Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 27, 2021 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really great start to the season IMO. Laura seems like she's going to be a really fun character. Both the transformation sequence and the finisher for cure summer were great as well.

Feb 27, 2021 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
That was SO funny. Laura is great. Also the animation and style are so pretty.
Feb 27, 2021 9:54 PM

Sep 2017
this was so so cute!!! the op and ed, manatsu, the humor, the transformation and the attack!! i'll definitely be looking forward to this delight every week
Feb 27, 2021 9:56 PM

May 2018
Well this was a great start! The Opening was very catchy and the fight animation was good.
Let's keep it up!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 27, 2021 11:04 PM
Sep 2015
So the theme is "make-up positive" which is quite a new topic, but it's good for both politically correct reason and marketing reason as you can expect a lof of precure makeup products in coming months.

Natsumi's dad is so hot but too bad he only appear like 10 seconds.

The soundtrack is good, which is strange consider that it's the same person as Healing Good. But Tropical reminds me of her previous work "Inazuma Eleven Go" which has a really good soundtrack.
Feb 27, 2021 11:10 PM

Jan 2014
A really energetic and positive start. Already liking this already. May it continue.
Feb 27, 2021 11:17 PM

Jul 2017
I'm absolutely smitten with Laura and Manatsu's dynamic! Their personalities are super distinct and I cannot wait to spend a year with them. The animation team wasn't afraid to make Manatsu a lil monkey gremlin, there was tons of fun character animation this episode!
Feb 27, 2021 11:22 PM
Jul 2018
ooh this seems decent, interesting story and characters, mc reminds me of the gon at the start of hunter x hunter and the story is kinda similar too. ost is pretty cool and animation is quite nice, especially on those battle scenes and stuff. this is probably the most shoujo anime i've ever watched tbh; also, first time watching this series so im just wondering if i need to watch any of the other stuff first?
Feb 27, 2021 11:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The very beginning is Hunter x Hunter plot but with the mother instead of the father (xD)
Well anyway, it was a really good first episode, it has the potential to become one of my fav precure series.
I really like MC and it's also great that we have a mermaid in this season, also I love the summer vibes in it.
The transformation looked pretty good and I love the precure design with all these colors, it's better than just red/blue/yellow precure
So now they're stealing the motivation hmm, and I guess they'll have to fight that big evil mermaid we see at the end
Now I can't wait to see the next characters, probably for next ep since it's at school, it's gonna be interesting
Feb 27, 2021 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
spaesu said:
also, first time watching this series so im just wondering if i need to watch any of the other stuff first?

Nope. Each Precure series is its own thing. (Minus the clearly labelled direct sequels for some of the older series).
Feb 27, 2021 11:41 PM
Oct 2018
Just the started of 1st episode.Manatsu get Burning Positive.
Feb 28, 2021 1:05 AM
Aug 2020
Loved it. Laura is best girl. I hope she ends up being a mid season cure.
Feb 28, 2021 1:49 AM

Aug 2014
I'm really enjoying this new season! The friendship between Laura and Manatsu is something special. Can't wait to see the other precures and their transformations!
Feb 28, 2021 2:53 AM

Aug 2017
this was so much fun! this season looks really promising
Feb 28, 2021 3:32 AM
Feb 2021
There's just so much to write about. Never have I laughed so hard at a precure episode. tho the OP song is good, the video itself looks like an AMV.
Feb 28, 2021 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
this season looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! i love laura already
Feb 28, 2021 6:21 AM

Jul 2011
The opening visual felt a little too generic.
The animation looked much better than Healin' Good.
The villains this time is hitting close to home, with this stealing motivation. I may have been a victim.
The ending was cool.
Feb 28, 2021 6:26 AM

Apr 2017
That was so good.
I love the transformation and the design.
Manatsu has exactly the kind of personality I prefer for a main character, especially in a magical girl anime.
Laura is a treat, her interactions with Manatsu are already amazing.
cunnysseur
Feb 28, 2021 6:27 AM
Sep 2019
This was really fun. The energy of this season is so infectious, which is nice to see after Healin’ Good. I personally liked the calmer atmosphere there, but I know not everyone did and a season like this was definitely needed. It’s so colorful! This episode was a 24-minute assault on my eyes and I loved every second of it.

There was so much personality and expressiveness put into the animation and characters, who I already really like. Very dynamic and expressive; it reminds me of Pokémon Sun & Moon in a lot of ways with the setting and atmosphere. That transformation was godly too, definitely the best one for a lead cure since Flora.

