Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2021 5:41 PM
Apr 2020
Ey! Eren is giving them a taste of their own medicine! Reiner was shocked af! The war begins! I'm looking forward to see the War Hammer Titan and Scouts! Great episode!

Jan 10, 2021 5:42 PM
Jun 2017
What an episode. I was really looking forward to see it animated.
Jan 10, 2021 5:43 PM

Aug 2019
WE'RE finally getting started!

next episode is gonna be the climax of aot??
Jan 10, 2021 5:44 PM

Jul 2016

More Titan powers would be useful, but he doesn't really use the Titan powers he has much as it is. Like, he hasn't used the Attack On Titan's rage power since the fight with Annie, eons ago.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeJan 10, 2021 7:05 PM
Jan 10, 2021 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
Vindicater said:
katsu044 said:
we all knew this was gonna be a big one, and the whole episode i'm here like is he gonna do it? but you think back to all the shit Eren been through and there's no doubt he was gonna do it, shit was just good super fucked though that had to be one of the most villainous things hes done but at the same time not that much different than what Reiner did

Eren going full villian turn is what this anime needed.
frankly okay with it at this point ,showcasing acts of both sides in wars committing awful actions is fitting
Jan 10, 2021 5:50 PM
Feb 2019
Wow! That was one of the best episodes of whole series!
Jan 10, 2021 5:52 PM
Oct 2018
I like Shingeki but I'm sure not a huge fanboy. But I have to say that this episode was one of the best I watched in my whole life. I really loved the writing and narrative. Hoping that the hype goes on for next episodes... though many people say the finale is not good in the manga so i'm reluctant
Akkarin! Hai!
Jan 10, 2021 5:58 PM

Jun 2014
Willy Tybur's performance wasnt as spectacular as i was hoping. And the soundtrack was just kinda lacking at all the critical times. Eren and Reiner's conversation heavily carried this episode.

But anyway, shit goes downhill from here on out. No turning back.
Jan 10, 2021 6:10 PM

Mar 2016
What did impress me A LOT at least with this episode was the voice acting and scene timing, especially with Reiner and Eren. The animation is just decent at best, though, here (still pretty "sakuga" by AoT standards). I didn't care much about the storytelling part here, tbh.

Yep, this is where Eren is now officially the main antagonist of the story. Kinda obvious, tbh, at least from my perspective.
Jan 10, 2021 6:10 PM
Jul 2020
The War has Begun!!!
Jan 10, 2021 6:14 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Mildly confused as hell, but it's okay.

Is this series just becoming "the strong do what they can, and the weak suffer what they must?"
Jan 10, 2021 6:21 PM

Sep 2016
Frostyinside said:
WE'RE finally getting started!

next episode is gonna be the climax of aot??

Unfortunately the climax of aot starts on the last episode lol, cause it won't all be adapted in this part.
Jan 10, 2021 6:22 PM

Mar 2014
Can't help but feel a bit disappointed with this episode and worried about what's to come. Best part of the episode were the VA's, but the way they handled the climax felt underwhelming, more in the choice of how they angled the shots than the choice of music, the cinematography just wasn't there.
This was supposed to be a huge moment and the culmination of the buildup of the first
five episodes, a turning point in the series, it clearly didn't really feel like one. Hopefully Mappa picks up the slack for next coming episodes, that should be quite action packed.
SoulblightJan 10, 2021 6:54 PM
Jan 10, 2021 6:29 PM

Mar 2020
Well that was one hell of an intense episode!
Jan 10, 2021 6:34 PM
Dec 2020
Soulblight said:
Can't help but feel a bit disappointed with this episode and worried about what's to come. Best part of the episode were the VA's, but the way they handled the climax felt underwhelming, more in the choice of how they angled the shots than the choice of music, the cinematography just wasn't there. This was supposed to be a huge moment and turning point in the series and it didn't really like one. Hopefully Mappa picks up the slack for next coming episodes that should be quite action packed.
they will most likely do this moment again next episode after the rearranged magath-willy moment and with the new version of trailer ost while eren eats willy and kill some civilians, they will not disappoint us
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Jan 10, 2021 6:46 PM

Dec 2014
No YouSeeBigGirl... MAPPA is really fucking up with the OSTs so far... not doing what the fans were expecting...
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Jan 10, 2021 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
"I just keep moving forward, until my enemies are destroyed"

removed-userJan 10, 2021 7:02 PM
Jan 10, 2021 6:59 PM
Feb 2017
MoonDragon72 said:
BlakexEkalb said:

POV: you are unable to understand what good writing is

I mean Eren is 100% justified in what he is doing. He is defending his people from those who are trying to end their existence.

