Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2021 11:32 AM

Oct 2013
IPFdomain said:
imbAF said:

They need you man, go and apply as a CAD or animator! Btw did you notice that zachary blew up? probably not, since the story is not the main thing in this "animation experts" site xD
me when the epic mikasa still frame
running !!
keragamming said:
@IPFdomain

Its not that they can't draw it, its the lack of time that is the problem.

I'm pretty sure you are aware that they were in a very tight schedule, and its a miracle that they got it out in such a short time.

So criticising them like this is really unfair.
keragamming said:
@IPFdomain

Its not that they can't draw it, its the lack of time that is the problem.

I'm pretty sure you are aware that they were in a very tight schedule, and its a miracle that they got it out in such a short time.

So criticising them like this is really unfair.
They should've delayed.

Tell that to the production committee. If they get enough time for part 2, things could be a lot better.
Feb 28, 2021 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
Is it me or is AOT's pace slowing down every episode?
Feb 28, 2021 11:34 AM
Feb 2018
burakk637 said:
When I learned that they didn't play YOUSEEBIGGIRL when Eren wearing his jacket...
... I was so disappointed

At this rate words like this is really as annoying as among us meme lol
Feb 28, 2021 11:34 AM

Sep 2016
burakk637 said:
When I learned that they didn't play YOUSEEBIGGIRL when Eren wearing his jacket...
... I was so disappointed

"It was different from the world I saw in ̶A̶r̶m̶i̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶k̶ the trailer."
Feb 28, 2021 11:35 AM

Jul 2020
DanteHawke said:
Mappa haters can keep on hating, they did a great job animating this episode. If it weren't for them we wouldn't be watching AoT finale season right now.
Lol what ? You acting like the manga doe3sn't exist, its also of quality 😎😎😎

Feb 28, 2021 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Was the manga also of the same pace?
Feb 28, 2021 11:50 AM

Jul 2020
Okay so a lot of shit went down. The Eren jacket scene was dope asf. I wonder what he will do and was he responsible for that commander getting killed.
Feb 28, 2021 11:52 AM

Aug 2019
kaiki_fan_boy said:
L0sMichal0s said:

I guess that's the main reason. People can't change their profile picture to the one they desired it to be
I mean I do get that the jacket scene is iconic but is it really that important ?

The seasons had an inordinate amount of people that go around dishing out 1/5's for no reason at all other than spite. It had 6 of them before this episode even aired in Japan on the poll.

Mod Edit: Removed abuse/baiting.
DeadlyRavenMar 1, 2021 3:06 PM
Feb 28, 2021 11:58 AM
Feb 2018
xenosys said:
kaiki_fan_boy said:
I mean I do get that the jacket scene is iconic but is it really that important ?

The seasons had an inordinate amount of people that go around dishing out 1/5's for no reason at all other than spite. It had 6 of them before this episode even aired in Japan on the poll.

It's just another "looks cool ngl" moment. It's about preferences, some prefer manga and trailer some prefer anime but i'm good with those 3.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMar 1, 2021 3:06 PM
Feb 28, 2021 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
IPFdomain said:
Bababazooka69 said:
who are you saying that to? mappa or the staff of aot? and they are incapable of drawing a still frame? u expect them to give sakuga everytime in a rushed schedule?
They should've delayed, pushing out dogshit is unnecessary.
You cherry pick frames and generalize your entire opinion over it. Everyone can do the same for AOT under WIT. Tiresome arguments that arent worth entertaining.
IPFdomain said:
Sad7727 said:
>animating a titan is too hard guys its literally impossible in this decade (despite WIT doing just fine 3 seasons))
>animating new survery corps outfit is too hard and complex
>animating a guy in a sink too hard guys, will be fixed in blu ray (maybe)
>animating a jacket is too hard guys

maybe if everything is so hard on AOT, why would they take on the job?
Facts, mappa proved itself to be a shit studio and whoever working on this should be fired expeditiously
You cant be a grown person with that mindset. I refuse to believe so.
Feb 28, 2021 12:01 PM

Jul 2020
Sourire said:
IPFdomain said:
They should've delayed, pushing out dogshit is unnecessary.
You cherry pick frames and generalize your entire opinion over it. Everyone can do the same for AOT under WIT. Tiresome arguments that arent worth entertaining.
IPFdomain said:
Facts, mappa proved itself to be a shit studio and whoever working on this should be fired expeditiously
Oh you would be gravely mistaken/...

