Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2021 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this episode turned South fast. We got the characters taking on a mission that pits their lives at a dangerous pace. Not to mention, the entities they encountered are far from ordinary.

This episode had such an eerie feeling but hey, at least everyone made it out of that mess alive.
Feb 14, 2021 5:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The situation was really tense for them but Kabané managed to beat the older sister thanks to his power, and he can control them, but according to that weird blond guy Inari still want to steal his necklace, I think she might be back soon.
Shiki's parents seem to be an interesting topic, I want to learn more about them
Feb 14, 2021 5:57 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, Shiki's trauma of scary things doesn't help in the Kemono children's infiltration of the bug business, and that's not to say of Mihai's advantage to scorn. But, a pretty good character development to overcome the most basic of fears.

I kinda like how Kabane is straightforward with his replies, despite being a human-Kemono hybrid: when Inumaki assigns a job, the job MUST be done. The challenge against the mosquito woman is a tough one, but with some advice goading from Mihai, activating Kabane's inner Kemono powers does the trick...at least for investigation purposes.

Oh? Another of Inari's kitsune subordinates Nobimaru shows up to finish the job and clear all evidence. But of course, Kabane's lifestone is still up for grabs, no other apparent reason why Inari targets Kabane for. The surprise that Nobimaru is like Kon, and despises Inari, WOAH that's dark, but unsurprising given that it's the Tanuki.

HAH the internal struggles between Inumaki and Mihai will linger for longer, but a job well done from the Kemono children for now.

The little moments between Kabane and Kon are still lovely though xD

And I wanna know the gist of Shiki's parents. Leave that to the next episode!
Feb 14, 2021 6:09 AM
Sep 2015
I can clearly see that Kabane will get fooled again and again but his pureness will win over any evil heart.... except my dirty heart LOL.
Feb 14, 2021 6:17 AM
Jul 2018
the new kid at inari looks so annoying for some reason. anyway this was so good episode and it's was so adorable how kabane listened to shiki and akira's heartbeat to see if they are alive and even followed shiki around xD

btw isn't it weird how attached kon is suddenly to kabane? i don't know but something doesn't feel right
Feb 14, 2021 6:46 AM

Oct 2017
Good to see Shiki actually pulled through and Kabane looked kinda cool with redish orange hair.

Nobimaru seems pretty interesting, accordong to him Inari wants Kabane to give her the lifestone and warns him. In the last scene Nobimaru says this is why I warned you. Does this mean Inari's making Kon get close to Kabane and then she'll just kidnap her and demand the lifestone in exchange or something lol?

Kon and Kabane was so cute again.
Feb 14, 2021 6:54 AM

Jun 2019
I'm just really glad they made out of there alive. Also, Kabane and Kon were so adorable.
Feb 14, 2021 6:54 AM

Mar 2020
Listen to your heart. For Kabane to release his Kemono powers, he has to listen to his heart. If the heart sensed danger his Kemono powers would be released. Kabane would also get a temporary hair colour change.
Feb 14, 2021 7:03 AM
Oct 2016
Closing this two part arc investigation with the mosquito blood sucking operation. Shiki definitely got the most development with him coming to the same conclusion Kabane did at the beginning about wanting to hear about his parents. Got his big moment in this episode with taking down the mosquito woman who attacked him. Using his webbing in a really cool way to string her up. Kabane hearing those words from Mihai unlocking his kemono strength to finish off the head mosquito sister. Now he has the power we see him using in the opening. Worked like a charm to harness his power when he needs it without going berserk. Glad that they went on this tough mission so they could all grow. Even if Mihai was a bit underhanded. Kabane going to see Kon after forgetting for multiple days was sad. She looked so down.
Feb 14, 2021 7:16 AM
Jan 2021
It took six episodes for me to become invested in the characters and story. A little longer than I would like, but I'm going to stick with this anime and see where it takes me.
Feb 14, 2021 7:22 AM
Aug 2020
Great EP and with a good pace, i like how they could've died in this EP and even towards the enemies there is no mercy and the OST added to the ominous feeling. Also Kabane new powers are very interesting and its gonna be intriguing to see how far his character grows
Feb 14, 2021 7:25 AM
Aug 2020
Great EP with a nice dark pace. I like the fact that they were placed in a dangerous scenario where they could've died but this lead them to grow especially kanabe and his new powers which are interesting. Also the fact that the mosquitos very existence was erased shows how this series doesn't really have any mercy towards the characters .
Feb 14, 2021 7:41 AM
Oct 2020
Finally we got the conclusion to the Kon scene that was missing from the last episode and got to see got Inari hired as the new helper.
Friend Request?