I do understand what good writing is. Monster is my favorite anime, if not my favorite TV series of all time, it has excellent writing. So far, the writing in this season of Attack On Titan specifically is really bad. In previous seasons it was just mediocre, but now it has devolved into pretentious trash.

Please explain how the writing is bad, with actual examples.
Jan 10, 2021 7:00 PM

Nov 2019
Did he kill Tybur? I'm not a manga reader, I'm anime only but I only realized when reaction channels keep mentioning he killed Tybur, if that was a skip clash skip scene, that was terrible, that should be a vital scene why is it a PowerPoint presentation, it's basically just an illustration of Tybur crushed, oh I hope I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong, coz that was just stupid

EDIT: if you gonna quote me at least make sure your answer has a connotation to the actual question, I couldn't care less if Tybur died or not, my question was more on the execution, why was a vital scene reduced into a mere illustration smh
Haunt88Jan 10, 2021 7:13 PM
Jan 10, 2021 7:00 PM
Jan 2021
The manga addaption wasnt that great, the episode pace didn't build up enough hype for me.
It annoyis me that they chose mappa studios for this season and not wit studio who done great job on first 3 seasons, but overall the episode was good, not great but good.
Jan 10, 2021 7:01 PM

Sep 2016
Noisrev said:
Did he kill Tybur? I'm not a manga reader, I'm anime only but I only realized when reaction channels keep mentioning he killed Tybur, if that was a skip clash skip scene, that was terrible, that should be a vital scene why is it a PowerPoint presentation, it's basically just an illustration of Tybur crushed, oh I hope I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong, coz that was just stupid

Dw there are still more episodes to go
Jan 10, 2021 7:03 PM
Aug 2019
Noisrev said:

It wil be continued in the next episode (on whether Willy is alive or not)
Jan 10, 2021 7:08 PM

Nov 2019
SnipELateness said:
Noisrev said:

Bro I never said it was the final episode jfc so annoying, if you're gonna answer my question at least make sure it has a connotation to the actual question smh
Jan 10, 2021 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Just because you fapped to YOUSEEBIGGIRL or the leaked OST too much doesn't mean the one used was bad. Mappa's OST choices in this ep were phenomenal. You wanting a different song is on you.
So many languages in the world and this guy chose to speak facts
Jan 10, 2021 7:11 PM

Nov 2019
worldprincesspt2 said:
Noisrev said:

That was not the point I was asking ain't it SMH, him alive or not is not the clarification I'm asking but the execution
Jan 10, 2021 7:11 PM
Jul 2013
BlakexEkalb said:
MoonDragon72 said:
A lot of people were hyping up this saying it's really "intense" but they were completely wrong. This was fucking boring. The exposition scenes were way too long and telling us shit that we already knew, a "twist" that was obvious from the beginning, of course those letters were sent Eren's friends, who else were they for. The animation wasn't laughably bad this week, but it was still cheap and lazy. They couldn't even animate Eren's titan form eating the blonde guy on that stage (I forget his name). I also can't stand this World War 2 alegory that this show is doing, it's just an attempt to make this show look smarter than it actually is. What a giant pile of shit.

POV: you are unable to understand what good writing is

Lmao, made me chuckle.

Ok but seriously, I'm all for people having their own opinions and stuff, but it's just funny how this persons profile fits the basic stereotype elitist hater here on MAL. Evangelion, Serial Experiment Lain, Monster, Mousou Dairinin, Satoshi Kon and Hayao Miazaki all as favorites...it's legit funny. HxH too, and honestly I can't see how that is a show that is SO much smarter than AOT that you can like the one and absolutely hate the other.
Though they have Bloom into you added, which to be fair is absolutely fantastic.
Jan 10, 2021 7:12 PM

Oct 2020
SethBigBoss said:
All the budget going to jjk, wise decision
Yes it's wise. It brings in the coin. This is a business.
RaitoruDemon said:
Btw guys it's raised up to 9.09, i wonder is there gonna be a mass downvoting later.
Of course, but the score means so much more when it's still rising in spite of that.
chiraxxz said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Just because you fapped to YOUSEEBIGGIRL or the leaked OST too much doesn't mean the one used was bad. Mappa's OST choices in this ep were phenomenal. You wanting a different song is on you.
So many languages in the world and this guy chose to speak facts
Facts are my first language thanks.
Noisrev said:
worldprincesspt2 said:

That was not the point I was asking ain't it SMH, him alive or not is not the clarification I'm asking but the execution
So everyone noticed but you. I think I know what the problem is.
Jan 10, 2021 7:14 PM

Sep 2014
AoTs story really keeps on giving. I feel bad for all the haters who dismissed this show during season 1

But Mappa kinda needs to step up their game. Up until this part the animation was good

but as soon as the full frame CGI model is there its trash

Remember when titans where the colour of flesh and muscles? Red?

