Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 2 Discussion

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 11, 2021 5:36 AM

Apr 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The point is that he failed the exam because he exceeded the interviewer's understanding...

Lloyd is very good at cooking, and he decided to work, and the big grasshopper was a small thing to Lloyd, lmao

Ngl, I laughed so much when Marie's leg hurts

Also, the ED is pretty good

Yandere eyes...
KaisekiJan 11, 2021 5:39 AM
Jan 11, 2021 5:36 AM

Feb 2018
Without Lloyd Belladonna, our military power would be ... you know how OP Loyd-kun. What is your special skill? I was surprised when Loyd answered cooking and cleaning. Trying to make simple cooking, let's see how amazing it is. World-destroying magic, Alka have no intention of dealing with any wars or incidents caused by human-to-human crap or anything. Those omurice look like delicious, The yellow and red sauce was delicious.

That girl always gets suggestion from everyone, it reminds me with the character I just finished, xD. The girl's expression when she met Loyd for the second time was so cute. It only takes one punch.
SyureriaJan 11, 2021 5:55 AM
Jan 11, 2021 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
When you realize that Lloyd didn't make it, there's a cause for concern FOR EVERYONE. And trying to find the missing witch Princess Marie that Lloyd is now housing with, that is a lead well enough.

It's so funny that the "One Punch Kid" Lloyd has become a thing, not just being OP against the grasshopper bug gag. He's a POG, and even strong people can't evade his presence. To question Lloyd's interviewer with a Kabedon, the YAOI vibes. In the meantime, the boonies kid will have to settle for a part-time job.

A forced war, huh. The loli hag curses for Marie sure is the gift to keeps on giving the comedic feels.

The bar that Lloyd is working for sure gets rich overnight, and for both Riho and Merthohan, what a surprise. I just can't get enough of Yandere Selen, the overflowing destiny of love.

Welp, the fight between Lloyd and Alan that was spearheaded by the investigation, he's so bad, he's (almost) calling for trouble with that one punch. But with Marie kidnapping him at that moment, what is her intention with using Lloyd to prepare for the impending war between kingdoms?

Now this is a show to relax and have fun for the Monday Blues. I'm greatly enjoying this a lot now.
KANLen09Jan 11, 2021 2:39 PM
Jan 11, 2021 6:56 AM

Nov 2019
One thing this show's got going for is that the character designs look pretty decent, at least to me. Let's see how the rest of the episodes turn out with just how overpowered Lloyd is.
Jan 11, 2021 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
A very funny episode. A lot of funny scenes in this episode.
Everyone needs Lloyd the bug exterminator.
Yandere Selen is the best, she's totally into Lloyd.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 11, 2021 6:58 AM

Apr 2020
Lemme tell ya that one scene where Lloyd pinches off a bug and lets off a game sound WAS GODDAMN HILARIOUS, best scene of the episode! Things are really going good for this anime. That cafeteria owner having anxiety attacks because of Lloyd is funny. And our baka senpai witch is actually a princess, woah! Yep this anime is enjoyable, just don't get overboard with the jokes and this will be accepted by many.

So it looks like they really need Lloyd to become a soldier for their country...that is about to go to war.
Jan 11, 2021 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
ayy, episode 2 of last dungeon is here!

this episode was really cool, it was kinda unexpected seeing lloyd fail but i think this gives the story a lot of space to expand.
Jan 11, 2021 7:01 AM

Apr 2016
I still dont understand the point of introducing all these dangerous enemies when our mc-kun can just one slap everything. Like yes, we get it hes op, whats next ? 12 episodes of mc being op encountering someone who thinks is op getting bitch slapped by mc, realizing hes no so op ... thats it ? Thats the entire formula ?

Le what. I actually think i'll start watching this show without the subtitles, just raw .. cause there is no point in actually knowing what is happening, cuz it does not matter at all.

At least the harem is growing.
Jan 11, 2021 7:02 AM

Apr 2019
Lloyd nearly obliterated that guy's head, good thing Marie stopped him lmao. Would've been interesting to see him bust his head off too though.

