Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2021 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With these new skills, I'd say that Kumoko actually became a decently powerful character, much more tougher compared to the first few episodes. Jesus Christ, there's so much narratives about levels and skills in this show though, especially this episode.

It looks like we also got some training going on which I suppose is important for the humans to learn and improve themselves more.
Feb 19, 2021 6:29 AM

Apr 2020
This episode was weird. The frame freezed for several seconds ... and they didn't even add the ending song or the preview for the next episode.
Maybe the episode was rushed ? I hope they don't have production problems.
Feb 19, 2021 6:36 AM
Nov 2020
What with the existential crisis in this episode, I am not playing DDLC.

And, Now, all of a sudden, she also holds "THE Ruler of Wisdom", but she also had an "Arrogance Skill", One is a deadly sin one is a virtue. Which faction does Kumo support???

All of a sudden, The Key Animation felt weird at times, like when he started running. In static shots, it was awesome. But, Sometimes, You gotta give some sakuga.

And, Kumo acting like a schizophrenic person low-key weirded me out.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2021 6:42 AM
Nov 2020
Is Teacher the Real Bad Guy/Girl behind the Back ???

She doesn't want anyone to become strong. This goes into a bit of "Bruh, I am the Final Villan kind of Category."

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2021 6:57 AM

Oct 2017
Wow didn't think Oka chan was this strong or should I even call her strong. Seemed like she had some admin level authority. Maybe she knows some secret of this world which others don't. The last part of this episode felt weird too.
Feb 19, 2021 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
wow this episode was pretty nice, kumoko once again getting really strong and even having a little existential crisis lmao. that hugo kid is really annoying and pretty retarded tbh, that teacher is also kinda suspicious too... no ending this time though which was nice since we got that extra episode time.
Feb 19, 2021 6:58 AM
Jun 2014
Studio responsible for 2D animation is god awful, they can't do any action at all, it's all a mess, they can do great still shots but that's it.
Feb 19, 2021 6:59 AM

Apr 2020
anstar019 said:

She doesn't want anyone to become strong. This goes into a bit of "Bruh, I am the Final Villan kind of Category."

I don't really now. But it seems she used cursed magic when removing Hugo's skills.
Feb 19, 2021 7:04 AM

Feb 2019
I’m glad we finally got a students focused episode. I know I’m in the minority with it, but I’d rather watch them than Kumoko. The 3DCGI just doesn’t do it for me. I’ve seen some people complaining about the 2D fight scene with Hugo today but I didn’t notice anything bad personally.

Oka seems to have used some type of cursed magic to remove Hugo’s skills which is kinda weird to me. Why’s she afraid of people growing strong? Guess we’ll find out.

Really interested to find out who that girl who’s offering to help Hugo is too.
Feb 19, 2021 7:07 AM

Jan 2014
Haven't seen so much text on the screen at all lol. Though it was a nice character driven kind of ep.
Feb 19, 2021 7:10 AM
Apr 2019
this ep's animation is strangely nice but I am not complaining.
btw is the story being driven too fast or this is how the light novel?
Feb 19, 2021 7:19 AM

Jun 2019
I love Kumoko's interactions with herself. I find them quite adorable. Also, she has become quite a strong spider now. Sue has a brother complex. Lol. Hugo is still an asshole. Great to see, that Sensei took all of his skills. But, she's in danger now. That revelation of Kumoko being a character in a game was scary.
Feb 19, 2021 7:20 AM
Oct 2018
2abZ said:

They are skipping most of the grinding, so it's faster. But that's pretty much given in the anime, I guess. Then again, everything shown are just hints to the actual plot so far, but it's not too long before we start to see a good glimpse of the actual story,
Feb 19, 2021 7:24 AM

Jun 2009
2abZ said:

It takes her quite a bit longer to obtain her stuff. Like days and weeks more that it's shown. (couple of month passed already by now for her) But other than that Anime stays quite faithful to what and how it should be showing, there are several shortcuts taken - but nothing important is lost.

