Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2021 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is fine, with the dramatic elements of the team players.

At this point, I didn't expect much character development except for both teams to raise the bar on their gameplay and skills. However, I will say that both teams' morale are much better than the first few episodes and everyone improve.
Mar 11, 2021 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
wow finally got some volleyball action, dont know why this show is trying to be so dramatic though, that ending scene though...
Mar 11, 2021 9:57 AM

Jun 2019
Some intense volleyball action b/w Seiin and Fukuho. Subaru is a really good player. Haijima still thinking of doing everything alone. And Kuroba is out for some time, because of his nosebleed. Gonna have to look, how they'll play in the upcoming sets.
Mar 11, 2021 10:02 AM
Sep 2015
For the anime that focus on things outside the court more than inside, it did the match pretty exciting. And I love that it has very fast pace. In contrast to Haikyu where it spent 3-4 episodes per match and only has tear-jerking moment in the last 10 seconds of the match.

I still can't remember all their name though.
Mar 11, 2021 10:28 AM
Oct 2019
My thoughts coming out of this episode? Ochi's such a sweet heart. Him and Subaru are literally the parents of Fukuho. Also Kuroba's such a drama queen- I hope his nose bleed clears up soon though. Also Haijima just being a concerned not-boyfriend ugh I love him. He needs to stop trying to do everything himself though..
Mar 11, 2021 10:44 AM

Aug 2020
Damn they lost the third set. F
Mar 11, 2021 11:21 AM

May 2020
I'm totally rooting for Fukuhou, rather than Seiin, the last eps focused more on them and Subaru's story, so it feels like I can empathize and cheer more for them ^^

What kind of reaction did Subaru expect from Yuni and Haijima!? xD
Mar 11, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2017
this show sucks doodoo water
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Mar 11, 2021 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
i swear why is this anime trying to be so dramatic. like i know you want me look forward to next episode but i really don't care. it was suprising they lost but I'm just happy subaru and his team won. now i feel bad for talking trash of seiin every week but i really don't give a fck abt them.
Mar 11, 2021 11:59 AM

Jul 2017
be4 said:
I'm totally rooting for Fukuhou, rather than Seiin, the last eps focused more on them and Subaru's story, so it feels like I can empathize and cheer more for them ^^
Same sentiments here.

Damn, for Subaru's close fall, strategist Ochi paid the price of being hospitalized for a moment. But let this not deter Fukuho's match against Seiin for one person's loss against an entire team's potential defeat.

It's either Yuni and/or Haijima that captures Fukuho's attention, and with it the 2 vs. all intensity of a match, what it took away from that is just "hyping" the drama between both schools right down to the score difference. Not bad per se, but sometimes it went to the levels of over-dramatization.

Amidst all the insane levels of DavidPro's animation, the interchange of the teams' morale and strategies will prove fatal to deciding the winner. Look how far these boys have become: from 100% a scrapper team to 100% teamwork.

Hope Yuni's nosebleeding injury clears up enough to face the same music to get Seiin back on top of losing 2 of 3 sets so far.

And what is Subaru's "reaction" business with Yuni and Haijima, I wonder...
Mar 11, 2021 12:31 PM

Mar 2020
I really thought it'd be nice to get some action on the court but man, the game moves way too quick. Twenty minutes and the fourth set is about to start? Damn, it's as if the second one didn't even happen.
Mar 11, 2021 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
the pacing is slow when they outside of the court but when there is a match, it's just too fast. bcs of that it's hard to enjoy. also there is little to no teamwork and trust between seiin team and hajima just tries to do everything by himself. nothing has changed from the begining him. AND i always forget kuroba is even an ace. like wtf
Mar 11, 2021 1:58 PM

Nov 2017
ConceitedModesty said:
shmoomp said:
Don't watch it then, why come here and comment about it?
cause this show sucks doodoo water
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Mar 11, 2021 2:15 PM

Jul 2017
the chad Subaru cross shot vs the Virgin Yuni rebound spike straight into his face

but why couldn't Yuni just wash the nosebleed lol. That shit can go away in like 5 minutes unless he broke his nose or smth with that botched shot
Mar 11, 2021 2:35 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Both teams suffered injuries.

That guy from Fuhuko who got hit in the face with Subaru's ass, and Yuni from Seiin who suffered a devastating nosebleed.

All that matters is that Fuhuko managed to secure the W.

I wonder how Seinn will handle this L, compared to how they managed their previous disqualification.

Will Yuno be able to recover from that devestating nosebleed in time for the fourth or fifth set? Well, yeah, I don't see why he wouldn't.
Mar 11, 2021 3:59 PM

Jun 2014
That nosebleed is screwing everything up. Damn that evil Subaru! I'd like to chop his legs off! :P

There's still a chance for Seiin to make a comeback. Let's hope they can do it.

Mar 11, 2021 5:15 PM

Oct 2009
Yeeeeeeah, with two episodes remaining... I don't see Seiin going to nationals. I mean I would love it if the anime got a second season, but I don't see that either at this point.