Jan 11, 2021 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
That universal logo at the beginning of the show still feels kinda out of place

Have they been sponsoring many anime productions lately?
Jan 11, 2021 7:09 AM
Aug 2020
That guy was so dead, got spared last second.
Funny episode, way better than the first one.

And we are finally getting some context for the world, with a missing princess, a village that only acts on big disasters and King that is about to take his nation to war.

Solid start
Jan 11, 2021 7:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely hilarious episode to be honest, it's funnier than episode 1 IMO, all the Loyd's OP moments are legendary, like with the giant grasshopper, too bad he didn't punch that man at the end (and wow there was even a tornado to stop him) but it's fortunate for him, he would be dead XD
Jan 11, 2021 7:27 AM

Nov 2016
Close call for Alan, that would've been a nasty hit, almost as bad as that chest burn.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2021 7:33 AM

Sep 2019
It was a hilarious episode. I really like Merthohan, he’s so funny and his VA did a great job voicing him. The guy at the end almost died lol.
Jan 11, 2021 7:36 AM

Feb 2019
PoisonHero said:
That universal logo at the beginning of the show still feels kinda out of place

Have they been sponsoring many anime productions lately?

Several anime's I've seen on Funimation have had Universal's intro at the start.

A quick search for "Universal studios Anime" reveals quite a few.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jan 11, 2021 7:38 AM

Jan 2015
Oh god I haven’t laughed this much for a show in a while

They are doing a really good job at nailing the comedy
Jan 11, 2021 7:43 AM

Jun 2012
Another solid episode.

Super funny and the over exaggerated facial expressions are a nice touch.
Jan 11, 2021 7:43 AM

May 2016
Someone should add to this anime an Comedy tag, it's really good and I hope it will continue with this path for the entire show.
Jan 11, 2021 7:46 AM

Oct 2017
Yess I absolutely love Selen, she's adorable. Loli chief is cute too.

Comedy was gold again, laughed so hard. I loved how that dude interpreted Lloyds's cooking and cleaning into assassination and body disposal lmao.

Also that dude was about to die lol but luckily Marie took away Lloyd and the incident has been avoided.
Jan 11, 2021 7:51 AM

Jun 2019
Just a friendly reminder that he's the weakest from his village. LoL
Jan 11, 2021 9:16 AM

Apr 2020
How does this anime not have the Comedy tag???

Loved it when the Colonel told Alan any good soldier should be able to pummel a civilian lmao
Jan 11, 2021 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
Lloyd taking down the grasshopper was funny.
There was a lot of moments where I laughed a lot in this episode, especially when Chrome first met Lloyd.

Jan 11, 2021 9:20 AM

Mar 2020
This show is pure comedy. Hilarious. Don't understand why this doesn't have a comedy tag.

If Lloyd got his punch threw without being interrupted by Marie, Alan would have went flying into the universe. He lucked out.

Guessing Marie is the missing princess?
made by Nate
Jan 11, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2019
Seeing lloyd fail the exam was pretty damn funny lol. Overall really relaxing and silly episode today. I love how everyone in the bar was scared of Lloyd when he walked in Lmaoo.

The set ups we got today give the story quite a bit of room to expand and I’m looking forward to where it goes.
Jan 11, 2021 10:10 AM

Nov 2014
I'm still not a fan of Lloyd's character, but damn, that was really funny.
Jan 11, 2021 10:11 AM
Jan 2021
Found this episode a lot more enjoyable from the first one! Just about every joke hit for me and made for a very enjoyable time, this could turn out to be one of my favorites of the season but it's got tough competition.
Jan 11, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, so Marie is the princess, I didn't expect that. Alan was lucky, if it wasn't for her, he would have been murdered by Lloyd lol. I wonder what Marie is doing though.

Lloyd casually getting rid of those giant insects is just hilarious. This show in general is really funny and deserves more attention.

