Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2021 3:01 PM

Nov 2016
Who cares about the art, there will be bigger issues, but I'm ready to rumble.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2021 3:04 PM

Dec 2012
I notice during the flashback the childhood friend voice had
Manga spoiler:
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jan 7, 2021 3:08 PM

Apr 2020
Nice Episode 1, The new studio for this is pretty good and seems a bit cleaner.
5/5 episode
Jan 7, 2021 3:15 PM

Mar 2020
Fuutarou's eye colour. I thought it was me tripping but guess it actually did change.

New studio means new changes. Personally I'm not a huge fan of studio changes especially for a series I enjoyed. Thank the lord this show didn't end up like the One Punch Man 2nd Season and Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin. Anyways welcome back 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬!!
Jan 7, 2021 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
THE QUINTS ARE BACK!!

Animation isn’t bad at all, but the thighs?!? WHY :( Love the new opening though. Getting reintroduced to the quints was real nice, loved seeing their eccentric personalities again. And seeing the flashbacks from Fuutaro was nice as well. Can’t believe Fuutaro already walked in on one of them naked, lucky ducky. He caught on that mystery so fast, didn’t expect all of them to fail LOL, but it makes sense.

Now I have to wait another week for this wonderful harem :(

Uh also . . . Yotsuba is best girl, fight me. :D
removed-userJan 7, 2021 3:25 PM
Jan 7, 2021 3:23 PM

Nov 2019
Waifu war of the season begins...

#TeamMiku

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jan 7, 2021 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
finally came back the quintuplets, I liked very much from new OP and ED

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:38 PM
Jan 7, 2021 3:36 PM
Aug 2010
-Mae- said:

This oddly feels like an original rather than a heavy cut edition, i mean, the hints r linking towards the heavy cutting thingy, but like, imho, feels like an "anime original" plot pacing.

Has any1 got any info about how source-accurate this studio was ordered to be? I MEAN, tbh, there is a good window for them to go full original story, so that all of us get two different stories, rofl
Jan 7, 2021 3:40 PM
Dec 2019
Don't know if its just my new glasses, but the new season appears "cleaner" to me.
It's like its better in 720p than season 1 in 1080p
So far so good 4/5
Jan 7, 2021 3:42 PM

Jul 2019
So they changed Fuutarou's eye color... Well the art is still insanely clean and crisp so no complaints here ig.

𝘚𝘰, 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨
Jan 7, 2021 3:47 PM
Jan 2021
the color is so pretty i like it Moreover, my Nino is very beautiful. I hope it will continue to be good like this in the future
Jan 7, 2021 3:59 PM
Dec 2019
Priyansh_04 said:
ZedelPilfer said:

Does it really look that bad already?

Yes but not the Studio Deen level of bad if you like the source material you might still enjoy this but the art style is sh*t compared to season 1

I actually prefered Fuutaro's S2 design rather than his 1st season design, but i preferred the S1 design for the girls
Jan 7, 2021 3:59 PM

Apr 2020
Priyansh_04 said:
ZedelPilfer said:

Does it really look that bad already?

Yes but not the Studio Deen level of bad if you like the source material you might still enjoy this but the art style is sh*t compared to season 1

Well I think this new art style is better than season 1
(But that just my opinion)
IssyBoyFeb 6, 11:40 PM
Nina supporter for life💕
Jan 7, 2021 4:05 PM

Feb 2009
They are back! Ichika best girl!!!!

Jan 7, 2021 4:22 PM

Jul 2014
Mikuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! I have missed you so much <3. Though after watching Adachi and Shimamura, I cannot help but hear Shimamura every time Miku speaks haha.

Miku is best girl but I'm curious about Nino with all the hype she has behind from the manga readers. Itsuki being first girl still has the biggest chances, she is the typical girl that at the beginning doesn't get along very well with the MC but little by little she opens up to him... wait, this also doesn't apply to Nino? xD. Plus, Inori Minase's greatness <3.

Also glad to have Ichika back, to be honest at the beginning of the series I wasn't that much of a fan but by the end of the season I ended up loving her... and it's always great to hear Kana Hanazawa.

And then there's Yotsuba who I feel we haven't seen much of, so there's that, let's see what they do with her this season. Of course it's always great to hear Ayane Sakura <3. I feel like I repeat myself a lot but this series has a great cast xD.

Man, it's only the first episode but I don't want any of them to lose, I've already suffered with so many best girls and here they all are best girls. The good thing is that I don't think this season will end the story so I'm good for now. I say this but then I remember that they squeezed the ending of Bokuben (one of them) in the final moments... please don't.

