Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 29, 2021 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
Is this metroid? From Crateria to Brinstar and then Norfair.
Jan 29, 2021 12:20 PM
May 2020
VP2003boi said:
mcbignuts said:
Let's not beat around the bush, the CG was fucking terrible.

Now I have not read that far in the LN but I have caught up with the manga. Now you are free to disagree with me here but the adaptation seems to be missing the point of this kind of story. This is progression fantasy, where the driving element of the narrative is the acquisition of power through things like level-ups and new abilities. I didn't enjoy the story because of how quirky Kumoko is or the promise of having a plot at some point but because I wanted to see her gain new abilities and takedown new enemies. The anime seems to be speedrunning these aspects in favor of getting to what I assume is the plot later on. The problem is that if you disregard the power acquisition aspect of the story, you aren't really left with much. There is barely any worldbuilding with substance, we got a cave on one end and a school on the other, characters are about as deep as a thimble, and the plot is still hiding. Now as LN readers will probably point out, all these things are probably introduced later, but coming from a pure anime perspective, having gone 4 episodes and still having this little to show for it is pretty weak.

Even ignoring all the technical issues around the animation and directing itself, right now all that is left is a progression fantasy where we skip over all the actual progression. There might be a plot later on that redeems all this but for now, it just feels kinda pointless.
I disagree, mostly because an anime about getting skills like the manga (and especially the light novel ) would probably not work. Mostly because it would have been far slower paced and that would not work in an anime, dont get me wrong, its already very fast paced, but if they went and showed every single thing she did to gain those skills, it would have been FAR more tedious. And although i can see why people would like this because of the gaining skills aspect, and i actually mostly like it because of kumoko, although im mostly in the minority.

No, I totally agree with you on that it would not be very slow going if the pacing was the same as in the LN/Manga. The problem I have is that without the skill acquisition the story just feels empty, they stripped the only redeeming quality it had this early. Now according to the LN readers, there should be some plot coming up soon, so hopefully, it will change.

Jan 29, 2021 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
damn, this was a pretty nice episode. that battle was really intense, kumoko's getting pretty strong. lava thing looks cool too, looking forward to the next episodes.
Jan 29, 2021 12:39 PM

May 2014
mcbignuts said:
VP2003boi said:
I disagree, mostly because an anime about getting skills like the manga (and especially the light novel ) would probably not work. Mostly because it would have been far slower paced and that would not work in an anime, dont get me wrong, its already very fast paced, but if they went and showed every single thing she did to gain those skills, it would have been FAR more tedious. And although i can see why people would like this because of the gaining skills aspect, and i actually mostly like it because of kumoko, although im mostly in the minority.

No, I totally agree with you on that it would not be very slow going if the pacing was the same as in the LN/Manga. The problem I have is that without the skill acquisition the story just feels empty, they stripped the only redeeming quality it had this early. Now according to the LN readers, there should be some plot coming up soon, so hopefully, it will change.

You said in the other thread that you have read the first 3 volumes of the LN, so you should know what is coming up. We won't get past that point for a while.
Jan 29, 2021 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
astralkill00 said:
I was mostly disappointed. If you ask why, they didn't portray
. There were quite many things Kumoko thought of in the Manga, many dialogues that would make you truly understand how her character works but wasn't animated or even given meaning to her actions. Its like a slapdash animation and this was
. Its ruining the full potential of the story.

mcbignuts said:
Let's not beat around the bush, the CG was fucking terrible.

Now I have not read that far in the LN but I have caught up with the manga. Now you are free to disagree with me here but the adaptation seems to be missing the point of this kind of story. This is progression fantasy, where the driving element of the narrative is the acquisition of power through things like level-ups and new abilities. I didn't enjoy the story because of how quirky Kumoko is or the promise of having a plot at some point but because I wanted to see her gain new abilities and takedown new enemies. The anime seems to be speedrunning these aspects in favor of getting to what I assume is the plot later on. The problem is that if you disregard the power acquisition aspect of the story, you aren't really left with much. There is barely any worldbuilding with substance, we got a cave on one end and a school on the other, characters are about as deep as a thimble, and the plot is still hiding. Now as LN readers will probably point out, all these things are probably introduced later, but coming from a pure anime perspective, having gone 4 episodes and still having this little to show for it is pretty weak.