In the OP you see more girls who will probably fall in love with Lloyd? But it seems that the core group will be the 4 from the ED. I want to say that Marie is best girl, but you can't not love how yandere is Selen xD. Looking forward to more.
Jan 11, 2021 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
Everyone is counting on Lloyd lol
Jan 11, 2021 11:24 AM
Jan 2020
This "insect" jokes for Lloyd is killing me everytime lol

The Yaoi Kabedon was unexpected yet hilarious

I like how the shop keeper interpreted simple words like Cooking, Cleaning and other elses to some assassination shit LMAO

This episode really make my stomach really hurt, I like it. Looking forward for the next episodes~

And man, this show really good at shifting comedy to seriousness and to comedy again. This reminds me of Gintama.
Jan 11, 2021 11:57 AM

Jun 2019
I’ll be damned, but ths episode was much more enjoyable than I expected. Sure it is not very original, but it gets some decent humor out of its characters, as a more vibrant artstyle, and a couple good character designs. Maybe I won’t end up dropping it after all.
Jan 11, 2021 12:08 PM
Feb 2020
Honestly I'm loving it. It seems like a better version of abilities average, which I already loved, even though MAL seems to hate it lol. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 11, 2021 12:38 PM

Feb 2019
I really can't help but think back to about a decade ago when the big thing was light novels where the protagonist had a scar, or scowled a lot, and that was the reason everybody was constantly freaking out about them. This is like what you'd get if instead of looking scary, characters instead explained that while they didn't look scary, they actually were scary. Over and over and over. And by explain, I mean of course, yelled. The few jokes that aren't of that variety continue to be not so much a parody of what these subgenre does, but just doing the same thing. Like him 'failing' the test because he wrote his answers in super runes instead of… uh… English, I guess? Whatever the 'normal' fantasy language is. That's not a gag. That's just what these things do. Hell, there are already half a dozen adaptations of shows where doing that is in the title of the show.

There's precious little on the story side to carry the week either. This kind of show definitely lends itself more to an episodic bent, and it seemed like the quest of the week would be to hunt down the missing princess (and add her to the harem), but that was introduced and then immediately forgotten. Similarly, there's this whole big weird aside about how there's some secret coup going on with the hunt for Wormtongue, but it's just a bizarre, overly serious insert out of nowhere, totally unconnected to anything else in the episode.
Jan 11, 2021 1:06 PM

Dec 2013
This show is so much fun, everyone is a dummy, a bunch of serious and powerful dummies, the insect jokes are always great like dealing with the tiniest fly and I love how everyone who knows war and death reacts with fight or flight instinct when meeting LLoyd.
Jan 11, 2021 1:15 PM

Apr 2018
I really like the character designs they are so good. Really funny ep, seeing Lloyd cook that food is making me hungry xD Also, Lloyd is opop
Jan 11, 2021 2:58 PM

Jun 2016
New levels of yandere... XD

Jan 11, 2021 3:09 PM
Nov 2017
Swagernator said:
I still dont understand the point of introducing all these dangerous enemies when our mc-kun can just one slap everything. Like yes, we get it hes op, whats next ? 12 episodes of mc being op encountering someone who thinks is op getting bitch slapped by mc, realizing hes no so op ... thats it ? Thats the entire formula ?

Le what. I actually think i'll start watching this show without the subtitles, just raw .. cause there is no point in actually knowing what is happening, cuz it does not matter at all.

At least the harem is growing.

Doesn't matter the end result but the path and until now these episodes are hilarious and the story had a nice pace.
Jan 11, 2021 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
): I didn't realise how annoying Selena is in anime form.
Jan 11, 2021 4:33 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, they took 5 whole seconds for the title lines only in the opening, thats great...

