Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2021 4:01 PM

Oct 2019
Damn man, I had the volume turned up for this. The Most that played during the speech and Eren's conversation was great.Hearing Eren's Roar was fucking great.
I knew what to expect from reading the manga but it was so great seeing it animated.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jan 10, 2021 4:03 PM
May 2016
I really do feel like manga readers poisoned the well for the anime-only community through their fixed "hype" image of how this episode was supposed to play out. I'm genuinely happy they decided to go against the grain and portrayed the final scene in a way that much better fit the actual tone the manga was going for. I don't feel like this was supposed to be an E P I C "break the internet" sort of climax, this is both the end of Eren Yeager and the birth of a true devil. From that perspective I thought the OST choice this episode was completely solid throughout.

Also the one thing people keep failing to remember was that there was always meant to be some suspense at the end before the big climax on whether Eren was going to choose to help Reiner or not by helping him stand. If they used a super hype track with a lot of build-up it'd be obvious at that moment what Eren was going to do, but the OST they used in the end much better fits the sudden nature of his choice to commit hard into moving forward no matter the cost.
ModernoirJan 10, 2021 4:09 PM
Jan 10, 2021 4:05 PM
Nov 2017
armchair3 said:
I honestly do not like the ending scene. As a manga reader, I'm suggesting to anime-online to see the fananimations for chapter 100.
7/10
bro just shut up, if they enjoy it don't say anything, also, this is only anime threat, don't comment manga stuff here
Jan 10, 2021 4:05 PM

Oct 2017
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
Ugh.

The execution was terrible. Animation is extremely stiff. Not much tension. The OST didn't have to be youseebiggirl, but the music they did choose didn't add any tension or excitement. In the moments leading up to Erens transformation they completely cut the music, killing all tension. The final scene looks like a power point presentation. Eren looks weird in some frames. Erens smile is supposed to happen after Willy's line about wanting the world to fight with him against the devil's on paradis. Which may seem like a silly thing to criticize, but I'd have to get into spoilers to defend so I'll pass for now. Erens emotions are supposed to be expressed through his facial expressions, but he looks the same the whole episode. The voicing felt like they were reading a script rather than it was the actual characters voices.

The Reiner/Bertolt betrayal scene accentuated it's source material and this episode was supposed to be it's counterpart and it does not do that at all. It feels very copy and pasted from the manga, unfortunately.

It just feels very rushed and passionless. As a manga reader, I'll say blantaly I didn't like this episode. Just really bad execution. It's really sad that the episode preview for next week had more animation than this entire episode. I don't hate mappa or anything, but I think they're not as motivated to make this season good like wit was in previous seasons.

tl;dr
Poor execution, felt rushed and passionless.

Just my opinions, feel free to write them off because I'm salty manga reader or something.

Ahhh I feel the same man ;-; Don't get me wrong I liked the episode but it didn't hit the same as when I read the manga chapter for it. This episode felt off and like you said the execution was poor and there wasn't much tension ;-;

Hikki_a1Jan 10, 2021 4:10 PM
Jan 10, 2021 4:10 PM

Mar 2016
Mizu said:

I had no idea what these instruments were (til now) and I have a music performance degree. Each of them are playing a cimbasso, which is basically a bass trombone with valves. Similar to the ophicleide, it was largely replaced by the tuba in the early 20th century in Europe. Most commonly seen in Italian opera in the past
wow i was wondering that too, thank you!

Jan 10, 2021 4:13 PM

Jun 2016
Eren in [avenger mode]!!!! can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 10, 2021 4:14 PM
Oct 2019
Another Great Episode...
The Music, The dialogue, the Voice Actor... So Good

I'm sure now my Theory was right, 100% the maid is The Warhammer Titan... If not why Willy Tybur looking at her...

I wonder who is that soldier that trapped Porco and Pieck-chan... Is he our people from Paradis?

Oh my god the Truth is revealed ...

I feel bad for Falco, you has been fooled this whole time...
You are sweet innocent boy..