Even ignoring all the technical issues around the animation and directing itself, right now all that is left is a progression fantasy where we skip over all the actual progression. There might be a plot later on that redeems all this but for now, it just feels kinda pointless.

I totally agree. On the part of story telling the progress of power acquisition was ignored. I am deeply disappointed on the project at this point.

This episode was boring as hell and the show keeps pissing me off it's just basically her episode after episode lucking into killing things or lucking into getting a level up just before she dies! I mean hell she almost died 3 times in EP 4 and if it wasn't for her accidentally pulling a cave wall down to smash monkeys......SHE'D BE DEAD.
Also she has all these magic skills and other skills and doesn't even try use them...."hey I got poison magic meh fuck it, lets forget about it"....huh you could at least try to use it what's the fucking harm and it might save your life!
Then I read your comment about how in the manga and stuff they actually show her brilliance and her working out how she's able to use her imagination and smarts to figure everything out and fight and survive.......damn maybe I should just read manga then.

And if anything, they have made the other reincarnated humans and stuff more interesting than her. I thought this show was about her, like half the show has been about them and there leveling up and back story. and their stuff has actually been kind of interesting like fighting dragons and going to school and training.
With her it's just like lucked into accidentally shooting a frog with web and it died before I did weeee! Lucked into the thing that was about to kill me get eaten by another thing! Lucked into the thing that was about to kill me didn't kill me cuz I leveled up right at that moment!

The other guy made Good points about the world building and character building and The show's progression. At this point I could give a shit about this spider and whatever fucking cave she is in.
I've gotten more out of the side characters and what they're going through. I have one reincarnated chick that's going crazy thinking God's talking to her, I have one reincarnated dude that's in a woman's body, how the hell did he deal with that drastic change. I have one asshole reincarnated guy turn into a crown prince so now he's become an asshole on an ego trip. I have an adult female teacher that's now a loli elf. I have a bully bitch who's now a dragon. I have a brocon sister. I have a reincarnated MC with a yandere sister he needs to bang, who also needs to bang his best friend who's in a chick's body, while banging a former gyaru Earth dragon and former sensei loli elf!
Just give me their story, that's how I feel now after seeing four episodes so far cut out the spider

I wasn't going to watch this in the first place when I saw the previews before this season started because it looked and sounded stoop. But I gave it a chance and now I think should have listened to my gut and just skipped this.
Collins89Jan 29, 2021 1:06 PM
Jan 29, 2021 1:06 PM
Sep 2020
Collins89 said:
astralkill00 said:
I was mostly disappointed. If you ask why, they didn't portray
. There were quite many things Kumoko thought of in the Manga, many dialogues that would make you truly understand how her character works but wasn't animated or even given meaning to her actions. Its like a slapdash animation and this was
. Its ruining the full potential of the story.

I totally agree. On the part of story telling the progress of power acquisition was ignored. I am deeply disappointed on the project at this point.

This episode was boring as hell and the show keeps pissing me off it's just basically her episode after episode lucking into killing things or lucking into getting a level up just before she dies! I mean hell she almost died 3 times in EP 4 and if it wasn't for her accidentally pulling a cave wall down to smash monkeys......SHE'D BE DEAD.
Also she has all these magic skills and other skills and doesn't even try use them...."hey I got poison magic meh fuck it, lets forget about it"....huh you could at least try to use it what's the fucking harm and it might save your life!
Then I read your comment about how in the manga and stuff they actually show her brilliance and her working out how she's able to use her imagination and smarts to figure everything out and fight and survive.......damn maybe I should just read manga then.

And if anything, they have made the other reincarnated humans and stuff more interesting than her. I thought this show was about her, like half the show has been about them and there leveling up and back story. and their stuff has actually been kind of interesting like fighting dragons and going to school and training.
With her it's just like lucked into accidentally shooting a frog with web and it died before I did weeee! Lucked into the thing that was about to kill me get eaten by another thing! Lucked into the thing that was about to kill me didn't kill me cuz I leveled up right at that moment!

