Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Feb 2, 2021 8:03 AM
Jul 2019
It has been a slow burner this season so far, good but slow burner. Hopefully it kicks on in terms of pacing starting from next episode.
Feb 2, 2021 9:51 AM
Jun 2020
I feel so empty right now... I can't believe that they skipped... Anyways.
Feb 2, 2021 10:56 AM

Jan 2016
z00nex said:

The dude probably whispered "We will release your kid as well" to Isabella.

How'd that make sense? "Bring back the kids, they're high quality, we'll release them" Who'd believe that? "Yes we want them just to release them again"
Feb 2, 2021 11:09 AM
Jan 2021
shane_nichols said:
Heyyasminn said:

you're losing a lot not reading the original story which is ACTUALLY good
yeah because little 12 year olds with machine guns fighting demons is good. That sounds like a battle shonen without power ups, oh wait! Its the fucking weapons

I don't understand this comment. If the over arching goal is to go and save the rest of the children on the farm, then how would that work without the necessary tactical militia and strategy training and implementation? To infiltrate and deploy guerilla warfare and sabotage, would have to include arms and weaponry, no? What else would you suppose would work in place of that? Kind words? Pleading for mercy to those who rank high in this hierarchy of this demon society? Or should the kids just give up on all that and instead run towards this human world, forgetting Phil, their other siblings and the rest of the children in the other farms?
Where do you think this story should go and how it should get there?
Also "that sounds like a battle shonen without the power ups, oh wait! Its the fucking weapons".... what? Um, this IS a shonen series so again.....I don't understand what you're implying about with this comment. Maybe that it's weird to expect a shonen battle but with weapons from a shonen series? Because I think NOT expecting exactly that is more irrational than not.
Ergo_Kitty_KatFeb 2, 2021 12:59 PM
Feb 2, 2021 12:19 PM

Sep 2019
Serlu said:
z00nex said:

The dude probably whispered "We will release your kid as well" to Isabella.

How'd that make sense? "Bring back the kids, they're high quality, we'll release them" Who'd believe that? "Yes we want them just to release them again"
Not all the kids, just her kid if she helps them. It's worth it if you ask me.
Feb 2, 2021 1:42 PM

Jan 2016
z00nex said:
Serlu said:

Not all the kids, just her kid if she helps them. It's worth it if you ask me.
ooh. I read "your kids", sorry. Yeah that makes sense
Feb 2, 2021 1:55 PM
Oct 2017
wow. they just skipped a ton of important, high-quality chapters. I was really looking forward to 105 - 112 too, but it doesn't look like any of it will be adapted. shame. Interested to see how they work out the rest of the season.
Feb 2, 2021 4:22 PM
Jun 2020
Like I mean this episode Was surprisingly good and bad at the same time I like that Isabella is back bc she is a awesome character but wtf the kids were like 2 days in this Place I thought this arc would last like 6 episodes but no 1 freakin episode.I gotta say I love the world building of Yakusoku no Neverland
Feb 2, 2021 5:04 PM

May 2015
Dukino said:
Y'all are ridiculous. Trashing the anime cause its not following your precious manga to the letter. So pathetic whining I swear. Just go read the manga and gtfo if you have such a big issue with it. This is dumb all the complaining.

Is it so hard to be excited about what could possibly come from the manga author getting to rework their OWN STORY? its their work let them do with it what they will

You serious kid? Manga readers have every right to be upset. Skipping an ENTIRE ARC isn't a good thing.

Feb 2, 2021 5:09 PM

May 2015
rubybestgirl said:
I just think it's hilarious how, when the first season ended, the forums were Filled with people going "alright, hope you liked that bc the manga goes downhill from here". Plenty of the "hype" going into this season was surrounded by manga readers complaining about the ending and the series' direction

And now people are mad it's going original. I just have to laugh

People said the ening bit of the series was where it went downhill. GP isn't the ending.

