Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 2, 2021 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I got a lot of respect to Noelle for how far and powerful she's become. This was an episode that really showcased her potential but it was tough watching her face off against such a dangerous enemy.

Yami also showed once again how badass he is as a human.
Mar 2, 2021 2:22 AM
Feb 2019
Amazing episode. Art and animation both are solid
Mar 2, 2021 2:28 AM
Aug 2018
100/10 episode, perfect animation and perfect moments
Mar 2, 2021 3:18 AM
Jan 2019
This anime, like Asta,has come a long way from a loud nobody from the boondocks into a respected show

That montage where Yami keep saying "kid" and this time, for once, he called "Asta"
Mar 2, 2021 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
i'm caught up with the manga so i know what happens but it's really nice to see the great animation and witness BC chapter 257 given justice as it deserve. Also for the first time, yami called asta by his name. that whole scene made me emotional.

as for next weeks preview, they didn't spoil so much so that's why it looks almost "uninteresting also i don't know who is gonna work on next weeks episode but let me tell you, so much hype is gonna happen! even better than this weeks. i just wish the animation will be as good bcs we need that expecially for next weeks episode.

Also noelle is so fcking amazing. i'm so proud of how long way she came!!
Mar 2, 2021 3:51 AM

Nov 2016
"Asta"

We've come so far narratively and productionwise. The hype of this episode was insanity. Love the relationship between Yami and Asta as in leader/role model and apprentice/little brother, but for once they will stay on even ground and fight together. Gave me serious goosebumps.

Also if you compare the animation and storyboarding with earlier episodes..it's like night and day. The whole package is on point now. Awesome to see that the staff put in a spurt towards the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 2, 2021 4:13 AM

Jan 2014
Remember reaching this part in the Manga, as finally started reading it weeks ago, and remember cheering my butt off for Noelle in this, she's really come so far, and hope she continues to do such.

That 'Asta' scene was great too.
Mar 2, 2021 4:24 AM

Jul 2017
Even the girls couldn't defeat Vanica, or more precisely, Megicula at 70% devil power. This just shows the increasing power difference between good and evil, which gets even more scary the more we think about it...a.k.a Loropechika's curse.

Like male MC, like female MC? Noelle is becoming more like Asta, and the spirit never dies.

Yami and Dante's sparring only gets worse by the increasing magic count, and the hype holding out with the increasing quality of animation. The best highlight is the ending pairing of master and student with Yami and Asta, and that's when we know shit is gonna go down HOT, FAST, and BETTER.

Asta's no longer a brat, but called by his name for the very first time.

I just can't wait to get to Episode 170, REAL FAST.
Mar 2, 2021 4:26 AM
Nov 2020
Captain Yami is truly built different!
Mar 2, 2021 4:28 AM
Nov 2020
Gao_Shun said:
This anime, like Asta,has come a long way from a loud nobody from the boondocks into a respected show

That montage where Yami keep saying "kid" and this time, for once, he called "Asta"

Exactly... when they were fighting the eye of the midnight sun in the cave Asta stood behind Yami. Now they are standing next to each other with the same exact breathing and movement which shows you that Asta has grown up.
Mar 2, 2021 4:31 AM

Jan 2017
holy shit when this show fucking slaps, it fucking SLAPS. Just another one of those great BC ep down to go down in the books
Mar 2, 2021 4:33 AM

Jan 2018
minfairys said:
i'm caught up with the manga so i know what happens but it's really nice to see the great animation and witness BC chapter 257 given justice as it deserve. Also for the first time, yami called asta by his name. that whole scene made me emotional.

as for next weeks preview, they didn't spoil so much so that's why it looks almost "uninteresting also i don't know who is gonna work on next weeks episode but let me tell you, so much hype is gonna happen! even better than this weeks. i just wish the animation will be as good bcs we need that expecially for next weeks episode.

Yoshihara is confirmed to be working on next week episode!. Some says the episode will be even better than this so we'll see.

Really excited for the climax of this fight.
Mar 2, 2021 4:38 AM

Jun 2016
next episode will be epic for sure !!!
asta make a agrement with that things !!
Mar 2, 2021 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
wonhallyu17 said:
minfairys said:

Yoshihara is confirmed to be working on next week episode!. Some says the episode will be even better than this so we'll see.

