Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2021 7:22 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And it's finally back, one of the most hyped anime of this year!

Lol now that the secret is no longer a secret they sure didn't hold back putting gruesome scenes in the OP, thou the song wasn't as good as the first OP.

The children are outside but they are not safe there ofc. This is a totally new territory for them but good thing they have Minerva's help cause that sure is helping them a lot. Ofc they also have persuers after them. Damn the first episode and it already gave me chills. But a girl appeared to show them a safe path but turns out she's a demon? Wow is she gonna eat them now?

Thou the best part of this episode was definitely Ray swearing that he'll survive and protect them this time.

as @KANLen09 mentioned Episode was streamed early on Funimation, Hulu and Amazon Prime JP:
https://twitter.com/yakuneba_staff/status/1346411192131092481
https://neverland-animeusa.com/news/?id=55923
MegamiRemJan 6, 2021 7:32 AM
Jan 6, 2021 7:26 AM

Apr 2020
Man, the opening gave me goosebumps

And finally they all came out of Grace Field House, even so they still met lots of monsters out there

The female monster is very nice person, she helps Emma and the others, okay, the first episode was Cliffhanger

The ending is pretty good!
KaisekiJan 6, 2021 7:38 AM
Jan 6, 2021 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
Episode was streamed early on Funimation, Hulu and Amazon Prime JP:
https://twitter.com/yakuneba_staff/status/1346411192131092481
https://neverland-animeusa.com/news/?id=55923

THE GAME OF TAG IS ON!

Pretty good OST to set up for the future of the escapees: Emma, Ray and the children of Grace Field House.

Into the woods, and a new life for everyone in the Promised Forest. Trying to navigate their way through Morse code (the owl symbol that is prevalent on all books in the House) with Ray is easy enough, but for the children, only uncertainties abound, and that's where Emma and the grown-ups Gilda and Don keep the young ones safe going to find their next contact: Mr. William Minerva @ B06-32.

The monsters demon pursuers really do want to eat children (Food! Glorious food!), and Ray is good at it. The moment he was saved at the very last-minute by a veiled man horse rider gave me Ghost Rider vibes, and a veiled woman shows her face (who could she be in their time of aid?) to everyone's rescued safety.

So turns out that both are related to one another, and demons at that (Sonju and someone else). What is their real intention?

Fast pacing (7 chapters), but IMO it's already written on the wall that Season 2 will end on an original ending note with 11 episodes.
KANLen09Jan 6, 2021 5:18 PM
Jan 6, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
The new OP song is pretty good imo, just as catchier as the previous season's.

As expected, we see Ray's clever thinking at work already. The kids also realize the important book and Minerva's connection with it. Pretty crazy how they get chased by a huge monster already. I like how Emma tells the others to think it like a game of tag.

The outside world is no joke. This season should be about survival and it's up to the kids to make the best of their circumstances. Can't wait for more tbh. Season 2 also confirmed for 11 episodes today. This should be fun.
Jan 6, 2021 7:30 AM

Jan 2020
Wait why is it out on 6/1 shouldn't it be 8/1 ?
DayyanoEYEJan 6, 2021 9:32 AM
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jan 6, 2021 7:38 AM
May 2018
How many chapters have been adapted in this episode ?
Jan 6, 2021 7:40 AM

Sep 2019
The kids are finally at the outside world, though the outside world isn’t as peaceful as they expected it to be.

I don’t know how Rei outran those monsters. Both Ray and Emma have fever from cutting their ears. The animation was good, the big spider’s cgi was alright. I loved the op and the ed.
Jan 6, 2021 7:47 AM

Aug 2020
Mohamed-Elatar said:
How many chapters have been adapted in this episode ?
ikr! I think the pacing is quite fast. Honestly I think we may reach
afterall.
dompsterfireJan 6, 2021 7:52 AM
Jan 6, 2021 7:50 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This was an early surprise, was a pretty nice introduction episode though.
Jan 6, 2021 7:52 AM

Nov 2016
Dope opening and entertaining start.