The Cliffhanger šŸ˜±
Eren Transform and wanna Eat Willy??? Wtf
davidyodo24Jan 10, 2021 4:18 PM
Jan 10, 2021 4:15 PM

Aug 2018
Never thought I'd hear Eren threatening someone the way he did this episode. I got chills, when he was talking about those people above their heads or when he said that he is the same as Reiner.
Jan 10, 2021 4:16 PM

Aug 2012
Surprisingly not a bad episode. there were some hype moments and this time I actually felt the character emotions (for a sort time)
The ending felt extremely underwhelming. I was expecting something more epic.
But still a poor adaptation overall. I hope in the future that some other studio remakes this season
Jan 10, 2021 4:16 PM
Dec 2011
Really liked this episode. The transformation and speech was epic. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 10, 2021 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
MoonDragon72 said:
A lot of people were hyping up this saying it's really "intense" but they were completely wrong. This was fucking boring. The exposition scenes were way too long and telling us shit that we already knew, a "twist" that was obvious from the beginning, of course those letters were sent Eren's friends, who else were they for. The animation wasn't laughably bad this week, but it was still cheap and lazy. They couldn't even animate Eren's titan form eating the blonde guy on that stage (I forget his name). I also can't stand this World War 2 alegory that this show is doing, it's just an attempt to make this show look smarter than it actually is. What a giant pile of shit.

Huh? how can that make a show look smarter? There is a lot of shows that used world war 2 themes and inspiration and I didn't think they were smarter or anything. Very weird critcism.

This is basically the true plot of the series, you should have figure that out since the basement reveal in season 3 part 2, but it doesn't seem like you pay attention to the plot at all.

Whether its humanity trying to survive plot in season 1 or the world war 2 type of plot in this season, you didn't like either anyways.

And you are not fooling anyone, you didn't like any of the previous seasons and snk had plenty of hype episodes in previous season and you never liked those so why would you pay attention to an episode being hype at all?

There is plenty of other hype episodes in the future, spoiler alert you wont like them either. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

If you didn't like the previous seasons why would you like this one now? I can't imagine watching 60+ episode of a series I don't like.

keragammingJan 10, 2021 4:22 PM
Jan 10, 2021 4:18 PM
May 2020
Just a masterpiece. Every fucking single minute. Holy shit.
Jan 10, 2021 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
The episode was great for the most part. The ending tho could have been way better. The storyboarding and the overall direction of the transformation scene was bland imo.
Jan 10, 2021 4:22 PM

Jul 2011
I like how the episode explain how the, let's see how the person with the most OP power that wanted peace would react, became a revolution, and now were are in danger. If this was a comedy anime, the crowd would do the "Crowd Facepalm" meme
Jan 10, 2021 4:23 PM

Jun 2009
Easily the best episode of this season so far. The voice actors nailed it and Willy's speech was just as epic as in the manga.
Jan 10, 2021 4:24 PM
Apr 2016
i wish mappa didn't do aot while having jujutsu kaisen. jujutsu having fluid animation while aot got 3d titan and still image animation.

the episode still good but it could've been better
Jan 10, 2021 4:26 PM

Mar 2019
That was awesome, best episode so far
Jan 10, 2021 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
This was my #1 fear when I knew about the change of studio and director, and it unfortunately came true. The adaptation is decent and the show is by no means bad. It's far from it. But it's also an 8/10 good when it absolutely could've been 10/10 if given the same treatment as the previous seasons.
Jan 10, 2021 4:34 PM

Sep 2020
This is when monogatari meets aot,with eldians do with marley in the past,THAT EREN REVEAL WAS SO FUCKING AMAZING LETS GOOOO BOY
Jan 10, 2021 4:34 PM
Dec 2020
This episode was so tense . holy ! so many thins happen .......
Jan 10, 2021 4:37 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Looks like the killing starts here.
Jan 10, 2021 4:42 PM
Jan 2017
Did Eren kill all those civilians in the building when he transformed? This show perfectly portrays real war. Both sides committing horrible sins, both sides thinking they are in the right.
Jan 10, 2021 4:42 PM
Aug 2020
this episode was so tense jfc i'm shaking rn. Also rip willy i guess :((
Jan 10, 2021 4:48 PM

Jan 2020
It's the first time I don't really know what to say about and episode this season. It really seemed bland. The animation was not terrible, but there was nothing particular to look at.

I'm really jealous of JJK that's got fantastic opening, ending and very decent execution in the several episodes that I saw.
Jan 10, 2021 4:48 PM
Jan 2020
NOT ME GETTING MY HOPES UP FOR A CLIFFHANGER IN THE ENDDDD šŸ˜­šŸ˜­I’m already seeing so many spoilers on the AOT which is killing me, I’m still trying my best not to see them because it ruins the mood.