Overall a super strong start and if it continues with this same level of quality consistently, it’ll definitely make its way into my list of favorite seasons.
Feb 28, 2021 7:34 AM

Sep 2008
that was the strongest 1st ep to anything in recent memory. I'm glad we're back to normal.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 28, 2021 7:39 AM
Jul 2020
A lot of precure first episodes tend to be great, but this was something else. The colors, expressions and art direction just give it a whole different vibe. I have high hopes for the rest of this season!
Feb 28, 2021 7:47 AM

Dec 2008
Very good start, I think this will be good season (the last one that I enjoyed was Heartcatch). I just hope, that they will not overdo with the make-up's for kids.
Feb 28, 2021 9:28 PM

Jul 2015
yooo very kawaii ^_^
Mar 1, 2021 3:19 AM
Jun 2013
Great start to the new series. Really loving Laura: a tsundere, ojo-sama all wrapped up in a mermaid's tail. What's not to love about her... tho' Laura needs to do a better job of keeping her ulterior motives under wraps in front of the Cures. And Natsumi is like Erica / Cure Marine times 10. Really bubbly and hyper active, and I see great fun ahead.
Mar 1, 2021 6:51 AM

Dec 2018
When Manatsu was talking about the things she wants and the people she wanna meet in the big city , She never mention boys or boyfriend. Awwwwwww I think my little sweetie pie is a lesbian,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

In the city she meet her new girlfriend the mermaid Laura. Manatsu really likes her little mermaid and expressed several time how cute she is.. My little lesbian lovebirds are flirting and are so cute together!

When danger was brewing my little heroine didn't hesitate one second. She sprung to action to rescue her girlfriend! And in the sunset next to a heart form cliff, she got rewarded with a sweet lesbian kiss for her bravery,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Wow that was so gay, I love it

Yuri-CrusaderMar 2, 2021 5:53 AM
Mar 1, 2021 11:26 AM
Jan 2019
I love how this season features lipstick, it looks wonderful!

Mar 1, 2021 11:27 AM
Oct 2020
Great start to the new series.
Mar 1, 2021 1:43 PM

Dec 2019
FANTASTIC... love the glitter eyeshadow and how hyper she is. Can't wait for next week!
Mar 1, 2021 8:48 PM

Oct 2018
Great start for this episode. Especially this will be my first time watching Precure series.
Forum set made by Nate
Mar 1, 2021 11:26 PM
Jan 2020
Pretty good first episode, I too already really like Laura.
Mar 2, 2021 8:41 AM
Aug 2017
Nice animation and music. I enjoyed this episode, first time I've seen Precure as well.
Mar 2, 2021 6:15 PM

Jun 2012
Really wasn't into the first episode of Healin' Good, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. Super expressive and funny, great art style and character designs. Trying not to get my expectations TOO high, but this could be a really good one. Really looking forward to seeing more.
help
Mar 2, 2021 6:35 PM
Dec 2017
The overall tone of Tropical-Rouge is less serious than most other seasons of precure. The op is hilarious, Laura's characterization is funny and the monster designs are silly (all in a good way, I mean).
My guess is that this season will be similar to Smile Precure. There won't be any heavy arcs and most episodes will only serves to cheer audiences up.
Mar 3, 2021 1:29 AM

Jun 2013
I was really looking forward to this!
The first episode was really promising. I like Laura & Manatsu. I'm hyped for the next episode and curious how the other Pretty Cures get introduce to the team ♡
Mar 3, 2021 11:39 AM
Feb 2019
ohmygosh, that was SO fun. cure summer and laura's interactions were adorable, there were so many good moments and faces. summer's transformation and attack was so unique and creative too! the fight choreography and animation was super expressive and miles better than anything in healin' good. so excited for this.
Mar 3, 2021 11:15 PM
Jul 2015
Yuri-Crusader said:
When Manatsu was talking about the things she wants and the people she wanna meet in the big city , She never mention boys or boyfriend. Awwwwwww I think my little sweetie pie is a lesbian,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

In the city she meet her new girlfriend the mermaid Laura. Manatsu really likes her little mermaid and expressed several time how cute she is.. My little lesbian lovebirds are flirting and are so cute together!

When danger was brewing my little heroine didn't hesitate one second. She sprung to action to rescue her girlfriend! And in the sunset next to a heart form cliff, she got rewarded with a sweet lesbian kiss for her bravery,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Question, do you even care about the plot of the series, or are in it just for the pseudo yuri subtext? Putting that aside, I see ALOT of potential in this season and I'm willing to see every episode to prove my point. Although I should never go to conclusions on ANYTHING just because of what others may think.
theotakuedboy93Mar 4, 2021 5:43 PM
Mar 6, 2021 6:09 AM

Dec 2018
theotakuedboy93 said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

Question, do you even care about the plot of the series, or are in it just for the pseudo yuri subtext? Putting that aside, I see ALOT of potential in this season and I'm willing to see every episode to prove my point. Although I should never go to conclusions on ANYTHING just because of what others may think.

