Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jan 30, 2021 4:46 AM
Aug 2020
I'm not sure how to feel about this season. One on hand I am excited to see Isabella back but on the other hand I feel like CloverWorks is being too risky. The manga already has a really good story, and I don't see why they want to change that. Hopefully it's gonna be a good change.
Jan 30, 2021 5:03 AM

Oct 2014
Waait... I didn't expect them to deviate from the manga wtf
I kept waiting for -that- character to appear ;-; whyyyy it was something I was really looking forward to!!
Jan 30, 2021 5:03 AM
Jun 2019
Well from the looks of it I guess I should read the manga. :( It was probably the way to go anyways.
Jan 30, 2021 5:26 AM
Oct 2014
So far we have no info about cutting out GP arc and Yuugo (and his group was hinted) just changes to current arc which honestly caused some major issues later on. Yuugo can still be introduced (without "f**k those kids character arc") and GP can still be here without any problems.

There is still hope that the anime will just change some stuff in the manga and bring more consistent arcs and a better ending.
Jan 30, 2021 5:52 AM
Jul 2019
expired_0 said:
Seeing how everybody is disappointed in how the anime is straying away from the manga, should I give the manga a go?

the manga is also really bad, but just after GP arc that should be the one adapted in season 2 but they skipped it totally.
Jan 30, 2021 5:53 AM
Jul 2019
Tristanteken said:
This is garbage. Absolute garbage. Fuck Cloverworks

actually it was the mangaka idea, so dont blame the studio in this one.
Jan 30, 2021 6:38 AM
Aug 2016
Not a manga reader but I hope this series development won't end up boring, like Isabella going after the kids again and its all mental battle between the kids and Isabella.
Jan 30, 2021 6:50 AM

Aug 2015
"Your freedom won't be the only reward" Maybe she gets Ray as well?

Those ratings though - guess they are from those who have read the manga.

I haven't read it so I can't really compare it to the source material, so for me it's fine.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 30, 2021 6:51 AM

Feb 2014
I guess I totally lost interest in the manga long ago because even after those changes in the anime I don't feel any disappointment at all.
Now I see the anime as an original but not a manga adaptation. And I'm not gonna lie, I felt those SoL scenes were so out of place that I was waiting for something bad to happen everytime and it kept me curious and kind of afraid or thrilled or I don't know the correct word for that. I think it's one those "it's so bad it's good" time xD I guess I'm the only one like that.
Jan 30, 2021 7:01 AM
Sep 2020
I overestimated the shelter a bit lol. I thought it would last for 4 episodes but never mind, It got raided easily.
Jan 30, 2021 8:33 AM
Oct 2019
I started noticing changes from the manga when they cut out the Alvar Pineda scene. I assumed this scene wasn’t completely necessary and could be cut out to help the animators move onto the plot. However, them cutting out Yuugo is gonna change this story drastically, and I’m not sure at the moment if it’s for the good. I’m going to keep watching to see what direction they take this, but we’re missing serious character development from Yuugo, but also Emma from his training. I believe the pen is still leading them to Goldy Pond, but without Yuugo and his reconnection with Lucas, I’m not sure if it will have the same impact. At the moment, this anime seems rushed. I don’t understand it because they are putting trivial moments of eating and playing the piano, but not progressing the plot. The soldiers just bombarding the bunker out of nowhere and forcing them out also misses the chance for a great character like Yuugo to gain redemption by sacrificing him for the children to escape. Sometimes change is good, but currently they are taking pieces of a puzzle out and not replacing them. I hope this series can match the character development and plot that the manga had, and I will hold my judgment until this season is over.
Jan 30, 2021 8:38 AM

Apr 2020
I was very hype for this season ....

I have been waiting for a long time to see my favorite character in this anime ...

I was waiting to see the best arc (goldy pond) in the anime...

I can only say that I am disappointed ...

2/5
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Jan 30, 2021 8:43 AM
Aug 2017
As an anime only I would like to see where this is going. Would be boring for readers to know exactly how it pans out if they adapted 1:1
Jan 30, 2021 8:56 AM

Apr 2016
What a thrilling episode.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
Jan 30, 2021 9:29 AM

Apr 2018
Dukino said:
Y'all are ridiculous. Trashing the anime cause its not following your precious manga to the letter. So pathetic whining I swear. Just go read the manga and gtfo if you have such a big issue with it. This is dumb all the complaining.

