Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 28, 2021 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, the pressure of taking the entrance exams. That's part of growing up...

The episode is alright although I'm not a big fan of Akane's character. I admire her determination though.
Feb 28, 2021 9:26 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
So time really is passing in this anime, could this be the last season or maybe future seasons have a change in cast?
Feb 28, 2021 9:38 AM

Apr 2010
Natsumi thinking she was in trouble again was funny especially the part where she realised she wasn't only to make things worse.
And lot's of Akena this chapter her misunderstanding about Konomi leaving the club was nice.
Feb 28, 2021 10:06 AM

Jun 2017
Natsumi always makes my day better

Feb 28, 2021 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
Natsumi oh dear Natsumi... in the end, you still broke something.
Akane's great performance was very calm and chilling.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 28, 2021 11:11 AM

Mar 2019
Ah yeah. Pillow fight and nothing will be damaged...suuuure thing...but still another relaxing episode in both half
Feb 28, 2021 11:19 AM

Oct 2018
We got 5 minutes of fun summer festival. That's great. But the best part is Akane-chan blushing after hearing that Konomi-chan will stay in the club. Not gonna lie, it's really cute XD

That was unexpected for the second half, I thought Natsumi have create a hole by accident. But nope, it was her mother instead. Still it's hillarious how Natsumi made the hole even worse than before XD

Love the solo performance by Akane-chan. I like the scenery too XD
Forum set made by Nate
Feb 28, 2021 11:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The part with Natsumi was so hilarious xDD I don't even know why but everything with Natsumi in this season is just 10/10 comedy
And for the cute part the scene with Akane was definitely great, I once again really loved this episode :)
Feb 28, 2021 11:47 AM
Aug 2020
How can anybody live in a house with paper walls like that? Amazing.
Feb 28, 2021 11:50 AM

May 2016
Akane is precious, and should be protected at all costs...Konomi's continuing support has been great to see.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Feb 28, 2021 11:51 AM

Dec 2014
Konomi and Akane's summer festival was fun and sweet too.

Watching Natsumi trying to get out of trouble never fails to entertain me, it's hilarious and just weirdly exciting to see how she plans to get out of trouble only to inevitably get into more trouble each time. xD
To be honest, I thought their Mom was making a next level play by pretending to have made the hole only to get Natsumi to confess, heck it would've been crazy if that were true.
Feb 28, 2021 12:00 PM
Aug 2020
I was pretty lukewarm on Akane when she first got introduced, but she completely won me over this week, this was a beautiful episode. <3
Feb 28, 2021 12:37 PM

Oct 2017
Good to have more focus on Akane, the festival date was fun and I'm happy for her cause she'll get to keep playing flute with Konomi. Also RIP Natsumi yet again.
Feb 28, 2021 1:00 PM

Oct 2020
We see a little bit of the city scene with Akane and Konomi just hanging out at the festival while wondering what they should get as present for the others. Did not expect the mom was at fault (was expecting some hilarious verbal beatdown). Also why didn't the mom fixed it then? Poor Natsumi, even when she finally won one she lost at the end. That's either very strong tape or one flimsy screen. Glad to see Akane getting over her fears of playing in front of others.

Feb 28, 2021 1:10 PM

Nov 2015
Natsumi tries to get herself out of trouble, only to get in even more of it. Now, who would have ever expected that?

I'm not sure why some don't like Akane. I think she's a great addition. Even more shy and unsure of herself than Hotaru was at first, but it's wonderful to watch her figure it out and the others help her along.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Feb 28, 2021 1:47 PM

Apr 2020
This episode was cute
And hilarious too lol
Nina supporter for life💕
Feb 28, 2021 1:54 PM

Jun 2019
A more subdued episode focusing on Akane and Konomi’s relationship. It was nice to see Akane come out of her shell a little more to play in front of everyone and it was sweet that Konomi said she would continue to play with her while in college.
Feb 28, 2021 2:03 PM

Sep 2019
I really liked the flute part. Natsumi was as hilarious as always.
Feb 28, 2021 2:23 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man it just never changes. This show is already damn good but natsumi always carries it and elevates it to new levels

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 28, 2021 3:09 PM
Mar 2015
Akane was reassured that she will not be left alone
Feb 28, 2021 3:40 PM

Jul 2015
I'll never understand why Japanese are using those paper walls. Those things can be ruined literally by mosquito fart.