Feb 14, 2021 7:53 AM
Jul 2009
A bit disappointed they took out the scene in the manga where

Feb 14, 2021 7:55 AM
Mar 2020
Still not yet released on the site... Geez waiting for it
Feb 14, 2021 8:07 AM

Feb 2019
Kabane’s’ red hair transformation was really cool. Glad the mosquito sisters got what was coming to them, but man it was hard to watch with those heads of theirs.

That was a really cute moment with Kabane checking Akira and Kon’s heartbeats
Feb 14, 2021 8:36 AM

Jan 2014
Can't wait to see the next few episodes, after having catching up on the manga side, I can't wait to see everyone's reactions, much like I have with this episode and what an episode it was.

Kon was precious at the end.
Feb 14, 2021 9:04 AM

Aug 2020
He's a bit confused, but he's got the spirit.
Feb 14, 2021 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
pretty decent episode, cool to see kabane got that power down.
Koshi_Inaba said:
A bit disappointed they took out the scene in the manga where

damn wonder why they did that, probably was too brutal for tv or something but that kinda sucks since it would've developed his character some more and stuff.
Feb 14, 2021 10:48 AM

Jun 2019
If I’m being honest, this series has been pretty underwhelming since the first episode. The action is not very exciting and the characters have been pretty standard. I like the potential the world offers and Kabane’s interactions with Kon, but there has been nothing special about its execution so far.
Feb 14, 2021 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
I liked how Kabane had to listen to his own heart to control his powers, and then he listened to his friends hearts just to hear that they were alive.

I think the development of Kabane has been great so far...even though it took him DAYS to go back to Kon!

Damn our little Fox Girl was waiting for him all that time.

I think judging by next weeks title Kon will live with all of them which I am happy about =)
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 14, 2021 10:59 AM
Jan 2020
A lot of things happened this episode. To start off we had a new Gitsu in, working for Inari. Then Shiki wants to know more about his parents. Then Kabane is now overprotective about his team. That mosquito squad was scary… The big sister killed the little sisters without a second thought. Dammit.
Feb 14, 2021 11:14 AM

Oct 2020
Kabane and Kon are so cute, I just really hope that Inari and Nobimaru won't use their connected to try and get Kon to steal the lifestone. Thats kinda what I gathered from that last bit with Nobimaru watching them.

Shiki is quickly becoming my favorite character. I don't know if it was intentional, but he kept saying that he "found it on the web," which is funny considering he's an arachne. I'm excited to learn more about his past and his parents.
Feb 14, 2021 11:33 AM

Oct 2014
Loving Kabane's character growth. He is becoming more and more compassionate, like when he listens to Akira and Shiki's heartbeats. I'm looking forward to the latter's development next episode. It should be interesting to see what happened to his parents and how that impacted his personality. Though he is still archetypal I bet his backstory will give him depth.

SoraSenpai said:
I liked how Kabane had to listen to his own heart to control his powers, and then he listened to his friends hearts just to hear that they were alive.

I think the development of Kabane has been great so far...even though it took him DAYS to go back to Kon!

Damn our little Fox Girl was waiting for him all that time.

I think judging by next weeks title Kon will live with all of them which I am happy about =)

I couldn't agree more, it was a good episode for Kabane. The next ep will be exciting!
Feb 14, 2021 11:34 AM
Jun 2020
I don't like the fights in general, but hey, no way, I didn't read the manga so I can't compare it, on the other hand I'll keep watching the anime to see how the relationship between Kabane and Kon progresses, they look so good together.
Feb 14, 2021 12:14 PM

Sep 2019
I felt really bad for Kon :( how could you forget about her?