Feb 2, 2021 8:23 PM
Jun 2019
for those who don't know, the author want the anime to not follow the manga because he isn't satisfied with his work. From what I heard, it will just 2 episodes, but idk if it's right or not, I will check it up later. Don't worry, the story is still from the author
William03Feb 2, 2021 8:27 PM
Feb 3, 2021 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
it looks like it will start new arc, hypee next episode.
Feb 3, 2021 10:07 AM

Dec 2020
Bruh look at that pool result. People are mad lmao.
Feb 3, 2021 7:00 PM

Apr 2017
Seriously ,plot armor in this eps is to much for emma and the gang imo
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Feb 4, 2021 12:55 AM
Apr 2016
Dukino said:
Y'all are ridiculous. Trashing the anime cause its not following your precious manga to the letter. So pathetic whining I swear. Just go read the manga and gtfo if you have such a big issue with it. This is dumb all the complaining.

Is it so hard to be excited about what could possibly come from the manga author getting to rework their OWN STORY? its their work let them do with it what they will
he’s free to do what he wants, and we’re free to critique it
Feb 4, 2021 2:55 AM

Jul 2012

Anyway, that's just speculation. As for the rest of the episode, I was disappointed for the most part.

I am actually pretty okay with most of the first half of this episode. If you're going to kick the kids out of the shelter this early, you have to establish its significance as much as possible for that change to have impact. The two montages and the fish scene, while not super exciting, establish the shelter as a home and safe haven for the kids enough to where the invasion of it feels like a big deal. The scene where they're anxiously waiting to see if the fish is edible is also pretty fun.

The Minirva phone call sets the plot in motion in a pretty boring but passable way. He basically just tells them to "go to this place" but since we have no idea what that place is, what has become of it since the message, and what it's like on the way to it, there's still plenty of mystery left to keep things interesting. In a way, I actually prefer this straightforward approach to some of the convoluted plot points in the manga
This seems grounded in reality and to-the-point, which you would expect from someone who's trying to save a bunch of kids from being killed.

The second half is where things unravel. Unlike season 1, where we have a pattern of 1) consistent building up of tension followed by 2) satisfying payoffs, here we have failures on both ends. So, before the base is invaded, the initial explosion occurs with no warning or set up beyond grandma saying that they're going to find the kids, and just feels out-of-nowhere. All you'd have to do is show some men in a helicopter or running through the woods a scene earlier to create some tension and a sense of continuity, and make the explosion feel like a decent payoff, but nope, it just happens, kind of like how episode one just begins with the kids running from a giant demon.

Once the men are in the shelter, there is some decent tension established initially, but the payoffs are terrible. The fact that the soldiers aren't raiding in groups or at least pairs makes it painfully obvious that they're going to be defeated in dumb, lazy ways, and that's exactly what happens. Don and the kid with him escape an armed, military-trained soldier by throwing a cup and a chair at him, and then later, when the kids are cornered again, they escape by knocking his gun out of his hand with arrows. Then, when trapped a third time, the kids are saved by a random demon who just so happens to only eat the soldiers and none of the kids. Nothing here feels satisfying, and it is all very lazily written.

My final complaint is the fact that Grandma and co. are putting Isabella completely in charge of their next operation despite the fact that she completely failed to stop the kids from escaping the farm in the first place. Why is Isabella uniquely primed to stop them? I understand working with her or recruiting her help in some capacity because the knows how the kids think, but leaving everything to her feels over the top. I do like the fact that Isabella is going to be a more involved character this time around, but I have no faith that they're going to execute it in a satisfying way.
Feb 4, 2021 5:57 AM
Oct 2020
Dukino said:
leifsoeren said:
Neverland Root A has started.
With that the hope for certain characters died.
The episode was so random.
Several arcs were simply skipped over. hahaha - not good

Completely different from the tg situation. We have the manga author here working on the anime. Y'all being so negative is sickening
Waiting for you to eat those words.
Feb 4, 2021 5:58 AM
Oct 2020
shane_nichols said:
Hahahaha. Glad I'm an anime only. Sucks for you manga reader XD
U will soon eat those words with the disaster this season is gonna become.
Feb 4, 2021 5:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, what i thought before was a truth. The shelter was not a safety place anymore, and my question about Isabella got answered this episode. But, the suspense i felt before proof to be nothing. Because the whole flow suddenly vanished after its got revealed to be like that. Oh well. The pursuers of the farm houses, the human armies, just easily broke it down completely. Lol, rip, one episode sheltering.

They still managed to escape again, tho. What a lucky chance they've got there. But, the situation was not fully recovered yet. They were still under a pursuit, and Isabella finally make an appearance again, to hunt her beloved child down, under a certain conditions. What a nasty lady. The reunion might be happened, and i don't even know, how its ended up in the first place.