Is it so hard to be excited about what could possibly come from the manga author getting to rework their OWN STORY? its their work let them do with it what they will

Exactly this... like, just leave then, for real!
Jan 30, 2021 11:27 AM

May 2015
Perfect MILF a.k.a. Isabella is on the run again!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 30, 2021 11:33 AM
Aug 2020
They really eliminated the character that gives all the meaning to the next arc, wtf.
Jan 30, 2021 12:08 PM

Dec 2009
So far this season has been very disappointing.... Why did they decide such trivial things instead showing the important parts of the manga? 1/5 for this episode. Damn, these kids have too much plot armor....
JaemaeJan 30, 2021 12:15 PM
Jan 30, 2021 12:21 PM
Sep 2019
Af071006 said:
I AM BEYOND FURIOUS RIGHT NOW. THEY CUT OUT THR ENTIRE GOLDY POND ARC FROM THE ANIME. THE GOLDY POND ARC WAS THE BEST AND MOST EMOTIONAL AND IT INTRODUCED MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS. CLOVERWORKS CUT YUUGO FROM THE MANGA AND WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ST THE END SINCE THEY WERENT ABLE TO MEET THR DEMONS AT GOLDY POND??? also besides the fact that they are COMPLETELY deviating from the manga, this series has felt so rushed so far but spends the majority of episodes focusing on trivial things. just read the manga everyone, it's so much better and more emotional.

Wait they cut the
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Hunting game arc out?????
What in the bloody hell
Jan 30, 2021 12:26 PM

Jul 2012
Uh... ok, well, all that happened.... way too quickly. Pacing felt all over the place, which seems to be a thing for this season...

Thanks Isabella for being the highlight of the episode
-miraiiJan 30, 2021 12:34 PM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jan 30, 2021 3:52 PM

Apr 2020
Isabella is back!

Damn, I'm even more curious about the next episode
Jan 30, 2021 5:32 PM

Jun 2012
NaturesWanderer said:
Dukino said:
Y'all are ridiculous. Trashing the anime cause its not following your precious manga to the letter. So pathetic whining I swear. Just go read the manga and gtfo if you have such a big issue with it. This is dumb all the complaining.

Is it so hard to be excited about what could possibly come from the manga author getting to rework their OWN STORY? its their work let them do with it what they will

Exactly this... like, just leave then, for real!

I'm an anime only and even to me this ep made no sense... Emma letting the kids taste the fish for poison? It makes sense lol. Help mensage on the wall, I loved the explanation on that one too... A big ass demon that only eats armored humans? hmm pretty good too... And worst of all, after all that happened on season 1 al the kids seem to get dumber
Jan 30, 2021 9:20 PM
Apr 2015
From anime only standpoint, episode felt a little rush towards the end. Judging from where we are in the story right now, must say I am pretty disappointed that we didn't get to see Yuugo and Lucas. The 2 adults gave some dynamic to the post grace field arcs and brought more impact and feels in the closure of children's escape from the shelter.

Really have no idea where the anime will take us next, since Goldy pond has some liberation to do but happened before the children lost their shelter. And also after losing the shelter, apart from meeting a certain someone, the manga literally went downhill. So I am not sure whether they will reshuffle the events or add in some anime original stuff.

On a side note, interesting they gave some late manga information on Isabella.
Jan 30, 2021 10:15 PM

Apr 2020
Oh well well WELL, the anime has truly diverted from the manga. No worries for me though since I'm an anime-only, but I can definitely feel the manga readers that are crying and raging right now.

So the kids did experience safety in the shelter and they manage to enjoy those slimy fish that they caught. But whoever left some breadcrumbs while they're journeying to the shelter must have really fucked the whole group up. As they're now being captured by some human soldiers working for the demons. If it wasn't for the CG Monster, they would have been rounded up by now. And just like that, they are running from the darkness called death.

Also we got to see Isabella again, depressed and pretty much lost her dignity. But before she takes the red sucking flower, the Grandma gave her another chance. To capture the children and "another promise", she is back in her senses and Isabella will be cool again!

So far, I kinda like where this anime is going on. I repeat that I didn't read the manga, so my opinion on the manga cut will be unfounded since I didn't experience it for myself.
Jan 30, 2021 10:31 PM

Feb 2014
It's really interesting to see that the anime has diverted from the manga now, going by what the manga readers are saying in this thread, since I'm an anime-only. I think future episode discussions like this one will be a warzone of anger and salt now.