I know they're supposed to have the same hair color in-universe, but it still feels weird how they keep getting mixed up by Futaro xD. Anyway, great start, looking forward to more.
Jan 7, 2021 4:27 PM

Jul 2017
That artstyle was hideous. I'm no fan of the anime by any means or the manga, but jeez this was really hard to look at. Everything felt so stiff and ugly.
Jan 7, 2021 4:28 PM

Mar 2010
I don't know how this guy doesn't have a constant boner with 5 beautiful busty, juicy, hawt, bouncy perky young tits just in his face, and they probably going through puberty and have all their hormones' just filling up the air.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 7, 2021 4:30 PM

Mar 2018
Oh man, this is it, this is what I've been waiting for! QQ S2 comes in with a bang with it’s drastically improved art style (entirely my opinion) and antics with the quintuplets and Fuutaro.

The OP and ED are also a step up from last season (also my opinion) and if the studio keeps this same level of greatness that we saw in this episode throughout the series, it’ll be one fun ride.

Nino screenshot folder is growing by the day :)
Jan 7, 2021 4:36 PM
Sep 2020
The ep1 eng sub is not broadcast yet...why?????😶
Jan 7, 2021 4:51 PM

Apr 2017
Idk why but.... i think the artstyle in this season is more better than the previous season
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Jan 7, 2021 4:56 PM

Mar 2016
I’m looking through the comments here and chuckling quite a bit at how people still whine about this season’s animation like it’s supposed to be amazing and forget how derp s1’s looks were.

No, this series still turd level, but at least the aesthetics are actuallly watchable despite being still quite stiff.

Miku at least best girl.
Jan 7, 2021 4:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Honestly I love the new art style, i was personally amazed by how good it looked, and I also loved the episode itself. For me, this was worth the 2 year wait and I’m very excited for more!
Jan 7, 2021 5:03 PM

Sep 2020
WOW!
My girls are back.
Although I think the character design in this season represents a bit of downgrade, I liked it.

Hope they don't skip important parts of the manga.

SkyLETV said:
Mikuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! I have missed you so much <3. Though after watching Adachi and Shimamura, I cannot help but hear Shimamura every time Miku speaks haha.

LOL, I swear I didn't realize it.
Now that I'm seeing again... OMG, what a cute surprise.
Jan 7, 2021 5:08 PM
Apr 2016
Never been a fan of this show, and now I remember why. Well, let's see if we'll see anything interesting in this anime! So far it's as meh of a harem as it was in season 1.
Jan 7, 2021 5:20 PM
Nov 2019
They're back!
For the 1st episode, i really like it!
Especially the animation, looks good so far.
Jan 7, 2021 5:31 PM
Jul 2020
hmm, I don't like the art style used by the studio, I think S1 is better than the current one
Jan 7, 2021 5:42 PM

Dec 2019
Amazing episode!! Such a heartwarming show, loved the first episode. The character design change didn't bother me at all the girls are just cute as ever and Fuutarou's change is for the better I believe. Let's go Mikuuuuuuuuuuu!!!
Jan 7, 2021 5:44 PM

Dec 2014
Didn't read the manga but I was kinda spoiled on the ending. Definitely would be interested if they tried to do endings with different routes but I think there's gonna be a VN soon and I assume that will have different routes so that might be the version to experience.

More Nino is good civilization.
Jan 7, 2021 5:50 PM
Sep 2018
Damm I was smiling so much when I heard the opening cos I just couldn’t contain my excitement
Jan 7, 2021 6:12 PM

Aug 2020
Ishkoten said:
I notice during the flashback the childhood friend voice had
Manga spoiler:

Ah i think i just the one who noticed it, i also a manga reader so i was very sensitive with anything they had.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2021 6:23 PM
May 2018
AlexMasterOtakuP said:
Everybody complaining about the art style, but now it's more faithful to the manga.

I was thinking the same thing, I honestly don't get everyone saying that it's really bad. I was amazed by how closely they got the art style to the manga in this season vs S1. I hope they're able to keep this up and not go the Azur Lane route (though that show had fight scenes to be fair). I also see a bunch of people saying they nerfed the thighs, but I'm not really sure where they're talking about.
Jan 7, 2021 6:25 PM

Dec 2016
The quintuplets are back and I missed them a lot! ^w^ Futaro have a long way and still have trouble teaching them so they can all graduate XD Oh no... Great episode as always, but...
I'd preffer if Futaro's eye color hadn't changed ;_; I'm sorry, but I didn't like this sudden change with Futaro. The moment I've watched the trailer for this new season, I thought is was a joke but guess not, they kept the yellow eyes... It's useless to change an eye color from a MC that always were blue in season one and change it somehow in season two. It should have been better if the show kept the color from the very beginning Futaro's eyes blue OR yellow, and case closed. It's meaningless what they did to him :( I wonder if, by the time it gets the Blue-Ray version it will be fixed and changed back to blue...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 7, 2021 6:26 PM

May 2015
Very sweet episode. I love the closing song too. The artstyle is also gorgeous and much better than the first season's. So many vibrant colors and the characters look amazing and lively. Excited for the coming weeks.
"More than anything, I wanted to protect her. Not cause it's my duty or what's expected of me, or anything like that. I wanted to protect her because of how amazing she is because I believe she's totally worth it. It's always been her, and it always will be...Forever."