Why do they have to use CGI even for scenes like this?

Also yeah even worse than Mappas CGI fetish is their OST department, this episode was even one of the better ones in that point but this scene was weak here.

just use this OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcPk3xB1VsE this with a fixed titan animation would have made this one of the best scenes in anime history but Mappa kinda wasted that potential.

listening to AoT ost on youtube while I took this screenshots made me realize just how bad this team from Mappa is.

I never thought I would say this now that the final season is here, but I might as well just read the manga now. Wit added something to it, now there is no point to it. The VAs are the only good thing left.

Kudos to the VAs, pushing the anime forward!

Mod Edit: Added image tag; please only one screenshot.
anime-primeJan 10, 2021 7:43 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 10, 2021 7:21 PM

May 2017
Noisrev said:

EDIT: if you gonna quote me at least make sure your answer has a connotation to the actual question, I couldn't care less if Tybur died or not, my question was more on the execution, why was a vital scene reduced into a mere illustration smh
There's literally blood everywhere, I'm not sure how they could make it more obvious that he died.. Also there will be continuation to this in the next episode so there's no need to be so impatient.
Jan 10, 2021 7:22 PM
Feb 2018
RaitoruDemon said:
Btw guys it's raised up to 9.09, i wonder is there gonna be a mass downvoting later.

9.10 now :), love it.
Jan 10, 2021 7:27 PM
Mar 2018
GrimSuspect said:
RaitoruDemon said:

9.10 now :), love it.
it will definitely rise higher before the end of this part this is the best chance it has to reach number 1 part2 wont be as good
Jan 10, 2021 7:29 PM
Aug 2019
Noisrev said:
worldprincesspt2 said:

It was framed in the exact same way the manga chapter ended though, lmao the execution was the same. stop whining.
Jan 10, 2021 7:32 PM
Jan 2021
Toxic mangareaders is a real problem. Those guys are whining about everything, pacing, animation, even music and try to ruin other people enjoyment. If adaptation is so bad and you didnt like it - why you watch and then complaining? Go on Youtube and watch motion manga, stop whining, please.
Jan 10, 2021 7:32 PM

Nov 2019
Roowanx said:
Noisrev said:

There's literally blood everywhere, I'm not sure how they could make it more obvious that he died.. Also there will be continuation to this in the next episode so there's no need to be so impatient.

Jfc I literally said that's not the problem

The problem is why is it a skip clash to a mere illustration
Jan 10, 2021 7:34 PM

Sep 2011
BenRyan said:
lol you said this episode will break the internet but it was not that good
EXPLAIN YOURSELVES
Its trending on several hashtags on Twitter worldwide which is extremely funny next to the capital riot stuff.

It got alot of my mutuals who arent even anime fans talking cause this show had serious bleedover outside of people that watch anime.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 10, 2021 7:34 PM
Jan 2018
Those who are complaining about the disappointing OST choices, specifically those who are comparing it to the reddit version, seemingly don't understand one of the main points of music. It's the same problem Star Wars sequels had with "The Force Theme". It may be a cool, recognizable, maybe even nostalgic track, but that doesn't mean it needs to be jammed into every scene it could work in. Soundtracks can have deeper meanings too.

This is not to say I think either version sounds bad. Just stop complaining about things out of your control. If you really hate it that much, go watch the scene with different music and stop spreading toxicity.
Jan 10, 2021 7:36 PM

Dec 2014
keragamming said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Funny thing is the ost choice has nothing to do with Mappa as the sound director is the one that choose which soundtrack to use, meaning this would be the same ost we would get if Wit studio was still in charge.

This fate was still regardless of who animated snk, so persons ready to attack Mappa need to keep that in mind.
Well, but we don't have almighty direction of Araki anymore.. He was very responsible for how the scenes would commove the spectator, and that didn't happen this time. Just see how the direction in S2 ep 6 during the Rainer And Bertllote transformation made an actual difference in the eyes and ears of those watching it.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Jan 10, 2021 7:37 PM

Nov 2019
worldprincesspt2 said:
Noisrev said:

It was framed in the exact same way the manga chapter ended though, lmao the execution was the same. stop whining.

