Forum Settings
Forums

Is there any Anime that you dropped because of a certain character?

New
Jan 2, 2021 4:41 AM

Feb 2019
I have dropped princess connect because of the mc
He should be titled as the most useless mc in anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 2, 2021 4:46 AM

Jul 2007
I highly doubt I will watch any more Kimetsu no Yaiba because I have never hated an anime character as much as Zenitsu. He legitimately drops the series from a like a 6 to a 1.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 2, 2021 4:51 AM

Feb 2019
EndlessMaria said:
I highly doubt I will watch any more Kimetsu no Yaiba because I have never hated an anime character as much as Zenitsu. He legitimately drops the series from a like a 6 to a 1.

I also hate zenitsu
But i don't know if he got better in the manga
Jan 2, 2021 4:55 AM

Sep 2020
Dropped the irregular at magic highschool because of Miyuki. She's annoying, obsessive and clingy
Jan 2, 2021 4:58 AM
Nov 2020
I dropped Eva, Shinji feels prettty GAY
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2021 4:58 AM
Oct 2018
Strike blood because of yukina . She was annoying as hell, easily the worst heroine I have ever seen
Jan 2, 2021 5:00 AM
Sep 2019
Was close to doing it to AOT because of Jean; legitimately cannot stand him. I’m glad I stuck around, but he is so incessantly annoying it overrides any positive development he gets to me.
Jan 2, 2021 5:02 AM

Jul 2020
I dropped Toradora because this girl, she's annoying as hell. I would german suplex her if I were the main character.
Jan 2, 2021 5:04 AM
Jan 2020
I dropped Fireworks because of the stupid main character who was literally useless. He couldn’t do ANyTHING. Awful movie too but he really drove it home for me.
Bruh
Jan 2, 2021 5:05 AM

Jan 2008
EndlessMaria said:

He's the best character :D

For me it was like half the cast of Attack on Titan in particular Armin that made me drop it.
Jan 2, 2021 5:06 AM

Jul 2007
UberBat said:
EndlessMaria said:

lmao you are trying to trigger me, aren't you? xD
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 2, 2021 5:10 AM

Aug 2012
EndlessMaria said:
I highly doubt I will watch any more Kimetsu no Yaiba because I have never hated an anime character as much as Zenitsu
I was just about to write the exact same thing lol I finished the first season but I don't think I'll watch the new one when it comes out

ワンダーランズ×ショウタイム
Jan 2, 2021 5:13 AM

Jul 2007
ktkwktk said:
EndlessMaria said:
I highly doubt I will watch any more Kimetsu no Yaiba because I have never hated an anime character as much as Zenitsu
I was just about to write the exact same thing lol I finished the first season but I don't think I'll watch the new one when it comes out

Yeah I didn't plan on watching anymore after season 1. But I watched the new movie though due to the massive overhype. That will likely be the last material from Kimetsu no Yaiba that I will consume.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 2, 2021 5:13 AM

Feb 2019
EndlessMaria said:
UberBat said:

lmao you are trying to trigger me, aren't you? xD

:( zenitsu is a good boy

for me i guess it's the code geass mc, he's feeling like he's so incredibly clever and that just reminds me of edgy 14 year olds who think 12 year olds are all stupid and they feel superior lol

i also dropped shield hero because the MC is unbearable

& vinland saga because the MC boyo is hella stupid

Jan 2, 2021 5:14 AM
Dec 2020
EndlessMaria said:
yeah I nearly quit right after the moving house ark because of just how irritable he is and how all he ads to the story is a thorn in the side of tanjiro and even insosuke to a point
Jan 2, 2021 5:20 AM

Jul 2007
Hyde878 said:
EndlessMaria said:
yeah I nearly quit right after the moving house ark because of just how irritable he is and how all he ads to the story is a thorn in the side of tanjiro and even insosuke to a point

Yeah I honestly found Kimetsu no Yaiba to be interesting in its first few episodes. But "comedic" characters such as Zenitsu and Inosuke basically destroyed the show for me. I know Inosuke actually has fans though so at the risk of pissing them off, I found him to be annoying as well. xD

I swear, if Inosuke was the protagonist people wouldn't like him nearly as much and people would treat him as a typical screaming block-headed shonen protagonist. But I guess Inosuke is allowed to get a pass because he's a supporting character? lol it's baffling tbh.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 2, 2021 5:22 AM