I wasn't going to watch this in the first place when I saw the previews before this season started because it looked and sounded stoop. But I gave it a chance and now I think should have listened to my gut and just skipped this.
1. She didn't "accidently" pull down the webs on the cave wall down, she did it on purpose.

2. She doesn't know how to use the magic and she even tried to.

3. Read the light novels not the manga, the manga skips like 40% of the story (including the classmates perspectives and several other things important to the plot)
Jan 29, 2021 1:14 PM

Oct 2013
HoloKill said:
Collins89 said:

1. She didn't "accidently" pull down the webs on the cave wall down, she did it on purpose.

2. She doesn't know how to use the magic and she even tried to.

3. Read the light novels not the manga, the manga skips like 40% of the story (including the classmates perspectives and several other things important to the plot)

See I went back and am looking at it now, and this is probably my problem with the show. It doesn't give any real hint that she's doing this stuff on purpose.

So #1 she did it on purpose, all it has in this anime I'm looking at right now. Is her shooting across the wall with web a couple monkeys jump up that get hit with her web and she gets flung around the rock which the monkeys get tied to with her web and as she's falling down she yells Fall! So besides her yelling fall, hoping it will. There's really no hint that that was her intention purpose or anything other than dumb luck.

Now #2 Yeah it showed her trying to use taboo magic in the first episode she gave it one try by just doing some stupid magical girl moves...ok not really a lot of effort.
And even if I say yes she tried taboo magic and it didn't work..... This is poison magic could be completely different magics as far as I know, this show doesn't give much in terms of depth. So if it was me and I tried taboo magic like she did and it didn't work, I would still try using poison magic just in case I was able to get that to work since she's a poisonous spider. Which taboo magic might require something completely different.

#3 thanks for the info, I'll do a little research into both and see which one sounds more for me. But I like the feed back!
Jan 29, 2021 1:24 PM

Jun 2016
Yuuki Aoi does this show by herself, she's a top tier seiyuu, love her.
By the way this series is very fascinating, I can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 29, 2021 1:28 PM
Dec 2020
The CGI quality on this episode seemed especially poor so far i feel like it’s been alright however this episode was very noticeable it looks like a pokemon game.
Jan 29, 2021 1:44 PM

Jan 2020
Kong the Army vs. Kumo-chan lol ... Those monkeys were vengeful, did kumo-chan kill the boss's son or why so much hatred for her? Too vengeful for a single spider, she already said it ...

The level ups ... as far as I know much of the beginning in the LN is based on kumo fighting monsters, it would be great if something like "I have been locked in this cave for 3 months fighting against all kinds of monsters "or something like that to emphasize the time and effort, it is obvious that you cannot spend the entire anime killing monsters and leveling up but you should not skip the details, hopefully they improve that aspect, so far this anime is going well My opinion, Yui is giving it her all!

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jan 29, 2021 1:49 PM
Jul 2019
This is almost like Kingdom season 1 in that I'm really enjoying the characters and story, but the CGI is absolutely testing the limits of what I can stand to watch.
Jan 29, 2021 2:15 PM

Apr 2015
That's some weird ass looking monkeys. Atleast the upgraded ones looked better.
Jan 29, 2021 2:30 PM
Mar 2019
It says 24 episodes :0
Jan 29, 2021 2:43 PM

Oct 2007
really enjoyed the fight. Levelling up just in time to survive. Scary monkeys.

time for the lava area. Looking forward to next week! :)

sweet, no isekai'd teenagers this time. without saying spoilers.. Currently on chapter 238+ of the novel. And my impression on Shun and friends still has not changed, always the boring angsty isekai'd teenagers. Always feels like I'm getting eyes tired reading chapters dedicated to them, for no payoff at all. Enjoyment is subjective.. some people may find Shun and friends entertaining, and I don't object to that.
Jan 29, 2021 2:56 PM

Jul 2017
Everything looked so great in the novels.. who in their right mind would think these abominations were a good idea?! I disliked the CGI look of Kumoko at first. But given some time I can get used to it. However, these monkeys are just too awful to look at. They remind me of those clapping monkey toys.
Hopefully the monster designs don't go further down hill from here. But we must've hit CGI rock bottom by now right? Perhaps they could spend a little more time on the next monsters instead of Shun & Co.

