Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Eris showed up and immediately gets on the wrong foot with Rudy. That's a fiery temper unleashed with a barrage of fists to the face. I find those scenes pretty funny.

This episode was pretty tense especially when Eris got into trouble with some outsiders. However, it also goes to show that Rudy is a kindhearted guy, to risk his life to save Eris.
Feb 7, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Rudy's 5-year job travel with Ghislaine the beastwoman, and Paul's letter is quite the ire. But damn, the only time you can beat her is in bed? What a playboy and womanizer, you wise, awe-inspiring dad.

The meeting with Philip Boreas Greyrat, Roa's mayor and Paul's cousin...and especially his daughter, 3rd best girl Eris as Rudy's private tutor, NEVER EVER GIVE HER A SLAP, otherwise she turns into a mad dog. What a trauma, and quite the tsundere character.

Playing the kidnapping submission trick plan against Eris's anger management, the result itself turned out to be more cumbersome and brutal, and God bless Rudy's soul for the whence times it took him to subdue her on their way back to Roa.

Even then, the kidnapping doesn't stop and goes one step too far with Philip's servant in cahoots with the kidnappers. Rudy proves his magic to save Eris, and Ghislaine, her overwhelming skill of brutality. I'd swear that the moment Rudy's voice got muted in the background voice, it's a flashback to his past life's trauma.

With much persuasion, Eris finally gives in to being taught by Rudy, which ends on a good note.

Such a boisterous young violent lady, but she ain't called one of the series' best girls for nothing. Money can't buy dere.
KANLen09Feb 7, 2021 9:02 PM
Feb 7, 2021 7:31 AM

Jan 2021
KANLen09 said:
Rudy's travel with Ghislaine the beastwoman, and Paul's letter is quite the ire.

The meeting with Philip Boreas, Paul's uncle...and especially his daughter, 3rd best girl Eris as Rudy's private tutor, NEVER EVER GIVE HER A SLAP, otherwise she turns into a mad dog. What a trauma.

Playing the kidnapping submission trick against Eris's anger management, the result itself turned out to be more cumbersome and brutal, and God bless Rudy's soul for the whence times it took him to subdue Eris on their way back to Roa.

Even then, the kidnapping doesn't stop and goes one step too far, and Rudy proves his magic to save Eris, and Ghislaine, her overwhelming skill of brutality. I'd swear that the moment Rudy's voice got shunned in the background voice, it's a flashback to his trauma.

With much persuasion, Eris finally gives in to teaching Rudy, which ends on a good note.

Such a boisterous young violent lady, but she ain't called one of the series' best girls for nothing.

You somehow wrote all that in the 30 seconds span after the thread is created?
Feb 7, 2021 7:32 AM

Oct 2017
Finally the third heroine aka Eris makes her appearance. My first impression of her is honestly kinda ehh. Thou I've heard really great things about her lol so welp we'll see I guess. Also she's proly gonna grow on me as the series progresses cause I did find her quite amusing.

That Ghislaine action animation was sick af, gave me chills ngl. Also good for Rudeus, he got his first job.
MegamiRemFeb 10, 2021 5:26 AM
Feb 7, 2021 8:06 AM

Aug 2020
MegamiRem said:
Finally the third heroine aka Eris makes her appearance. My first impression of her is honestly kinda ehh. Thou I've heard really great things about her lol so welp we'll see I guess.
very great things to come😏
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Feb 7, 2021 8:06 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Fuck, if only this had showed up hours ago I could have enjoyed some Eris quality time, punching Rudeous around, while having a nice lunch!

Guess it will need to wait for dinner time.

For those on the fence about Eris, give it a few episodes before you surrender yourself to her qualities as best girl, soon you will forget Sylphy and Roxy!

EDIT:

Lovely episode,

And even better-fighting animation this episode, wtf.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeFeb 7, 2021 1:53 PM
Feb 7, 2021 8:08 AM

Apr 2020
New character, Eris!

This is the first time Rudy meets Eris, but Rudy has already been slapped by Eris lol, and damn, Ghislaine is very fast

The fireworks are really good

It seemed Rudy was very shocked when he saw someone die in front of him
Feb 7, 2021 8:17 AM

Feb 2019
Mushoku Sunday’s here... And of course Funimation uploads the wrong file so I can’t even watch yet, 🤦🏽‍♂️

Ok finally got to watch the episode. Best girl is finally here. It adapted exactly what I thought it would. About the first 80 pages or so of volume 2. The animation during Ghislaine saving Rudy and Eris was amazing. Really good setup episode for what’s to come.
Marinate1016Feb 7, 2021 9:50 AM
Feb 7, 2021 8:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So many fights and blood in this episode, it was more violent than what I expected.
Again, a new girl for Rudy, Eris' personality is... xD maybe a bit too angry and violent, but well she's already accepting him
Feb 7, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2019
Eris pads her chest- no wait, wrong anime.

This was one hell of an interview for Rudeus' first job.

