Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2021 9:35 AM
Jul 2020
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
In the end Kanade and Unoki are officially dating, with the permission of their mother with several conditions.
the two of them are still awkward even though they have become lovers but have started by holding hands.
Tasuku is still pursuing Aika and the Yuri relationship between Matsuri and Yutaka.
although I hope for a more final ending but this alone is enough and sweet for me

happy to follow this manga
Jan 26, 2021 2:24 PM

Jul 2017
I really feel like this manga could've happened in 20 chapters instead of 77 and not much would actually change about it. They really went from the whole dating while misunderstanding, to not dating but still Toramaru liking him, to in the end dating again on the same page. Sure there are changes in their relationship but I feel like it could have been compacted a lot more. It's definitely not terrible and I fairly liked the art and interactions at times, but in the end, don't really feel too satisfied with how stretched out and repetitive it turned out to be.
Jan 26, 2021 5:56 PM

May 2016
It was alright. It did drag on a bit, but there was no point in going on beyond where they wound up.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jan 27, 2021 11:31 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
I have many mixed feelings regarding this ending. On one hand, it was sweet seeing everyone getting together, but on the other, this ending was definitely not satisfying enough for how long we had to wait for Toramaru and Unoki to start dating. When I first started reading this series, it was genuinely one of my favourite romcoms. I still think it's a decent romcom, but it has definitely fell off in how much appreciation I initially gave it.

Overall, it started out great, then it decided to drag on, and finished in an extremely unsatisfying way. It would've been nice to at least see one other chapter where the two are dating.

Maybe the author dragged it this long because they don't know how couples act.
Jan 27, 2021 11:46 AM

Nov 2011
animejas said:
I really feel like this manga could've happened in 20 chapters instead of 77 and not much would actually change about it. They really went from the whole dating while misunderstanding, to not dating but still Toramaru liking him, to in the end dating again on the same page. Sure there are changes in their relationship but I feel like it could have been compacted a lot more. It's definitely not terrible and I fairly liked the art and interactions at times, but in the end, don't really feel too satisfied with how stretched out and repetitive it turned out to be.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same. Im happy for them but as a real couple, I wish this manga gave them at least a few more chapters to expand on their relationship more with that development.

Oh well, still a fun ride on most parts for me.
Jan 27, 2021 5:57 PM

Mar 2016
It was going just fine until the silly family drama bit at the end. It was a quick and half-decent read, at least.

Kinda curious about seeing this in anime form.
Jan 27, 2021 6:07 PM
Dec 2017
Been a great ride, those year will never lie that i had a good time reading this
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Jan 27, 2021 10:55 PM

Feb 2018
So it just ended like this? I made the wrong decision, it ended too fast and too smooth.
Feb 14, 2021 8:43 PM
Nov 2020
I didn't really like the ending because there was no kiss or time skip, I feel something is missing

It also disappointed me how the villain and Banchou's brother didn't have a relationship, maybe in the future they do but it wasn't shown

In general I liked the manga very cute and with different characters,but there was a lot of trouble and that's why it had so many chapters
Mar 14, 2021 5:36 AM

Jan 2011
Eh, this would have been better off shorter if it meant we'd have avoided all the drama.
Apr 5, 2021 11:27 PM
Mar 2017
You can tell it was rushed. Not even a kiss :(
Sep 28, 2021 5:17 AM
Sep 2019
Wooo, late to the party but woooo
Oct 27, 2021 4:24 AM
Aug 2021
I finished this a while ago and I agree with many of the comments. This could easily have been condensed into 40-50 chapters without losing any of the good bits. Beside it dragging on, we didn't see enough of Toramaru and Unoki in a real relationship. I mean if the story dragged unimportant stuff on, why couldn't we get a whole volume of them together, going on dates etc? I mean there wasn't even a kiss. The two side characters even got some action. Also, fuck Aika. Many times, the MC is a chickenshit just because of the usual lack of confidence, but that bitch has abused him for ALMOST A DECADE and naturally it would leave some psychological scars - it's a big reason that Unoki is always on edge. AND when it came down to it, and Otoutomaru (a really charming guy, does housework, basically A1 bf material) confesses to her, this bitch just wants to continue chasing (and tormenting) Unoki forever.
Jan 6, 2022 10:16 AM
I like water

Feb 2020
This last chapter was ok, but this ending seems very fast and forced. On the one hand I like this happy ending, but I think this manga lacked more drama. The author could have done better with the story arc of Toramaru's mother.
Feb 15, 2022 2:38 AM
Nov 2019
This manga could've been great; it was great up until ~chapter 50. Suddenly they backtracked to stranger-level relationship, as if the 50 chapters of build up did not matter.

Somewhere around chapter 70, the author wrote it themselves. "The MC is just being irritating". If the author was actually aware of the situation, I really wish they didn't make MC that way. He goes on about making an ideal confession then ends up doing it in the backyard, rushed and ungracefully. He could've done this 20 chapters ago and we could've seen their a romcom of their relationship when they realise their love is mutual. Instead, we get fed with cringey levels of insecurity, drama and plot device.

Also, the side character lovelines get resolved in a chapter or 2, and even the brother started (and resolved) his loveline in what... a page? But the main loveline in comparison was just dragged out way too long.
Jul 18, 2022 1:11 PM
May 2018
Lol, we had 3 better opportunities for a more satisfying confession, and instead, what do we get??
Also, two chicks making out and all we got from the main couple is hand holding?

Overall, it's 30 chapters too long with a very disappointing conclusion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pashiri na Boku to Koisuru Banchou-san Chapter 72 Discussion

Phloup - Nov 8, 2020

2 by Pleviansiowo »»
Apr 20, 2023 10:38 PM

» Can't find english translated chapters after ch 33

HK_BAKA - Sep 24, 2022

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Sep 24, 2022 4:45 AM

Poll: » Pashiri na Boku to Koisuru Banchou-san Chapter 69 Discussion

-Aincrad- - Sep 26, 2020

5 by psyche-K »»
Sep 12, 2022 7:54 PM

» Planning to read

FiddlePie - Aug 13, 2022

3 by Short_Circut »»
Sep 9, 2022 1:23 PM

Poll: » Pashiri na Boku to Koisuru Banchou-san Chapter 67 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2020

10 by ryantomak »»
Jun 26, 2022 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.