Oct 2010
not really dropped but I didn't watch sekirei season2 because of the annoying main guy and loli plant girl, I could only handle 12 episodes of that, at least glasses girl and musubi were hot
Jan 2, 2021 5:26 AM
Nov 2020
UberBat said:
EndlessMaria said:

For me it was like half the cast of Attack on Titan in particular Armin that made me drop it.
what a pathetic decision. Imagine liking KnY better than AoT. Lol
Jan 2, 2021 5:28 AM
Nov 2020
Wow people really be dropping Code geass and Vinland saga. Whats even worse is that they didn't like the MC. Hahaha. And the same people wonder why we get shit mangas and animes when they didn't watch good ones and hated the good ones without even watching it.
Jan 2, 2021 5:30 AM

Sep 2020
Haha . . .

I dropped Re:zero like 3 times beacuse of Subaru . . . It took me almost 6 months to finish it ( the second season)
Jan 2, 2021 5:32 AM

Sep 2020
EndlessMaria said:

I didn't went as far as to drop the series but he was damn annoying. . . He only got like 3 scene where he looked "cool".
Jan 2, 2021 5:35 AM

Feb 2019
I've lost count of how many times I've done it
the one I most remember is Sieg in fate apocrypha, the might be the most projected cardboard potato MC in anime history, his character was boring and plain as shit.
Jan 2, 2021 5:38 AM

Jan 2008
EndlessMaria said:
Hyde878 said:

Yeah I honestly found Kimetsu no Yaiba to be interesting in its first few episodes. But "comedic" characters such as Zenitsu and Inosuke basically destroyed the show for me. I know Inosuke actually has fans though so at the risk of pissing them off, I found him to be annoying as well. xD

I swear, if Inosuke was the protagonist people wouldn't like him nearly as much and people would treat him as a typical screaming block-headed shonen protagonist. But I guess Inosuke is allowed to get a pass because he's a supporting character? lol it's baffling tbh.

tbh I find them both annoying too but that's also what makes me like them so much. I prefer flaws and an interesting personaliy

I don't like your standard stoic boring as heck black haired male protag as I find them so boring they just bleed out all the life of an anime. Which is why despite everything else I dropped Attack on Titan
Jan 2, 2021 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
It took me a few months to finish rent a girlfriend because I couldn't stand how pathetic and annoying Kazuya was.
Jan 2, 2021 5:41 AM

Jul 2007
UberBat said:
EndlessMaria said:

tbh I find them both annoying too but that's also what makes me like them so much. I prefer flaws and an interesting personaliy

I don't like your standard stoic boring as heck black haired male protag as I find them so boring they just bleed out all the life of an anime. Which is why despite everything else I dropped Attack on Titan

Yeah I agree Kimetsu no Yaiba needed more flair because we could take so much of the brother-sister duo before it got boring, but I feel Zenitsu and Inosuke were far too extreme just to lighten the mood.

I also didn't watch Attack on Titan after season 1 because yeah, all the characters were boring imo.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 2, 2021 6:00 AM

Jun 2020
Almost dropped HxH coz of Shaiapuf. Good thing I didn't.
Jan 2, 2021 6:02 AM

Jun 2020
fzlhaq said:
I dropped Toradora because this girl, she's annoying as hell. I would german suplex her if I were the main character.

😂😂😂 Same here. She was an annoying little shit.
Jan 2, 2021 6:06 AM

Mar 2020
I dropped IS: Infinite Stratos 2 because of my hate for the protagonist. Dunno how I survived the first season.
Jan 2, 2021 6:10 AM
Nov 2019
Probably Dagashi kashi because I just could not stand Hotaru (girl with purple hair) because she was annoying and made the show just drag on and made it pretty boring.
Jan 2, 2021 6:11 AM

Sep 2020
I dropped BnHA because of Deku... I don't know I just couldn't keep watching. But then again, the fandom will probably assassinate me.
Jan 2, 2021 6:12 AM

Jul 2007
Psychiezen said:
I dropped BnHA because of Deku... I don't know I just couldn't keep watching. But then again, the fandom will probably assassinate me.

lol the BnHA fanbase is too busy fighting with each other to notice detractors.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 2, 2021 6:13 AM

Oct 2017
  • Re:Zero - Subaru
  • Beastars - Legoshi
  • Cautious Hero - Seiya
  • No Game No Life - Sora & Shiro
  • Himouto! Umaru-chan - Umaru
Jan 2, 2021 6:14 AM
Sep 2020
I dropped Highschool DXD because of the MC. I really hate that type of character, it pisses me off.
Jan 2, 2021 6:15 AM

Sep 2020
EndlessMaria said:
Psychiezen said:

lol the BnHA fanbase is too busy fighting with each other to notice detractors.