The pacing was pretty quick for this episode, though. Although the kids got used to living in the shelter after finding out from the phone call about William Minerva's true identity the plans, it was all short-lived as a team of human soldiers stormed the place and went after them. They were all caught, but the CGI monster makes a return to flip everything on its head again, which gave the whole kids a chance to escape. Where they'll go from here, who knows, as no place can be called safe for them right now.

Meanwhile, we get to see Isabella again, but it seems that she'll be given a second chance to get all of the kids back in her care again. Whether she means what she says or she has another goal in mind, who knows. Either that, or I'm assuming too much. XD

I did enjoy this episode, although knowing that the anime has diverted a lot from the manga does worry me a bit, but not too much right now.
Jan 30, 2021 10:58 PM

Oct 2014
excuse me but what the fuck? did they just skip a whole arc?

goldy pond arc was one of my favorites, i loved the characters of yuugo and lukas (who you anime-only peeps will now probably not get to see now) :( i really hope they at least get to goldy pond, but this is really disappointing

at the same time, the manga ending was really lackluster to me and the series went downhill from a 10 to a 6-7ish for me in the last two arcs, so maybe this anime-only plot will (hopefully) have a more satisfying ending. i just hope they don't skip over too much...
Jan 30, 2021 11:43 PM

Feb 2019
So far this season hasn't had the same appeal to me as the first. Most of the twists are predictable and the story pacing feels way off.

As for this episode, there wasn't much of anything that happened. It was interesting to know a little for about Minerva and the state Isabelle is in. However, that's about it, the rest it felt like a slice of life episode with survival elements.
Jan 30, 2021 11:44 PM
Apr 2020
WTH?! They're just starting to have a good life and they're on the run again! Too unfortunate.

Jan 31, 2021 12:47 AM
Sep 2019
Dukino said:

Tell me about it mate, people are never happy!
Jan 31, 2021 2:35 AM

Feb 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Yea, somehow they’ve managed to make shit even worse with these manga changes. This and Goldy pond were the best parts of the manga. There was no need to cut out Yuugo and change this arc. Now granted they could rearrange appearances and bring him in later, but.. I doubt it’ll pan out well.

As someone who was constantly talking to people in the manga discussion threads week after week about how far the series fell, I was at least expecting season 2 to retain some of that original magic.. I’ll give them a chance, but it’s not looking likely. Shame. I’m pissed man. This used to be one of my fave series.

Goldy Pond Arc was the best plot period. Now I'm afraid we can't see the best character of the show, our only Count Lewis in all his glory. So its gonna be just Isabella vs the children eh? Not even
aww.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 31, 2021 3:36 AM
Dec 2019

i personally dont really love this adaption although i am excited to for an anime only.
(spoilers from the manga)
Jan 31, 2021 7:18 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was so dumb... So jumping straight to Cuvitidala without any development?

Also, some anime-onlies are extremely dense. Manga readers are not being nit-picky, we don't have petty criticism, we're not mad because the anime is not following the manga frame by frame... WE'RE MAD CAUSE THEY SKIPPED OVER 50+ CHAPTERS WITH AN ARC AND CHARACTERS THAT ARE CONSIDERED A FAN-FAVORITES. What aren't you getting about that??
We're mad because we never even considered we won't be seeing Goldy Pond/Mister animated because... IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.
It will be like not adapting Steel Ball Run, which is regarded as "the favorite JoJo part". No Gyro, no Johnny, no Valentine... which are among fan-favorites. It's doesn't make sense.
Jan 31, 2021 7:43 AM

Aug 2013
Oh boy, that was something. I'll stick around to see where it goes from here (my expectations are low).
Jan 31, 2021 7:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So it's totally a new path for the story, well why not, but it seems like the story is a bit rushed to be honest
Jan 31, 2021 8:41 AM

Jan 2017
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined
Jan 31, 2021 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
can't believe they cut out
and
. nice to see Isabella back though. hope the anime doesn't change much more from the manga than it already has.
Jan 31, 2021 10:33 AM
Jan 2008
Dukino said:
leifsoeren said:
Neverland Root A has started.
With that the hope for certain characters died.
The episode was so random.
Several arcs were simply skipped over. hahaha - not good

Completely different from the tg situation. We have the manga author here working on the anime. Y'all being so negative is sickening

Can you name atleast 5 anime that had better storyline than the original manga storyline ?
Jan 31, 2021 12:53 PM
Jan 2021
Dukino said:

That's like saying "All you Mulan fans are ridiculous for trashing Mulan 2020. It was a complete overhaul of a story that was already beloved and cut out favorite characters and added random new bullshit but you should be grateful and love the story nonetheless!"

