Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2021 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not sure how I feel about Julius tbh. I mean, he does have the will to carry his role but the character itself needs more development. In terms of supernatural content, there's demons to deal with.

On Kumoko's side, she's doing what she can to survive. Just an everyday life of the spider.
Mar 5, 2021 5:45 AM

Jan 2020
A chapter full of revelations, we finally meet Administrator D and a bunch of new characters

Somehow I imagined the taste of a dragon, does it taste like chicken? LOL

The 2D quality continues to impress me, and the 3d is decent for me, the voices for the new characters match that of your characters, I underestimated this episode last week!

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Mar 5, 2021 6:02 AM

Jun 2019
Man, Kumoko is just so adorable. I don't like spiders but she's so cute. That pose after defeating the dragon was so cute and hilarious. There was a mysterious guy as well. That convo. was funny AF. Also, we got to hear the admin's voice this episode.
Oh no, it seems the battle is approaching near. And the demon clan means business.
Julius...??? :(
Mar 5, 2021 6:03 AM

Jun 2014
I KAN*T SPEAK I SE KAI GO

Loved the last scene with Shun. The human side was really well done.
Mar 5, 2021 6:04 AM

Jan 2021
Julius needs more screentime, he died too soon.
Mar 5, 2021 6:39 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
I didn't expect that we would be meeting the admin through a mobile phone (aka Evil God, D).

It also now seems safe to assume that Kumoko is Devil, and now her and the Demon Clan will be going to War with the kingdom that the rest of her class resides.

I wonder how Schlain will respond to becoming the new Warrior, upon the death of his brother and predecessor Julius (excluding the short reaction we got at the end).
Mar 5, 2021 6:53 AM

Oct 2017
So uh is Julius' scarf made from Kumoko's thread? Nice Kumoko finally beat the dragon but one of the demon lord's legion commander shows up and says one of his kin is dead. So he's the dragon legion's commander I guess.

Welp the demon clan is going on war. The demon lord uses threads and abyss magic too, same as Kumoko. I think Kumoko might have some sort of relation with her. Maybe Kumoko can evolve into a demon lord like her one day.

Also damn Julius is dead. I liked the guy. Now Shun inherited the title but he broke down, I mean ofc he would.
Mar 5, 2021 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
wow this episode was quite interesting, kumoko finally won the fight with the dragon and that random admin with the phone and stuff too lmao. that demon lord girl is hot af and that dude at the academy became the new hero?? also, was that the teacher at the meeting as well?

that smile tho
Mar 5, 2021 6:57 AM

Feb 2019
Series is starting to take a much darker tone now and I like it. The demon lord and her allies preparing for war, the hero’s death was pretty foreseeable. The whole “see you soon” death flag gave it away, but man feel bad for his little brother.

Administrator and Kumoko trying to communicate and then a cellphone popping up was hilarious lol.

I’m looking forward to what the next few eps bring, should be fun. Glad we’re getting more of the 2D story too as opposed to so much 3D
Mar 5, 2021 6:59 AM
May 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Series is starting to take a much darker tone now and I like it. The demon lord and her allies preparing for war, the hero’s death was pretty foreseeable. The whole “see you soon” death flag gave it away, but man feel bad for his little brother.

Administrator and Kumoko trying to communicate and then a cellphone popping up was hilarious lol.

I’m looking forward to what the last 3 episodes bring, should be fun. Glad we’re getting more of the 2D story too as opposed to so much 3D

it's 24 episodes not 12
Mar 5, 2021 6:59 AM

Feb 2019
juniorrrbello said:
Marinate1016 said:

I’m looking forward to what the last 3 episodes bring, should be fun. Glad we’re getting more of the 2D story too as opposed to so much 3D

it's 24 episodes not 12

Jesus Christ how did you see this so quickly.
Mar 5, 2021 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
spaesu said:
wow this episode was quite interesting, kumoko finally won the fight with the dragon and that random admin with the phone and stuff too lmao. that demon lord girl is hot af and that dude at the academy became the new hero?? also, was that the teacher at the meeting as well?