Dec 2016

Choose your weapon

Apr 2018
Seems like the anime will be a little different from the manga.
Jan 7, 2021 6:28 PM

Apr 2018
Aikotoba said:
Who would have thought that even the 2 strongest girls on the group hate something like needles, huh?

Even grown men are too xD
Jan 7, 2021 6:28 PM
May 2018
Can anyone give any examples of the thigh nerf? I keep seeing people talk about it, but I don't get where it's coming from.
Jan 7, 2021 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
i somewhat enjoyed the first season mainly for the whole Quintuplets twist on a harem/romcom but after the season ended i felt this thing kinda blew up as the next "great waifu wars" because i kept seeng it all over even in collab's for gachas gameslol.

first season wasn't a looker by any means but putting them side by side you can really tell the new designs ant so hot but fine nonetheless if you don't compare the two lol

watching to see the girls grow even more, Nino getting mad points already for rushing to be the first one to check up on him!
Jan 7, 2021 6:46 PM
Jan 2021
It was a great first episode! It was really good to see how faithful it was to what the quints are like with studying without Fuutarou.

I am really excited to see how they hopefully each develop as a character as the season progresses. Also Uesugi and his relationship with their father...

This OP was just as great as expected. Definitely a possible seasons best
Jan 7, 2021 6:51 PM
Jul 2020
Anyone noticed uesugi's eye color changed from season 1?
Jan 7, 2021 6:53 PM

Dec 2010
The animation is so off-putting. I can't even watch the whole episode. S1 was cute but now with S2's new studio, there's nothing pleasant left in this series.
Jan 7, 2021 7:00 PM

Apr 2020
Ahh yes so Miku is still best gril
Jan 7, 2021 7:08 PM
Oct 2019
this episode was actually really good, I thought the animation would be dreadful and laughable but I kinda like it you know
Jan 7, 2021 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
The episode had a decent story, but the animation and art greatly decreased from season 1, that I’m hoping it eventually becomes easier to watch overtime.
Jan 7, 2021 7:24 PM

Aug 2016
seems the director and team know how to do comedy better than the previous one.
:v
Jan 7, 2021 7:29 PM
Apr 2020
Did anyone else realize that Futaro’s eyes are orange and not blue?If you did do you know why?
Jan 7, 2021 7:48 PM
Jul 2020
A cute First episode
The Girls Visits Fuutarou when he was hospitalized
And Fuutarou Finding The girl in he met 5 years ago
The op and ed is pretty good too
Jan 7, 2021 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
i couldn't even make it 5 minutes with this God Awful animation. Ill give it a shot once the season is over but Jesus that was bad.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 7, 2021 8:50 PM

Aug 2019
Wow its been a hot 1 year, since season 1 first release, time flew by and felt like it hit me in the gut xD Once again we are graced with the most chaotic quintuplet sisters to touch the anime realm, and once again we witness Uesugi fight for his life to help these girls not fail, otherwise it would subsequently result in him actually being unable to sustain a stable income. However does look like we are gonna touch more on that hint from last season that one of these five agents of chaos met Uesugi years ago a bit more this season, which i'm good with. This episode alone also tells me that this anime hasn't lost it's touch with some of the more, yabai stuff.

Been a while since i watched last season, but ngl, i feel like they improved the animation and visuals quite a bit. Idk i remember not really liking the animations and visuals in season 1 all to much, but after watching this seasons ep, i feel like i could actually get use to them. Also, was Uesugi's eyes always so, brownish-orange? I just noticed how vibrant it is, makes him stand out a bit more imo.

OP and ED are pretty ok, maybe needs a few more listens to get accustomed to it.

Now, let the flood gates open, the Quintuplet waifu wars begin once again. *loads M870 shotgun* Miku gang ready up, no medals for second place. We end this, this season.
Jan 7, 2021 9:23 PM

Aug 2018
So one of the girls is probably fucking with him.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endings

Moppit - 6 hours ago

10 by Horizon248 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Jan 28, 2021

132 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 3:02 PM

» 2 year later and I still don't understand the miku hype

PointlessSmith - Apr 5, 2021

31 by 7samy »»
Mar 5, 2:43 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 21, 2021

143 by Yawuz_707 »»
Feb 16, 1:32 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

260 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.