Really excited for the climax of this fight.

yes omg yoshihara! anyways yes next episode is gonna be better at least for me. so much more is gonna happen. and now that i know yoshihara is working on it then 100/10. So excited for next week! can tuesday come sooner...
Mar 2, 2021 4:47 AM
Sep 2015
Captain Yami makes me hard all the time. I mean if I were a devil I would savor him too, the moment he surpass his limit should be the tastiest moment to have him.
Mar 2, 2021 4:51 AM

Oct 2017
Noelle did great but that wasn't enough. Vanica's just too strong. Also Yami's fight was great too.
Mar 2, 2021 5:07 AM
Jun 2020
next episode we need haruka mirai when they defeat dante
Mar 2, 2021 5:09 AM
Jun 2007
Wow this is just getting better and better.
Yami fighting skills just top notch, exceeded expectation!
The moment "Asta" was called by Yami, things get serious. Can't wait for the next ep!
Mar 2, 2021 5:11 AM

Oct 2015
Such an amazing episode^^
Mar 2, 2021 5:15 AM

Sep 2019
Yami's fight was really good, I don't know how but Asta surpassed his limits once again and got up.

Please step on me Noelle.
Mar 2, 2021 5:50 AM
Feb 2021
Ep. 166 is so far my favorite episode. The episode starts with failed counterattack from Nero , Noelle and Loropecka. then Curse of Loropecka start to active because Vanica Demon was near her, But Noelle show's that's you shoudn't give up and fight until the end. them Yami show's excellent Fight and his surpass Limit's and his new spell. But it's wasn't enoght. When Yami realise he cant defeat the enemy by him own he call Asta by his name but not by the words "kid" or "Brat". This gives Asta a boost to stand and help yami to Fight. Also petit Clover and noelle steping on the lick guy :v
Mar 2, 2021 6:05 AM
Jan 2021
Im sorry but what the end scene got me so excited Now I wont be able to sleep for a week until next episode comes out
Mar 2, 2021 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
damn this episode was really nice, interesting first half of the episode, too bad their plan didn't work but noelle was really cool there. yami's fight was cool af though, his new technique and stuff was so badass, asta joined in now too, cant wait to see how its all gonna turn out
Mar 2, 2021 6:16 AM

Nov 2020
Strong episode, I'm surprised by how well this show has been getting across how dire the situation, there's been some scenes over the past few episodes that have truly made me wonder how the hell our guys are going to get out of this. Great to see Noelle continue to stand her ground, with Udine being gravely injured (or dead?). And of course the moment with Asta and Yami being the standout, showing how far they and the show overall has come. Despite its ups and downs, BC knows when to deliver and it's been gratifying seeing these characters grow through so much trial and tribulation. From what I'm gathering here, there's reason to be even more excited for next week's episode, so can't wait for that. One more month of BC until its hiatus, let's make it a good one.
Are ya winning, diners?
Mar 2, 2021 6:52 AM

May 2018
The pelo pelo guy was really funny ngl

Also Noelle looks amazingly sexy in her mermaid outfit. Too bad the animation quality dipped again this episode. I'm guessing the final couple of episodes will be great
Mar 2, 2021 7:31 AM
May 2020
Amazing episode. Art and animation both are awesome i got a lot of respect to Noelle for how far and powerful she's becomeLove the relationship between Yami and Asta as in leader/role model and apprentice father - son , but for once they will stay on even ground and fight together. Gave me serious goosebumps.Asta's no longer a brat, but called by his name for the very first time.
The whole ep was great and really enjoy the heart broken moment in ep is when the water spirit that really breaks my heart but still this ep was good enough to say that black clover is also one of the best shounen
Mar 2, 2021 8:02 AM

Feb 2019
Yami telling Asta “I can’t win this without you” was every bit as awesome as I thought it would be. Fucking goosebumps man. Excellent episode
Mar 2, 2021 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
The part of Noelle was decent, but the part of Yami was on another level. The action scenes, the flexing and Dante's transformation were good, but Yami calling Asta to fight alongside him was amazing, got goosebumps from that. Hopefully they will use Haruka Mirai when the climax of the fight comes. I really hope next episode delivers.
Mar 2, 2021 8:23 AM

Aug 2013
Noelle and her group were so close in sealing Vanica and her devil.

Yami's fight was so good and he even called Asta to help him out. I can't wait to witness this tag team between them against Dante.

Mar 2, 2021 8:29 AM

Aug 2020
Episode was amazing. The art was especially one of the best throughout the series, it just keeps getting better and better. Cant wait for next episode to see Yami and Asta fighting side by side
Mar 2, 2021 8:36 AM
Jan 2021
Shed a tear, he finally called him by his name
Mar 2, 2021 8:43 AM
Jan 2021
Yami finally calling asta bu his name,man really good ep
All anime are equally bad(good).

Ladies and gentlemen and everyone in between, please join your hands with me to promote anime equality.
Mar 2, 2021 9:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Jeez, Yami's a force to be reckoned with for sure. God, those close calls though.

