Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 3, 2021 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Legoshi wants to train and get stronger. Interesting.

Good amount of psychology this episode. If anything, I admire Legoshi's fighting spirit and determination even if he is the underdog.
Mar 3, 2021 1:13 PM

Nov 2019
Things are getting close to the ending.
Kibi and tao moment is <3

Also, is it just me, or does legosi's tail wag seem kinda weirdly animated?

But man. I love how they made his martial arts look so damn fluid and good. This is the sort of stuff i like to see animated really well in anime!
Mar 3, 2021 3:57 PM

Nov 2014
ttcchenMar 4, 2021 11:20 AM
Mar 3, 2021 9:42 PM
Jul 2018
wow this episode was pretty cool, legoshi really strong and got some great technique and stuff now. that scene with legoshi and louis was really nice as well, nice interaction there. that ending scene too... wonder how legoshi will deal with that bear
ttcchen said:

thanks for always doing this for us anime-only fans, really helps out a lot.
Mar 4, 2021 1:06 AM

Oct 2017
Will Louise help Legoshi catch the bear? I think he will. Also I'm starting to like Pina's character.
Mar 4, 2021 1:41 AM

Apr 2020
this was a good episode

Pina is definitely becoming less annoying, since he's trying to help Legosi catch the killer

Mar 4, 2021 2:04 AM
Nov 2018
I loved how they animated the entire scene with the Shishigumi, when they pointed all of their guns at him, that was truly a moment when Legosi out-shined Loise.
Mar 4, 2021 2:06 AM

Jun 2019
Legoshi's moves are getting smooth. He's training his butt off.
That hospital moment between Tao and Kibi was so emotional. Louis seems to be doing fine as well.
Mar 4, 2021 2:11 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Legoshi's training has been paying off.

Bro really clutched the 1v6 like it was nothing.
Mar 4, 2021 3:09 AM

Jul 2017
I've gotta say, studio Orange PACKS A PUNCH this episode.

The whole Legosi Matrix-esque fighting stance was so cool, and only part of Gouhin's training to be stronger whilst the recovery process lingers.

The hospital scene with Tao and Kibi, it's so depressingly sad seeing a partner be physically wounded. Oh the feels.

The moment of the Black Market has come: the Boss Louis and Legosi's meeting, and oh boy is this the 2nd Round of confrontations ever since the Cherryton School festival, albeit in a very different environment.

The 1v5 guns standoff against Legosi is also another defying moment of creating the stark contrast between former and potential Beastars, as discriminating as it can be.

NGL, as much as Rhys is able to control his will, it's Legosi who would end up on the wrong side of the fence if he's not careful. For now, it's thanks to Pina that he managed to get away scot-free (that doesn't last forever).

Looking forward to how Legosi will deal with Rhys.
Mar 4, 2021 5:39 AM

May 2012
I already read the manga but wow, the adaptation is still superb! And I can't stop laughing at Legosi's wagging tail! It's so cute.

Also, Riz and Legosi's interaction at the club is full of tension. Praise for Riz acting "normal" after all that happened.
Mar 4, 2021 7:01 AM

Apr 2019
ttcchen said:
saving us all, maybe if they don't show the phone call by the end of this season you can just put it in a spoiler tag?

Mar 4, 2021 7:56 AM
Aug 2020
Damn man ... Beastars is now my 3rd best airing anime this season.
The hospital scene is very emotional and deep man. See how easily and with such lack of words they were able to show deep emotions. Its exactly opposite of what the shit Re zero is doing nowadays were most of the episodes are filled with long ass dialogues about emotion but lack any emotion or unable to transmit the said emotion on me. Beastars had always been a very grounded series with such deep characters and society.
The current training and development arc of legoshi is very entertaining, specially the martial arts we saw in this episode. But thats just part of what makes beastar unique. Hope people who complained about legosi being boring get some enjoyment in this episode
Mar 4, 2021 8:47 AM

