Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2021 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Noir in a suit lol. Cute dance this episode and Emma looks great in a dress.

It's too bad the night didn't go perfectly as they are attacked by a masked woman. The fight was alright. Noir's magical abilities and fighting skills seems to have improved. I think the guy that took Luna deserved the punch in the face, every square inch of it.
Mar 5, 2021 11:50 AM

Feb 2019
Emma is stunning in a dress. Great persona crossover this episode lol. It’s cool to see how far Noir’s fighting and magic skills have developed.
Mar 5, 2021 12:14 PM
May 2020
So our MC has the unique ability to create/edit skills via LP. So ofcourse he's gonna stock up on LP right? I mean he has everyone and their mum on his dick, plus that million pounds he got the other day so he should be fine, no?

Every fight he doesn't have enough LP, EVERY FIGHT. Surely you would've learned by now. This concept is unique and interesting but the writing is so poor and frustrating to watch.
Mar 5, 2021 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
Weird to see a phantom thief kidnapping people.

I swear that new adventure girl would be a member of Noir's harem. XD

That end card illustration of Emma tho... :o

Mar 5, 2021 12:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha I really don't know why this anime is so enjoyable, the plot was so stupid xD

Emma looked so hot with this hairstyle and outfit, she's definitely the best girl I swear.
And the fact that Emma cares more about her image to Noir than her own condition/body is wow... she must be madly in love with him, so it was good to see that he was here to save her at the end, liked that kiss too xD

Now thanks to Noir his father managed to open his shop, that's nice.

And next ep is gonna be about onsen... oh damn, it's gonna be full of fanservice
Mar 5, 2021 12:45 PM
Nov 2017
That dude Noir had me getting a little upset, not going to lie. For a second, I thought that he was going to be a cuck, and let Emma get kidnapped right in his very eyes. Noir needs to train harder and become OP already.

juniorrrbello said:
So our MC has the unique ability to create/edit skills via LP. So ofcourse he's gonna stock up on LP right? I mean he has everyone and their mum on his dick, plus that million pounds he got the other day so he should be fine, no?

Every fight he doesn't have enough LP, EVERY FIGHT. Surely you would've learned by now. This concept is unique and interesting but the writing is so poor and frustrating to watch.
I find that frustrating as well. I mean every major fight he’s in, he never has enough LP to just add a skill that will totally kill the enemy. He’s just as useless as Subaru from Re.Zero.

Mod edit: merged double post
BarnaldMar 6, 2021 4:28 AM
Mar 5, 2021 1:05 PM

Sep 2019
I didn't think Emma's "You wouldn't notice if someone took me away from you" talk was about the phantom thieves. Well, Noir managed to take her back so everything's back to normal.

The end card was great. ONSEN EPISODE NEXT WEEK!!!!
Mar 5, 2021 1:52 PM
Jul 2019
WTF, no Emma white panty flash ?!
Mar 5, 2021 2:03 PM
May 2014
this went from ok to trash pretty fast
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2021 2:43 PM

Sep 2020
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

I mean it seemed there was a lot less fan service in general today
Mar 5, 2021 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty lackluster on the fanservice this week, but ONSEN episode next week. I am sure that will make up for it! Let's hope new girl will be there too.

That end illustration though, my goodness!
Mar 5, 2021 4:37 PM
Apr 2013
The fights in this anime is really painfully bad lmao
Mar 5, 2021 5:28 PM
Nov 2020
why did emma say that she was dirty? is she just got rape or something bad, noir didn't interrupt either, someone pls explain
Mar 5, 2021 5:30 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This was one of the weakest episodes in the series although Emma looked great in that dress. That kidnapping scene was kinda of weird to me because Emma said "You wouldn't notice if someone took me away from you" to Noir at the beginning of the episode like she knew it was going to happen and when the kidnapping did take place she made no attempts to escape or defend herself. It kinda made me feel like she was in on the whole things and was using the kidnapping to prove point and to make Noir realize that he cares about her.
Mar 5, 2021 5:45 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Wow, the already limited production values really took a nosedive this week. The dialogue, the pacing, the characterization, the animation, everything seemed just... off somehow 😐 Way more than usual, that is 😄
gappasaurusMar 5, 2021 5:49 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Mar 5, 2021 5:49 PM

Mar 2019
An episode focusing on Emma only, couldn't ask for me since she is best girl. They two look so happy together and it's also fine with less fanservice this time.

The cards at the end are always great
Mar 5, 2021 6:09 PM

Dec 2010
Not a great episode.