As expected, Lloyd failed because of written exam that beyond their knowledge, and just one out of many of them that knew exactly wtf that doodles mean. Lmao. Nice start, and they surely searched him like in the brink of death. The reaction of peoples always went to the comical route, which were just fine and quite entertaining me. Especially with that Chrome, really, nice name, paladin! For the surprised, the kingdom situations kinda worst than i expected, via Marie and loli baba conversation, together with the dissapearance of those princess. At least that petite colonel seemed decent despite so many comical expression from those funny peoples. But i am not trusting those peoples that looked trying so hard to take the advantage from a pure Lloyd.

Ah, and i just feel bad with those giant grasshoppers. That monster really need more love. Lol. Selene looked very ambitious, and the peoples kept pushing Lloyd into the limits. But at the end, Marie and her mysterious investigation saved him from another trouble.

Okay, next episode!
And that ending was sweet, yeah, Marie. Now i am curious with the other blonde girl....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 11, 2021 5:53 PM
Nov 2011
Just more light hearted comedy goodness, such a great way to start the week
Jan 11, 2021 9:38 PM
Jan 2021
badabass said:
As expected, Lloyd failed because of written exam that beyond their knowledge, and just one out of many of them that knew exactly wtf that doodles mean. Lmao.
He failed all three sections of the exam: combat, magic, and interview.

I have no idea why they decided to pace the anime at breakneck speed, but they've cut at least half the content, his exam being part of that and another excellent example of how they've chosen to tell rather than to show. Rather than showing him fail the exam, they cut it, skip a few days forward, and tell us he failed. I had hopes they might do a flashback, and just used the failure as a cliffhanger, but nope, completely cut.

A disappointing adaptation to say the least.
Jan 11, 2021 10:00 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Svafa said:
He failed all three sections of the exam: combat, magic, and interview.

Noted. Guess i just forget cause they focused a lot with that paper. Lol
Svafa said:

A disappointing adaptation to say the least.

Then, its such an unfortunate, cause i am liking their interaction so far.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 11, 2021 10:35 PM
Mar 2018
More of overpowered Chibi! The comedy aspect of this show is impeccable, one of the few isekai's that got me laughing. Wonder what Marie is up to.

Jan 12, 2021 12:17 AM

Oct 2016
Hilarious episode, I am really liking the show.

Didn't notice it the first time around but, wow Marie is the missing princess.

I really like the supporting cast, they're all very charming. Lmao, we avoided a murder boys, that guy was like an inch away from death. The grasshopper gag will never get old lmao if they use it wisely. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 12, 2021 1:41 AM
Jan 2021
Best isekai anime in this season
Jan 12, 2021 1:54 AM
Sep 2020
I quite like this series, I hope the future episodes will not disappoint

Llyod was very strong, thought a large grasshopper was just an insect, it was quite funny
Jan 12, 2021 5:49 AM
Dec 2020
this episode was so funny I laughed so many times this series is getting better by the episode
Jan 12, 2021 6:04 AM

Jun 2016
selen is cute and adorable !!!
perfect for lyod
Jan 12, 2021 6:15 AM
Nov 2020
Selen is so annoying tbh. Let's see how they would handle the story next eps. Since MC is so overpowered, the show does lack tension and excitement, at least for now.
Jan 12, 2021 6:28 AM

Apr 2017
I'm liking this show so far. Lloyd seems different from many other OP isekai and fantasy protagonists. Maybe because he doesn't know he's strong.

I'm also getting some Cautious Hero vibes.
Jan 12, 2021 10:55 AM

Feb 2015
This show needs the comedy tag... you can't tell me this isn't a parody of all the generic "op mc who doesn't know it at first and all his trope friends/harem" anime out there. Looking at the reviews tho, I'm either completely wrong about that or most reviewers don't seem to get that this is similar to the way Konosuba was a parody of isekai anime.
Extremely funny episode, this show is really underrated imo.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Better w/o MC

Hiroko_Takashiro - Aug 18, 2023

8 by Piromysl »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Jan 18, 2021

71 by Mcspegotie »»
Mar 9, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

52 by Sayan_Pal »»
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

145 by BrycedOut »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

40 by Sekie »»
Oct 3, 2023 1:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.