I'm still happy the story was turned into an anime. But the CGI is really starting to ruin it for me.
Jan 29, 2021 3:21 PM

Jan 2020
Pretty good adaptation of the monkey fight, wish they had shown more of kumoko's status during the fight to bring more immersion into the fight.
Jan 29, 2021 3:22 PM

Aug 2017
I really don't see why people think this CG is so bad. feels like a case of "CG is bad because it's CG."
Jan 29, 2021 4:18 PM

Nov 2017
I don't really care about how the CGI looked,since I'm watching this for the story,and for Kumoko,and so far it hasn't really disappointed me at all.
I mean,the CGI in Overlord Season 3 was a lot worse,and I still enjoyed it.
EX-Arms though,thats another story :)
And I can't remember if I've said it before,but the music in this show is top notch.At first I wasn't too sure about the OP/ED themes,but hell,they've grown on me a lot!
Jan 29, 2021 5:04 PM

Jan 2020
Tbh I actually prefer the students over kumoko so I thought this was meh. The horrible cgi didn't help my experience at all either.

Jan 29, 2021 6:07 PM
Apr 2020
Whoa! She really defeated a pack of monkeys! Her fighting spirit is superb! lol

Jan 29, 2021 6:28 PM
Mar 2015
She levered up faster than the monkeys did
Jan 29, 2021 8:27 PM

Mar 2019
Finally.... the first GREAT Episode of the series...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 29, 2021 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
Kumoko's perseverance and optimism is so inspiring.
Jan 29, 2021 8:58 PM
Dec 2017
Beatrice-KF said:
I can't believe we are at episode 4 and still doing boring RPG jerking instead of starting the plot.

It's called "Prolonged Prologue", Volumes 1-3 (4 depending to some people) is the prologue of the story. But the plot start in volume 2, so it should be 1 or 2 next episodes at most.
Volume 1 in entirely about knowing Kumoko and (unfortunatelly) the other studnets.

Also WTF is wrong with the comments above, the CGI is shit, this barely reaches what we could do 20 years ago.

I agree with you, the monkeys CG was really bad.
Jan 29, 2021 9:01 PM
Dec 2017
Chanbara said:
1 How do reincarnated people meet and find each other?

Yes, this should be explained later but everything is sensei's doing.
2 Will she meet her classmates in these 24 episodes?

and Yes.
Jan 29, 2021 9:06 PM
Dec 2020
Jakeyzor2 said:
Sai_ddy said:
to be honest I liked this ep more than the other eps (even though i gave it 3/5) because this time it was only kumoko's story and not some random ass people's story. plus it had the feel that the manga, even though their animation isn't good and they didn't stick to the original story which in turn result in feeling no emotion at all when kumoko won for the first time instead running away.

honestly they should stick to the manga, which nailed in projection of emotion that kumoko felt to the reader

This attitude irritates me, because the manga is leaving out a lot of important content from the Light Novel. I agree that the CG is kinda laughable, but Shun, Katia, Fei and the other humans are a full half of the story in the light novel, and this adaptation seems to be of that side of things, which tbh, is for the best, even despite it's animation.

hey dude all I am saying is that the pacing of the story in the anime sucks to the core and I am sorry if I have " irritated" you by my "attitude" its just that I have read only the manga and from what I have read the manga nails the pacing and gives a feel of hopelessness during the war with the monkeys which the anime did not do. I just wish they would have taken at least 2 eps for this war
Jan 29, 2021 9:35 PM
Dec 2017
Collins89 said:

Remember the magic trainning from last episode.
You need the "Magic Power Perception" and "Magic Power Operation" skills to use any Magic-type skill. And about why she hasn't tried to use magic again, that's a cut scene.
She actually has another Magic skill (Shadow Magic) that she also tried to use and failed.

damn maybe I should just read manga then.

