Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2020 11:40 AM
May 2019
I hate, despise, and loathe shows that have an open ending. No true conclusion. I think it's kind of lazy. But this final episode felt right, albeit rushed.
Dec 24, 2020 11:43 AM

Jan 2009
solidss said:
deg said:

is she the first evil transgender in anime?

but i forgive her in my fantasy since she is sexy hot lol

She is officially a FEMALE not a trans
https://akudamadrive.fandom.com/wiki/Doctor

my comment was based on this scene on episode 9

Dec 24, 2020 11:48 AM
Jun 2020
I tear a lil RIP Akudam's ;'(
Dec 24, 2020 11:55 AM

Jan 2009
Tynodanger said:
Some good news if you felt the ending was rushed. I enjoyed it while it lasted. 8/10

https://mobile.twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1342189491692261376

no wonder the final episode feels rushed there is 5 minute cut content that will be shown in the BD or discs
Dec 24, 2020 12:00 PM

Apr 2019
Honestly felt like I was watching the joker movie, but extremely cut down and extremely bad.

Shark and Bunny switching sides in the matter of minutes to get everybody to hate executioners. Executioners filming themselves execute somebody who was proclaiming that they were an ordinary citizen! smart move.

Overall kinda enjoyed this anime. Definitely not good objectively, but Pierrot did an astronomical job on the animation, unique character design too.

3-5/10

Dec 24, 2020 12:01 PM

May 2018

So how the hell was Ordinary Person able to hack her way to the Kansai channels when she doesn't any hacking skills.

So, in the end them offering just escape to that place were it was nothing more than a wasteland.....
Dec 24, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2015
Amazing, stylish animation cannot save it from the literal trainwreck that is the latter half. I don't mind the dark ending, but the casual tone the show has set from the start really kills the overall experience.

All in all it feels like a Trigger anime turned Psycho-Pass X Akame ga Kill. 6/10.
Dec 24, 2020 12:13 PM

Jan 2009
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

So how the hell was Ordinary Person able to hack her way to the Kansai channels when she doesn't any hacking skills.

So, in the end them offering just escape to that place were it was nothing more than a wasteland.....

look at the red picture its hinted as a backup program of Hacker
Dec 24, 2020 12:22 PM
Nov 2018
Overall, pretty good series. Characters memorable, soundtrack good, animation great. 8/10.

I was confused though by the ending, what was this Shikoku that the siblings needed to get to? Did I miss something in a recent episode?

Also one other thing, why did Courier tell them to get off the bike at that tree? Was it because the bike was overheating?
Dec 24, 2020 12:30 PM
Mar 2020
The first half was better than the second half but it wasn't horrible. I loved how Courier carried at the end, best boy ;-; Overall 7.89/10.
Dec 24, 2020 12:36 PM

Jun 2011
Very predicable anime, as expected they all died.
At least I wished swindler and courier to live...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2020 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Why does this city share one braincell
Dec 24, 2020 12:47 PM

Jun 2015
What an amazing show, Epic and emotional.
All character give the maxim of his for living and I really love that.
8/10 for this great ending, the second best show of the season
Dec 24, 2020 1:05 PM

Jul 2015
THIS ANIME WAS GOOD. Good stuff, I like crazy anime like this, freaking spider-man motorcycles and stuff, it's so much fun.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 24, 2020 1:20 PM

Apr 2016
ToxicMetro said:

Also one other thing, why did Courier tell them to get off the bike at that tree? Was it because the bike was overheating?

That's one of the reasons. The other is that he lost a lot of blood and didn't had much time left. Also he had to deal with the planes

Dec 24, 2020 1:41 PM
Oct 2010
deg said:
solidss said:

She is officially a FEMALE not a trans
https://akudamadrive.fandom.com/wiki/Doctor

my comment was based on this scene on episode 9

She's older than she looks. Old women don't got it popping like that in JP compared to younger women so that's the context. you aren't the first person to read it like that tho.
Dec 24, 2020 1:49 PM

Jun 2009
the start of the show got me hocked but for my opininon the show would have so much potential and interessting charas but didnt used it at all.
Im really not satisfieed in the end specially the last couple eps just killing of one after another of the main cast is just ..well / weird / if it a kind 8 but not satisfied at all
Dec 24, 2020 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
Here I thought Kodaka was going to pull out a Danganronpa V3 ending but he actually pulled out a
ending. I must say the game ending bothered me more. Here it was a bit expected after seeing in which direction the episode is headed while being knowledgeable of his previous work. I like Kodaka but he really should have left the story writing to Uchikoshi.

All in all, just like the rest of the anime, this episode's first half was better than the second one. No one will be able to write pure madness and chaos like him but the story was lacking more world building and hence the open ending. I really thought he is going with "Kansai is just a reality show for Kanto and they riot against them in the end" ending so I felt surprised-not-so-surprised watching this. But enough of what could have been better (because there's a lot).