I feel he had never seen a dead body or someone killed in front of him until now, hence his reaction.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Feb 7, 2021 8:33 AM

Jul 2015
The studio didn't tone down the gore. Rudeus got his first experience how harsh is the outside world. PSTD

Feb 7, 2021 8:34 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again, this is really turning out to be one of the best isekai's I've seen.

Paul's letter was hilarious, I love how Ghislaine wanted Rudy to send the letter back to Zenith and I really hope he does, I so want to see her reaction.

Eris is quite the feisty and violent one, I definitely was not expecting her to go completely berserk after Rudy gave her taste of her own medicine.

It was an interesting plan but when the focused on the butler guy, I was suspicious if everything would go to plan and it turn out way worse than expected. It's a good thing Rudy kept his cool and also managed to show Eris how important studying would be.
The fight sequences are awesome as always, love how they animate all of Rudy's spells and the cuts with Ghislaine running across roofs was awesome. Also mega props to "Money can't buy the dere".

Looks Eris took a liking to Rudy, very curious how this is all gonna turn out and just how long these 5 years will be in terms of episodes. 5 years without Sylphie is gonna be rough though. :(
Feb 7, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2019
AdrianRubinsky said:
The studio didn't tone down the gore. Rudeus got his first experience how harsh is the outside world. PSTD

Feb 7, 2021 8:42 AM

Jun 2020
Bomb episode, really loved the sense of tension in this one. I feel like Eris might grow on me, but she needs to fix her attitude lmao.

Still dying at the scene where Rudy is furiously winking at the kidnapper before he proceeds to whack Eris lmao
This anime shit is addictive
Feb 7, 2021 8:42 AM
Oct 2016
Talk about a crazy episode! Eris has now been introduced! We've got all three leading ladies of Mushoku animated after all this time! It's a good day. Eris the definition of a firecracker, shes full stop knocking your lights out. Rudy has his hands full tutoring a girl like that who's gonna give him tons of trouble. Even in their first time meeting she's beating him to a pulp no problem. The girl is bonkers but she's awesome too. That attitude is exactly what makes her so awesome. Rudy being mischievous trying to scare Eris with that fake abduction followed by his heroic and astonishing rescue. Well lets just say things didn't go that smoothly.

In an event that I'm sure haters will latch onto immediately as a scorn on the show, Rudy plan to scare Eris some she'll actually study does not go well. Eris gets the shit beat out of her, to a bloody mess, while Rudy is shocked and trying to figure out why this guy is taking it so far. He slowly figures out this isn't his plan anymore but still applies some tough love to Eris making her promise not to cause a fuss if he heals her fully. I'm sure some will say that was mean of him but she kinda needed to realize brute strength won't solve everything. She needs to study and learn to be able to survive many situations. Luckily for them both Ghislaine showed up after the second nabbing of Eris to slice some dudes heads off. Crazy scene I loved that moment when the screen faded color with her slash then it popped back in afterwards. Animation looked great for Ghislaine and for Rudy magic. He's got his first job now
Feb 7, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2019
Ok this was probably the best episode yet. Rudeus is finally understanding that maybe a medieval world with swords and magic might not be as peaceful as he once thought. And we finally get best girl, yes she is quite the monster at the start, but she really grows later on.
Oh and this was probably the best animated episode too, which is interesting as this episode was actually solo key animated by hiroyuki takashima (he did the water explosion in episode 1), this guy is amazing, huge respect for the guy. The compositing was also quite nice.
Feb 7, 2021 8:46 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode again.

One of the best girls, the one and only, Eris is here. She really is violent and the way the studio did it really well.

Ghislaine was a beast, the way she was runny across roofs and the way she killed those two guys.

Feb 7, 2021 8:50 AM
Apr 2016
As a LN reader, I must say I'm slightly dissapointed... The animation and the music is pretty, but the way the adapt the story could be so much better...

The world and the overall setting is so meticulously and nicely described in the LN, but the anime just omits most of the things and is more like a rundown of the most important things in the story
Feb 7, 2021 8:50 AM

Jun 2014
Gotta love the votes for this episode.
Right now 25 gave it a 5 and 2 gave it a 1.

Anyways really good episode to introduce Eris.
Feb 7, 2021 8:52 AM

Apr 2016
VP2003boi said:
AdrianRubinsky said:

Feb 7, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2017
i'd say it was solid episode. Can't really shake off the feeling it's missing something crucial though
Feb 7, 2021 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
I hate Eris so much introduction wise atleast. Visually this episode looked good and the gore was retained pretty well but meh, this one bored me a lot. Felt the previous couple were better than this, although that's a very, very, very low bar.
Feb 7, 2021 8:58 AM

Jan 2021
ByonKun said:
Gotta love the votes for this episode.
Right now 25 gave it a 5 and 2 gave it a 1.

Anyways really good episode to introduce Eris.