Now i see why everyone so pissed off, after got trigger to read the wiki and i found what they've skip, leaving all of it in a complete confusion. So, Mujika amulet cleared to be nothing? Well, rip to that skipped arc.

As an anime only, these latest episode truly feel a bit off, and completely arrived then finished, too sudden. That huge monster appearance proof to be a silly plot device, to my understanding. But, imma still positive through all of the future events. So, lets see how far CloverWork work out the remaining episodes....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 4, 2021 11:48 AM
Jun 2015
Progyan said:
shane_nichols said:
Hahahaha. Glad I'm an anime only. Sucks for you manga reader XD
Yeah you're right. Fuckin 60 year old boomer with downsyndrome directed this shit Totally gone to shit
Feb 4, 2021 11:58 AM
Jan 2021
shane_nichols said:
Progyan said:
Yeah you're right. Fuckin 60 year old boomer with downsyndrome directed this shit Totally gone to shit

Lol, and he sees the light lol. I'm guessing episode 5 didn't go well.... I haven't seen it yet.... Because I'm literally scared to see what happens. And I don't mean in a good thrilling suspenseful kinda way, more like watching a car crash in slow motion kinda way.
Feb 4, 2021 12:13 PM
Jun 2015
KittyKatNoir said:
shane_nichols said:

Lol, and he sees the light lol. I'm guessing episode 5 didn't go well.... I haven't seen it yet.... Because I'm literally scared to see what happens. And I don't mean in a good thrilling suspenseful kinda way, more like watching a car crash in slow motion kinda way.
Don't fuckin watch this trash. Just drop it.
Feb 4, 2021 3:29 PM

May 2018
I guess it took a bit of deus ex machina to save them from pursuers.

So, Isabelle is back? Great, she is such a good character.

I haven't read the manga, however I wonder how much they changed/cut out. It still seems good to me, however you can tell that the first season is better.
Feb 4, 2021 6:59 PM
Dec 2016
Does anyone have access to the track at the end of the episode from around 19:45 to the ED? It's absolutely gorgeous and I want to listen to it nonstop!
Feb 4, 2021 11:37 PM

May 2020
From what I am seeing, The Promised Neverland just pulled a Fullmetal Alchemist lol. I mean, as long as I enjoy it there's no problem with that because I don't read the manga anyways so...
Feb 5, 2021 5:16 AM
Mar 2020
Can someone anime-only explain what the heck is happening??? Nothing was explained in the anime, how the heck humans with heavy guns are in the demon world??? and how the kids escape from them using just freaking Bows and Arrows??? Don stuned a freaking guy with a freaking ak47 using only a freaking CHAIR??? And how do they got back in the forest in like seconds??? episode 3 showed that they had to walk a lot to reach the shelter... NOTHING MAKES SENSE!!! (i readed the manga, and its bad too, but at least it made more sense, and for the note i dont want that the anime follows the manga, but i hoped that the original route was good... im pissed)
Feb 5, 2021 5:22 AM
Mar 2020
the7thfloor said:

The second half is where things unravel. Unlike season 1, where we have a pattern of 1) consistent building up of tension followed by 2) satisfying payoffs, here we have failures on both ends. So, before the base is invaded, the initial explosion occurs with no warning or set up beyond grandma saying that they're going to find the kids, and just feels out-of-nowhere. All you'd have to do is show some men in a helicopter or running through the woods a scene earlier to create some tension and a sense of continuity, and make the explosion feel like a decent payoff, but nope, it just happens, kind of like how episode one just begins with the kids running from a giant demon.

Once the men are in the shelter, there is some decent tension established initially, but the payoffs are terrible. The fact that the soldiers aren't raiding in groups or at least pairs makes it painfully obvious that they're going to be defeated in dumb, lazy ways, and that's exactly what happens. Don and the kid with him escape an armed, military-trained soldier by throwing a cup and a chair at him, and then later, when the kids are cornered again, they escape by knocking his gun out of his hand with arrows. Then, when trapped a third time, the kids are saved by a random demon who just so happens to only eat the soldiers and none of the kids. Nothing here feels satisfying, and it is all very lazily written.