Also, looking at the soldier who led Pieck and the other guy to the room, looking at him, my first guest is that it might be Armin?? Idk the voice and hair color seems familiar lol
Jan 10, 2021 4:49 PM
Jan 2017
dicecop said:
I know I should have kept my expectations low but man, they really didn't do the ending justice at all. Not to mention that they are aparently going for a monotone, dead inside Eren. They didn't even attempt to convey his emotions other than the single smile towards the end. Meh. Mappa not so goat this week

Eren obviously was giving a poker face to Reiner, that was why he seemed so monotone. The poker face was supposed to double over onto the audience, making his sudden transformation a shock to us as well. We get a glimpse of the real Eren right before he transformed, when he says that like Reiner, he too will stop at nothing to destroy his enemies. I don’t at all think that we will see a sasuke-Eren in the coming episodes.
Jan 10, 2021 4:51 PM

Oct 2013
SoranoCloud said:
It's the first time I don't really know what to say about and episode this season. It really seemed bland. The animation was not terrible, but there was nothing particular to look at.

I'm really jealous of JJK that's got fantastic opening, ending and very decent execution in the several episodes that I saw.

Yet this entire season and this episode in particular is getting 10x time more praise than jjk, goes to show you that a good story can still make a series a classic.
Jan 10, 2021 4:56 PM

Jan 2019
fahrz said:
i wish mappa didn't do aot while having jujutsu kaisen. jujutsu having fluid animation while aot got 3d titan and still image animation.

the episode still good but it could've been better

Same, but Wit would go through similar issues if the studio didn't change, so I guess you can't win in this one.

The last minute felt kinda underwhelming for me too, like others mentioned. I expected Willy to scream that last sentence louder instead, and I was expecting more epicness musically, although the silent choice for tension wasn't bad.

Anyway, I don't hate on Mappa and I'd say it was a good episode overall. One could nitpick all day long, but the plot and characters (and great voice actors) made it a very solid episode.
Jan 10, 2021 4:58 PM
Aug 2020
keragamming said:
MoonDragon72 said:
A lot of people were hyping up this saying it's really "intense" but they were completely wrong. This was fucking boring. The exposition scenes were way too long and telling us shit that we already knew, a "twist" that was obvious from the beginning, of course those letters were sent Eren's friends, who else were they for. The animation wasn't laughably bad this week, but it was still cheap and lazy. They couldn't even animate Eren's titan form eating the blonde guy on that stage (I forget his name). I also can't stand this World War 2 alegory that this show is doing, it's just an attempt to make this show look smarter than it actually is. What a giant pile of shit.

Huh? how can that make a show look smarter? There is a lot of shows that used world war 2 themes and inspiration and I didn't think they were smarter or anything. Very weird critcism.

This is basically the true plot of the series, you should have figure that out since the basement reveal in season 3 part 2, but it doesn't seem like you pay attention to the plot at all.

Whether its humanity trying to survive plot in season 1 or the world war 2 type of plot in this season, you didn't like either anyways.

And you are not fooling anyone, you didn't like any of the previous seasons and snk had plenty of hype episodes in previous season and you never liked those so why would you pay attention to an episode being hype at all?

There is plenty of other hype episodes in the future, spoiler alert you wont like them either. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

If you didn't like the previous seasons why would you like this one now? I can't imagine watching 60+ episode of a series I don't like.

Didn't I already tell you? I liked this series at one point, but now I don't care for the previous seasons at all. The only reason I'm continuing to watch this one is because I'm astonished by how bad it is and I'm curious to see how much worse it gets.

As for the World War 2 thing, it's exactly what I said. It's pretentious bullshit that tries to trick people into thinking that the show is deep and meaningful, but so far it's just edgelord garbage. It's like the anime equivalent to Joker (except that film doesn't have anything realated to World War 2, but it's still a film that thinks it's deeper than it actually is).
Jan 10, 2021 5:01 PM

Oct 2013
Amazing episode but solely due to plot and character development no thanks to Mappa. They didn't even make the slightest effort to make this episode special.
Jan 10, 2021 5:02 PM
Oct 2019
tirthasg said:
Horrible animation mess. 5/10 at best. Animated panels of the manga on YouTube are so much better than whatever the MAPPA staff decided to throw at this episode.

BROOOOO TF I have been seeing this same tweet many times lol. You haters don't have any other things to say??
Jan 10, 2021 5:05 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was so tense, I got that nervous-sick feeling in the pit of my stomach throughout.
I can hardly believe this is the same show we first say almost 8 years ago...