that smile tho
uncontested best girl
Mar 5, 2021 7:10 AM

Jan 2014
I hate how quickly this goes, as I want next week's ep here and now lol. It's so enjoyable, and as more of the story unfolds. It's gonna keep being entertaining.
Mar 5, 2021 7:11 AM
Sep 2015
This continue to feel like two separate stories in one anime. The outside world keep expanding the universe, while the inside dungeon keep focusing on spider's minds deeper and deeper.
Mar 5, 2021 7:13 AM
Oct 2016
Mostly dealing with the human storyline this episode with Shun and Julius bonding. Which made that last scene truly heartbreaking to see. I knew it right when Shun started hearing he acquire true hero title. That was brutal for him to lose his older brother. We also got to see the demon lord for the first real time other than a glimpse. Shes interesting to see, controlling her commanders because of how powerful she is. Loved that scene with them all at the table. Kumoko did get a little bit of spotlight with the end to her fight with the dragon. Gladly she beat it leveling up a ton in the process. Has that three kind of evil eye skill to use now.
Mar 5, 2021 7:15 AM

Jul 2017
Julius Nii-sama, you came and went too soon.

The scarf memento made from a Taratect, this info is hideous enough to confirm that adventurers definitely have entered the dungeon before (where Kumoko now resides in). This must have some connection to the human side of the plot...

It's business as usual for Kumoko to fend herself off against even stronger monsters, but the reveal of the malevolent "evil god" Administrator D is concerning enough...if "I can't speak, Isekai-go!". Even if there isn't the Isekai Language for Dummies book, a smartphone is good enough for translation purposes. Regardless though, the plot for the Labyrinth side has also started to move in a paradigm shift.

The Demon Lord and her underlings are also another fascination, aside from the ever-too-cliche power struggle fest. The start of the war between humans and demons, and with the immediate transfer of Julius's Hero skills to Shun, one can only imagine the wreck of the travesty.

WHEW, a thought-provoking episode that begins to shine the light on both sides of the story.
Mar 5, 2021 7:16 AM
Nov 2018
Definitely an exposition episode.

I expect to see a lot fewer slime comparisons now that the plot is starting to show up.

I just want the whole series to be finished so I can binge it, lol the anticipation of next episode is killing me.
Mar 5, 2021 7:22 AM
Mar 2021
So she’s in the dungeon 15 years before the boring human parts? Nobody is talking about this so was it revealed earlier? Ah clearly she pulled a slime isekai and got a human form in the future and is the demon lord, obviously. And don’t tell me a different spider left the nest, built a home, found a dragon egg, and had it taken back by humans.
LooselyCarrotMar 5, 2021 8:14 AM
Mar 5, 2021 7:23 AM
Mar 2014
What can I say is...
The author is really genius XD
She is misleading everybody O_O
AkiraDegawaMar 5, 2021 7:26 AM
Mar 5, 2021 7:23 AM

Jan 2015
Probably the best episode

We are finally introduced to the demon lord and all the other characters
Mar 5, 2021 7:35 AM

Jul 2019
This episode was pretty fucking good, seeing these characters just makes me smile, demon loli is easily best girl tho. The last scene was also pretty well handled, shun´s voice was a 10/10. I read the light novel and can very much say they know what they are doing
Mar 5, 2021 7:39 AM

Apr 2020
Little confused!??
We got see kumoko making that silk and having that egg in previous episodes (I guess ) but human side mentioned that it happened 15 years ago...
But we are getting to see humans and kumoko side by side ,so when we saw kumoko with that silk and egg human side was still the same as in this episode ... But they are saying that happened 15 years ago
What I want to ask that is there a different rate of flow time of both sides or any other thing
Sorry my English is not good....
Mar 5, 2021 7:40 AM

Apr 2013
So after Kumoko being voiced by Tanya's seiyuu, D is Visha's seiyuu? From trusted subordinate to evil god, what a betrayal !

Also thank you anime studio but with the way you put it in the cast list at the end, it's 100% obvious who was kumoko there. As an anime only, I'd say that this was dead obvious if you read the credit part.