My final complaint is the fact that Grandma and co. are putting Isabella completely in charge of their next operation despite the fact that she completely failed to stop the kids from escaping the farm in the first place. Why is Isabella uniquely primed to stop them? I understand working with her or recruiting her help in some capacity because the knows how the kids think, but leaving everything to her feels over the top. I do like the fact that Isabella is going to be a more involved character this time around, but I have no faith that they're going to execute it in a satisfying way.

I Agree so much with you! The anime didnt have to follow the manga, it needed to just make a good original history...
Feb 5, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2020
Well that felt really rushed.
Like really rushed.

Seriously this is turning into a mess.
I never read the manga but I'm pretty sure they skipped a shit ton of arcs for this episode.

So many things are just put in randomly I just can't feel any fear or tension from the anime anymore. I can't feel anything except disappointment when watching this...

3099Feb 5, 2021 10:37 AM
Feb 6, 2021 1:21 AM

Mar 2009
Isabelle is so hot. I want her to be my mom.
Feb 6, 2021 2:51 AM
Dec 2019
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
So... what's the point of making filler episodes when the manga is complete? I know that the series is long (taking the manga, it would need at least another 12 ep season to finish it all), but going this way to disappoint the fans? Seriously? Like, really?

Gotta assume there were no plans for a 3rd season or an extended (24-26 episode) 2nd season so adapting everything would've been impossible. With only 12 episodes they had to make some drastic changes.
Feb 6, 2021 2:32 PM

Aug 2017
Smh annoying manga readers in this thread. This is the anime, not the manga, let anime-only enjoy the anime please.

Wtf was that squad infiltration lol. It was so random! Isabella back as enemy? Its nice, I guess.
NurguburuFeb 6, 2021 3:13 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 6, 2021 5:38 PM
Nov 2018
Interesting...

(Manga reader spoilers)
Feb 7, 2021 12:58 AM

May 2020
This actually was the best scene, and the OST made it even better.
Feb 8, 2021 12:44 AM
Dec 2020
Manga people are complaining about this adaptation so I'm going to ignore that the best I can and read the rest of the manga after I finish the anime (I am up to about episode 2 of this season in the manga). That way I'll enjoy it better. As an anime-only going into this part of the story, it isn't terrible.
Feb 8, 2021 12:53 AM
Nov 2016
A really mediocre episode, it started good but it got 20x worse when the soldiers appeared, wow untrained kids defeating trained soldiers? that was really bad.

And to make it worse, a big-ass demon suddenly appeared and started eating the soldiers and apparently it's immune to bullets but 1 tiny arrow killed him? I don't care if the eye is the weak spot, this was bad and dumb, also, the mortality rate of the soldiers is 100% and 0% on the kids... this is some really lame plot armor to have the kids survive everything.

I cannot feel the tension because I know none of them are gonna die, this is bad, I could feel the tension in season 1 but I can't feel anything in season 2.

I rate this episode 3 out of 10.
Feb 8, 2021 8:47 AM

Dec 2016
I was really hoping that in some way or another Yuugo will appear in this episode but my hopes were shattered when that explosion happened (´▽`)

Who the hell are those humans? They looked like some kinda military. If they were related to the farm the demon shouldn't have attacked them.

In my opinion, the anime original storyline seems really weak to me. I don't know but I guess I would've enjoyed it if I hadn't read the manga. I feel saddened to say that everything that is happening after Mujika and Sonju's part seems too lackluster to me....really suddenly an explosion, humans looking like some military appearing, kids back to playing tag again but got caught, then suddenly a funny looking demon appeared and ate those military humans, so fast paced. I don't get the goosebumps I had when watching season 1. And the demon wasn't scary at all (it reminded me of Gibiate). I just hope it actually gets interesting in the coming episodes.
Feb 27, 2021 1:42 AM

Jun 2017
What a waste of shelter! They should've made traps against the enemies, then again, who would've thought they would find their hideout?

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Feb 27, 2021 2:02 AM
Nov 2016
KoniginElle said:
What a waste of shelter! They should've made traps against the enemies, then again, who would've thought they would find their hideout?

To be fair, if little kids managed to find it then I see no reason why adults wouldn't be able to find it as well. It was extremely dumb though, if they had the location already then why did they send humans to the shelter? apparently they are too stupid to deal with demons, the whole swat with machine guns couldn't deal with a single demon but a single tiny arrow from a kid managed to hurt (or kill) the demon, this was really bad, stupid and lazy, what a fucking cringefest.