I don't have high expectations for this arc, but perhaps I will be able to appreciate it more after experiencing it again animated.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 6, 2021 7:54 AM
Oct 2016
My first anime premiere of 2021 right back with the escaped grace field house kids. Starting off with some high levels of intensity. Picking up right where we left them two years ago with the kids recently escaped over the wall and into this mysterious forest. Of course the big kids like Emma, Norman, Gilda and Don are leading the group but the younger ones are no slouches with one remembering about that plant from a book she read in the house library. This William Minerva guy left behind tons of clues and helpful guides for them to find and make their way to him. He definitely wanted someone to figure out all these secrets about their world. Crazy sequence when they all had to run from that big monster chasing them. Out of the frying pan and into the fire though once the demons showed up to finish the pursuit. Norman nearly got taken back before he was saved. The rest too once Emma passed out things looked bleak but luckily some maybe friendly demons saved them. What could they be up to.
Jan 6, 2021 7:57 AM

Aug 2020
"Freedom is so beautiful, yet so cruel" I can't help but think about aot lol. Honestly not too hyped about this arc but they made it good and interesting actually and the ED is really good I love how they used the manga's art style. Anyways we finally get to see Sonju and

I'm simping for demons.

CGI demon was okay but it looked really bad in some scenes. The camerawork was top notch though. is it just me or did this feel longer than 22 minutes?? lol. good episode overall!
dompsterfireJan 6, 2021 8:11 AM
Jan 6, 2021 7:59 AM

Sep 2013
Holy shit so much new shit in that pilot,it felt like a Made in Abyss episode i love it !

This season might be less explosive than i was thinking seeing the final part of the ep.
Deep dark fantasies
Jan 6, 2021 7:59 AM
Oct 2019
The episode started with minutes of Ray and Emma talking/weeping. Felt really slow. Then the pace went way, way up. Felt really fast.
Too much CGI.
Art wasn't great.

I know I was overhyped, but it doesn't feel right for me at all.
Jan 6, 2021 8:06 AM

Apr 2020
The OP gave me goosebumps and the ED was very nice
I think it was good for a first episode, excited for next episodes
I missed Ray
Jan 6, 2021 8:08 AM

Jun 2020
This was very enjoying, how are some people not liking it? First episode was fantastic, as always, camerawork is excellent. I love how the camera is almost all the time at a ground level which creates tension, TPN is known for this. This episode was amazing.

"Freedom is so beautiful... yet so cruel"
Eren would like to have a talk with Emma.

And the opening is good, BUT the ending is just amazing, I can already feel it, it'll be a contender for one of the best ED of this season.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jan 6, 2021 8:12 AM

Aug 2020
Arin-san said:

Exactly! That's what I thought 😂😂😂
Jan 6, 2021 8:17 AM

Jun 2020
dompsterfire said:
Arin-san said:

Exactly! That's what I thought 😂😂😂

Imagine those two talking about freedom, Emma is smart enough to keep up with him, Eren will have a fun time explaining freedom just like Hange when she talks about titans. It'll be a wonderful conversation.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jan 6, 2021 8:17 AM
Oct 2020
My friend actually recommended me The Promised Neverland about a month ago. The day after that I devoured all 12 episodes in about 5 hours. Then, I did some digging and found out there would be a Season 2! I watched it on Hulu, but I'll probably watch the rest on gogoanime. Great start to the new season, amazing animation, (like last season), and I can't wait to see what's up with those two demons. We saw them a bit in the trailer and the poster, but that's all we know. We know they must be important cause they were all over the outro. Anyway, I give the first episode a

9/10!
Jan 6, 2021 8:21 AM

Nov 2013
Can't believe 2 years passed since season 1. Good to see the beloved characters back on screen.

Didn't really like the CGI demon... though it's not abysmal.

Liked ED more than OP.
Jan 6, 2021 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
Huh, was surprised to see new ep out already, and damn, that was a spooky opening for sure. Along with that cliffhanger too. Oof.
Jan 6, 2021 8:23 AM

Apr 2019
OP song and visuals were meh. brightness was definitely up for this episode. So they managed to escape the farm, just barely. Mysterious man and woman come to both ray and the rest of the kids' rescue. But they're demons...

