Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2021 2:09 PM

Dec 2019
Finally back! I missed this show ^^ Overall this episode was great and I have so many questions. Kinda seems like a whole new series.

That Emma and Ray hug was so fricking cute though! //////

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jan 6, 2021 2:23 PM
Jul 2019
WTF, there were also demons who fight along side humanity or what's left of it?
Jan 6, 2021 2:23 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was good but damn, now I have to wait one week. Also, I wonder what ended up happening to Isabella
Jan 6, 2021 2:34 PM

Jul 2015
I was not hyped at all for the sequel, because Isabella as an antagonist and this whole "Great Escape" motive were the best things about this series.
But, so far so good.

Jan 6, 2021 2:36 PM

Apr 2020
This epsiode was prety cool

Nothing too important was skipped although with 11 episodes confirmed for season 2, I'm quite curious to see how many chapters will be covered, considering this episode covered like, what, 8 chapters?

The animation was great and despite that weird spider demon cgi thing I'd say cgi was implemented perfectly in this episode, very reminiscent of season 1 actually, something you can't really say about too many other anime. It just adds to the atmosphere and makes the visuals all the more vivid and mesmerizing!

Hope this trend continues!

emma best girl
Jan 6, 2021 2:36 PM

Mar 2020
budget was cut, 3 whole chapters were cut, internal monologues were cut, total episode count was cut too

but hey at least we have a demon loli with footsies

good thing her nails weren't cut!

Alamibo said:
spectrojan said:
You're telling me that little emo chump Ray can outrun those ugly ass deformities or whatever the fuck they are, just fuck off mate

They were waiting for him to get tired and then capture him, because the demons don't want to harm him since he is premium quality.

cool too bad anime failed to communicate that
KuroNekoAlchemyJan 6, 2021 2:47 PM
Jan 6, 2021 2:51 PM
Sep 2017
in all honesty the only reason for me giving it a 4 not a 5 is for the fact that a few things were done differently and for the fact that the mindless monsters just look weird as all hell
Jan 6, 2021 2:52 PM
Aug 2018
Good start to the show after where we left of in season 1 and now what will happen going forward is going to be fun to watch, but also nerve racking!
Jan 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Mar 2016
nice starting episode

crammed a bunch in for fast pace in comp. to manga

Jan 6, 2021 2:58 PM
Apr 2013
Wasn't really impressed with the episode. In contrast to the manga it felt really lacking, some extended periods without BGM also sat wrong with me. Really subpar episode in my opinion when contrasted with what one might've expected. Barely made the 7 for me, with tendency downwards. This might actually go in the 3 episode drop category, but I guess Ill decide that later.
Jan 6, 2021 2:59 PM

Dec 2020
Well, if the ending was supposed to be any sort of cliffhanger, the happy, upbeat ED featuring the new demons killed it. lol

I hope the demons proclaim themselves to be vegan and that's why they won't eat the humans.
SilentCaayJan 6, 2021 3:25 PM
Jan 6, 2021 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
mujika and very mysterious i want to see Emma and Ray fleeing the forest.

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:38 PM
Jan 6, 2021 3:51 PM

Oct 2020
Not the biggest promise neverland fan, but that episode was good! Looking forward to the rest of the season
Jan 6, 2021 4:14 PM

Jul 2016
The TPN is back with a banger episode. They escaped the farm but they had a pursuers. The forest is diverse and some exposition with the world. Ray chased by demons but saved by Sonju. Musica too saved the kids.

OP is good and catchy but the ED is great with nice visuals.

Jan 6, 2021 4:34 PM
Jan 2021
Where do I watch S2 Ep1 of yakusoku no neverland?
Jan 6, 2021 4:45 PM

Dec 2014
Been a while since S1. Sounds like it was paced very fast, I thought it was going fast but I didn't recall enough of the manga to know if that was the case, based on what I read here it sounds like it is.

Given the manga arcs and where it goes from here, I'm hoping the anime can make the experience more fun. The arcs after the first one might benefit from anime style action and music compared to the first one which needs ton of dialogue and exposition.
Jan 6, 2021 4:45 PM

Feb 2018
Alright, They started off by being chased but it confused me a bit because I forgot the ending of the first season too, lol.
Jan 6, 2021 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
Good first episode. Even if I don't really care that much about the characters, the good directing made me feel anxious in the forest. The CGI was surprisingly good.
Jan 6, 2021 4:54 PM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
It was a great episode!!