The opening was spoiling heavaily Julius's death but I didn't expect it to be off screen. Maybe we'll see what happened next episode.

Nice episode overall, though it would have been nice if we didn't go from lvl 3 to lvl 15 as an unexplained timeskip. Story telling never told us there was a timeskip last episode and we're now put in front of that reality, since she was level 15 when she fought the dragon whereas for us she was still level 3.
She also mentions being 1 level away from evolving, but the story skipped any info on the fact that this forms evolve at 20. We don't know, we don't know how kumoko knows that either since until know she didn't have a way to find. I suppose it's that new info access she has with wisdom and the like, but... that's like "oh yeah btw I've already learned that my next evolution is at 20 and I've passed 12 level when you were not watching, sorry I forgot to tell you that ( :( )

btw, lmao, both kumoko and Fei put the same pose after defeating a dragon with the leg raised.
ZefyrisMar 5, 2021 8:35 AM
Mar 5, 2021 7:41 AM

Mar 2016
LooselyCarrot said:
So she’s in the dungeon 15 years before the boring human parts? Nobody is talking about this so was it revealed earlier? Ah clearly she pulled a slime isekai and got a human form in the future and is the demon lord, obviously. And don’t tell me a different spider left the nest, built a home, found a dragon egg, and had it taken back by humans.
it was hinted at in previous episodes, and was more obvious in the novels
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 5, 2021 7:44 AM
May 2016
Mar 5, 2021 7:45 AM

Jan 2014
LooselyCarrot said:

That's 100% her, I'm not sure if she's the demon lord but the spider nest is definitely hers and the dragon egg as well.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 5, 2021 7:51 AM

Jan 2015
You know it’s good writing when half of the watchers can’t comprehend who is who and if there’s two different timelines, lol
Author did a great job at handling all of this
Mar 5, 2021 7:54 AM
Sep 2020
15 years time gap between the humans and kumoko's side? My manga and anime information is clashing a lot!!! Why does the manga have to be so different.
Mar 5, 2021 7:57 AM
May 2016
VP2003boi said:

Mar 5, 2021 7:57 AM
Sep 2020
Zefyris said:
nime studio but with the way you put it in the cast list at the end, it's 100% obvious who was kumoko there. As an anime only, I'd say that this was dead obvious if you read the credit part.

Could you explain? The info in credits?
Mar 5, 2021 7:58 AM

Jun 2009
Nayrahsetkum said:
15 years time gap between the humans and kumoko's side? My manga and anime information is clashing a lot!!! Why does the manga have to be so different.

Cause it's bad adaptation of WN/LN? Manga just dropped half the story for no apparent reason. Also Anime will surpass manga by the 2nd cour end - so if you want to be ahead of the story read the LN XD
Mar 5, 2021 8:00 AM

Jan 2016
Those who liked julius or felt that he needed more screentime, could check out the novel,which fleshes out julius much more.
There's a scene of him sparring with shun and a scene of him drinking with their father, the King.
I liked julius too, sad that all that's left of him were his equipment and the spider thread scarf.
The trouble with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.
Mar 5, 2021 8:06 AM

Aug 2020
Damn.. There's going to be a war? I'd love to get some insight for these characters.
Mar 5, 2021 8:10 AM

Apr 2013
Nayrahsetkum said:
Zefyris said:
nime studio but with the way you put it in the cast list at the end, it's 100% obvious who was kumoko there. As an anime only, I'd say that this was dead obvious if you read the credit part.

Could you explain? The info in credits?

the whole cast (at least all of those who talked) for all the demons leaders sitting at the table is written in the credits of this episode (together with their character names, including characters that were not called by their name during the episode) when shun is holding his head with his hands. It's not hard to notice something simple there.
Mar 5, 2021 8:12 AM
Apr 2020
Great episode, loved seeing the demon lord meeting and the final screen where Shun get hero title is great to see.

Finally the anime revealed the time line difference between humans reincarnation and our fav Spidy girl. For any one who not read light novels the time line of this series is going to start getting Pulp fiction.

Thing just starting to heat up and can’t wait to see more.