Why do you concern yourself over the reasons why I like this anime? I enjoy some precures I have watched in the pass, because they often have strong Yuri vibes and only females as mains

I love lesbian shipping. But there are many other aspects in this anime that I enjoyed.The colors, mermaids are my favorite mythical creatures ,also like the theme, the genki mc ,my cute girls and their big eyes,and more. I like my anime cute gay and full of sparks Lol, So far everything is good in my Yuri paradise =P

Yuri-CrusaderMar 6, 2021 7:08 AM
Mar 6, 2021 2:52 PM
Jul 2015
Yuri-Crusader said:
theotakuedboy93 said:

Why do you concern yourself over the reasons why I like this anime? I enjoy some precures I have watched in the pass, because they often have strong Yuri vibes and only females as mains

I love lesbian shipping. But there are many other aspects in this anime that I enjoyed.The colors, mermaids are my favorite mythical creatures ,also like the theme, the genki mc ,my cute girls and their big eyes,and more. I like my anime cute gay and full of sparks Lol, So far everything is good in my Yuri paradise =P

Don't get me wrong, I like Yuri eccentric things, myself. But I don't exactly tend to be over the top about it one way or another. But if that what you tend on leaning towards then go ahead I have no reason to question your interests as long as you don't question mine.
Mar 14, 2021 12:15 AM

Feb 2019
Intresting start

Mermaid is funny character
Mar 14, 2021 9:15 PM

Sep 2013
I feel the effort and passion already, guess they just got too complacent with healin good.
Mar 15, 2021 2:34 AM

Dec 2015
This is just what I wanted to watch a colorfull girly anime.
Mar 17, 2021 3:22 AM

Oct 2007
ok, good start. I like Natsumi energetic personality, and that mermaid with ulterior motive of becoming the next queen. lol

for sure now, will follow this up to episode 12. Then decide there if will continue or not.
Mar 28, 2021 10:55 AM
Mar 2021
I really wanna watch it,can someone tell me if i have to watch the other precure series' in order to understand tropical rouge?
Mar 28, 2021 11:02 AM

May 2020
YukaChanx3 said:
I really wanna watch it,can someone tell me if i have to watch the other precure series' in order to understand tropical rouge?

No, you can watch it just fine by itself, it doesn't need any other Precure series.

P.S. Quoting from the r/anime Precure series faq (just for reference):

"Precure exists on the same formula as Super Sentai, Kamen Rider or Power Rangers; each series in the franchise lasts for a year and is completely self contained from any other series in the franchise. Precure has existed for over a decade and is primarily aimed towards children as young as 5 who have not seen much of the franchise. Precure needs to be accessible for the revolving door of children who are viewers, so every series in the franchise can be seen with no prior knowledge"
NeaRetrogamerMar 28, 2021 11:05 AM
Mar 29, 2021 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
nice start, art is very likable, reminds quite a bit KiraKira Precure, for now i dont think its looks better than Healing Good (art).

Very sexy/cute transformation too much make up touchs.
A damn them multicolored eyes.

Very cheerful MC. Thankfully not a dumb girl. I like her.
MARxRGMar 29, 2021 7:34 PM
Apr 18, 2021 6:10 AM

Feb 2020
That was adorable! Really energetic and colorful episode. The transformation scene was very pretty.

The friendship between Laura and Manatsu is so cute. ^^ <3

SerafosApr 10, 2023 11:47 AM
Apr 22, 2021 11:04 AM
Sep 2019
Time for a new set of cure Warriors starting with cure summer with her special attack Shining summer Sun
Apr 22, 2021 11:04 AM
Sep 2019
Time for a new set of cure Warriors starting with cure summer with her special attack Shining summer Sun
Mar 27, 2023 10:42 PM

Feb 2013
A tropical paradise, I wish I could go there, I have been depraved of sunny beaches for years now.
Manatsuis very genki, a giid quality for a young teen.
Not sure about the whole makeup theme yet. but this seems to integrate it better than happniess charge did.
The big bad doesn't even feel motivated to be bad, now that is new. You could say the cures this season are fighting sloth
<-click
Feb 4, 8:39 PM

Nov 2012
Seen so much art of these characters over the years and finally get to start this.

Lately been watching a lot of depressing shit (films/TV shows), so this should be a nice change of pace to counterbalance that. Looks to be a fun, more comedic based precure series based on this first episode.

Loved how expressive the characters animation was, alongside how good the characters design look in general.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 46 Discussion

Ashhk - Jan 29, 2022

19 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 45 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jan 22, 2022

9 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 44 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jan 15, 2022

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 43 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Jan 8, 2022

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 11, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Tropical-Rouge! Precure Episode 42 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Dec 25, 2021

5 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 10, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.