Jan 6, 2021 8:27 AM
Nov 2019
I think this was a great way to start the season. It established how dangerous the outside world is, not just with the demons but with problems like sickness and food an water. The OST is good so far and I like the OP just as much as the first seasons opening.

A lot of this episode was in trailers I had seen but the things that happened still seemed surprising. Hopefully the rest if the season is as good as this episode.
Jan 6, 2021 8:32 AM

Jan 2018
Opening wasn't as catchy as I hoped it would be, but the visuals make up for it. Animation was great in some moments (coughRaycough). CGI was eh. Ending was 10/10 doe.
Jan 6, 2021 8:35 AM
Jul 2020
Kiyotaka696 said:
Wait why is it out on 6/1 should it be 8/1 ?

Amazon Prime. Just the first episode came out early on prime.
Jan 6, 2021 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
oh shittt, season 2 is here! the plot widens, seems like things are about to get interesting. cant wait to see what the 'outside world' holds. wonder if those demons are gonna eat them
Jan 6, 2021 8:41 AM
Jan 2021
It's a good thing that the kids are ultra careful and think about every detail. And i also like where they're going with the story. But frankly, I was hoping to see something huuuge in the first episode. Like they kill off someone onscreen and very brutally.
Jan 6, 2021 8:43 AM

Sep 2017
Just last week rewatched the whole first season in one day w my anime club to refresh/introduce it to newbies but god i can already tell how much Cloverworks has improved in 2 years. The OP/ED has some really great visuals, but not immediate bangers. 11 episodes is short for a series so highly anticipated, but all is forgiven if they can announce a continuation soon
Jan 6, 2021 8:44 AM
Jun 2020
They are back... Yes, the demons
Jan 6, 2021 8:46 AM

Aug 2020
dang, I really wanna know whether the demons that saved them are friend or foe but i guess we'll have to wait a week.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Jan 6, 2021 8:46 AM

Oct 2019
It reminds me of mushishi, I think it's good. If you're anime only,
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Jan 6, 2021 8:52 AM

Mar 2017
What a fucking cliffhanger! Episode 1 and my heart is already pounding like mad... gonna be a good season!

Ray feels completely different this season already; he has a dedication and almost fatherly feel that he didn't have before. You can see that he's more invested in the group and I think it'll give him some incredible character development.
Jan 6, 2021 8:53 AM

Mar 2020
Man this show did not take long to remind me why it did so well back in 2019. Welcome back Promised Neverland!!

The opening sent shivers down my spine and so did the whole episode, compelling! The music and scenery were magnificent!

They used a cliffhanger on the first episode xD, guess I'll be looking forward to the next episode :)

Good episode :)
Jan 6, 2021 8:58 AM
Nov 2020
I had a theory since the first season but what if William is actually on the side of the demons and all the books and help he provided the kids with the mors code was so that if there were some kids smart and capable enough to escape they would go to him since he is their "ally" but when they reach him he just ships them out?
Jan 6, 2021 8:59 AM
Nov 2020
Just finished the first episode and wow... worth the wait. animation in the forest was beautiful and I loved how the book was actually a guide of survival. Haven’t read the manga so im excited to see where this goes. Does anyone know when episode 2 airs?
Jan 6, 2021 9:02 AM
Sep 2020
Why it's all episodes ending is soo fucking awesome
Jan 6, 2021 9:04 AM

Feb 2014
So, ummm, I sorta forgot, why isn't Norman with them again?
Jan 6, 2021 9:04 AM

Aug 2019
Pretty good episode. This was one of the shows in 2021 that I'd most looked forward to seeing along with Attack on Titan, and so far it's delivered.

Some slight nit-picks with the CGI demons but nothing major. Otherwise a banging OP, well-paced episode and a good cliffhanger to end the episode on.

4/5
Jan 6, 2021 9:06 AM

Nov 2019
The escape for survival continues with three new characters introduced.

Could the prepared dinner be refered as the other children? Or are the demons simply aiding them?

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jan 6, 2021 9:10 AM

Jan 2018
What a perfect start to season 2, but damn the cliffhanger to this episode is getting me all excited for next week!
I personally think that this seasons OP is a bit more catchier than season 1.