As LN reader i really liked this episode, a lot of good stuff XD
Feb 19, 2021 7:24 AM
Jan 2021
This anime is SO GOOD, thank god it's 24 episodes
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Feb 19, 2021 7:28 AM
Feb 2021
I finally found the human characters somewhat interesting. Hope that continues.
Feb 19, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2009
The sub wrote the Detection skill as Investigation and it thew me off for a second.

Our Goddess D has graced us with her body-less cameo! #BestWaifu
Feb 19, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
The whole "Evil Eye" Chuunibyou moment with Aoi Yuuki, THAT cracks me up like an edgelord. The whole talk with Kumoko's double, that's quite the amusement.

Back to the human world, and the constitution of the reincarnated classmates to account for everyone present. But sooner or later, Shun (Schlain) and Natsume's (Hugo) feud is of no escape...the secondary plot's MC vs. villain storyline, or for better words: a Dr. Stone reincarnation but everything gone so horribly wrong.

Not sure about you, but to me, Hugo and Natsume's fight was just as bad as how the OP depicted it to be. The plain action that just felt like repeat framed scenes carried by the subpar confrontation. A good thing that Ms. Oka (their homeroom teacher Kanami) acted like a teacher would...but with administrative authority? Sounds about right, and stripping Natsume of his powers for dereliction and defiance of duty...as if that's gonna stop him.

Before long, I'd say that Kumoko has already went past the reincarnated classmates skills one way or another. The reveal of Administrator D, and obtaining skills that's out of the norm...there's more than meets the eye!
Feb 19, 2021 7:32 AM
Nov 2020
Aqua_sama said:
anstar019 said:

here is the spoiler don't click, if u don't want to know...

Not gonna click it. I may come back to this, if S1 ends on a cliffhanger.
Feb 19, 2021 7:40 AM
Jul 2016
I didn't see anything wierd with frames that some of you are writing about, so if anyone can point out where in the episode it was, I woiuld be thankful!
Other than that, great episode, a little bit overwhelming at times with the skills but it's interesting to see nonetheless. The plot is thickening and I like the developement with Hugo a lot.
Feb 19, 2021 7:41 AM

Jun 2009
anstar019 said:
Aqua_sama said:

here is the spoiler don't click, if u don't want to know...

Not gonna click it. I may come back to this, if S1 ends on a cliffhanger.

Iirc this should not be mentioned in anime at all. thats like volume 7-8 territory. and we getting only 5 probably.
Feb 19, 2021 7:44 AM

Oct 2007
pass on this episode. Too many angsty teenager scenes.

waiting for next week.
Feb 19, 2021 7:47 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Homie really had all of his skills confiscated.

That's tuff.
LezetFeb 19, 2021 7:52 AM
Feb 19, 2021 7:49 AM
Apr 2020
Feel it was good episodes, continue to enjoy Kumoko antics and getting to see more of the other reincarnation is good. Love a fight scene.

Finally we got a small introduction of D and Sophia.
Although do not remember this scene with Hugo and Sophia in the light novels?

Can’t wait to see more because if it continues to follow the light novels it going to be a really fun watch :)
Feb 19, 2021 7:49 AM
Feb 2021
Was sensei a little harsh by taking all the skill from the boy?
Feb 19, 2021 7:52 AM

Apr 2013
Okay, I think it's worth celebrating:
For the first time ever, events on the human side were captivating.

All of these new reveals are intriguing. I was wondering how the teacher was so easily finding reincarnated folks, but if she has one of the ruler privileges, at this point it wouldn't be surprising if she had directly access to a way to get these peoples' data as well. Either her, or someone around her.

Shun should have tried to analyse her, I think the result would have been pretty interesting.

Also lmao I was like "ah, jagans. Well there's a lot of them and a spider has 8 eyes so she may take one per eye or something" and then kumoko goes ahead with the same idea~.
The whole chuuni stuff was funny.

anomalies have started to happen spider side the moment she reached level 10 for the analyse skill. Did she even try analysing anything since then? Herself, for example.
Also, that next episode's title? Oo
ZefyrisFeb 19, 2021 8:06 AM
Feb 19, 2021 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
The other student part is starting to get interesting now with Hugo, though he is still a jerk.