No Alice Theater... 5/10
Mar 5, 2021 6:13 PM
Dec 2020
It’s trash, but I still love it, idk why
Mar 5, 2021 7:00 PM

Dec 2016
Trashy anime in general.
But, kinda fun to watch, and the girl is adorable.

What can I say, I'm something of a trashy person myself.
Mar 5, 2021 7:20 PM

Dec 2014
Worth it just for Emma in that outfit and that glorious end card.
Mar 5, 2021 7:45 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol. Phantom thief, Phantom. I thought the thief was that annoying noble kid. But, the thief was actually a pervert dude whose love to lewd the random beauty girl he fought out in the street. What a pervert. Gladly nothing serious happened to Emma xd.

However, he got the wrong opponent from the very first time. Sasuga, Noir-sama, could beat that gravitational manipulation very easily. I see that those girl rival adventurer felt a little jealous when seeing the damn kiss. Don't worry, girl! You soon get it too, if Noir-sama have a little time to spend to increase his lp shit.

The next episode sounds pretty good, can't wait for it!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 5, 2021 8:07 PM
May 2016
That was so disappointing, this was one of the better stories in the manga, especially about Noir and Emma's relationship and they completely butchered it. The story in the anime made hardly any sense they changed so much.
Mar 5, 2021 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
interesting episode i guess and some development for noir and emma, that new adventurer girl is pretty cute too.
Mar 5, 2021 8:11 PM
May 2016
AddaeAkono said:
This was one of the weakest episodes in the series although Emma looked great in that dress. That kidnapping scene was kinda of weird to me because Emma said "You wouldn't notice if someone took me away from you" to Noir at the beginning of the episode like she knew it was going to happen and when the kidnapping did take place she made no attempts to escape or defend herself. It kinda made me feel like she was in on the whole things and was using the kidnapping to prove point and to make Noir realize that he cares about her.

In the manga it explains she had been getting threatening letters way before this, and Noir and Emma do a lot more to prevent her from getting taken but Emma is knocked unconscious and Noir gets decked too and she is literally ripped from his arms.
Like I said the manga gets completely butchered.

Horn_dawg_2019 said:

They cut the scene in the manga where he cuts her dress off (and shows she was wearing black panties)

Mod edit: merged double post
BarnaldMar 6, 2021 4:29 AM
Mar 5, 2021 8:13 PM
Apr 2020
KInd of sad they skipped two of my favorite scenes from the manga, but oh well sucks to suck
Mar 5, 2021 8:16 PM
May 2016
juniorrrbello said:

In the manga he was stocked up but fights and uses his power a TON more that all got cut to the point he almost dies from using almost every last bit of LP. He even used it earlier to edit his dance skills.

baeyjr said:
why did emma say that she was dirty? is she just got rape or something bad, noir didn't interrupt either, someone pls explain

In the manga while she was unconscious the bad guy repeatedly gropes her breasts and then cuts her dress off, so leaving the reaction in when none of that happened was very odd.

badabass said:
Lol. Phantom thief, Phantom. I thought the thief was that annoying noble kid. But, the thief was actually a pervert dude whose love to lewd the random beauty girl he fought out in the street. What a pervert. Gladly nothing serious happened to Emma xd.

Their name was actually a pun she was Phan the Summoner (she summons a bunch of other creatures in the manga) and he is Tom the Disguiser, together they are the Phan-Tom Thief. And in the manga yeah he IS disguised as the noble kid (the real kid is tied up in the back) and that's how he is able to steal the stone when everyone goes chasing after Phan and Emma he stays behind to steal the stone. It's also why he was being such a jerk, the real noble kid was a good dude.

Mod edit: merged triple post
BarnaldMar 6, 2021 4:29 AM
Mar 5, 2021 8:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
MenchiK1 said:

Their name was actually a pun she was Phan the Summoner (she summons a bunch of other creatures in the manga) and he is Tom the Disguiser, together they are the Phan-Tom Thief. And in the manga yeah he IS disguised as the noble kid (the real kid is tied up in the back) and that's how he is able to steal the stone when everyone goes chasing after Phan and Emma he stays behind to steal the stone. It's also why he was being such a jerk, the real noble kid was a good dude.

Oh well. Good explanation! Such a shame the anime didn't explain it properly, or i just simply an ignorant. But nevermind the story, i come here to enjoy the girls! xd
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 5, 2021 8:52 PM

Nov 2020
This is my new favourite Harem ecchi Fantasy Trash
It’s just so damm enjoyable
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Mar 5, 2021 9:00 PM

Dec 2015
What a waste of episode. The novel was so great, the anime is extremely lacking in adaptation quality. A lot of content was skipped or just skimmed through. This anime should have been of 10/10 rating quality. But the adaptation is just about 6-7 of 10.
Mar 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Jul 2017
That's a gala party alright, in the pretense of it being the typical noble's showcase thwarted by some rando pervert "Phantom Thieves" (2 persons, Phan and Tom).