The problem with the manga is that it was able to adapt everything in Kumo side because it dropped out Shun side entirely, but as a downside the manga pace is horribly slow. The manga has been out for almost 5 years and is barely touching the Post Labyrinth Arcs even when is skipping Shun side which by the momment Kumo gets out of the Labyrinth the information in Shun side is vital for the plot.
The manga is almost 100 chapters long while is barely starting the first Post Labyrinth Arc.

Actually this just happen in the Lower Stratum. Kumoko is able to level up so fast because she's killing monster above her tier.
Kumoko is still in a Low Tier evolution which means that her Max Level is 10. The Monkeys in other hand are at least Mid Tier which means that their levels can go from 1 to 20.
This actually becomes a problem in the next area because (small spoiler but I don't want to make mad the mods)

At this point I could give a shit about this spider and whatever fucking cave she is in.

She's inside the Great Elroe Labyrinth, an underwater dungeon that connects 2 continents (so it's pretty fucking big).

I have a brocon sister. I have a reincarnated MC with a yandere sister he needs to bang

For your security don't stick it in a crazy chick. Believe me that shit won't end fine.

while banging a former gyaru Earth dragon

Don't bang the dragon, you don't know what diseases she may have.

Just give me their story, that's how I feel now after seeing four episodes so far cut out the spider

At most in the next 2 episodes most likely the plot will start.
Jan 29, 2021 9:57 PM
Dec 2017
So i'm going to post the stats screen that Kumoko has before the monkey fight. The anime skipped some parts where she get some skills and tittles that she actually used in this episode (like stealth)

Small Taratect Lv3 Skill Points: 0 Nameless

Status
HP: 38
MP: 38
Yellow SP: 38
Red SP: 38
Average Offense Ability: 21
Average Defense Ability: 21
Average Magic Ability: 19
Average Resistance Ability: 19
Average Speed Ability: 369

Skills:
<HP Auto-Recovery Lv2> <Strenght Lv2> <Solidity Lv2> <Skanda Lv2> <Poison Fang Lv8> <Poison Synthesis Lv1> <Spider Thread Lv8> <Thread Control Lv5> <Concentration Lv1> <Hit Lv1> <Appraisal Lv7> <Detection Lv3> <Heretic Magic Lv2> <Shadow Magic Lv1> <Poison Magic Lv1> <Poison Resistance Lv7> <Paralysis Resistance Lv3> <Petrification Resistance Lv2> <Acid Reistance Lv3> <Rot Resistance Lv3> <Fear Resistance Lv5> <Pain Nullification> <Pain Mitigation Lv5> <Throw Lv1> <Stealth Lv5> <Night Vision Lv10> <Vision Expansion Lv1> <Overeating Lv3> <Taboo Lv2> <n% I = W>

Tittles:
<Foul Feeder> <Kin Eater> <Assassin> <Monster Slayer> <Poison Master> <Thread User>

Skills Obtained by Tittle:
- Foul Feeder: Poison Resistance Lv1 & Rot Resistance Lv1
- Kin Eater: Taboo Lv1 & Heretic Magic Lv1
- Assassin: Stealth Lv1 & Shadow Magic Lv1
- Poison Technique User: Poison Sysnthesis Lv1 & Poison Magic Lv1

btw unless the anime also skip that I'm not goint to post what the skills and tittles actually do.
linkhuesitosJan 29, 2021 10:01 PM
Jan 29, 2021 10:06 PM
Jan 2021
Sai_ddy said:
Jakeyzor2 said:

This attitude irritates me, because the manga is leaving out a lot of important content from the Light Novel. I agree that the CG is kinda laughable, but Shun, Katia, Fei and the other humans are a full half of the story in the light novel, and this adaptation seems to be of that side of things, which tbh, is for the best, even despite it's animation.