It was a pretty good episode.
Feb 14, 2021 12:17 PM

Apr 2018
Heck is a Bake Gitsune
Feb 14, 2021 1:18 PM

Oct 2020
Poor Kon...when you realize that she's probably been starving for days waiting for Kabane to return and eat the fish with her. T_T

I'm glad those mosquito kemono are done and dusted because they freak me out. What's the deal with our little friend Nobimaru there when he said he doesn't like Inari. Was he trying to get Kabane to drop his guard? He seems too nice

Feb 14, 2021 2:33 PM

Jul 2020
Nobimaru is officially my favorite new character. His presence is so laid back and cool.
He really gives me a vibe that he should be in HxH.
Feb 14, 2021 4:08 PM

Jan 2020
The conversation with Kabane and Kon at the end was really cute ngl

Feb 14, 2021 6:49 PM

Jun 2015
Always love a cheeky awakening when least expecting it. I'm intrigued the the dynamic playing out between the blonde headphone kid and Kabane. He certainly wasn't telling porkies when he said he was observing him but his monolouge at the end was ominous watching the kitsune and kabane playout.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 14, 2021 7:18 PM

Jan 2011
This nightmare fueled mission is finally over had to keep reminding myself of what they did and their still monsters but it didn't help that much D:

as always poor Kon but the foreshadowing title of Bake Gitsune has me worried still

show has been totally fine nothing too stand out it's what i picture a typical 7.0 manga to be
Feb 14, 2021 8:06 PM

Jun 2013
Kabane still feeling uneasy after all that and needing to hear Shiki and Akira's heartbeats was the cutest thing TT. Also, him simply being unable to not be truthful with Kon - good kids, man.

Even I found myself struck by how efficient and proper Nobimaru is, that added flair of cheekiness is a very nice touch to his character (that and his fashion & headphones).
Feb 14, 2021 9:03 PM
Apr 2020
Gg kon might be carrying out a mission that is,try to be close with kabane?? So that she can trick him about the life stone stuff
Feb 14, 2021 9:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Mosquito trio is no more, the oldest sister was pretty ruthless too, after hearing a description of what having your guts sucked out would be like and then see it right after was kinda disturbing ngl lol. I like the new headphones guy, he’s pretty sketchy but it makes him more interesting. Kabane forgetting about Kon was pretty harsh, watching her flop out of the tree gave me a good laugh though. And after reading some posts in this thread, Kon might just still be working with Inari here, can’t wait to find out.
Feb 14, 2021 9:55 PM
Mar 2015
Aw rats He forgot about her
Feb 15, 2021 12:08 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty great episode! Well I actually learned something here, that's why we don't feel shit when mosquitos suck on our blood, they have some sort of saliva that's like an anesthetic, pretty nasty especially for them bigass mosquito kemono.

Kabane has finally learned to harness his Ghoul strength. Damn, if he was only using his human strength before, he's one strong ass human. Nobimaru is pretty interesting though, can't tell if he's an ally or nah, cheeky bastard.

I was thinking of Kon the entire time, Kabane really damn did forget about her lmao. I like that he was honest with her though. I hope the title of the next episode means Kon gonna be living with them now. Looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 15, 2021 12:15 AM

Mar 2016
Anime has taught me to be wary of cute boys who wears shorts. They're usually much more messed up than they look. And this one already looks quite messed up.

I ship Kabane with everybody!

Didn't Kabane just take one night to return to Kon? Why did Kon say he took days?

It was hilarious when the mosquito lady was looming in one scene, and the next time we see her, she was already defeated.
Feb 15, 2021 1:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dang that mosquitoes bitch, always make me vomit with their kind of design.

Fortunately, either Kabane, nor, Shiki got themself in a good timing up to awakened their truly power. The true essence of kemono, the situations that endangered their friends actually became the source of those kids power. Congratulations Kabane, good job Shiki and well, keep adorable, Akira.

Its about time that yellow hair kid showed himself up. His power kinda simple and stronger than Kon. Looks like he didn't save them without anymore thing to explain, until he did something that i can't even understand whats goin on between them. Well, guess i just let it be for a while in order to let the story itself grow by, slowly. Once again, Kabane and Kon moment always attracted my attention, while that yellow hair kitsune always kept mentioning something i don't understand.