Feb 28, 2021 12:02 PM
Feb 2021
The episode was fine and all but they completely butchered the eren wearing the jacket scene....the one in the trailer was way better
Feb 28, 2021 12:06 PM
Feb 2018
IPFdomain said:
Sourire said:
Oh you would be gravely mistaken/...

Still weightless thoughts by the way.
Feb 28, 2021 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
RIP Zackly.
Armin and Mikasa were almost caught in the explosion.

I totally forgot about Eren's jacket scene. The trailer version looked better tho.

Never liked Floch.

Feb 28, 2021 12:15 PM
Aug 2017
Floch is the best sidekick any protagonist has ever had
Feb 28, 2021 12:18 PM
Aug 2015
Ok guys it’s time to bully Mappa directors again. At this point they’re just begging for it lmao
Feb 28, 2021 12:19 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Animation kind of subpar in this one imo but whole eren scene was good. Maybe I’m just a sucker for scenes with the sunset in the background. Although I am going to say I prefer trailer version

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 28, 2021 12:21 PM
Feb 2018
Madlaad said:
Floch is the best sidekick any protagonist has ever had

For real though, he's not even cared Eren personally but the way he supported him so bad while having his own goal is just... what a helpful selfless sidekick.
Feb 28, 2021 12:25 PM
Oct 2020
NorbiZ said:
Sourire said:
Oh I forgot, the other nitpick that I have is that MAPPA actually showed the wrong version of Eren that talked with Yelena about the plan. It was in the past when Eren had medium length hair to the sides but they showed manbun Eren which Yelena had never met. And his facial expression was nonexistent. Fingers crossed that it’s corrected in the blueray but low hopes for it happening.

Any manbun Eren content is good, even if it's not supposed to be like that

Yes yes. I agree. As long as we see eren. Not everyone is a manga reader so we don't care about that kind of detail.
Feb 28, 2021 12:26 PM
Aug 2017
Floch you absolute chad. You madlad
Feb 28, 2021 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
Hitch has finally appeared in The Final Season! It was funny when she noticed Armin trying to touch the crystal with Annie inside.

The scene with angry mob shouting "Shinzou! Sasageyo!" right after Zachary died in an explosion was adapted perfectly. I had imagined this scene to look like that while reading the manga.

Same goes with awesome looking scene with Eren putting on a jacket; and same goes with the scene during which Pixis and others were discussing the current situation on Paradis (including Zachary's assassination by Yaegerists).

The tension rises with each episode. Paradis is on the verge of civil war. We are slowly getting closer to the ultimate climax of this situation.

Pieck-chan looked cute in the last frames of this episode. :)

By the way, have you noticed two scenes with weird looking Mikasa (when she went with Armin to Zachary) and Pixis (when he talked to Mrs. Azumabito)? Their faces looked weird. Not as bad as just weird, lol.
Feb 28, 2021 12:32 PM

Mar 2020
Eren's jacket scene was way better in the trailer to be honest.

Well, this is the start of yeagerists claiming power.
Feb 28, 2021 12:33 PM
Jan 2021
Ok, First of all I never write any thing against AOT Animation so far because i konw how tiring it is. But that doesn't mean i didnt notice any still frames or CGI stuff like that i was just trying to ignore it and kept enjoying yhe show.

But my fu*king ... this episode.This episode had such a big chance to gain the spotlight back again which was left somewhere in previous 3 episodes but noo MAPPA can never allow us to keep us to do so.I mean im not being a nit picker or something like that but it 100% seems like MAPPA is trying to avoid every thing that has details and good animation potential to it because,Only speaking for this episode only first and the most biggest disappointment was that eren jacket scene it was too OP in its original manga and PV version but the way he puts the jaket seems like he his wearing it for the fitst time in his life because who in the world bends that much to wear it and where the hell is the amazing background in tgat scene drom PV/MANGA....like its too much beyond ignorance capacity for me in this episode they even animated mikasa running towards armin in the biggening of the episode so much trash that you can literally see frame droops easily and then tgey skkiped erens crystal structure that he makes to escape from prison and then zackerys dead body deatils and soo much that it looks like people in MAPPA dont want to draw thats above mideocer level and make even epic/Legendary moments around mideocer like really. Please im beggeing srory is epic bit dont ruin it soo much that we have to notice concept like lack of deatils and wierd direction errors every episode pleass its a humble request.
Saitama1212Feb 28, 2021 12:54 PM
Feb 28, 2021 12:35 PM