Feb 2021
Great episode; wasn't expecting Legoshi and Louis to be reunited so soon. I wonder how they'll capture Riz, and really hope they do so during this season (also really hope that there will be a season 3). This is turning out to possibly be my favourite anime of the season, with the next episode being more highly anticipated for me that that of SNK (me being a manga reader of SNK may play a part in this).
Mar 4, 2021 8:52 AM

Oct 2020
Legoshi continues to train. The Kibi and Tao scene was touching. Legoshi and Louis finally meet again. The fight scene between Legoshi and the lions was decent. We got to see more of the conflict between Legoshi and Riz. Can't wait for future episodes!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2021 9:01 AM

Aug 2020
Legosi really shouldn't push himself so far, it'll do more than good like his teacher said.
Mar 4, 2021 9:24 AM
Mar 2015
Legois has to back down to Louis and Riz
Mar 4, 2021 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
damn those fight scenes were well choreographed, sasuga Orange once again

but ayy finally the reunion of Legoshi and Louis in the black-market. have to say it would be dope if Louis came as that support to help against Riz, but it seems he's fully committed to the gang rn
Mar 4, 2021 12:13 PM

Oct 2020
I think the sequence where Legoshi gets captured by the Shishigumi could've been done a bit better as far as scene continuity goes, but overall another amazing episode. I noticed how Legoshi jumped off the ledge when taking Louis as a hostage is kind of reminiscing when Louis tossed his phone off a ledge when Haru was calling him. They could mean the same thing. Louis dropping his phone with the call from Haru symbolizes him not being "weak" anymore like he thought a herbivore was, while Legoshi willingly jumps into that "weakness." Maybe I'm reading too far into it though lol. Probably.

Scene with Kibu and Tao was so wholesome. I love little character interactions like that.
Mar 4, 2021 12:47 PM
Sep 2020
ttcchen said:

goddamn thats a lot thanks for this im definitely gonna peep the manga soon
Mar 4, 2021 1:44 PM

Dec 2016
That was some dangerous move holding Louis hostage in front of those ferocious lions *-* but our wolf sure felt very happy the moment he found out the deer's whereabouts X3

Riz is so pissed off he broke the wood ._.; not good... What's more scarry is that the bear played the good carnivore in front of everyone. No wonder Legoshi snapped o_o

Great episode! The scene with with Kibi and Tao is so beautiful, and made me feel a bit uneasy at the same time.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 4, 2021 2:17 PM

Jun 2019
The fights have been really good this entire season. They don’t last very long, but they have great camera work and fluid animation. Nice to see Louis and Legoshi meet again with masks-off this time. The moment between the panther and the anteater was wholesome too.

The narrative jumps around too much between characters though. There needs to be a more unified direction with the plot.
Mar 4, 2021 5:00 PM

Oct 2020
Legoshi continuing to work as a vigilante cleaning the streets of carnivorous "addicts" while at the same time training to take down Riz. Also Legoshi with his tail wagging because he's so happy to see Louis was unexpected. How did Legoshi not hear those lions coming up behind him? Riz not looking to happy there at the end.

Mar 4, 2021 5:27 PM

Jun 2015
Eh... so they really skipped some chapters, including
Mar 4, 2021 6:03 PM

Apr 2013
That shit eating grin Riz did made me want to go bear hunting.
Mar 4, 2021 6:51 PM

Jan 2020
That hospital scene was perfection. Despite it's short length, it really hit hard and I loved it. It's emotional but great

Mar 4, 2021 6:53 PM
Nov 2016
Awesome episode as usual, I love this anime.

That bear guy is a time bomb, he's ready to snap at any moment.
Mar 4, 2021 10:44 PM
Jun 2017
That fight against the two guys in the alley was so smooth. Also that emotional reunion between legoshi and louis was perfectly executed. Amazing episode
Mar 4, 2021 11:20 PM

Apr 2020
I got to see one of the best parts and maybe the best episode of this second season!

