Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2021 5:11 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at 00:38 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeJan 10, 2021 7:37 AM
Jan 10, 2021 7:38 AM

Jul 2019
最後の進撃が始まる。

Wow, what an episode, so much hype, a shame there was no action, but next episode is going to get mad. That transformation of Eren was lit.

The man named Eren Yeager. Watch him shape the world forever.

Apr 2020
Finally Reiner and Eren talked to each other after 4 years, Reiner sat down and talked quietly with Eren.

I wonder who is the person who framed Pieck and Porco.

Falco feels betrayed by Eren, and finally Reiner admit his sin.

Finally! Eren turned into a titan! I'm even more curious about the next episode!

Sep 2019
The whole episode was so tense. I loved the conversation between Reiner and Eren. Eren's titan form looked great. They left it at a cliffhanger, that was a bitch move.

Jan 2009
Eren did nothing wrong starts now huh

and i did not see the suppose 3DCG cut of Attack Titan lol i guess there is none
but off-model drawings are a lot in this episode and the usual average to stiff animation
overall good enough
from the PV looks like the Warhammer Titan will be in 2D (but maybe for the transformation scene only)

EDIT:

subs are out and ok this is the 3DCG cut of Attack Titan then

degJan 10, 2021 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
A hell of a speech by Willy but my favorite moment from this episode....is

Eren's transformation right inside that building. The look of the faces on those guys were priceless. Now that's how you do a cliffhanger.

Sep 2016
Reiner's voice actor is absolutely amazing.
Feb 2018
What an episode. Wow the OST was phenomenal. Cant wait to watch the subbed later and the anime only gets better from here.
Jan 10, 2021 7:39 AM
Dec 2020
SnipELateness said:
Reiner's voice actor is absolutely amazing.
that dude, is just perfection
Jan 10, 2021 7:39 AM
May 2020
I honestly do not like the ending scene. As a manga reader, I'm suggesting to anime-online to see the fananimations for chapter 100.
7/10
Jan 10, 2021 7:40 AM
Aug 2016
THIS. WAS. AMAZING. Absolutely on fire <3

Oct 2017
Reiner and Eren had a long and nice conversation. You could feel the weight of their words. Also Eren's finally transforming into a Titan, HYPE!!!

So anime only folks, get ready to see what the man named Eren Yeager is about to do.

Jan 2018
Great episode but a lot of off-model drawings (mainly Eren)
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 10, 2021 7:41 AM

Sep 2014
I know I should have kept my expectations low but man, they really didn't do the ending justice at all. Not to mention that they are aparently going for a monotone, dead inside Eren. They didn't even attempt to convey his emotions other than the single smile towards the end. Meh. Mappa not so goat this week
Jan 10, 2021 7:42 AM

Aug 2018
Reiner definitely shat his pants by now...

Oct 2020
I was shaking during the entire episode. I thought I might have a heart attack. This episode was amazing.
Jul 2018
Horrible animation mess. 5/10 at best. Animated panels of the manga on YouTube are so much better than whatever the MAPPA staff decided to throw at this episode.
Jan 10, 2021 7:43 AM
Jul 2020
fantastic episode, they also bring some prev season ost. Tha anime original soldier scene is also great. The eren transformation scenes didnt miss. an easy 10/10 episode
Jan 10, 2021 7:43 AM

Apr 2013
The scene between Magath and Willy was cut but hopefully they show it at the beginning of next episode.

The voice acting and OST were on point this episode although I was expecting a bigger beat drop when Eren transformed. Most of the dialogue was adapted as well as Eren growing his leg back and busting through the building no complaint there. I’m not fully sold on the way the ending was adapted though, didn’t give me the same hype as the manga.

Will come back after subs to give a full review.

Jan 10, 2021 7:44 AM
Jun 2020
Incredible chapter, the truth ended as I expected with that scene of eren eating Willy, but leaving that aside, the Soundtrack, damn how good it was on this occasion and the scenes well directed, the tension was palpable, now to Wait next week to see Eren vs Titan War Hammer fight.

Jul 2019
zzzmohamed said:
What an episode. Wow the OST was phenomenal. Cant wait to watch the subbed later and the anime only gets better from here.
any yt vid to OST yet?

Jun 2020
Wait... the Attack Titan is not 3DCG like people were claiming it to be? Then it means that this adaption still has hope? I can't believe it. So this must also mean that Warhammer is gonna be 2D as well.

