

Mar 2020
Cats out of the bag. Shion has been killed; however, there is still a glimmer of hope to resurrect her and all the other fallen monsters. Becoming a Demon Lord will give Rimuru a chance at reviving the ones who lost their life in the massacre.
Mar 2, 2021 9:47 AM
Feb 2018
juniorrrbello said:
So I'm not the only one who wanted myurran dead right? She betrayed the whole of Tempest for her own greed, causing the deaths of multiple lives (regardless of resurrection), and in return she doesn't get killed and instead gets saved and a slap on the wrist?

YES!! finally! I thought I was the only one that thinks that. At least banish her from the city or something, don't just forgive her like that, and I don't know why Grucius like her so much that he went that far to protect her.. like she's doesn't even see him that way and she loves Youm instead.
KasoTeki206Mar 2, 2021 9:57 AM
Mar 2, 2021 9:47 AM

Aug 2019
that shot of Rimuru piercing his arm through Myulan’s chest reminds me of a particular shot from Naruto lmao

overall a good episode and I hope everyone pulls through
snowykevinMar 2, 2021 9:53 AM
Mar 2, 2021 9:56 AM

Mar 2016
Normally the idea of bringing a dead major character back to life, especially mentioned in the same episode, can completely demean the feeling of seeing the character dead or the person/idea they were protecting.

Luckily this doesn't seem to be the case here as a good amount of work is going to be needed to achieve it (although at this point we can assume 3.14% basically equals 100% success). Sure all Rimuru has to do is become a demon lord...but at quite the cost. He's definitely showing his hatred for the army of Falmuth considering the shadow over his eyes when he went "perfect". Only needs 10,000 human souls, but maybe aim for 20,000 just to be safe :P

This episode also highlights some of the scenes in both the OP and ED. Readers likely called it spoilery as f***, but to those who aren't it was just showcasing a bunch of characters. This episode now shows the reason for Rimuru in the Sizu mask and also walking towards the adventuring trio with a travel cloak.
Guessing the ED is to highlight the importance of Shion as the catalyst for Rimuru's rise to becoming a demon lord, and then Milim since it seems clear from the episode that she is the demon lord from the fairy tale, coupled with the fact that we found out a few episodes ago that she is actually the oldest of the demon lords.

Looking forward to how this journey plays out from now and interested into when Rimuru will next run into Milim - before or after his evolution to True Demon Lord?
Mar 2, 2021 9:59 AM

Jun 2016
first 5 minutes of episodes about a cry a bit and sad , but after that , damn looks fine ...
Mar 2, 2021 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
SirTristamSfan said:

Slow? They streamlined it and skipped an entire chapter--namely Myulan's backstory about who she was, how Clayman found her, and their deal that sacrificed her heart.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 2, 2021 10:10 AM

Dec 2015
kevin_video said:
SirTristamSfan said:

Slow? They streamlined it and skipped an entire chapter--namely Myulan's backstory about who she was, how Clayman found her, and their deal that sacrificed her heart.

It's still too slow, the entire season is too slow
Mar 2, 2021 10:23 AM

Jan 2019
BrianMX34 said:
SirTristamSfan said:

The pacing is fine, the whole problem with season one was that they went way too fast and blew through the material. This season is 24 episodes so they will cover plenty of material. Patience.

Agree. People who couldn't handle the slower pacing spoiled this week's episode last week for many anime only watchers. People need patience and some common decency.
Mar 2, 2021 10:23 AM
Mar 2016
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
kevin_video said:

Sadly they cut a ton from season 1 and now they would like those back as they can't progress story without some of that part
Mar 2, 2021 10:26 AM

Nov 2010
Time to fuck shit up! Can't wait to see the next few episodes animated!
Mar 2, 2021 10:32 AM
Jun 2019
juniorrrbello said:

I'm kinda confused, what greed? I mean she made a deal with Clayman to stay alive when she was dying in exchange for loyalty, and he pulled a trick that would let him kill her whenever he wanted with a flick of a finger and hear and see everything she did by taking her heart (LN reader). It's like making a deal with someone for mutual benefit then said person straps a bomb vest to you and will blow it if you don't do what they want.
Mar 2, 2021 10:33 AM
Jun 2019
mickbis said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Sadly they cut a ton from season 1 and now they would like those back as they can't progress story without some of that part

I think the bug is they're splitting this into two parts and having the diary season in the middle, kinda messes with the flow.
Mar 2, 2021 10:34 AM
Sep 2012
ohh original source material readers ruining things for anime only's? that's a first... /s

idiots
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

254 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2021

345 by Magicmist »»
Apr 7, 11:32 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2021

322 by Magicmist »»
Apr 7, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2021

189 by Magicmist »»
Apr 7, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2021

184 by Magicmist »»
Apr 7, 6:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.