What's also really weird is when a series starts focusing on others more than the supposed protagonist and their main group/team/whatever. At this point, it sure feels like Subaru and Fukuho get a disproportionately large amount of attention for some reason. Not sure how to feel about that.
Mar 11, 2021 5:42 PM

Dec 2020
ochi getting an injury from that was still kinda lame for me but that ending.. they lost ??? big unexpected but totally hyped for next eps. especially the lil bit after the ed subaru came
Mar 11, 2021 7:22 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its actually a battle over the two different person leading in their different teams. Yep, the match was so fast pace and its kinda ruined the half of the enjoyment. But, the important parts were still animated quite good in a certain scenes. Very well done. The dramatic elements were still intacted pretty fine with how Yuni got so much mark, and the last nosebleed poor incident. Even he got three blockers to stop his straight shot, and the demonic bazooka were unstoppable through the durations. Then, when Haijima tried to be the one-shot man, everyone were sighing over that, its a lame excuse until Aoki-senpai backed some good words of it. In the end, when Yuni out of the court and got that news the times suddenly went to stop. They still had the next episode to back to their own feets, i believe. Subaru will get that knee wounds open soon to be the last device, and Ochi shall be the last critical point to seeing how Seiin win the match with the expected comeback. Lets see it happening ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 11, 2021 10:32 PM
Aug 2020
G Yuni is useless in their Game and overdramatic just for a nosebleed I don't know how this series will end still the problem is the pacing.
Mar 12, 2021 1:24 AM

Oct 2017
Without their main canon ofc they lost the set, Kuroba gotta go in and save the game.
Mar 12, 2021 1:38 AM

Sep 2013
Animation in this ep was fine af,loving the sound effects too (David Production really are the sound effects masters,sounds so crisp)

Deep dark fantasies
Mar 12, 2021 1:41 AM

Sep 2013
ConceitedModesty said:
shmoomp said:
Don't watch it then, why come here and comment about it?

Don't give him attention
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 12, 2021 5:02 AM

Apr 2009
1) That must have been the longest nosebleed ever. It latest an entire set, what?
2) This anime feels more and more like it should have been about the other team than Seiin.

Mar 12, 2021 7:17 AM

Oct 2016
Fukuho really do be the protagonists here lmao. That was a fine episode, the match is pretty much so far so good, there were a lot of derpy faces though, not that it bothers me, it's just pretty funny.

Haijima still tends to fall to his old habits, but he's getting there, he's learning. Kuroba as well is developing slowly, he ain't a useless depressed boi anymore, he's trying to observe and adapt which is good. Wonder what Subaru is going to talk to them about, maybe he's gonna give them a pep talk or something.
Mar 12, 2021 3:05 PM

Oct 2020
I see all the budget for this show went to those 2 shots by Subaru lmao
Mar 12, 2021 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
kuroba blood out of his nose hindered the game, I really want to know what will happen after that.
Mar 13, 2021 2:07 AM
May 2017
ngl that demon bazooka sakuga gave me chills
Mar 13, 2021 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
unpopular opinion: compared to the sports animes I have watched, this anime feels quite realistic. Not very but quite. I like it so far.
Mar 13, 2021 3:09 AM
Jul 2018
JoshsoJB said:
ngl that demon bazooka sakuga gave me chills

very true. It feels your hands will tear off if you receive from him.
Mar 13, 2021 6:38 AM

Oct 2008
i still think Seiin can still beat Fukuho..Kuroba just doesn't have the guts compared to Mimura...
4/5.
matias067Mar 13, 2021 6:52 AM

Mar 13, 2021 10:31 PM

Dec 2020
the ost during the third set, the one before Kuroba gets hit, is amaziiing!!

why are there 5 sets, is it the finale for their region already?

and jesus christ ... Subaru is so fucking annoying, I hate him so much already.
Mar 14, 2021 5:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Seiin is losing against Fukuho hmm, and Kuroba got injured and his nose is bleeding, he definitely needs to come back and help his team to beat Fukuho, the match is quite tense I would say.
Mar 14, 2021 9:29 AM
Oct 2019
Wow that Subaru Demon Bazooka was INSANE...

Surprised Surprised the match pacing was very fast...
Already ended third set...

Subaru, what kind of Reaction did you expect from that? Lmao
Mar 14, 2021 8:22 PM

Apr 2020
sorry for complaining about the annoying comparisons to haikyuu and now make one (/w\) BUT same seiyuu, different position, same preference for strawberry milk jaja

Mar 15, 2021 8:11 PM

Jul 2016
Man, I thought Ochi fucking got his neck broken or something but it was just his arm and he even managed to give some final pointers to Subaru before the match. Seriously, I don't know why they have to make this show feel so dramatic.

That aside, it was a pretty nice episode overall. Despite the fast pacing, the volleyball match is being handled quite decently and though it's true that I lost almost all interest in Seiin since Subaru and his school were presented, I still like how Haijima and co. are trying to achieve that sense of unity without overstepping each other's trust.
Mar 16, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 2017
This show as a whole is so mediocre. The characters are bland as bread to the point that none are even relevant. The only good character in this show is Oda. The main duo, Haijiama, and Yuni are so boring. Oda is a character that so motivating and he shows that hard work can be talent. This show has to improve with their characters since none are memorable to make me look forward to seeing them. The sound effects as well feel off. The spikes sound gunshots and that shows that want makes the show "cool".
May 12, 2021 12:58 AM

Jul 2015
As someone who doesn't know how volleyball games works, I was scared there for a moment thinking they lost the match (although losing the third set is not so good either).

Jun 3, 2023 11:22 AM

Dec 2022
Fukuho sending one of their teammates to clean their side was honestly such a respectable thing to do.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

64 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 12:15 PM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

43 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 8:42 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

35 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 8:24 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2021

53 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 13, 10:37 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

155 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 13, 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.