But yeah like some people said, a lot of off-model drawings in this episode. I kinda hyped this episode a bit too much, thinking it'll be the best one, sadly we'll have to wait another week.

I said keep your hands on the table

Aug 2020
10/10

i am speechless. not a lot was cut too.
Jan 10, 2021 7:45 AM

Aug 2020
Arin-san said:
Wait... the Attack Titan is not 3DCG like people were claiming it to be? Then it means that this adaption still has hope? I can't believe it. So this must also mean that Warhammer is gonna be 2D as well.

But yeah like some people said, a lot of off-model drawings in this episode. I kinda hyped this episode a bit too much, thinking it'll be the best one, sadly we'll have to wait another week.
there's one scene of his 3DCG model at the stage
Jan 10, 2021 7:45 AM

Aug 2019
Outstanding episode. Nothing more needs to be said. Reiner's VA was absolutely brilliant. OST was very good. Direction masterful, and the lack of an OST during the climax of Eren's speech was deliberate to make the audience focus on what was being said.

The Attack Titan looks evil AF this season.

On a rewatch, the scene where the OST from S1E1 is playing gave me goosebumps.
xenosysJan 10, 2021 7:53 AM
Jan 10, 2021 7:46 AM

Jan 2018
Also, they could have done better with the ost at the end
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jan 10, 2021 7:46 AM

Oct 2019
Absolutely loved this episode 10/10.
The preview for the next one tho... not gonna lie, looks really bad

Edit:
wVultuReJan 10, 2021 7:56 AM
Jan 10, 2021 7:48 AM
Sep 2018
The ost at the end could have been a lot better than this. I was completely ready for a new and epic ost but this is what it is. Other than that great episode.
Jan 10, 2021 7:49 AM

Apr 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
I was shaking during the entire episode. I thought I might have a heart attack. This episode was amazing.

You're not alone, especially in the scene where Eren turns into a titan.
Jan 10, 2021 7:49 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
Great episode. Eren's transformation scene was awesome!
I'm going to watch it one more time!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2021 7:51 AM

Oct 2013
Sourire said:
The scene between Magath and Willy was cut but hopefully they show it at the beginning of next episode.

The voice acting and OST were on point this episode although I was expecting a bigger beat drop when Eren transformed. Most of the dialogue was adapted as well as Eren growing his leg back and busting through the building no complaint there. I’m not fully sold on the way the ending was adapted though, didn’t give me the same hype as the manga.

Will come back after subs to give a full review.

It will be in the next episode as typbur is cast for episode 6, despite being dead this episode.
Jan 10, 2021 7:51 AM

Sep 2016
Yo Willy Tybers sister is hot wtf
Jan 10, 2021 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
Eren's scarier here than I remember him being reading through these chapters lol

dicecop said:
I know I should have kept my expectations low but man, they really didn't do the ending justice at all. Not to mention that they are aparently going for a monotone, dead inside Eren. They didn't even attempt to convey his emotions other than the single smile towards the end. Meh. Mappa not so goat this week

Yeah, this is it. They didn't convey it well if I'm gonna be honest. He was a lot more sympathetic in the manga.

Overall, it was good. I personally feel that the music choice could have been better at the end tho. Hyped for next episode!

Edit: The official artwork for this ep tho...

AttackonfillerJan 10, 2021 4:39 PM

Jan 10, 2021 7:54 AM
May 2020
To the anime-onlies, read chapters 99-100 and choose your ost while you're reading this. I don't want to be a doomer but the ending OST was really fucking weird for me

Jul 2012
One of the things I like about this story is the dynamic relationship between Eren and Reiner, and how it's grown since the beginning. Feels like they both have come to understand each other. Although, it looks like it's too late for that now.
Aug 2020
Damn,Mappa absolutely nailed it.Been waiting for this for 3 years and holy shit that was a sight to behold haha.
That transformation of eren was 10000/10. And finally,it begins.The beginning of the end!

Btw, Does anyone know if the AT was cg or not?
May 2020
Damn tense ep, but why the hell it looked like animated manga panels. Where are the movements??
Oh and attack titan looked sick. But next week we gonna see it in a cgi because they made a 3d model of it(if it would be only in 2d what is the point of making it 3d in one scene) In other words it would be 2d in static frames and 3d in action.Hope it won't look awful...
Jan 10, 2021 7:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Didn't even watch the full episode, missed out on the majority sadly, but god, those final few moments in Eren's transformation, was out of this world! What a bloody cliffhanger it must be for manga readers but rest assured, the next episode will deliver!