Haters gonna hate.
Feb 7, 2021 8:59 AM

Jul 2019
Blank_X said:
VP2003boi said:

Feb 7, 2021 8:59 AM
Feb 2020
This just keeps getting better and better and the animation is just perfect 🐐
Feb 7, 2021 9:00 AM

May 2016
That was absolutely incredible the amount of detail and effort put in this is insane.
Feb 7, 2021 9:01 AM

Jun 2019
Eris is here. She's a violent one the first time she saw Rudy.
Also, Ghislaine is too OP. Holy smokes the animation sequence was too good. Great episode. Pretty action packed.
Feb 7, 2021 9:01 AM

Jan 2021
VP2003boi said:
Blank_X said:

Feb 7, 2021 9:02 AM
Aug 2020
One thing i can say is that the plan was good but the betrayal seemed obvious
Feb 7, 2021 9:03 AM
Aug 2017
That was fucking amazing
Feb 7, 2021 9:04 AM

Dec 2020
Paul is that one Harem protagonist that actually fucked his Harem.
Feb 7, 2021 9:04 AM
Aug 2017
IshnRwt said:
One thing i can say is that the plan was good but the betrayal seemed obvious

Of course, it supposed to be obvious for the watchers because it's purpose was just for Eris to accept Rudeus.
Feb 7, 2021 9:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Strongest episode so far, that was epic.
Feb 7, 2021 9:11 AM

Apr 2019
holy FUCK Ghislaine's scene was so fucking cool.

Feb 7, 2021 9:13 AM

Aug 2018
The Animation of Fireworks was so amazing 😍
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"

Jul 2015
Damn that was a really great episode, Eris (at least so far since I don't know her enough) is pretty far from my type of girl, but I like how she showed appreciation (her own way) to Rudy for all the help he gave her, looks like Rudy's plan went really really wrong due to the people in charge of it, christ.

Ghislaine's attack was freaking sick, I know it's the classic lightning fast strike, but the animation of it was fantastic, the moments right after with Rudy brutally shocked and with his ears ringing were very intense, this is indeed not a game and he understood better than ever than his life could end at any moment.

I appreciate that this series openly shows the more brutal side to everything as well, Eris' broken teeth and all the blood after she got beat up hurt to see but showed that those dudes weren't joking at all.

May 2020
damnnn that was amazing, this shit keeps getting better n better ngl

Jan 2013
Well this is headed down the path of garbage.
Feb 7, 2021 9:14 AM
Apr 2016
VP2003boi said:
Blank_X said:

Feb 7, 2021 9:15 AM

Jan 2021
On a side note, I love the OP, but I don't want to see it at all.

All episodes should be like this, every bit of screen time is appreciated.
Feb 7, 2021 9:17 AM
Nov 2020
Eris is annoying as fuuuuuuuuuk, kinda ruining the show for me atm :/
Feb 7, 2021 9:18 AM

Jan 2017
Does someone know if Studio Bind hired some talents from other studios? Because as the 1st anime of brand new studio there are absolutely killing it, that Ghislaine's scene was so f* well made!

NGL, that kick in the balls "Edward Elric style" made me laugh so hard.

This might become my new favourite isekai ever, I hope that we will get S2 fast because just 11 episodes are not enough!
Feb 7, 2021 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
It's so good... :')

With the exception of the 3D horses.
Feb 7, 2021 9:19 AM
May 2016
Dudi4PoLFr said:
Does someone know if Studio Bind hired some talents from other studios? Because as the 1st anime of brand new studio there are absolutely killing it, that Ghislaine's scene was so f* well make!

This might become my new favourite isekai ever, I hope that we will get S2 fast because just 11 episodes are not enough!

as far as i know
they also hiring ex-white fox staff animation that doing best work for Rezero at season 1
Feb 7, 2021 9:20 AM

Apr 2014
My GAAWWWDDD does the production kick ass in this show. It suck I'm really not into the story but man the artist/animators really brought their a-game with this one
MiiyoSonFeb 7, 2021 9:30 AM
Feb 7, 2021 9:21 AM
Aug 2017
Definitely the weakest episode till now. It was kinda meh, kinda good.
Feb 7, 2021 9:22 AM

Aug 2019
Great! We got ourselves a tsundere! Jobless dude ain't jobless now XD.
Feb 7, 2021 9:23 AM

Jan 2021
Dudi4PoLFr said:
Does someone know if Studio Bind hired some talents from other studios? Because as the 1st anime of brand new studio there are absolutely killing it, that Ghislaine's scene was so f* well make!

They are created specifically to create Mushoku Tensei, with big names and all. The author has been holding off adapting because he don't want his work to be ruined, so you know the quality when he actually gave the nod.

Also this is part 1 of season 1, part 2 will come out in Summer 2021 with 12 episodes.
Feb 7, 2021 9:23 AM
Apr 2016
AdrianRubinsky said:

They did, Eris was supposed to be vomiting blood there
Feb 7, 2021 9:25 AM

Oct 2018
Five episodes in and it still baffles me how good the animation is for an isekai. It should be illegal.

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 24

23 by R0r5ch4ch »»
Yesterday, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

467 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

229 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

336 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

439 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.