For animation and enjoyment alone this anime should get a passing grade. I liked the 500 yen symbolism as that was a really interesting idea in the first place as I always liked it in other media and only now seen this in an anime. All characters got a bit of focus which was well executed having in mind this is a 12 episode anime. All the good things from the first 6 episodes shouldn't be forgotten just because the rest didn't follow. If we set the ending aside I can't say the rest was completely disappointing either; I liked the quantum computer part, doctor's real intentions, Swindler becoming an akudama, Hoodlum reminiscing of Brawler just off the top of my head. It all should have been executed better, maybe if the show had more episodes (or Uchikoshi in the roster) or whatever still I might rewatch this when the uncensored version comes out to see how everything works together when binged.

All in all, it will be remembered as what studio Pierrot can do when they get serious.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Dec 24, 2020 2:00 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
These anime is so shit. Full of shithead. But i love its shitty attempt to be perfect. Because no matter what, you need to be a shit to get a better scenes. By Akudama standard, its for their better lives. Akudama Drive was one of the reason, shit is exist in these shitty world.

Rest in peace, you shit woman, shit guy. Your contribution really helped those shit kids back to a normal lifes, and enjoyed their immortality, forever.
I really hope they got to show the end of those shitty executioners headmaster. Guess, she just ended up being a shit by the whole civillians. Good end to those executioners. Really satisfying.

For these show itself, i can't help but rate a higher scores than i can imagined before. Because, this last episode felt really conclusive, to show how selfish Akudama, drived their own selfishness, their own justice. A tale stories full of surprise, from a bunch of criminals, never expected to be this emotional. And for those thing, i simply give it a higher rate. Together with that amazing art and animation, and that banger ost.

Okay, no other shit words. Solid 9/10 for this shit.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 24, 2020 2:04 PM

Dec 2019
Dude this whole show was fucking sick! Akudama Drive has become one of my favorite anime.

I personally loved the solemn open ending we got. It being open for us to interpret whether the kids will be better of in Shikoku, whether this whole journey was worth makes it so melancholy, which I think fits. Many anime try to give an open ending to test our beliefs and morals and fail, yet this was done beautifully.

While it may be upsetting that every character died, pretty much every death has a purpose. Brawler died to forward Hoodlum's character, Cutthroat met his maker, Doctor got what was coming for her, and hoodlum stepped up, avenged his bro and finished his development. Both Hacker, Swindler and Courier died to forward the story. The fact that every death had a purpose and wasn't done for shock value makes me very happy, even though all my favs are dead lmao

Overall I give it a 9/10 ^^

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."
-Kino's Journey
Dec 24, 2020 2:17 PM
Nov 2018
Anyone else notice that Swindler died on a cross? She played a very Jesus-like role in this episode if you think about it.
Dec 24, 2020 2:34 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
I didn't expect to like this anime as much as I did. Sure the first half is much better but the second half is still pretty good. Loved the visuals and animation.

As for the episode itself I found it interesting, I was surprised when Swindler died first, I thought she'd be the last to survive but her role was really good. She finally demonstrated that she had grown a spine since episode 1. There's no telling what happened to Brother and Sister in Shikoku but honestly not sure I care, the open ended ending was fine.

Overall I'd probably give it an 8.5/10 but since MAL doesn't allow decimals and I wanna be generous I'll round it up to 9/10
Dec 24, 2020 2:51 PM

Aug 2020
deg said:
Tynodanger said:
Some good news if you felt the ending was rushed. I enjoyed it while it lasted. 8/10

https://mobile.twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1342189491692261376

no wonder the final episode feels rushed there is 5 minute cut content that will be shown in the BD or discs
Hoping it won't be like that Director's Cut of that final episode of Railgun T (which I really enjoyed) which is highly unlikely
Dec 24, 2020 3:15 PM

Oct 2008
I haven't felt prompted to post on this accursed website in a long time, but nonetheless feel the need to scream to the world how much this show slapped absolute fucking ASS.

This show wasn't the LEAST bit afraid to embrace its inherently dumb, bombastic spirit every step of the way while still being able to infuse its characters with vibrancy and pathos that so many other 'serious' shows fail to convey. Like all other aspects of the show (dialed to 1000%, all the time), the symbolism and iconography was so overbearing and heavy-handed that it comes back around from being corny and pedestrian to being hilarious and brilliant. I couldn't stop laughing/marveling at the audacity that Akudama Drive displayed every week, and in the end managed to sell it completely straight while also being thematically satisfying and entertaining as all hell. If there was a show like this every season I'd straight-up be a happier person all around.

I've never actually played any of Kazutaka Kodaka's Danganronpa games, but this show delivered on the spirit of what I expected those games to be like and more. Needless to say, I'll be checking them out sometime soon.
Dec 24, 2020 3:17 PM

Sep 2014
A great show with a few issues:

* Did they ever explain how the brother got all that money to hire the akudama and how exactly he managed to get in touch with them?
* I don't recall them ever explaining anything about the brother's cap. Why he had it, what exactly it could do, etc.
* The whole thing about the moon wasn't properly explained.
* The reason the brother decided not to get inside the rocket was never explained.
* They could have given us a little more information regarding the doctor's betrayal. Just basic things like when and how they got in touch would have been enough.
* They never properly explained how Swindler managed to broadcast her own death and turn everything off in the city later.
* The whole thing about Shikoku come out of nowhere. We basically know nothing about the place and never get to see it at the end of episode 12.