Feb 28, 2021 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
Akane-chan always gives strong "Hitoribocchi" vibes... (both the generic term and the character from that series) lol XD so kawaii.
Good episode, Natssun is always the best (along with Renge).
Feb 28, 2021 4:05 PM

Apr 2015
Poor Natsumi, even when proven innocent, she still managed to break it even further XD

Hoenstly, I am enjoying the season change right now. Before it was all or most in a summer setting, but now with fall coming around, we get to see the changes of colors in the trees and I freaking love it, feels like the backgrounds become even more beautiful than before.
Feb 28, 2021 4:39 PM

Jan 2012
Definitely one of the weaker episodes this season. My attention consistently drifted to thinking about other things during it. Luckily next week looks like it has more potential. A cute weasel and Komari finally getting some focus. She's been sorely underrepresented this season so far.
Feb 28, 2021 7:25 PM

Apr 2020
Something about the art style of this show reminds of Girls Und Panzer.
Feb 28, 2021 8:16 PM

Feb 2016
Maaan I really really reallyyy love Konomi, she is the best!!!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Feb 28, 2021 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
this episode was so nice, nice interactions with the flute girls and that scene with natsumi was really funny too.
Piromysl said:
I'll never understand why Japanese are using those paper walls. Those things can be ruined literally by mosquito fart.
tatami floors too, sure they look nice and they're traditional but they're just as, or more troublesome
Feb 28, 2021 8:48 PM
May 2016
Man, they’re really growing up, huh. Feels good to see them achieve their goals but also a little nostalgic I dunno.
Btw which chapter of the manga is this episode adapting? Are we coming to a definitive end?
Feb 28, 2021 11:19 PM

Feb 2020
So, they are really growing up?

It's sweet how she and Konomi have become such a good friends. They had so much together at the festival. ^^

Poor Natsumi again.

Akane's solo performance was very nice.

SerafosJan 27, 8:25 AM
Mar 1, 2021 12:38 AM

Aug 2019
I hope that the manga ending gets animated but if not I’ll just read the manga to see if they finally grow up
Mar 1, 2021 12:43 AM

Mar 2018
Nice to see Akane and Konomi walk around the festival together. her touching speech to embarrassment was so cute.

LMAO when Natsumi ripped the slide door was the funniest moment this season by far!

Akane pretty good with the flute when she isn't nervous. Her and Konomi stay together through college :DDDD

Mar 1, 2021 5:55 AM

Jul 2014
Unfortunately, season 3 is too late for this show to get me interested in a new character, so Akane does absolutely nothing for me even with this entire focus episode. The weakest episode of the entire series so far in that regard, but still with a few crumbs of this show's usual humour sprinkled in to make it enjoyable enough.
Mar 1, 2021 6:44 AM

Oct 2016
Piromysl said:

They don't use "Kami" or regular paper. For sliding doors and the likes they use Washi (和紙) paper. They are thick hand made paper and don't easily tear. Though as through time they do tend to get brittle and dirty so they are replaced regularly. They would just strip away the old ones from the frames and glue new ones much faster than painting.

Tha problem with Japan is that it has frequent Earthquakes. So heavy thick houses are dangerous. Then the large majority of Japan experience very cold weather in winters and hot and humid summer season. The use of paper sliding doors are an easy way to move around the different frames and adjust it according to the weather. During winter or stormy season they would slide in all wood panelings.

Anyway, such things are only found on old traditionally built houses, usually in rural areas. The majority of houses in Japan are the modern western type houses.
Mar 1, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2014
She's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but Akane was such a joy to watch in this episode. I can understand why she would be hesitant to ask Konomi about playing the flute when she thought she had entrance exams coming up, but Konomi corrected her by saying that she already got in from a recommendation. At least Akane won't be alone playing the flute at school now. =)

The duo had a fun time at the festival in town, but Akane's best scene came later on when she had to play her flute in front of Konomi, Natsumi, Komari, Hotaru and Renge. She did a great impersonation of a train whistle during her botched attempt at Konomi's house, but a change of scenery and words of encouragement helped Akane to deliver and really nice song. She's a sweetheart, no doubt about that. =3

As much as I loved Akane in this episode, best girl Natsumi stole that crown once again. The clumsy cutie thought she damaged one of the doors and covered it up, but when her (grand berserker) mother came in and noticed the Fukuwarai on the door, she admitted that it was her to accidentally damaged the door when she was hoovering the room earlier.