Are you kidding me, this is an anime adaptation bro, that scene was high tension and you don't have a problem with it being a slideshow? Can you even hear yourself with that kind of excuse huh, I guess you're not only a manga reader but also a anime READER, reading a slideshow
Jan 10, 2021 7:40 PM

May 2017
Noisrev said:

...Because it's not over yet and this is just a cliffhanger? Just wait until next episode dude you'll see for yourself lol, it was the exact same thing in the manga trust me.
Jan 10, 2021 7:42 PM

Sep 2016
Noisrev said:
SnipELateness said:

Bro I never said it was the final episode jfc so annoying, if you're gonna answer my question at least make sure it has a connotation to the actual question smh

No I meant that your questions may or may not be answered in the future regarding the execution of that scene so you don't have to worry too much. If you want a minor spoiler to clear everything up I could dm you.
Jan 10, 2021 7:45 PM

Nov 2019
Roowanx said:
Noisrev said:

...Because it's not over yet and this is just a cliffhanger? Just wait until next episode dude you'll see for yourself lol, it was the exact same thing in the manga trust me.

Oh my god, I don't know if you guys have poor comprehension or just manga readers being manga readers

Again, that isn't the problem

We never saw eren grab tybur, that is the PROBLEM, it's a BLATANT SKIP SCENE, SKIP CLASH done wrong
Jan 10, 2021 7:51 PM

May 2019
Holy sh*t, im shaking watching this entire episode, so intense and mysterious, can't believe mappa did a good job, 10/10. Damn, the cliffhanger, waiting a week feels like a month.
Jan 10, 2021 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode, loved the buildup for the past 4 episodes and this payoff was legendary, easy top 10 in the series
Jan 10, 2021 8:01 PM

May 2015
lol some of you guys are perfectionists
meanwhile me an anime only goes brrr this shit is hype
Jan 10, 2021 8:01 PM

Mar 2013
That Eren transforms into Titan in the middle of the declaration is something I've been looking for to be animated since I read the manga... This Episode is absolute perfection.... Cant wait for the next Episode which action will took place a lot.

As a manga reader, I personally think the pacing is good and the animation are well done. At least more than I expected...
Jan 10, 2021 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
tirthasg said:
shingojira-chan said:

I had high expectations after the leaked image of the attack titan . Well this is just one scene . How are they going to handle the fight scenes in the next episodes ? Sad .
No , I am not a Mappa hater . Just saying ....

Not a hater myself. But it's been depressing to watch this mess week after week. Sigh!
I think you should stop watching if you're that disappointed with MAPPA's adaptation. I respect your opinion that its trash and what not so my advice is to stop watching since you dislike it so much. Why set yourself for more disappointments? I personally have loved the adaptation so far and that because I don't read the manga maybe? I'll continue to enjoy the show, but I reckon you should stop. The way you express your valid opinions are spreading negativity to other people. Just say what you feel but don't hammer it down people's throats constantly throughout the discussion.
Jan 10, 2021 8:06 PM

Jun 2019
Oh lawd it is happening.

Team Eren started to make their moves and I could not be more hyped. The sit down between Eren and Reiner was great and established the road that our “heroes” will take.

I have a feeling that they may be working with the Tyburs to achieve a Code Geass type conclusion, but that may just be me misreading things.
Jan 10, 2021 8:08 PM

Jul 2013
Incredible episode. The conversation between Eren and Reiner was perfect and the tension they created unreal. Kaji Yukis voice for Eren shows how much Eren changed over the last couple years. There's no more fear and no more doubt. Reiners VA Hosoya Yoshimasa did also such an amazing job, my god do I love this guy.

So the truth finally came out about what happened in the past, but for all the people on Paradis nothing has changed. They still get seen as demons who threaten the world and now they became an war objective. But what will happen from now on? Eren vs the Warhammer titan will be exciting, that's for sure. The question is, is Eren able to win? Will he get into a circle of hate and kill everyone? Is he about to do what Reiner and Berthold did back when his mother got eaten?

I also wonder about that soldier who caught Porco and Pieck. To me it didn't seem like it was Armin, but who could it be otherwise? Someone we don't know so far? There's so much I want to know about. Hopefully I don't catch any spoilers.

Oh I almost forgot to mention. I also had no issue with OST. It's sad that people can't enjoy it as much as others do. It's almost like they sit down with a note pad open to immediately be able to write down what's bad. Oh well.
Natsu88Jan 10, 2021 8:18 PM

Jan 10, 2021 8:17 PM

Aug 2018
Why is Eren so hot, I can barely contain myself...

Pretty okay episode. Can't wait for Episode 6.
Jan 10, 2021 8:21 PM

May 2017
Noisrev said:
Oh my god, I don't know if you guys have poor comprehension or just manga readers being manga readers

Again, that isn't the problem

We never saw eren grab tybur, that is the PROBLEM, it's a BLATANT SKIP SCENE, SKIP CLASH done wrong
Lol, I'm really not sure what you're talking about anymore. So your problem is that they didn't show Willy getting grabbed? Why does that matter? We literally see Eren throwing him into the air and then there's blood everywhere after that.
Pages (20) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

691 by Ninnox »»
May 1, 12:33 PM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.