You're probably right, I nothing to worry about.
Jan 2, 2021 6:16 AM

Apr 2020
Evangelion because of Shinji, Code Geass because of Lelouch
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jan 2, 2021 6:20 AM
Apr 2019
I hardly drop animes because now I only watch shows with a all girl cast. The male characters in anime annoy me they are trash.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jan 2, 2021 6:21 AM

Jan 2019
Black Lagoon largely because of Revy. It might have been because I attempted the dub (I heard it was good; it was not) and disliked the VA for her but it could also be because I just found her character to be a complete dickhead.

Jan 2, 2021 6:21 AM

Jan 2008
Rosary_Diva said:
I hardly drop animes because now I only watch shows with a all girl cast. The male characters in anime annoy me they are trash.

I'm the opposite. I avoid all girl cast anime as I usually just want to punch their annoying twee faces for being so irritatingly sweet.

I also find those type of anime VERY boring
Jan 2, 2021 6:28 AM

Jul 2016
I really hated Manabu, Sue and Angela in Genshiken. In the first two seasons, it was alright, because Sue and Angela only showed up occasionally, but in Genshiken Nidaime (basically season 3) they made both Manabu and Sue main-stays and that still baffles me. I probably would have enjoyed Nidaime if not for that one decision but, as it stands, I dropped it 2 episode in.
Jan 2, 2021 7:38 AM

Sep 2014
I dropped One Punch Man because of Saitama
I dropped Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san because of Takagi
Jan 2, 2021 7:42 AM
Aug 2020
EndlessMaria said:

That has got to be the dumbest, most shallow reason to give an anime a 1/10.

Edit: Also, you didn't even drop the show. It's in your completed list. Care to explain?
Deadaccount2974Jan 2, 2021 7:47 AM
Jan 2, 2021 7:49 AM
Aug 2020
The MC of The Irregular At Magic High School if easily the most boring MC I've ever seen in anime, in fact every character in that show was boring. If it wasn't for that, the show could probably be okay.
Jan 2, 2021 7:53 AM

May 2020
I dropped A Certain Scientific Railgun because I found the way perverted behavior of Kuroko towards Misaka really annoying (no idea if it was supposed to be a comic relief, but it certainly doesn't correspond with my idea of comedy).
Jan 2, 2021 7:55 AM

Feb 2016
Yes, and I undropped at least 1 such series.
その目だれの目?
Jan 2, 2021 8:00 AM

May 2008
I remember only one anime I dropped because of character - Gatchaman Crowds. One of the main girl characters was just too annoying for me to watch.
Jan 2, 2021 10:34 AM

Feb 2016
Of those currently in my list, 'Golden Time' is the only one I dropped specifically due to one character - in this instance, the character in question is Banri, the MC. I almost always find it annoying when spineless protagonists are forced into really dumb situations that can easily be avoided, but having one as an MC in a romance story is a near-surefire recipe for an excruciating viewing experience.

Few things are worse than having cucks or incels as "sympathetic" characters because they are not even real people outside of cartoons...
Jan 2, 2021 10:37 AM

Apr 2020
himouto umaru chan or whatever its called is the most annoying character in existence
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2021 10:52 AM

Nov 2008
Dropped Ranma 1/2 because of Akane. Worst tsundere ever...next to Kirino lol

Dropped SoraOtoshi and Plunderer because of their male MCs...perverts who don't respect girls are EW.

Jan 2, 2021 11:15 AM

Apr 2020
the obvious answer would be rent a gf because of mc
Jan 2, 2021 11:25 AM

Aug 2017
Uzaki from Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ?

Yonahim_Zz - 1 hour ago

7 by ST63LTH »»
41 seconds ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

102 by 8oomer »»
16 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9087 by KHK001 »»
21 minutes ago

» Which anime from this currend season has a scene where time stop?

Nelsolino - 2 hours ago

4 by Nirinbo »»
30 minutes ago

» Do you take screenshots of Anime

ST63LTH - May 5

47 by FanofAction »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.