Eren's betrayal is so darn gold too. Yes, MAPPA! I've been wanting to see it for a long time and I'm more than satisfied now. What goes around comes around, y'know Reiner. Got to feel for Falco though, kid did nothing wrong but he must feeling so guilty right now.

Tense speech and tension on all fronts. Willy's speech was amazing and the background ost added a new layer to it. Seems like a few above aren't particularly happy about it and while I do agree perhaps a different track could've been more fitting but it's no biggies for me.

On another note, Eren being on top of the building confirmed. I'm sure many of the manga readers figured that out but it's a change from the original source material so just pointing it out.

Can't wait to see what's in store for next week! No Op & ED change, as expected. I was hoping they'd change the visuals a bit but well, maybe later.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 10, 2021 7:56 AM

Mar 2018
Maybe this is the problem with the specific stream I watched but the episode was too dark in the shadows where it was crushing the details.

This particular episode had so much still frames and they lingered for so much of the screen time. There were absolutely no frames of Eren punching down on the stage. Movement was also only done when absolutely required. Major disappointment.

Character models were inconsistent. The drawings themselves were not great. They look kinda dirty.

The music usage was absolutely mediocre and failed to build up the hype.

3/5. Hope they atleast animate the upcoming fight from the preview properly.
Aug 2016
I already see the rating going sky high lol

Oct 2020
Just because you fapped to YOUSEEBIGGIRL or the leaked OST too much doesn't mean the one used was bad. Mappa's OST choices in this ep were phenomenal. You wanting a different song is on you.
Jan 10, 2021 7:57 AM
Aug 2016
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Just because you fapped to YOUSEEBIGGIRL or the leaked OST too much doesn't mean the one used was bad. Mappa's OST choices in this ep were phenomenal. You wanting a different song is on you.

Agreed. People don't seem to appreciate other OSTs much.
Mar 2020
Didn’t rlly know what they were talking about since it was in raw but the osts and animation was great so it’ll be one hell of a ride when the subs come out

Jan 2010
Really liked the episode just needed a Sawano drop. From what I've heard so far, seems Hiroyuki Sawano is being credited only for using his old tracks. Not sure how involved he is with the music now.

I still wanted to see Willy getting cut up and can't wait to see the Mikasa and the Scouts next
Jan 10, 2021 7:59 AM

Jul 2019
Starting to think that this episode blowing up was far fetched, due to lack of action. I reckon the final few episodes, namely 15 and 16 will have a greater say in how good this season is.
Apr 2018
deg said:
Eren did nothing wrong starts now huh

and i did not see the suppose 3DCG cut of Attack Titan lol i guess there is none
but off-model drawings are a lot in this episode and the usual average to stiff animation
overall good enough

The last cut where the Attack Titan moves was certainly CG

Oct 2013
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Funny thing is the ost choice has nothing to do with Mappa as the sound director is the one that choose which soundtrack to use, meaning this would be the same ost we would get if Wit studio was still in charge.

This fate was still regardless of who animated snk, so persons ready to attack Mappa need to keep that in mind.
Jan 10, 2021 8:01 AM

Aug 2019
TitanGotRekt said:
Damn,Mappa absolutely nailed it.Been waiting for this for 3 years and holy shit that was a sight to behold haha.
That transformation of eren was 10000/10. And finally,it begins.The beginning of the end!

Apparently the shot of it emerging out of the building was, but the rest was 2D.
Jan 10, 2021 8:03 AM
Dec 2020
armchair3 said:
I honestly do not like the ending scene. As a manga reader, I'm suggesting to anime-online to see the fananimations for chapter 100.
7/10

That’s the problem.
Mappa doesn’t care that u imagined this one particular scene so many times with the same ost for so long that you were bound to be disappointed.
Anyways I kinda guessed youseebiggirl wasn’t gonna get used since I believe let that ost define the Reiner and bertodlt reveal and if this had the same it wouldn’t have the impact.
Jan 10, 2021 8:03 AM
Aug 2020
xenosys said:
TitanGotRekt said:

Apparently the shot of it emerging out of the building was, but the rest was 2D.

Oh ok,cool.Maybe I didn't notice it due to being hyped af lol
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

691 by Ninnox »»
Yesterday, 12:33 PM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.