It does appear that Oka-Sensei used some sort of administrative authority by stripping Hugo of his skills and abilities.
Even though Oka-Sensei says skills are dangerous, our cute little Kumoko-chan is getting more skills. I just found it amusing.

Feb 19, 2021 7:56 AM
Oct 2020
I’m a little confused though even thou I read the manga who is the girl with the white hair because the only character Ik with white hair is Sophia Keren
Feb 19, 2021 7:58 AM

Oct 2017
Visual pollution is a very serious problem in this series but I see no other way than this one, it is better to simply ignore all the texts that appear on the screen.

I just hope she leaves this cave soon
Feb 19, 2021 8:01 AM

Jun 2009
Darkskin_Nhamar said:
I’m a little confused though even thou I read the manga who is the girl with the white hair because the only character Ik with white hair is Sophia Keren

Manga is not the source - it's half adaptation of LN that cut all of human content. Read LN for full story. (also anime will likely go past the point where manga ends while doing twice as much content due perspective split)

Feb 19, 2021 8:07 AM

Dec 2017
Another episode that wasted time on some generic teen drama. I watch this anime only for the spider, not for the stupid generic anime teens and their harem bs.

I especially can't stand that blue haired simp girl and her brother complex.
Feb 19, 2021 8:08 AM
Oct 2015
This episode was worth watching it in English sub , lets see you it is with Italian ones xD

If you don't appreciate art , anime aren't for you , there is nothing wrong in them , nothing is perfect !

If you criticize Anime you should release your reviews directly to people and authors that made em !

Anime will not get any better if reviews do not get outside the borders of this website , change this !
Feb 19, 2021 8:09 AM
Dec 2017
Darkskin_Nhamar said:

Feb 19, 2021 8:09 AM
Dec 2015
Imagine being isekaid where you could do what you want but your teacher is keeping you from leveling and even deleting your skills. I hope someone gonna end this party pooper
Feb 19, 2021 8:22 AM
May 2015
Aslanftw said:
Imagine being isekaid where you could do what you want but your teacher is keeping you from leveling and even deleting your skills. I hope someone gonna end this party pooper

Hugo is piece of shit though and he deserve it
Feb 19, 2021 8:25 AM
Oct 2016
The craziest episode of spider so far! The direction this episode was mind blowing. Like a visceral experience, the camera and shot composition looked incredible. The technical aspects of this episode were amazing along with the more compelling human side of the story. We finally see Shun and Hugo go to blows with Hugo thinking he could own this new world they've been reborn in. Trying to enact a plan to gain fame and boost his status. Along with killing Shun too of course that makes it even better for him. The action for their fight was great. Shun trying his best but not enough against the overpowered Hugo, luckily Oka came in with her wind punches to save him. Her draining Hugo of all his skills shocked me that's insane to be able to do. Kumoko didn't get a whole lot this episode in comparison to the human reincarnated classmates but we did see her gain some new skills. That wisdom one she got by the admin hearing her complaints was another big twist. Kumoko hearing the static then getting her woes heard adds more questions.
Feb 19, 2021 8:44 AM

Apr 2020
Finally I guess
From now on this anime gonna be interesting
As untill now all we have seen a spider grinding hard for skills and on the other side some teen drama . .
But in today's episode the shock of gaining skills to kumoko and that admin level power of oka-chan made me really curious for what gonna happen next
Now I can say
Can't wait for next episode
NaughtySempaiFeb 19, 2021 8:48 AM
Feb 19, 2021 8:45 AM

Jan 2020
For me the 2D action scenes were not bad, but they could improve since it seems that they reused some frames in the battle ..