I was insanely excited about Gracefield's children's escape. (I read the manga, so I knew the story though.)
I'm looking forward to watching episode 2!

OP and ED are cool too. I love ED's illustration <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2021 4:58 PM
Nov 2020
Decent ep, I read the manga until some chapters past the golden pond arc, This ep felt a little too fast and the animation doesn't feel as strong as s1 but still quite good nonetheless, the Cg used for the huge demon chasing them wasn't too bad- mainly cause it was too dark to see. The compositing was good but overall art isn't as good as s1 and the osts were good but I feel like 2D animation isn't as crisp overall. I'll wait for later on eps to see if they do more impressive animation later on. Overall 7/10 for me
Jan 6, 2021 5:02 PM
Mar 2015
A very important meeting
Jan 6, 2021 5:14 PM
Nov 2020

spectrojan said:
You're telling me that little emo chump Ray can outrun those ugly ass deformities or whatever the fuck they are, just fuck off mate

yea it didn't make sense to me whatsoever but I'll let it slip
Jan 6, 2021 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
Very explosive and intense first episode for the season, loved it!
Jan 6, 2021 5:26 PM
Aug 2018
I can see why they skipped so many chapters. This episode ended off on a great note that starts this season off strong. I can see some of those chapters being boring to many.
Jan 6, 2021 5:34 PM

Sep 2020
It did feel like the first episode was kinda fast paced and it also did miss out on quite a bit of stuff. I honestly didnt expect that on the first episode they would already go onto meeting Mujika and Sonju but overall it was acceptable.

OP was also pretty gud but UVERworld still better :3
Jan 6, 2021 5:38 PM

Feb 2017
I liked the opening sequences but it wasn't the same with the song, I still liked the first season's song a bit more. As I haven't read the manga yet (and probably won't) I would dare to say that the ending's images will take some relevance in futures episodes, I liked them all.

No surprise of what happened with poor Emma and her badly treated wound but at least everyone was saved at the last minute by... more demons? The little girl in the promotional images didn't take long to make her appearance and I'm personally waiting for what kind of role these two new characters are gonna take.

One thing I didn't like about the episode was that the pursuers felt too slow to be quadruped while our 12 years old baby boy Ray ran as Usain Bolt lol. I will always hate plot armor but anyway, let's see how it continues.
Jan 6, 2021 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
so after the series ended we all heard the news on how this goes downhill later on like real bad so that bummed me out after the first season having such a strong opener but at least the current arc should be good ?.

decent start though i thought they'd spend a bit more time in the wild before getting picked up by those living outside.

also these kids are damn fast or the monsters are slow as shit
Jan 6, 2021 5:59 PM

Feb 2019
Lol, season 2 will be great. The manga was great up until Goldy pond ended so I’m looking forward to seeing some stuff animated, but I still haven’t quite recovered from how angry i was at the end of the story.

First episode was pretty good, CG was def a bit wonky, but the thrilling atmosphere we’re used to is certainly there.
Jan 6, 2021 5:59 PM

Feb 2019
katsu044 said:
so after the series ended we all heard the news on how this goes downhill later on like real bad so that bummed me out after the first season having such a strong opener but at least the current arc should be good ?.

decent start though i thought they'd spend a bit more time in the wild before getting picked up by those living outside.

Yea this arc and the next one will be great. It’s after that where it gets bad.
Jan 6, 2021 6:02 PM
Mar 2018
I was really excited for the new episode, and it was pretty good! I don't know how I felt about the CGI yet, but so far so good! I'm gonna rate the episode 8/10 overall, just because I think there's a bit of a pacing issue (and there are a couple things left out from the manga that I wish were more expanded on). The opening was pretty good as well.
Jan 6, 2021 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
Marinate1016 said:
katsu044 said:

Yea this arc and the next one will be great. It’s after that where it gets bad.
guess i'll just enjoy the ride for this season and see where my feels are by the end
Jan 6, 2021 6:10 PM

Feb 2020
The new OP is pretty good, I like the episode already excited for the next one
Jan 6, 2021 6:13 PM