That scene between Louis (w/ the lions) and Legoshi is truly stunning, the direction in that couple of minutes is truly stunning! Tao got a redemption pat from Kiba as he recovers with his new right hand. And back at school, Riz triggers Legoshi's rage and he threw a fit to the big bear. As usual, Pina broke the two off, but he too is also warning our MC that he can't keep being a mediator forever.

Let's see if Riz will go BERSERK mode on Legoshi and others, and if Louis will join Legoshi's battle to defeat the perpetrator who killed Tem.
Mar 5, 2021 12:44 AM

Jan 2017
ttcchen said:

Thank you for your service sir. Highly appreciated. Still that's quite a lot, the urge to read the source material is consuming me. I'm definitely gonna read it after s2 finishes.
Mar 5, 2021 4:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, Legosi continued to help Panda Man doing his way of justice through all of those poor carnivore in the middle of the black market areas. Holy shit that Legosi's fight scene was smooth af. I see, Legosi truly missing his bestie so much, till his tail couldn't even hold itself when seeing Louis for the first time. Well, such a shame their damn 'first meet' happened at such an unfortunate time. Idk why and how Legosi got beaten and caught there. I believed its related to the lions den conspiracy. Cause why they didn't even remembered Legosi face and acted like that in front of Louis. But, as always, the truth get a post-pone to create a good suspense for the future event. Also man, Louis ate that piece of meat truly an outstanding part for me. Good part.

The rest of the scenes, where its back to remind me that there was always be a tension between Riz the bear, and Legosi the puppy. Then, ofc Pina the herbivore came to shit their useless fight. Good job with that provocation, Riz, and nice act you had there, Pina. I really wonder what's the end of all that matters. Lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 5, 2021 12:18 PM

Jul 2016
how did the shishigummi capture legoshi? or why was he even near one of their warehouses in the first place?

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Mar 5, 2021 5:51 PM
Jul 2019
Am I the only one who doesn't get why the rating is barely getting past 8 here? Pretty sure this show at least deserves between 8.3 to 8.4 or something.
el3melMar 6, 2021 8:04 AM
Mar 5, 2021 10:32 PM
Feb 2015
el3mel said:
Am I the only one who don't get why the rating is barely getting past 8 here? Pretty sure this show at least deserves between 8.3 to 8.4 or something.

People hate CG and furries
Mar 5, 2021 11:27 PM
Nov 2016
el3mel said:
Am I the only one who don't get why the rating is barely getting past 8 here? Pretty sure this show at least deserves between 8.3 to 8.4 or something.

I say it's the CGI thing, I hate CGI myself but there are some good CGI's out there and this anime is one of them. I barely praise CGI's but I will praise this anime studio, they sure know how to do CGI well, Beastars and Land of the Lustrous has top notch CGI.

Still, Land of the Lustrous has a better rating despite being made in CGI, I believe Beastars should be higher as well, this deserves a 8.5 IMHO.
Mar 6, 2021 2:01 AM

Feb 2014
ttcchen said:

thanks for always doing this for us anime-only fans, really helps out a lot.[/quote]
Yeah thanks man. This really helps since I nearly lost it when Legosi and Louis came face to face like wth just happened.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 6, 2021 8:59 AM

Apr 2016
loving how romantic legoshi and louis' friendship is, i don't even mean it in a particularly snippy way, i just respect that legoshi is a vessel for affection and it's his sole purpose in life <3 best episode <3 best boy for life
moe moe ichijou seiya

Mar 6, 2021 9:03 AM

Jan 2016
Anyone know why there were random 2d moments?
Mar 6, 2021 7:03 PM
Jan 2020
Wow, Shishigumi caught Legosi and now Louis knows about Legosi and vice versa. This story is getting more interesting. Louis has been requested to go back to the school to catch Riz.
Mar 7, 2021 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
Legoshi on his way to the road to greatness!
lol at the waggy tail of Legoshi unto Louis-sempai! waggy tail of happiness!
intense part on Legoshi reuniting with Louis and dealing with those tough Lions! such courage!
5/5.