I can't wait for next week
Jan 10, 2021 5:06 PM

Jan 2011
we all knew this was gonna be a big one, and the whole episode i'm here like is he gonna do it? but you think back to all the shit Eren been through and there's no doubt he was gonna do it, shit was just good super fucked though that had to be one of the most villainous things hes done but at the same time not that much different than what Reiner did
Jan 10, 2021 5:07 PM
Jan 2021
Many complains about transformation scene and especially OST. I also not a fan of this, imo it is ok, but can be better. But why nodoby appreciate and praises for perfect execution of Karl Fritz story, ost, directing, voice acting - anything in this scene was perfect, it surpassed source material

Aug 2020
I just watched the ep with subs and headphones and oh my was it perfect. when I first watched it I was expecting the leaked ost and I didn't really hear the bg noice and the sounds but when I watched it now... oh damn. the build up was great and you can feel the tension in Reiner's voice.
Jan 2020
MoonDragon72 said:
keragamming said:

Didn't I already tell you? I liked this series at one point, but now I don't care for the previous seasons at all. The only reason I'm continuing to watch this one is because I'm astonished by how bad it is and I'm curious to see how much worse it gets.

As for the World War 2 thing, it's exactly what I said. It's pretentious bullshit that tries to trick people into thinking that the show is deep and meaningful, but so far it's just edgelord garbage. It's like the anime equivalent to Joker (except that film doesn't have anything realated to World War 2, but it's still a film that thinks it's deeper than it actually is).

“I’m continuing to watch this one is because I’m astonished by how bad it is”

Sounds like a typical AoT hater lol
Jan 10, 2021 5:10 PM
May 2016
Can I just say, the ending part was so much more disappointing than I hoped. As a manga reader, got baited so hard by the youseebiggirl from the preview of last episode. There's been countless just manga frames of this masterpiece declaration on youtube like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=500N3UNA30k

Like seriously how could they screw this up, they did it perfectly with reiner berthold reveal. I'm so sad, couldve been like a near perfect episode otherwise...
Jan 10, 2021 5:11 PM

Jul 2016
katsu044 said:
we all knew this was gonna be a big one, and the whole episode i'm here like is he gonna do it? but you think back to all the shit Eren been through and there's no doubt he was gonna do it, shit was just good super fucked though that had to be one of the most villainous things hes done but at the same time not that much different than what Reiner did

Eren going full villian turn is what this anime needed.
Jan 10, 2021 5:11 PM

Jan 2020
I hate be that guy, but I will be

Jan 10, 2021 5:16 PM

Oct 2013
MoonDragon72 said:
keragamming said:

Well its going to get a lot worse! So you better ask mal to add negative numbers in the rating, and the world war 2 reference is what the series is build around since season 1, the hints have been there.

I don't see anyone praising snk because of world war 2 or even give a shit about that, people are aware of the parallel, but that is it, is it cool or something? lol

Find me in any of the episode discussion thread for this season where multiple persons are praising the series for how smart it is for the world war 2 parallel! Spoiler alert you can't! Because its only in your head.

It seems you are a big world war 2 fan for you to be saying a series is trying to be smart for having world war 2 reference.

I don't think snk is smart as that is a weird term to use on a tv show, I think it has a very complex/put together plot(and that has little to do with the world war 2 parallel btw)

I do have to give you some props though, I don't know how you do it as it seems just watching the series frustrates you, but it took me over a year to watch demon slayer as it was between average and fine, although it improve in the last 7 or so episodes.

I took my time and watch it, heck I drop a lot of hype series. The difference between me and you is that I don't continue to watch a series just because it is popular, You and I both no, that its not really the series you hate, sure you don't like the series, but what you hate the most is us the fanbase because we are praising a series you don't like and we will continue to praise it.

Watch with me while the score continues to go up and the series continues to climb higher while you get even more frustrated, I know if there was a option to give negative number scores you would have easily given snk, just because you are so frustrated with the fanbase.

There are plenty like you, suggestion to feel better, make a snk sucks group on mal and you and the others can write how much the series sucks and why it sucks, because how you are behaving is not healthy.
Jan 10, 2021 5:16 PM
Feb 2017
MoonDragon72 said:

POV: you are unable to understand what good writing is

anthonymanzke said:
Did Eren kill all those civilians in the building when he transformed? This show perfectly portrays real war. Both sides committing horrible sins, both sides thinking they are in the right.