hey dude all I am saying is that the pacing of the story in the anime sucks to the core and I am sorry if I have " irritated" you by my "attitude" its just that I have read only the manga and from what I have read the manga nails the pacing and gives a feel of hopelessness during the war with the monkeys which the anime did not do. I just wish they would have taken at least 2 eps for this war

I agree with you about the pacing issues, in the anime for sure. Not defending the anime tbh, think it's easily the worst of the 3 versions of the story, but the "random ass people" aren't really what killed he pacing.
Honestly, to highlight the helplessness of this battle, maybe they cut away after the bagragratches show up, away to the aftermath of the Earth wyrm battle and use the next episode to highlight that second half of the battle. That way you have raised tension, and uncertainty.
If you're interested in getting the full story of Spider, I really do recommend the light novel. If you're not really a LN reader, that's totally fine too, but I'm on 5 out of 10 rn, and it is awesome
Jan 29, 2021 10:08 PM
Jan 2021
ManWild said:
Tbh I actually prefer the students over kumoko so I thought this was meh. The horrible cgi didn't help my experience at all either.

You should check out the light novel. A big point in their favor is the full story with no dog shit CG
Jan 29, 2021 11:48 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice! Kumoko is now level 10!
she should evolve already instead of getting roast by lava!
5/5.

Jan 30, 2021 12:32 AM

May 2012
Does this anime get better ?? I don't want to judge 24 episode anime from just 4 episodes but so far this anime feel average. Also, the part the focus on the spider is boring. Noting happened in this episode other than spider leveling up. No story so far
Jan 30, 2021 12:55 AM
Jun 2020
I am very disappointed in the quality of this anime. The manga was great and is in fact one of my favourites to read, however, this anime does not even come close to doing its source material justice. The animation is sloppy, I have had stiff beers limper than Alba's walking, the cuts between the battle scenes are disorienting with no coherency, the skills feel unearned because there is no struggle (just deus ex machinas all the way), the attack animations are never shown to their conclusions (ex. throws web cuts to the creature being coated in web), no good sakuga, and there are many other negatives, the biggest are as follows:

- They waste time developing that weird "magic school" angle which is not only highly unnecessary but detracts time that could be used to show the Spider Girl's growth and battle skills
- The CGI, while initially charming, quickly becomes a nuisance as it does not mesh with the somewhat passable hand-drawn 2D art of (the monsters look like ass, and Spider-Girl looks like a Looney Toons character most of the time)
- The passing is terrible and there is no payoff to the fights (ex. we begin episode 4 with a very stiff Alba who just walks away (?), not like the source material, then flashback to that same scene at the end of the episode as if it were somehow traumatizing to Spider-Girl)
- The battle with the monkeys, one of the most defining events of the first arc, is not only concluded in a single episode but done so in a very dissatisfying way. There is no coherency to the fight, the monsters look like someone hit copy-paste 100 times, the battle scenes are sloppy and poorly executed (a reference to how she gets ripped in half and somehow doesn't die, but the monkey's die from her bug bite(?))
- The victory at the end feels unearned and frankly hollow as she had the deus ex machina known as the WRITERS ROOM on her side the entire time

In conclusion, I am very disappointed with this show. It betrays its source material, adds a completely unnecessary magic school element, and utilizes the equivalent of a poor man's CGI style. (3/10 show at best)
Jan 30, 2021 12:58 AM
Dec 2017
thepath said:
Does this anime get better ?? I don't want to judge 24 episode anime from just 4 episodes but so far this anime feel average. Also, the part the focus on the spider is boring. Noting happened in this episode other than spider leveling up. No story so far

The novel use technique called "Prolonged Prologue", the whole volume 1 is just introduction to the characters. Volume 2 is when the plot start.
Jan 30, 2021 1:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like stealth is the only option available for our cute mc. Damm must be tough finding out that you're in a ultra high level area at such a low level. Using a school to showcase the new monsters as a gang sure was pretty creative. Those snails sure were a nasty surprise. But at least she got luck in the next encounter that finally allowed her to gain magic. That monkey fight though was pretty amusing. But man the attack of the monkeys after sure was a unexpected trial and introducing a rare siege as well. Though a long gruelling fight the mc's tenacity really served to allow her to achieve a impressive victory against the horde of monkeys. Overall a pretty action packed ep that combined excellent and brutal combat with excellent tension in the form of the monkey siege and allowing her to level up once more. Looks like next stage is a lava stage for her though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2021 1:43 AM

Apr 2020
This episode was pretty metal, I liked it a lot. The CGI didn't bother me as much as it did last episode. I think it was alright.
Jan 30, 2021 1:59 AM

Apr 2018
Awesome episode, it was intense watching her fighting the monkeys.