Still, they ended it with another cliffhanger. So, yeah, its fine. Lets go to the next part!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 15, 2021 7:50 AM

Jun 2020
Omg I love the OST, it’s been so amazing!!!!

Mihai is such a mood “I can’t accept being blamed” L O L
Kabane is so cute, checking whether his dear friends are still alive lolol
And Kon!!!! Kabane not wanting to lie to her. They are too cute!

Also I feel like this is falling under the radar a little, definitely one of the hidden gems this season for me!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 15, 2021 12:12 PM

Mar 2017
Yes, Mihai is a bit of a dick for tricking the kids but he isn't wrong about the boys growing through his methods... I mean did you see Kabane's transformation?! That was so awesome and I think he'll develop even more with a nice balance of Mihai mentoring and Imugami mentoring haha

That scene where Kabane couldn't sleep until he checked on Akira and Shiki was so sweet! It was also so adorable the way he followed Shiki around after he woke up too... precious baby has friends that he loves for the first time!
Feb 15, 2021 5:08 PM

Apr 2020
Kon is so sweet, one of the best girls this season
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Feb 15, 2021 7:18 PM
Mar 2010
Since the boy is following kabane around Inagi might learn about Kon and Kabane's relationship and make her choose between them :( Or Kon gets hold hostage.
Feb 15, 2021 7:28 PM

Dec 2016
This episode wasn't appropriate to watch while eating, I had to pause eating when they where sucking off the brains...

It looks like Nobimaru might be related to Kon in some way, they look alike little.

Nobimaru is kinda sus when he said that he hates Inari. Or it could be a part of the plan to steal the lifestone.

Akira is back to being useless....
Feb 15, 2021 8:38 PM

Sep 2018
The mosquito kemono is so disgusting! I don't watch when their faces is on screen :/

Ehhh I thought this will be a date episode >,< I can't wait for next episode :D
Kabane and Kon is so wholesome duo ❤
Feb 16, 2021 2:41 AM

Oct 2009
What's "bake-gitsune"? They keep repeating this term. :|
Feb 16, 2021 3:49 AM
Jul 2009
Coranie said:
What's "bake-gitsune"? They keep repeating this term. :|

Kitsune (Fox demons) who are able to shapeshift into other beings. Inari, Kon and Nobimaru are all bake-gitsunes.

Inugami on the other hand, is a bake-danuki, tanuki who are able to shapeshift into other beings.
Feb 16, 2021 4:27 AM

Apr 2017
Really liked the episode. But the thing I like the most is the ending song. It's so beautiful.
Feb 16, 2021 8:56 AM

Jan 2021
KANLen09 said:
Welp, Shiki's trauma of scary things doesn't help in the Kemono children's infiltration of the bug business, and that's not to say of Mihai's advantage to scorn. But, a pretty good character development to overcome the most basic of fears.

I kinda like how Kabane is straightforward with his replies, despite being a human-Kemono hybrid: when Inumaki assigns a job, the job MUST be done. The challenge against the mosquito woman is a tough one, but with some advice goading from Mihai, activating Kabane's inner Kemono powers does the trick...at least for investigation purposes.

Oh? Another of Inari's kitsune subordinates Nobimaru shows up to finish the job and clear all evidence. But of course, Kabane's lifestone is still up for grabs, no other apparent reason why Inari targets Kabane for. The surprise that Nobimaru is like Kon, and despises Inari, WOAH that's dark, but unsurprising given that it's the Tanuki.

HAH the internal struggles between Inumaki and Mihai will linger for longer, but a job well done from the Kemono children for now.

The little moments between Kabane and Kon are still lovely though xD

And I wanna know the gist of Shiki's parents. Leave that to the next episode!
Wherever I go...
I see your reviews...either its a new anime or an old one :3. Though I thought they were gonna show more of Kon since it was released on valentines day :(
Feb 16, 2021 10:28 AM

Dec 2015
ugh kon, you adorable little shit...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 28, 2021

111 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 7, 2021

98 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

88 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

88 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 17, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2021

72 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 15, 11:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.