From this chapter things get very interesting, both for the human side and for the kumo-chan, on the one hand, the privileges that the elf sensei has are something to think about, I wonder if she was the first to be reborn, I think she had already said something about that in a chapter, didn't she? If I remember correctly the introductory chapter ... that way she may have been born with something special for being the first, or it is just a whim of some administrator

speaking of them, now kumo-chan realizes that she is being watched in some way, something terrifying knowing that there are already 4 reborn dead

Looks like Hugo met the Demon Lord, didn't he?

the formula n% l = w ... also has it kumo-chan like hugo right? ... there are many unknowns

I look forward to the next episode
ldanesFeb 19, 2021 8:48 AM

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Feb 19, 2021 8:46 AM

Oct 2017
Episode 7 was surprisingly good, although I don't really care about the human drama but I guess they are building up to something good in the future either way it's pretty boring IMO.

Kumo asking the real questions, are we even alive?
Feb 19, 2021 8:49 AM

May 2014
A lot of infodumping and set-up again, as expected. Thankfully, I know their relevance. I kind of like Hugo's observation that law enforcement in this world is obviously trash.

Harry28_ said:
Is it just me who felt bad that Hugo's power was taken away, it was a nice episode.
As privileged as Hugo is, he still works harder than Shun, at least.
Feb 19, 2021 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
TheDeedsOfMen said:
A lot of infodumping and set-up again, as expected. Thankfully, I know their relevance. I kind of like Hugo's observation that law enforcement in this world is obviously trash.

Harry28_ said:
Is it just me who felt bad that Hugo's power was taken away, it was a nice episode.
As privileged as Hugo is, he still works harder than Shun, at least.
yeah Hugo figured out how to survive pretty early on compared to the other reincarnations. He is a jerk but his approach on how to take out Shun was a decent plan if Filimos didnt interfere
Feb 19, 2021 8:55 AM

Nov 2016
We all have an inner edgelord.

Hugo got rect xD

Image someone deleting your game stats after some hard grind just like that, savage! Shit really went down on the human side. The credits part was also damn intriguing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 19, 2021 9:07 AM

Aug 2020
So does the teacher know about the other reincarnation's?
Feb 19, 2021 9:09 AM

Oct 2018
Not much things are interesting in this episode other than that strange [n%l=W] which I don't know what's that. Here's to hoping the anime will improve later on.
Forum set made by Nate
Feb 19, 2021 9:10 AM

Jul 2019
This episode was pretty good. Finally the more interesting and mystery part os the story is coming up. Some peple said that the were a very weird frames in the fight this episode, which although i agree in a sense, its also the fact that this studio always animates this way (a good example is the cop craft opening). Itagaki, despite being honestly one of the best comedy directors in the business right now, is probably not amazing at doing action, as a lot of times he tries to make fights look confusion, making them somewhat realistic to how a normal fighter would feel while battling, but that makes us the viewer just confused overall and just makes the fight not that impressive visually.
Feb 19, 2021 9:24 AM
Feb 2021
Geez, I felt the camera work was really bad in the human part. Though, maybe all these weird close-ups and odd angles is because there is a purpose to them? Maybe each and every single one of these angles is from one of Kumoko's clones watching everything? These spiderlings are tiny and can sometimes be smaller than what the eye can see. All of this would explain why the studio is using weird angles and stuff they're not used to using. These aren't normal and look weird and sometimes bad, but in context they make sense.

KiriKiri-chanFeb 19, 2021 10:30 AM
Feb 19, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2014
We hear that acquiring skills might be bad and then we see Kumoko learning some deep stuff because she gained a lot of skills. I guess teacher just doesn't want kids to know too much? Whether it's for their own good or because she has some other plans is a different matter.
Feb 19, 2021 9:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The two separate minds skill is really helpful, but seems like that there are administrators in this world, it reminds me of SAO Alicization.
The reincarnated student part was also interesting because on how the elf sensei removed Hugo's skills and stats, well now he will need to get his revenge
Feb 19, 2021 9:34 AM

Sep 2019
Kumo being just a character and not the one who plays the game was described really well, it gave the me creeps. I loved this episode.
Feb 19, 2021 9:40 AM
May 2015
the studio doing very good job at adapting the novel. moreover this episode is setting everything nicely and I am very happy that every nice tidbits the novel hinted at is coming forth in a superb way!

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.