Especially the 3 evolved looking ones, those were nutty.
Jan 30, 2021 2:52 AM

Oct 2017
She's basically an one woman army, attagirl.
Jan 30, 2021 3:05 AM

Mar 2017

Poison puddle makes a little spider happy
Jan 30, 2021 3:55 AM

Aug 2017
igiem said:
The manga was great and is in fact one of my favourites to read, however, this anime does not even come close to doing its source material justice.

It betrays its source material, adds a completely unnecessary magic school element, and utilizes the equivalent of a poor man's CGI style. (3/10 show at best)

the manga doesn't do the source material justice. nearly half of volumes 1-6 are not told from Kumoko's pov, 1-5 being from Shun's and 6 being from another character's.
Jan 30, 2021 4:55 AM
Mar 2015
Epic but to much cgi
Jan 30, 2021 5:46 AM

Aug 2020
Kumoko is one unlucky spider.
Jan 30, 2021 6:35 AM
May 2019
Amazing episode!

The CG was pretty obvious at some points, but I don't care, it matches the anime and doesn't make it any worse. The spider's animation was flawless.
Jan 30, 2021 7:09 AM

Jul 2014
EX-Arm aside, this must be the show with the absolute worst CG of the season. Hell, the CG on these monsters is at least as bad as the infamous Berserk 2016, if not worse. And when half your anime is based on survival fight scenes against these CG monstrosities, it does a considerable job of ruining the show. The generally poor directing and comically poor writing does the rest of the job there, though.

I regret the time I spent watching this shitty isekai, and I don't know why I ever expected anything else from it than that.
Jan 30, 2021 8:24 AM

Oct 2016
Gaddamn holy shit, that episode was intense. A whole episode of Kumoko just surviving, very nice. Taking advantage of levelling up is pretty smart, I am assuming the next evolution is going to be that spiky spider we see in the ED and I assume it's going to be resistant to the lava and stuff. Looking forward to the next episode,
Jan 30, 2021 9:40 AM

Sep 2011
Man if Aoi Yuuki was not carrying this whole shitty show on her back I would have dropped it by now.
Jan 30, 2021 9:49 AM
Jan 2017
Can this studio draw ANYTHING by hand?Every thing the protagonist does is in terrible Berserk level CG. Did the studio not learn anything? Really close to dropping this now and just read the manga as it's just jarring to watch
Jan 30, 2021 11:13 AM
Dec 2017
igiem said:
They waste time developing that weird "magic school" angle which is not only highly unnecessary but detracts time that could be used to show the Spider Girl's growth and battle skills

I feel so bad for those poor manga readers that will never understand the importance of the student side.

In other hand, I guess this was expected from the manga readers. I still remember how most of you almost had a mental breakdown when you didn't had your dosage of cute Spider for 3 chapters.
Jan 30, 2021 11:25 AM
Dec 2017
Zimzky said:
Can this studio draw ANYTHING by hand?

Yes, they can.
The human side (lol)

Really close to dropping this now and just read the manga as it's just jarring to watch

Good luck with the manga. The pace is so slow that the anime will overtake it around the middle of the second half.
Jan 30, 2021 11:27 AM
Sep 2020
Zimzky said:
Can this studio draw ANYTHING by hand?Every thing the protagonist does is in terrible Berserk level CG. Did the studio not learn anything? Really close to dropping this now and just read the manga as it's just jarring to watch
Do some research... Millepensee isn't the ones who did the cgi in berserk 2016 and aren't the one doing the cgi in this anime either
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.