If it ain't a faithful adaptation, then the faithful fans of the original works are obviously going to be pissed off.

Imagine waiting years for your favorite story to be finally brought into moving picture, animated or not, only for the director to completely change everything you loved about the story. I know Percy Jackson fans can agree with me on this one.
Jan 31, 2021 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
the episode feels somewhat rushed... idk why the kids could kill with arrows but the soldiers with guns are useless...

anyway, since the anime is going anime original, i am curious about how it will go. i hope the anime ending doesn't end up going the same route as the manga with the only big changes being removing goldy pond, its characters, and seven walls...
Jan 31, 2021 1:28 PM
Jul 2013
So many salty people....the episode was fine, the soldiers could not actually shoot the children else the demons not get their tasty meal, and there were plenty of hints that the demons had been to the shelter prior so of course they would have kept a record of its location.
Jan 31, 2021 6:20 PM
Sep 2016
I'm just here for the comments LOL
1.1.Six
Jan 31, 2021 8:32 PM

Jan 2021
Kamel_ said:
EXCALIBUR_843 said:

I'm an anime-only and I honestly don't get this hate, even if the anime decides to completely exclude this Yuugo character but still manages to present us with a different and gripping storyline than the manga one till the end, is there a problem with that??

The problem is: they excluded 2 great arcs of the manga. It is really hard to think somehow they will make something better out of this, in this rushed pace that the anime is going.

Oh, I see! Fingers crossed then, all we can do as of now is to hope for the best from this anime-original story :)

Jan 31, 2021 10:02 PM
Jan 2021
Why isabella you were supposed to be good
Jan 31, 2021 10:46 PM
Oct 2020
z00nex said:
"How did you know that there were two entries?"
"That's how shelters usually are" LMAO

The dude probably whispered "We will release your kid as well" to Isabella.

I like this theory. I've not read the manga so I've no idea what's coming along. It would make sense for the demon to utilise this method to ensure her getting the job done rather than just running and helping all the kids.

It would definitely add a lot to the story if she's torn between helping all the kids or whether or not she can trust the demons. I'm definitely excited to see what path she'll take.
Feb 1, 2021 12:40 AM

Mar 2018
Kumo- said:
Im confused, everybody complained about the manga being trash. Now that the anime is going a different direction people are complaining again? Just stfu stupid manga readers you dont know what you want apparently

You should read the manga or atleast be informed about manga readers' opinions on what they considered good and where it went bad. Just read the forum posts if you wish to know why.
Feb 1, 2021 3:37 AM

Apr 2014
So... what's the point of making filler episodes when the manga is complete? I know that the series is long (taking the manga, it would need at least another 12 ep season to finish it all), but going this way to disappoint the fans? Seriously? Like, really?
Feb 1, 2021 10:08 AM

Mar 2016
I haven't read the manga but i can tell regardless without that knowledge that this is a step down from season 1.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Feb 2, 2021 5:34 AM

Sep 2020
Where is Yuugo ;-; he was so cool and now apparently he's not gonna show up??? I'm so lost watching this episode.

I just wonder where the rest of The Promised Neverland is gonna go. I'm scared that it won't play out as nice as the manga
Feb 2, 2021 7:54 AM
Mar 2018
shane_nichols said:
Hahahaha. Glad I'm an anime only. Sucks for you manga reader XD

you're losing a lot not reading the original story which is ACTUALLY good
Feb 2, 2021 7:58 AM
Jun 2015
Heyyasminn said:
shane_nichols said:
Hahahaha. Glad I'm an anime only. Sucks for you manga reader XD

you're losing a lot not reading the original story which is ACTUALLY good
yeah because little 12 year olds with machine guns fighting demons is good. That sounds like a battle shonen without power ups, oh wait! Its the fucking weapons
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

507 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:48 AM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aoo-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.