As some who read the LN’s know the story to come it still been a really great watch to see it brought into animation.

Feb 2020
Zefyris said:
Also thank you anime studio but with the way you put it in the cast list at the end, it's 100% obvious who was kumoko there. As an anime only, I'd say that this was dead obvious if you read the credit part.

Dec 2015
ok, is it just me or did Administrator D sound like... unless i'm missing the VA's ... and i'm not often right about my Japanese VA's... i THINK Admin D is Ai Kayano. you may remember her as Mamako Oosuki from Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? Alice from SAO and Darkness from Konosuba. but i'm probably wrong.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Mar 5, 2021 8:15 AM

Apr 2013
Rarkis said:
Zefyris said:

:')
well yeah, not the least visible way to put it. Should have not made her talking tbh, several others didn't talk so they didn't have any mention in the cast list (4th and 6th leaders)

KiliianSleipnir said:
ok, is it just me or did Administrator D sound like... unless i'm missing the VA's ... and i'm not often right about my Japanese VA's... i THINK Admin D is Ai Kayano. you may remember her as Mamako Oosuki from Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? Alice from SAO and Darkness from Konosuba. but i'm probably wrong.

Administrator D is Hayami Saori. That's Viktoriya Serebryakova (Visha) 's seiyuu, among other character she voiced.
She sounds exactly like Visha so that was fairly easy for me since I've rewatched the show not long ago, but the credit confirms it anyway.

LooselyCarrot said:
it was implied heavily since episode 1 imo, but it's the first time it's shown that directly. Note that seeing the commentaries above, at least one person in this thread still didn't get it this episode, so I guess until the anime speaks it out clearly on screen there's still going to be some peoples missing the fact ^^".
ZefyrisMar 5, 2021 8:28 AM
Mar 5, 2021 8:23 AM
Dec 2017
Altter said:

Mod edit: spoiler tags
BarnaldMar 6, 2021 4:51 AM
Mar 5, 2021 8:25 AM

Dec 2015
Rarkis said:
Zefyris said:

just like in TV shows around the world the cast list is in the credits. everybody who had speaking lines in that episode is mentioned. often paired with their characters' names. if you can read kanjii https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOkoB9xWbfLrTvM5yYd8SsPR-D2Ge4pMq1VVmgNCGBPPZ4UsveyPlDnw5eQzn-OaQ/photo/AF1QipOZsapxUJSqaxVeXjBywVDmlEYIjS9d-v60M0Z7?key=ZmRmOGZibC1aeTJyeTdtMndHYWtGUVE2d0lTckt3

and
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOkoB9xWbfLrTvM5yYd8SsPR-D2Ge4pMq1VVmgNCGBPPZ4UsveyPlDnw5eQzn-OaQ/photo/AF1QipP1CvVesV06yhkk9tFI0bQFoMmicfvTBx1hC6Hs?key=ZmRmOGZibC1aeTJyeTdtMndHYWtGUVE2d0lTckt3

i just took those screenshots off my PC a few minutes ago. i put them in a google photos shared file that SHOULD be public. if anybody has any problems seeing them, sorry. :) i'm not that proficient.
KiliianSleipnirMar 5, 2021 8:32 AM
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Mar 5, 2021 8:43 AM

Jan 2021
linkhuesitos said:
Altter said:

Mod edit: spoiler tags

Mod edit: spoiler tag
BarnaldMar 6, 2021 4:52 AM

Dec 2015
KiliianSleipnir said:

Administrator D is Hayami Saori. That's Viktoriya Serebryakova (Visha) 's seiyuu, among other character she voiced.
She sounds exactly like Visha so that was fairly easy for me since I've rewatched the show not long ago, but the credit confirms it anyway.[/quote]

yeah, if you can see it i posted links to screenshots of the two credits' frames with the cast. not that i can read kanji. D is listed in image one at timecode 23:06. seriously? wow. Yukino Yukinoshita frm MyTeenROMCOMisSNAFU and Miyuki Shiba from IrregularAtMagicHighSchool??? seriously? i so did NOT hear that. heh. ah well. like i said, i hardly ever get Japanese VA's right. :>