Mar 2019
God that Eren jacket scene was such a cocktease in the trailer, and no surprise there, they changed it and made it worse!
Decent episode nonetheless.
Feb 28, 2021 12:45 PM

Sep 2014
All hail Gigachad Eren and God Emperor Floch. Dedicate your heart!
Feb 28, 2021 12:45 PM
Nov 2019
I sometimes think that we don't deserve the final season to be animated because of these reviews. For God sake guys, why we can't enjoy the show without being an experts in criticising people who worked their ass off on this project and still suffering. I don't think we can do better than what they delivered. There's nothing wrong with this season. We Just need to forget Wit studio and forget that we have had watched the trailer.
Abdulaziz_AlwahaFeb 28, 2021 1:44 PM
Feb 28, 2021 12:49 PM
Aug 2017
Fucking blur, that landscape was so beautiful if it wasn't for that goddamn blur, i could barely see anything. Bunch of nobodies teamed up to work on the most popular anime. Ofc they cant do anything properly.
Feb 28, 2021 1:06 PM
Nov 2020
Sourire said:
What I’ve enjoyed the most of past “slower” episodes is that they do not cut much content at all from the manga. There’s so many important dialogues that completely removing some of it for a faster pacing would be detrimental. This episode was good, covered chapter 110 and some of 111. Next episodes is definitely going to energize the masses.

To be honest, my only complaint, and call it a nitpick if you want, is the jacket scene. The overall character design of Eren was really clean, same for Floch, but when he puts his jacket on he looks like a hunchback. The lighting is better than in the trailer but the shot itself is worse and I think its due to the slow mo animation. I’m only bringing it up because the panel itself from the manga gives me an eyegasm everytime. I think they should’ve used a still for it.

Tatakae Yeagerists.
you do realize that they are just rearranging scenes like they did with the pst episodes?
Feb 28, 2021 1:07 PM
Nov 2019
So Eren has gone full rogue, along with a bunch of followers, and they assassinated the top commander. Eren also seems to have the people on his side against the military. Though imagine if Armin and Mikasa had been caught in that explosion, how would Eren have reacted?
Feb 28, 2021 1:12 PM

Apr 2020
Armin caught lacking in 4K.

Zackely got blown away! Eren escaped!
The abs scene! Woo-hoo!!

Eren is a big ass fucking threat like he has never been before. This episode sure did feel slow, but good nonetheless.
The restaurant! Warrior candidates are going to get caught
Pieck has infiltrated already.
Nice set-up episode.
--AbiSa--
Feb 28, 2021 1:14 PM

Nov 2020
Mappa spending all their money on jujutsu kaisen, the animation is kind of bad
Feb 28, 2021 1:20 PM
Jun 2015
Damn Zack got Yeeted hard! Lmaooo. And there's that iconic Jacket scene. Damn shits getting real. 10/10
Feb 28, 2021 1:21 PM

Jan 2017
Dudes complaining about how someone puts on a jacket now LMFAO.
Honestly though I feel like after ep 7 or 8 some of the animation parts look "off" I guess? I think the backgrounds and still frames of some shots are really good but its occasionally looks kind of strange at times. Hope they're just saving it for later scenes lol.
Feb 28, 2021 1:22 PM

Jun 2019
I can feel the pressure boiling and boiling, this episode just brought it to the breaking point.

Now that the Supreme Comander is dead and Eren is free there is so much uncertenty on what will happen. Add onto that Gabi & Falco going to the restaurant where the scouts are visiting AND the Marley warriors infiltrating Paradis.

Holy shit these final 4 episodes will be fire.
Feb 28, 2021 1:23 PM

Nov 2020
Jesus, I think my time here is done. I thought the episode was great, things are ramping up and I can't wait to see what happens next. R.I.P. Zachary. I mean again yes, not every single shot was great, that shot of Mikasa's running was pretty awkward and sometimes Pyxis looks a bit odd. But to say that it's horrible and MAPPA are ruining the story? Nonsense.
Are ya winning, diners?
Feb 28, 2021 1:27 PM
Feb 2021
Y’all really complaining about the jacket scene and how it’s Mappa’s fault for the animation. Mappa was only given like 6-8 months, what y’all expect jujutsu kaisen tier animation 😹
Feb 28, 2021 1:28 PM
Feb 2021
Y’all really complaining about the jacket scene and how it’s Mappa’s fault for the animation. Mappa was only given like 6-8 months, what y’all expect jujutsu kaisen tier animation 😹
Feb 28, 2021 1:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
You can never make people happy. It seems that all the fanboys who picked up the manga in the last year or two and think of themselves as experts are nitpicking every single thing out that MAPPA does.
No adaptation is perfect, the animation was less impressive as is the usual for more dialogue centric chapters. Lighten up.