Jan 6, 2021 9:15 AM
Dec 2020
New opening was good, although I still love season one's a bit more. However, the ending song was really great also, and the art visuals were beautiful. Overall I'm really excited.
Jan 6, 2021 9:15 AM
Nov 2020
Mannnn, I really missed this show!! Great opening and ed song, the visuals were a feast to my eyes and the animation looking great as well, hoping to see more action soon. ITADAKIMASU!
Jan 6, 2021 9:16 AM

Oct 2015
Punkero said:
So, ummm, I sorta forgot, why isn't Norman with them again?
Dayum bro, weird you're continuing this series without that info but ok.

check the FIRST spoiler ONLY:

https://myanimelist.net/character/144916/Norman

Jan 6, 2021 9:28 AM

Aug 2019
The ep started off slow and ended with a cliffhanger, seems like the the same with season 1's first ep. I see more mysteries coming and info for the demons and the outside world.
Ray was great this ep, Emma and Ray hug at the end was beautiful, a solid proof of care for each other.
Jan 6, 2021 9:36 AM

May 2020
Loved the op and a great first ep. That game of tag and Ray almost getting caught gave me so much anxiety, can't wait to see what those 'demons' have in store for the kids!!
Jan 6, 2021 9:39 AM

Apr 2020
Alright ladies and gentlemen, The Promised Neverland 2nd Season has begun. It is my #199 entry, it was alright considering Re:Zero 2 pt.2 will be my #200.

I did not expect the anime will start at this point. From what I remember, the manga picked off differently from what happened this episode or is it really intentional for CloverWorks to do so. Anyways that new OP surely didn't catched on to me, although the creepy visuals let me be interested on it. And the ED was fine as well, courtesy of an Eve-backed song and musician.

Our children has finally escaped the Orphanage and is now at the "Outside World". Things are not going to be easy as they are now pursued by the Demons and strange monsters also roam in the forests. I love the sound of the hologram, sounds futuristic. And it seems like the dynamic of Emma and Ray has not gone away, although the kids sure missed Norman.

After some tense chases, Ray and Emma are saved by unknown hooded persons. Later knowing that they're actually demons! What's their motives and what they plan to do with the children? Too bad CLIFFHANGER is already here tormenting us, that's unfortunate. Well this is not an impressive start to say the least. There is some bad CGI here and the art looks just a bit downgraded in my opinion. Hope the show picks up cause I am not giving this first episode a 10/10.
Jan 6, 2021 9:42 AM

Oct 2010
MAL won't let me mark it as watching cuz it "hasn't aired yet". wth
Jan 6, 2021 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
2 years ago when this show first aired, I was so excited for this anime since it was adapting my favorite arc of one of my favorite manga of all time back then and I had the anime at a 10/10, even after rewatching it recently.

And now in the current times in 2021, it's back with Season 2 but in a time when the manga is fully complete and it crashed and burned. Still though, given the rewatch of the first season being amazing and the fact of the manga content not declining hard till later on, I went into this with some excitement, same way I feel about the anime adaptation of Beastars 2nd season.

Overall, this episode was good. The art is a bit downgraded from the first season, especially the CGI which looked really good surprisingly in season 1 and about average in season 2 but not terrible, but the content is still very good. The series shifts from a more psychological thriller tone of mind games, to more of a mystery, survival tone with the kids trying to find Minerva and adapt to a whole new world outside where they don't have the privilege of being served great food or live in a loving orphanage with a mother to take care of all of them. The tone was still tense, the music was still on point and the characters still had that charm about them that I enjoyed in the first season. Intense cliffhanger too to wrap up the episode.

The opening was good for me. The song might not have the same hype factor as the first one, but it's a nice song nonetheless and I'm very sure this will have a better full version than the UVERworld one. Loved the visual metaphors used for a lot of the frames. The ending song too was class, although I really missed the ending song of the previous scene a lot.
Jan 6, 2021 9:50 AM

Jun 2017
Eh they cut quite a lot to get to the demon duo so fast but I can assure nothing of value was lost. Liking the pacing so far.
Jan 6, 2021 9:52 AM
Nov 2020
Honestly so fucking disappointed, why the cut out so much. Didn’t like the pacing. sigh
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.