Mar 7, 2021 11:02 PM

Mar 2019
Another excellent episode. I was really impressed by how fluid and nice looking the two fight scenes were. Also, the Kibi and Tao scene was so sweet.
Mar 8, 2021 4:53 AM

Jan 2017
Well, we are going full "Furry Batman" remake with Legoshi as the Batman and Luis as the Jocker?!

I might miss some critical dialogue in the last episode because I don't understand why Legoshi and/or Pina didn't call the cops on the bear that ate Tim or at least tell it to he school principal? It's still a murder after all?
Mar 8, 2021 5:38 AM

Aug 2018
Did I miss an episode? When did Legosi determine it was a bear that killed Tem and when did Pina start helping him?
Mar 8, 2021 1:43 PM

Mar 2019
eglepe said:
Did I miss an episode? When did Legosi determine it was a bear that killed Tem and when did Pina start helping him?

It happened in episode 7.
Mar 8, 2021 1:48 PM

Mar 2021
Did anyone notice the discombumbulate reference When Legoshi fights the meat addicts?

Mar 8, 2021 6:38 PM
Jun 2017
Nice episode.

Anyway, the've been cutting some parts. I do not remember clearly if Jack did talk with Legoshi's grandpa or not. If he didnt', that's not good, as it is a very important plot point on the next arc.
I find it weird that we didn't have Legoshi's fur growing back or the scene with the Motn.

Well, I just hope they don't cut off Ai. There are more or less 15 chapters until the end of the arc, so I guess she'll either appear in the next episode or the one after that or won't do it at all.
Mar 8, 2021 11:56 PM

Aug 2018
poemofdevil said:
eglepe said:

It happened in episode 7.
Oh wow, somehow I forgot to watch that week's episode, thanks
Mar 9, 2021 12:17 PM
May 2020
I loved the scene when Legoshi attacked shishigumi members and wrapped his arm around louis, and I really love Legoshi's shaved head version since I have a thing for buzzcut haired guys lol.

But Im scared!

Show is so close to the ending and nothing really happened!!! Specially between Haru and Legoshi :/ I wish this season was 24 episodes because tho this season is going SO good, doesnt feel enough :(

Mar 9, 2021 12:19 PM
May 2020
HBKdll said:
Damn man ... Beastars is now my 3rd best airing anime this season.
The hospital scene is very emotional and deep man. See how easily and with such lack of words they were able to show deep emotions. Its exactly opposite of what the shit Re zero is doing nowadays were most of the episodes are filled with long ass dialogues about emotion but lack any emotion or unable to transmit the said emotion on me. Beastars had always been a very grounded series with such deep characters and society.
The current training and development arc of legoshi is very entertaining, specially the martial arts we saw in this episode. But thats just part of what makes beastar unique. Hope people who complained about legosi being boring get some enjoyment in this episode

After I started Beastars season 2, it also became my fav anime of all time lol. This shit is really good.
Mar 10, 2021 6:13 AM

May 2018
Damn, If they're not showing the snake girl anymore, I swear I'll give it a one point lower score. Why she never shows and never takes part in what's going on and never contacts Legoshi again?
Did animators decide that animating the snake is something troublesome so they just gave her up? Or was she forgotten in manga, too?

MegamiRem said:
Will Louise help Legoshi catch the bear? I think he will.

He will. In most unexpected way possible.

Unafliated said:
Did anyone notice the discombumbulate reference When Legoshi fights the meat addicts?

YES YES YES. I'm glad I'm not the one who noticed :D
Nemo_NiemandMar 10, 2021 6:22 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

200 by fatekkjjkk »»
Apr 24, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2021

137 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.