Apr 2015
Don't really understand the pacing complaints, yeah they skipped some stuff but it's pretty minor and overall the adaptation is good. They especially captured the mood and dark atmosphere well. The only thing that slightly bothered me is that Ray didn't use the analogy of playing chess and using clever strategies/maneuvers to outrun the demons (it just looked like he was faster than them lol), but it's no biggie. Looking forward to the future episodes.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 6, 2021 6:13 PM

Feb 2009
I wonder why those 2 Aliens/Demons help the children. If I had to guess i would say those are the Alien/Demon equivalent of Greenpeace people that want to help poor animals :D
Either that or they want to eat the children themself...but i really hope its the first option.
Jan 6, 2021 6:35 PM

Mar 2016
This was an interesting start, but I didn't feel any real sense of danger. The bad guys showed up too soon and also failed, which made them look weak. They also couldn't chase a sick kid, which isn't really a hard thing to do. And, they have very adorable voices.

I can't remember why Emma and Ray have wounds in their ears. I think it had something to do with tracking devices, but I am not sure. Do they still have their ears? (I'm guessing they do since this is a children's story.) And, why don't other characters have wounds too?
Jan 6, 2021 6:46 PM
Dec 2020
Ugh this episode got me SO hyped for next week! The ending is intriguing and I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Also, can we talk about that ED for a sec? It gives off such a chill vibe, but I have a feeling the series can only get less chill from here...
Jan 6, 2021 6:52 PM

Nov 2014
Punkero said:
So, ummm, I sorta forgot, why isn't Norman with them again?
Got sent off as human food to demons, mate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2021 6:58 PM
Apr 2016
Oh wow, it got intense unexpectedly quickly; straight into action! The ending was thrilling, can't wait to see how that will turn out...
Jan 6, 2021 7:14 PM
Jul 2020
Damn this is gonna be good
Now were trying to survive the outside world
And the op is pretty good as well
Jan 6, 2021 7:42 PM

Jul 2020
Clover Works did a great job animating these chapters. I didn't really mind the slightly fast pacing because I still felt the suspense and eerie atmosphere from the first season in this episode. And the OST is phenomenal. Didn't particularly loved the OP but the ED is fire. Hyped for next week!

I accept random friend requests!
Jan 6, 2021 7:50 PM
Mar 2019
too fast but I still like it, though i expect the other scenes to be more thrilling.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 6, 2021 7:57 PM

Sep 2016
i hope tpn,non non biyori,slime,and re zero wont get downvote from u know what fans is haha
i really dont want this animes get chihayafuru s3 treatment
Jan 6, 2021 8:09 PM

Dec 2017
This first episode had very good, well-directed moments, which captured all my attention, which is a very good thing. But it was too surreal, which is inconsistent even internally. There are also some issues of proportions that could be better addressed.

This part of the forest getaway story is strange because the anime changes its genre, but it won't be a bad season. The problem is that I read a lot more of the manga, and the outcome of the story is very bad, which ends up being discouraging to watch. In general, except for a part that must come after leaving the forest, with another gender change, everything else is very bad.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 6, 2021 8:14 PM

Dec 2013
First episode and we already get a massive cliffhanger. It's good to see this show return.
Jan 6, 2021 8:46 PM
Jun 2017
ME AFTER WATCHING THE FIRST EPISODE: NEXT EPISODE PLEASE!!!!

What a great way to start the first episode... now we have Emma and Ray roaming around the forest, and then the demons came to hunt them...

and that last part made me interested more about whats next? why do they save emma, ray and the kids?

i cant wait for the next episode
Jan 6, 2021 8:50 PM

Mar 2020
"Dangerous Freedom, over Peaceful Slavery" - This show represents this quote to a tea.

- May God Be With You -

Jan 6, 2021 9:42 PM
Apr 2020
Emma, Ray and other kids from Grace Field are back! They escaped from the farm, but they're being chased by the demons! And two demons helped them?!!

Jan 6, 2021 9:53 PM
May 2013
I like the direction so far. It's fixing little things from the manga and keeping the pace strong. There will be ... biggeer issues story-wise later on, but for now enjoy the ride. This arc is good.
Jan 6, 2021 9:55 PM

May 2020
Such a great start of the new season! Love the new suspense and mysteries.

Also, that OP and ED are amazing...OP is one of the best I've heard in awhile
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Jan 6, 2021 10:02 PM
Nov 2019
Fantastic first episode. That opening was really good, in terms of both music and visuals.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.