Instead of sending the swat of incompetent dumb humans they needed to send a swat of intelligent demons instead, the kids wouldn't stand a chance but we all know the power of "plot armor" would allow the kids to escape one way or another.
Mar 18, 2021 9:24 PM

Apr 2018
Now I understand why manga readers are upset about this... LOL! This was my first time reading the manga first and then anime. This is probably why it's better to watch the anime and then read the manga, so you won't feel super disappointed.
Mar 21, 2021 5:47 AM
Mar 2021
This is very cool. Most of them are too excited about manga and forget about the quality of the anime. Please compare the two, this is Kaiu Shirai's own wish. > <
Apr 1, 2021 10:34 PM
Dec 2020
This "Attack On Shelter" was nothing compared to manga's. And again they used CGI demons. This episode was a piece of dogshit after reading manga.
Apr 3, 2021 2:36 PM

Mar 2013
wow this is so shitty...

why explode the entrance randomly if they know where there are ? and the camera are certified useless since they can just teleport, and why human soldier lol ?

the worst is these thing all come from Rey putting there location in a tree for no reason wich is probably not even anime original.
Apr 5, 2021 3:50 AM

Jul 2016
William03 said:
for those who don't know, the author want the anime to not follow the manga because he isn't satisfied with his work. From what I heard, it will just 2 episodes, but idk if it's right or not, I will check it up later. Don't worry, the story is still from the author

Interesting..

Isnt the manga finished?
Apr 9, 2021 11:12 AM

Dec 2018
Oh boy, quality dropped big time.

The kids got out of that situation too easily.
Apr 12, 2021 4:52 PM
Feb 2021
Af071006 said:
I AM BEYOND FURIOUS RIGHT NOW. THEY CUT OUT THR ENTIRE GOLDY POND ARC FROM THE ANIME. THE GOLDY POND ARC WAS THE BEST AND MOST EMOTIONAL AND IT INTRODUCED MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS. CLOVERWORKS CUT YUUGO FROM THE MANGA AND WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ST THE END SINCE THEY WERENT ABLE TO MEET THR DEMONS AT GOLDY POND??? also besides the fact that they are COMPLETELY deviating from the manga, this series has felt so rushed so far but spends the majority of episodes focusing on trivial things. just read the manga everyone, it's so much better and more emotional.
this was exactly why I didn't read the manga before watching the anime. this way it doesn't ruin your expectations when watching.
Apr 12, 2021 8:14 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah those kids were being way too greedy, thinking they can just go back to rescue ALL the other kids they left behind when getting away was a miracle in itself. Knew the shelter wouldn't last when they found that secret exit.

What was up with the HELP message though? Were there kids holed up there that went crazy from isolation as the others were slowly picked off over time? Were some cornered by a swat team? At the very least, it's a reminder that even this "shelter" is not truly safe in the middle of the demon's world.
Apr 19, 2021 8:53 AM
Oct 2019
this was kind of dumb again

the kids magically evading a tactical team multiple times? no
giant monster showing up and only eating the tactical team instead of any children, allowing the children to escape? eh, no, probably not
shooting that giant monster in the eye while running and jumping away? no
them essentially ignoring the fact that there's a whole HELP room and believing they can just live there for as long as they need with no issues whatsoever? sigh, no, i thought these children were supposed to be smart

having the tactical team blow the lid was neat. but wouldn't they want to keep the lid and the shelter operational in case other escapees use it? it'd be easier to track them down if you know they're at the shelter...

also, all these disgusting ass humans willing to capture CHILDREN to be eaten by monsters. i'm having trouble accepting that reality, which makes all of their actions really f'ing stupid and annoying to me. i'm referring to the "mother" and grandmother bitches, and the tactical teams
Apr 29, 2021 5:18 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like kids are on the run again with isabella making a comeback for better or for worse...

Kinda disappointing to know the anime is going the anime original route which is never a good sign...hopefully it'll actually be good compared to the tokyo ghoul disaster.

Jun 4, 2021 7:57 AM
Nov 2019
My favourite part about this episode is when they skipped 2 arcs and didn’t address the fact that there’s a time skip. It was Jan-Feb 2046 when they reached the shelter and now it’s Jan 2047? Why?
Jun 15, 2021 7:09 AM

Mar 2015
Oh so this is where the score starts to tank..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aoo-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

202 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 14, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.