Yami finally calling out to Asta and Asta, as a result, breaking out of that shell was freakin; drope! This is what we've been waiting for, things ought to get more interesting until the close.

Meanwhile, Noelle's managing to hold her forte too. RIP to Udine, btw. Condolences to Loropechika.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 2, 2021 9:31 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
From my perspective the animation is dipping in quality lots of still shots with motion during the noelle fight hopefully they saving up for the conclusion between dante vs yami

Mar 2, 2021 9:47 AM

Jun 2014
When I first read what's going to go down in next week's episode this is what I wrote in the thread for that chapter:

thebrentinator24 said:
If the first anime OP isn't playing during this fight then consider it a failed adaptation.

Please deliver, Studio Pierrot. At one point I felt like they were overusing the first OP but it's basically a staple of this show at this point, and next episode just has to have it playing in the background to increase the hype. I can't wait.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 2, 2021 10:00 AM
Jul 2020
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Mar 2, 2021 10:23 AM
Nov 2020
lol at the Petit Clover segment at the end
Mar 2, 2021 10:30 AM
Mar 2018
Not a manga reader, but I'm absolutely sure now the reason why would they stop at 170 after watching the last and this episode. I'm excited for the next season!
Mar 2, 2021 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
Anyone knows the ost when asta comes to support yami?
Mar 2, 2021 11:53 AM
Jan 2021
The new episode was insane. The animation was incredible. Every episode it gets better and better. Seeing Megicula was great. Really liked the conclusion for ' The Heart Kingdom War' tho I think those parts are a bit slow-paced. Dante's and Yami's fight was extreme tho. I loved Dante as a character and I liked seeing his personality clash with his magic. Yami meanwhile is the goat like he always was. In the show, he teaches 'even in the most desperate situations do not lose your cool and always surpass your limits' to the Black Bulls but this time saying ' I can't beat him without you, Asta' was touching. Phenomenal episode
8,5/10
Mar 2, 2021 12:18 PM

Apr 2015
Amazing episode!

Noelle put up a good fight against Megicula and it proves how strong she has become, but damn... Undine doesn't look too good..

Yami is from another world again, what a phenomenal dude. Not everyone can say he's on par with a Devil-posessed mage, if it wasn't for his regeneration, he woul clearly be superior. Loved the moment he called for Asta. Not as Kid or Brat, but as Asta. So powerful.

Everything felt on point today, can't wait for the next episode!

That Petit Clover though, for once Noelle stepping on someone comes in handy... why haven't they tried that yet in the actual battle? XD
Mar 2, 2021 12:24 PM
May 2020
The animation during Yami vs Dante was surprising very clean and appealing to watch. Can’t wait for next week eps.
Mar 2, 2021 12:45 PM
Jan 2021
I really wish I could see Mereoleona vs. Dante. That seems like it'd be such a good fight
Mar 2, 2021 1:26 PM
May 2020
Got to see the work of some of the Ufotable animators that helped out.
Mar 2, 2021 1:54 PM
Dec 2020
Its was fckng epic. Like yami got his new spell and we got too se devils 80% power
Mar 2, 2021 2:09 PM

May 2018
Well then it looks like Nero , Noelle, undine and Loropecka weren't doing so well against that Vanica bitch.....and nether is Yami against that demon big boss.
Mar 2, 2021 2:15 PM

Jun 2019
Ah yes, my favorite shounen cliche, “the hero is unable to move because they are too weak, only to move at mach 1 speed a few seconds later”. Yami’s fight this episode was actually one of the best in the series so far though.
Mar 2, 2021 3:37 PM

Aug 2014

I am so hyped i want to see Asta going wild and everybody get their feet to fight stop losing time watching them fight and doing flash back guys we just have 4 ep left.

Lets just everybody go stand up and fight agains the devils !!! gogogo team black bull

Noelle with tits is awsome waifu for asta, lets makes them struggle a lot so asta can save noelle so she can show a bit of openning. Yes Yes
Mar 2, 2021 5:01 PM
May 2019
YAMI is awesome. There was a moment I felt his was going to die (something like Jiraya's final fight). Hoping to see more action at this level next episode.

And I feel bad for Nero, she's training to do only this one thing and it went wrong...
Mar 2, 2021 5:09 PM

Jan 2020
Usually this kind of title of an episode means the name of the character on the title will die.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2019

102 by Ishiryoku »»
Yesterday, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2019

86 by Humaneky »»
Yesterday, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 145 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2020

65 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 30, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 146 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 29, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Black Clover (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

95 by metapoetics »»
Apr 28, 10:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.