Edit: The threads are blowing up with one stupid discussion after another. Mods should really limit who can start a new discussion thread in a popular show like this one.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 28, 2021 1:29 PM
Jun 2015
GoshaX said:
Well this has better story telling so idc
Feb 28, 2021 1:30 PM
May 2017
I am losing my passion because of this fucking adaption sigh wth is wrong with them!!!no it is not time problem it is just that they don't know what the fans want and what this story need why would you let someone talented like omine direct ep11 which is not really as important as this one and butcher this ep, don't they know that eren scene is really awaited by fans? Why would you make some random unimportant scenes look better, I wish they will stop I prefer not getting an adaption for 3 years over killing my passion like this, everytime I say wow next ep there will be that scene there is noway they will ruin it, it is important and then they fucking ruin it they have a problem with important scene, remember that mikasa enterance scene in ep6 that people hyped like mads then you got cg mikasa and ghoul face mikasa, eren mirror scene and now this scene and many more I hate it,I hate that this season existed it is disappointinI wish I can ignore it and stop watching it but I can't
Feb 28, 2021 1:31 PM

Nov 2020
shane_nichols said:
GoshaX said:
Well this has better story telling so idc
So true, but you still want sick animation to go with such great stories, just like the previous season to make it a masterpiece
Feb 28, 2021 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
Great to see the dramatic ass meeting of Eren and Floch in motion. Eren's 10 pack oof

Hilarious seeing everyone crunch their teeth at the thought of submitting to the Jaegerists.

Can't wait for next episode's restaurant scene.
Feb 28, 2021 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
Raegal1 said:
NorbiZ said:

Any manbun Eren content is good, even if it's not supposed to be like that

Yes yes. I agree. As long as we see eren. Not everyone is a manga reader so we don't care about that kind of detail.
But it has an actual meaning in the grand scheme of things. Yes its a nitpick, but it still is something they should've done right especially since the following sentence Pixis confirms this Yelena/Eren meeting happened before the attack on Liberio where it was hobo Eren at that point of the story.
Feb 28, 2021 1:36 PM

Jul 2019
Just watched the episode with rock-bottom expectations and it was fine for the most part aside from some off-model faces that can easily be fixed later on. Eren coat scene was paced oddly but it was far from terrible, it was good enough, not as epic as it could have been but it's not like the anime is ruined. Pacing was really good.
Feb 28, 2021 1:38 PM

Dec 2014
Farabeuf said:
You can never make people happy. It seems that all the fanboys who picked up the manga in the last year or two and think of themselves as experts are nitpicking every single thing out that MAPPA does.
No adaptation is perfect, the animation was less impressive as is the usual for more dialogue centric chapters. Lighten up.

+1 from me, I feel like people take this far too seriously. It's crazy how critical people are being of MAPPA in these threads to point out every little thing.

For the episode itself, it was pretty good.

In the past Eren was a lot simpler to understand, he was reckless but I could understand and get behind his reasoning but fast forward to today, he's almost a completely different guy. I don't understand what he's trying to do, they are being far too vague about his reasons. What got into to him to be so extreme and dare I say apathetic about things? I never would've expected that he'd greenlight a plan to murder Zack assuming he really did do it, not to mention when he knows people that he cared about could be in the vicinity. (I'm not asking for spoilers, if they give me more background in the future that's good enough)

What's Piek doing in Paradis?
Feb 28, 2021 1:38 PM

Aug 2019
Great episode because of the god tier source material, the ost was also great, but yeah the animation was so-so.
Feb 28, 2021 1:41 PM

Aug 2018
This is going to get complicated
Very good episode
Feb 28, 2021 1:43 PM
Aug 2020
So, if Eren is supposed to be the villain now, why is the show portraying him as being really "cool and badass"?
Feb 28, 2021 1:44 PM

Apr 2013
Colossal Titan continues to have a crush on Annie.

rip Zackly, glorious Bastard

Marley already infiltrated Eldia Empire, Reiner didn't fuck arround when he said to counter attack immediatly, they got lucky with the timing too with the chaos already going on.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 28, 2021 1:45 PM

Sep 2020
so it's gotten to the point where we are complaining about how someone putting on a jacket is animated?

IMO I prefer this over the trailer anyway
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

692 by wibugar »»
7 hours ago

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.