Natsumi was overjoyed by this and while cheering, she proceeded to take down the fukuwarai.....along with half of the paper on the door itself! XD

I know I'm being greedy and biased here, but I want another Natsumi-focused episode. =P
Mar 1, 2021 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Akane is so boring... the only good part on this episode was Natsumi and the poster
Mar 1, 2021 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
I don’t know why but I always look forward to Akane’s appearance in every episode. Maybe it’s because we already knew every relationship among the main casts so there’s not much thing to expand on other than focusing on comedy and activities. Meanwhile, Akane and the little girl Shiori bring new interactions with the main casts and it’s very refreshing to see.

This episode also highlights the difference on how city and country folks view and value relationship. City folks usually meet for a common cause such as school, workplace, club etc. and their relationships are usually short-term, superficial and rarely develop into real friendship. This is why Akane bids farewell to Konomi because she knew they won’t be in the same club anymore. Knowing this, Konomi assure that they both have reason to see each other again by saying she’s continuing flute in college.

Meanwhile, Konomi and the gang grew up seeing each other. Even if they are separated in the future, they won’t be stranger when they meet up again. This is somewhat apparent with Hikage coming back home during holidays and spending time with the gang.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Mar 1, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2016
Akane's solo performance was so calm and relaxing. I could honestly sleep while listening to it.

Also man, the cast is indeed growing up, huh? Konomi will eventually enter college and who knows if she will have to move to another city...

Overall, another lovely episode. The segment with Natsumi still ruining her wall despite being found innocent was so hilarious. Practically reminded me of the time I also made a hole on a wall of my house when I was a kid.
Mar 1, 2021 3:23 PM

Oct 2013
While not being the biggest fan of Akane, she still has her charm.

If it isn't Renge, then you can always leave it to Natsumi to steal the show!

Mar 1, 2021 4:38 PM

Apr 2019
Akane and Konomi interactions were endearing. From flute practice to HUGE hole in the wall I loved this episode.

First episode watched raw, might do this every week to increase vocab¿

Mar 2, 2021 4:29 AM

Feb 2014
Natsumi's Bizzare Adventure. Yet again Nacchan destroys something. Someone has to stop her.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 2, 2021 1:03 PM

Aug 2016
maidcafe said:
Akane is so boring... the only good part on this episode was Natsumi and the poster

yeah. this is for me the weakest episode accross all seasons. Akane and Konome are quite boring and lack the energy from the main cast + the teacher and the blondie.

Gosh, even the mute guy brings more fun and he doesn´t speak a damn line.
:v
Mar 3, 2021 5:52 AM
Aug 2020
Akane chin chin!!
Mar 3, 2021 11:27 PM

Mar 2017
We finally got to see civilization! Before this only a few scenes n the high school was shown! But now, PEOPLE! Like more people were at this festival than everyone in whatever place they live.

Love it.
Mar 3, 2021 11:33 PM

Mar 2014
That was a good episode. It was nice to see Akane-chan and Konomi enjoy the festival. Also, finally she had a courage to play in front of the audience. Good job!
Mar 4, 2021 2:01 AM

Jul 2012
Akane is an international treasure
Mar 4, 2021 5:37 AM

Aug 2018
Season 3 we have more Konomi screentime, by sacrificing Komari. Man they did it dirty :(
Mar 4, 2021 8:39 PM

Oct 2008
so cute Akane is really attached to Konomi...just like Renge to Dagashiya..
Natsumi always mess-up that's her mother is always disappointed in her!
5/5.

Mar 30, 2021 12:13 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Akane got a lot of portion this time, together with Konomi-senpai status which soon reach and near the end of her school term. A bit sad. The possibility of the season ended up with Konomi-senpai graduation is big, and also may conclude the other girls status too there. However, well, knowing the nature of nnb, and the was these season pacing already handled, i doubt it will be happening in the first place. Right? xd

Natt-chan manners always fun to be watched. Even at those kind of situation, she always had a way to entertaining me. But, look at her fate, already sealed into another way. Well, give her some mercy, even if its just a little >°<.

The last part of these episode, which i can be highlight, where the scene focus to the peaceful nuance of the countryside sceneries, alongside with a relaxing sounds of Akane's flute. Such a best way to comfort me, and that's the part i always looking from nnb. Good job!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 13, 2021 7:47 PM

Jan 2015
Poor Natsumi, I had a feeling something was going to go wrong :P
May 11, 2021 4:04 AM

Aug 2018
That flute scene was beatiful,
Everyone else enjoying the flute: (°◡°)
Renge: (°`Д´°)

Sasuga non non biyori who can bring relaxation to everyone who watches it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

61 by S_k_Roy »»
Apr 24, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2021

64 by S_k_Roy »»
Apr 14, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

130 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 11, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

92 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 6, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

80 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 5, 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.