Emma looks gorgeous in that dress, and no matter what the answer may be: the childhood friend troupe always wins over nobility.

But goddamn, this episode was painful to watch, apart from it being the slow burner as usual. Without the context of the LN/manga to which the events of this episode are laid upon, it feels like flexing the power fantasy troupe to the point of being pointless and just for show, and not to mention the lack of animation (and ecchi).

Speed-running through 10 chapters (of the manga adaptation of the LN), I don't like the sound of that.

Oh well, wait next week for the ecchi compensation of the typical onsen fanservice episode.
Mar 5, 2021 9:16 PM

Oct 2017
Emma and Noir looked like a beautiful couple in the party.
Mar 5, 2021 9:25 PM
Jul 2015
I'm definitely not here for the story so no fanservice made it a super disapointing episode.

And yeah dude got his ridiculously OP powers but is too dumb to use them.Just make the girl you fight 300 lbs as well and tadam all done.

Mar 5, 2021 10:20 PM

Oct 2020
Well this was a interesting episode
Mar 5, 2021 10:28 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Those are Emma's parents isn't it? Romy is gorgeous like Emma, Emma just like her :) Emma was STUNNING AND BEAUTIFUL IN HER DANCE LOOK <333333333
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 5, 2021 10:58 PM
Nov 2020
MenchiK1 said:
baeyjr said:

In the manga while she was unconscious the bad guy repeatedly gropes her breasts and then cuts her dress off, so leaving the reaction in when none of that happened was very odd.
but emma still virgin right?
Mar 5, 2021 11:22 PM
Jul 2018
This was a week of unintentional references. First we had Ex Arm with the Buster Sword and now this with the Phantom Thief!

Mind blown!
Mar 5, 2021 11:33 PM

Apr 2014
Emma focused episode, this is the best. She is stunning and very beautiful in that dress.
The next episode is the onsen with everyone?! This gonna be good for sure.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 6, 2021 1:40 AM

Apr 2020
This episode was somewhat entertaining in a sense. We got a nice dance from Emma and Noir (and folks I have some screenshots of those). And a decent (and boring) struggle for Emma and defeating the Phantom Thief. Nice way to develop their relationship more, I'm sure both of their parents are already gonna say YES once they propose in the future.

Btw, this picture is one of those pictures where you can divide it in half, I don't know what the name for the term is, but here you go:
Mar 6, 2021 3:21 AM

May 2018
Emma in a dress makes me SCHWING
Mar 6, 2021 3:42 AM

Nov 2010
baeyjr said:
MenchiK1 said:

No. She got done dirty. Such a shame.
Mar 6, 2021 4:10 AM

Apr 2016
I feel like in this episode the animation is bad, unlike the previous episode. The story is also a little boring.
Mar 6, 2021 4:31 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread cleaned

As a reminder: posting multiple posts in a row is frowned upon, please edit your previous post instead.
Mar 6, 2021 5:27 AM
Nov 2018
Some sloppy writing in this episode:

Noir: "I had no faith in you to begin with. Anyway ... Father, do you have any clothes suitable for a party?"

You just told him you don't have any faith in him. And he is poor, and you have the money to buy a suit.

"The sender was none other than ... the Phantom Thief Phantom."

Good job, translator.

Why would you tell all the guests about the threat right when the party starts? There could have been a scene where he tells a small group of people instead, and Noir overhears it. And when you declare that everyone is safe, why is there not a single guard around?

Nobles are always viciously sneering, it seems. The red-haired Mike Kenny (well, Kentall) who wants a dance. And earlier - they only rent out store space to nobles? And not even to baronets. So every store in town is run by a noble? And anything on the same level.

Emma has just seen Noir being put down, and still she smiles and dances splendidly with Mike.

If Noir can just use magic to give himself dance skills, even ... then what's the point of anything, really. Can't help but compare this to the dance scene in Jobless Reincarnation, where being a good dancer meant some struggle.

The lights go out and are turned back on? Suddenly this Medieval world has electric lights?

Why would "the Phantom Thief Phantom" attack a room full of magic users? Yes, even adventurers who bring a gigantic axe to a ballroom with no one reacting.