Feb 2020
KiliianSleipnir said:

just like in TV shows around the world the cast list is in the credits. everybody who had speaking lines in that episode is mentioned. often paired with their characters' names. if you can read kanjii

Hehe, thank you!
Mar 5, 2021 8:49 AM
Sep 2020
KiliianSleipnir said:
Rarkis said:

just like in TV shows around the world the cast list is in the credits. everybody who had speaking lines in that episode is mentioned. often paired with their characters' names. if you can read kanjii https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOkoB9xWbfLrTvM5yYd8SsPR-D2Ge4pMq1VVmgNCGBPPZ4UsveyPlDnw5eQzn-OaQ/photo/AF1QipOZsapxUJSqaxVeXjBywVDmlEYIjS9d-v60M0Z7?key=ZmRmOGZibC1aeTJyeTdtMndHYWtGUVE2d0lTckt3

and
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOkoB9xWbfLrTvM5yYd8SsPR-D2Ge4pMq1VVmgNCGBPPZ4UsveyPlDnw5eQzn-OaQ/photo/AF1QipP1CvVesV06yhkk9tFI0bQFoMmicfvTBx1hC6Hs?key=ZmRmOGZibC1aeTJyeTdtMndHYWtGUVE2d0lTckt3

i just took those screenshots off my PC a few minutes ago. i put them in a google photos shared file that SHOULD be public. if anybody has any problems seeing them, sorry. :) i'm not that proficient.

Well cant read Kanji. But used Google lens
NayrahsetkumMar 5, 2021 8:55 AM
Mar 5, 2021 8:58 AM

Dec 2015

Hehe, thank you!
[/quote]

YVW. i had just finished streaming the episode and still had the Tab open so i thought i'd add some 'true first hand source materials' to the discussion. :>
Mar 5, 2021 9:03 AM

Dec 2015
Well cant read Kanji. But used Google lens
[/quote]

it is probably too early to say, but since the kid got the title Hero from his bro who's possibly deceased titles could be passed on to the next viable candidate i'd guess. if i follow your question correctly the 'thread of this part of the discussion' is trying to verify if Kumo-chan's VA is the same VA as the new loli Demon Lord from the 'meeting' scene. this would imply that Kumo-chan IS the new loli Demon Lord. not that Voice Actors/tresses haven't had MULTIPLE ROLES in the same show, let alone the same episode sometimes... and no, they're NOT always a character in disguise or evolved or whatever. :>
Mar 5, 2021 9:17 AM

Sep 2019
Oh shit the Demon Lord can use webs and met with that guy a long time ago, I guess she really is Kumoko. The Demon Lord was so cute but didn't expect them to be the same person. Hearing Hayami Saori on the phone made me happy, I hope we can see her character in this season. The Hero is dead, rip.
Mar 5, 2021 9:28 AM

Aug 2013
So the Demon Lord really is Kumoko. There being two timelines makes sense now.

Not surprised that the Hero was killed off since it was hinted in the OP

Mar 5, 2021 9:32 AM

Feb 2018
My boy Wrath spoke!!! let's gooo.

and yeah, Evil God D is voiced by Saori and Demon Lord is voiced by Sumire, it honestly makes sense, for one we never actually heard Kumoko's voice, only what she's thinking....

And yeah, there is a 15 year difference in the narratives, everyone was born in this world and human pregnancies take around 9 months, Shun's group is 15 or 16 years old by now. Kumoko on the other hand is a spider, it takes weeks for an egg to hatch and since she is in the labyrinth we can't be sure of how much time has passed, even more so when the anime is skipping all the grinding she does (thank you).
Primo_ItokoMar 5, 2021 10:10 AM
Mar 5, 2021 9:40 AM
Sep 2020
Primo_Itoko said:

and yeah, Evil God D is voiced by Saori and Demon Lord is voiced by Sumire, it honestly makes sense, for one we never actually heard Kumoko's voice, only what she's thinking....

Didn't she talk with Administrator Guy and D? It was the same voice as her thought.
NayrahsetkumMar 5, 2021 9:50 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.