I mean Eren is 100% justified in what he is doing. He is defending his people from those who are trying to end their existence.
MegaStrideJan 10, 2021 5:20 PM
Jan 10, 2021 5:20 PM

Jul 2015
No youseebiggirl, no party.

Honestly, how do you even miss the song choice for the most epic scene until now. That song was a no brainer, it is MADE for solemn, majestic moments like these. That part from 2Volt is also way too upbeat, it is ok for scenes where the team everyone roots for is winning, but here... are we really rooting for Eren? Maybe yes, maybe not...

Well, I guess I will wait for some high quality videos switching the OST to the correct one for this scene. There are already tons of them on youtube (go figure) but they're all pretty bad for now.
Jan 10, 2021 5:26 PM

Jan 2018
All the budget going to jjk, wise decision
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 10, 2021 5:28 PM

Jan 2018
keragamming said:
SoranoCloud said:

Yet this entire season and this episode in particular is getting 10x time more praise than jjk, goes to show you that a good story can still make a series a classic.

From where the "10×" is coming from lmao ?
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 10, 2021 5:29 PM
Jan 2021
@MironBiron I would love to read your analysis on this week's episode
Jan 10, 2021 5:30 PM
Mar 2016
For those who think YSBG fit better, i guess not.
I think when it was used at reiner and bertold transformation it had an impact because it was a betrayal for their friends and days together (like they didn't want to lose those days, but they had to do their job) , with flashbacks reinforcing it, it was a masterpiece.
in here, we have a madman who only want revenge with one thing in mind,freedom. he doesn't care for innocent people,he didn't try to cover it, he just declared war. So a big NoNo for an emotional-like ost
they used a good ost but i would rather have the leaked one which gives a vibe of war.
Jan 10, 2021 5:32 PM
Aug 2020
keragamming said:
MoonDragon72 said:

Well its going to get a lot worse! So you better ask mal to add negative numbers in the rating, and the world war 2 reference is what the series is build around since season 1, the hints have been there.

I don't see anyone praising snk because of world war 2 or even give a shit about that, people are aware of the parallel, but that is it, is it cool or something? lol

Find me in any of the episode discussion thread for this season where multiple persons are praising the series for how smart it is for the world war 2 parallel! Spoiler alert you can't! Because its only in your head.

It seems you are a big world war 2 fan for you to be saying a series is trying to be smart for having world war 2 reference.

I don't think snk is smart as that is a weird term to use on a tv show, I think it has a very complex/put together plot(and that has little to do with the world war 2 parallel btw)

I do have to give you some props though, I don't know how you do it as it seems just watching the series frustrates you, but it took me over a year to watch demon slayer as it was between average and fine, although it improve in the last 7 or so episodes.

I took my time and watch it, heck I drop a lot of hype series. The difference between me and you is that I don't continue to watch a series just because it is popular, You and I both no, that its not really the series you hate, sure you don't like the series, but what you hate the most is us the fanbase because we are praising a series you don't like and we will continue to praise it.

Watch with me while the score continues to go up and the series continues to climb higher while you get even more frustrated, I know if there was a option to give negative number scores you would have easily given snk, just because you are so frustrated with the fanbase.

There are plenty like you, suggestion to feel better, make a snk sucks group on mal and you and the others can write how much the series sucks and why it sucks, because how you are behaving is not healthy.

Jesus christ dude, calm down. Did you really need to write 9 fucking paragraphs of this shit?
Jan 10, 2021 5:35 PM
Aug 2020
BlakexEkalb said:
MoonDragon72 said:

POV: you are unable to understand what good writing is

anthonymanzke said:

I mean Eren is 100% justified in what he is doing. He is defending his people from those who are trying to end their existence.

I do understand what good writing is. Monster is my favorite anime, if not my favorite TV series of all time, it has excellent writing. So far, the writing in this season of Attack On Titan specifically is really bad. In previous seasons it was just mediocre, but now it has devolved into pretentious trash.
Jan 10, 2021 5:35 PM
Feb 2018
Btw guys it's raised up to 9.09, i wonder is there gonna be a mass downvoting later.
Jan 10, 2021 5:39 PM

Oct 2019
Damn Eren quietly threatening Reiner with the people above them was seriously chilling, never imagined Eren could actually be scary :O
Pages (20) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

692 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:11 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.