The thief declares that she is going to kidnap Emma. No one bothers to walk up to Emma. When she is grabbed, and the thief is standing there for several seconds, no one does anything.

The safe with the Maiden's Tear is in the ballroom? And he opens it to see that the Tear is fine when the thieves are right there?

"What's with you two?"

You attacked a mansion full of wealthy nobles who can hire magicians, or are magicians themselves. Don't complain.

"Emma! Emma!"

The roof is on fire! The one Leila jumped up from to fight the firebird. Won't you put that out before you run up to the girl?

"Let's be friends." With a handshake? In a Medieval word of nobles, people shake hands? And it's a woman and a man, too. With no relation.

If your profession is set to "Thief" and there are people who can see your profession, you better spend all your time hiding out in the woods.

Phantom: "I'm going to make Miss Emma my wife. I've always taken whatever I wanted, you see."

Noir: "Why are you after Emma?"

He just told you.
Mar 6, 2021 5:32 AM
Nov 2020
Rinji- said:
baeyjr said:

who take she virginity? the kidnappers? or someone not noir
Mar 6, 2021 6:17 AM
May 2016
baeyjr said:
Rinji- said:

who take she virginity? the kidnappers? or someone not noir

No one did anything below the waist, Rinji is screwing with you.

Hegar said:
Some sloppy writing in this episode:

Everything you pointed out was changed from how it happened in the manga.

2) see my post above
4)Mike was actually Tom in disguise, I believe they were just charging exorbitant rates
5)happens completely different in the manga, Noir gets jealous after seeing them dance and he doesn't put him down before that just bumps into him
6) that was the one thing they kind of got right, he was so focused on dancing well, he was ignoring Emma until she tells him 'hey are you trying to have fun with ME or just impress some jerk?' after which he loosens up and instead has fun.
7) magic lights?
8)She doesn't she is the "summoner" and true to her name she summons a giant cerberus who attacks them
9)In the manga Noir immediately grabs her and her him and she is ripped out of his arms after both are attacked
10) in the manga he had the adventure party guarding a safe as a distraction and Tom in disguise waits around until they chase Phan and the Earl goes to check where it's really hidden to see if it's safe, THEN steals it
11)both Phan and Tom have powerful magic too, it's just not really shown
12) Emma is actually taken away from the fight on the back of an animal Phan summons
14) neither is thief, they cut out Tom's long backstory
15) it was actually really more complicated
MenchiK1Mar 6, 2021 6:40 AM
Mar 6, 2021 6:29 AM

Aug 2008
Haven't seen such atrocious writing in a long time. Who the hell came up with these garbage lines. Every scene was so badly constructed and just dripping with nonsense.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 6, 2021 7:15 AM
Nov 2018
@menchik1 Yes, I saw that rescue of the story above, no need to write it again. This is an anime, not the manga. I'm pointing out that this episode had a lot of illogical stuff going on. The correct response would be yes, it's bad. Not, well, ANOTHER story did NOT have that going on.

Also I knew someone would explain the lights going out and being turned back on again with magic. Except that what the writers clearly have in mind is a chandelier being turned on and off like you turn a lamp on and off. That's what's in their heads. There are no magic sparkles or whatever, no magic wind or anything for the main characters to note. It's only if someone asks closer that the "ehh, let's say magic..." has to be added as a rescue.

If an explanation is "it could have been this thing that wasn't even hinted at, and we just didn't see it because the camera wasn't there," then it's not an explanation.
Mar 6, 2021 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
Well that was bad

I was enjoying it up to now, due to the Harem, Ecchi and lewd kisses. But this... Wtf was this

The episode felt so slow, like it lacked quite a lot of animation frames, plus, the dialogue and acting was so bad.

"Imma gonna get kidnapped"

*gets kidnapped*

"Oh no!"

Welp, looks like next ep we're back on track with the Ecchi, hopefully to breathe some life back into it
Mar 6, 2021 8:48 AM

Feb 2018
I can't take my eyes off that statement
Mar 6, 2021 8:50 AM

Oct 2016
Gotta love Emma, I enjoyed the episode (well mostly for Noir and Emma) but damn the writing this episode was kinda trash, not trash in an enjoyable way but just legit trash, I mean I liked that they tackled Noir and Emma's relationship but it could have been way better.

Noir, Emma's right there marry her already lmao. Onsen episode next week! Looking forward to that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

69 by MxaOP »»
Feb 17, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 15, 2021

81 by MxaOP »»
Feb 16, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

99 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 15, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

61 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 15, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

130 by ZelevLee »»
Nov 13, 2023 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.