Had these aspects of the story been a little more polished, I would give this show a 9 right away. Now, I'm not so sure.

On the one hand, I'm a bit unsatisfied by the fact we don't get to see Shikoku. The fact that both Courier and Swindler died stings a bit as well. I would have been happier if Swindler somehow managed to fake her death and barely survived. Courier could have also barely survived.
On the other hand, everything else about this episode was pretty awesome imo. I may not like the fact Swindler and Courier died, but I can't complain about what they managed to pull off. Swindler basically fooled everyone in a way, but at the same time, not really... after all, she may have become an Akudama, but she was actually just an ordinary person who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

All in all, there may have been a handful of unanswered questions and the ending may have felt somewhat incomplete... but everything else was pretty exceptional imo. I'll definitely miss this series.
Dec 24, 2020 3:39 PM

Aug 2018
Ah I forgot to say that in my previous message : fuck the censor, it was unnecessary at all.
Dec 24, 2020 3:56 PM

Jun 2017
I'm glad the brother and sister made it in the end. But I wish Swindler and Courier could have joined them (R.I.P.). I also wish they did a back story on each Akudama and how and why they became Akudama. Overall I loved the animation and the colors, the story was good just wish we had more character background. I also loved when the op was played in the ep :)
7.8/10
Dec 24, 2020 5:08 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
RIP Swindler, but she had one last trick up her sleeve and that was to turn the people against the executioners again except this time she sacrificed herself. Once the people started protesting, that gave Courier the opportunity to escape Kansai wit the children. Unfortunately, the executioners were still chasing Courier outside of Kansai so he told the children to get off and start running. Courier took on the executioners by himself while his bike was on its last leg overheating. He took out two drop ships, but the last one got away and was about to lock on to the children. Luckily the hacking program that was installed on Swindler's phone shut down the power grid to the entire city including the executioner drop ship giving Courier a chance to destroy it before he died.

In the end, the children escaped to someplace where they can't be used as offerings. Akudama Drive was a fun ride with a bloody ending. I give this original series a 7/10.
Dec 24, 2020 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
damn, what can i say. this episode was just beautiful, the animation the music everything was amazing. quite a sad ending to the series but at least the siblings survived. overall this anime was pretty good, it may not be the best from an objective point of view but i still found it quite enjoyable though i might be a bit bias since cyberpunk is my favourite genre. overall 6/10. i dont think i want a second season because ittl probably ruin this anime but if its done correctly then maybe..?
Dec 24, 2020 5:20 PM

Aug 2016
Nice visuals and some good characters couldn't save this anime. As a Cyberpunk fan, I didn't like the world building (history, lore) and the overall story. Too superficial and its tries too hard to be "cool".
Overall: 3/10
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Dec 24, 2020 5:27 PM

Sep 2011
so the 2nd half of akudama isnt as fun as the first as the transition to seriousness isnt entirely successful and sometimes the edginess can come off a bit childish.....but holy fuck did this final episode bring all that together and make up for it.

I don't know what to say, this is one of those magical episodes where its just going absolutely all out on all fronts with directing, cinematography, tone, and everything.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 24, 2020 5:33 PM

Sep 2020
Great ending.
Too Kyo Games and Pierrot produced a gem.
Dec 24, 2020 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
if you only care about over the top violence and hyper action with some pretty visuals sprinkled a bit over i can see how Akudama Drive could be a 10 in your book show had all of that going on for the most part

but with such a nonsensical plot taking the lead by the end it's 12 episode slot was starting to show how rushed this was starting to be and it's main message by the end is what? "Akudama aren't that bad there just like us" the executors are the real Akudama !,like i'm all for stories about police violence because of how important it has been in the year 2020 but this sub plot really lack any deeper meaning outside of pupil kinda being like wait are we the baddies by the end ,just another point i wish this was longer so it could explore more of it's themes instead of ending them half baked.

also had to have a lot of Suspension of disbelief watching this which is fine it was at the start just silly over the top action but sometimes you just gotta be like did this dude just live through getting nuked twice so he could have his cool final moment lol

do like Swindler as a character her growth into i guess what the call a Akudama was interesting her death was kinda the only one that hit hard but in the end she did indirectly kill a shit ton of people( death on the cross was a little to on the nose).

overall 7/10 good to know theres a bit more footage felt the ending was decent for the show compared to how i felt it was gonna end after last week but needed a bit more and less open ended-ness

hot take i still find the Opening is pure awful even trying to listen to it multiple times
katsu044Dec 24, 2020 5:39 PM
Dec 24, 2020 6:05 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Ok i checked the Twitter account for this anime and if my Google translate is not shit it said that they within the bluray version they will add a few scenes that wasn't included in the TV broadcast they said due to time scheduling it wasn't possible to add those scenes and something about the bluray being a bit different I'll link the Twitter https://twitter.com/akudamadrive/status/1342144755535204352?s=19

Dec 24, 2020 6:22 PM
Jun 2020
Studio Pierrot i need a Akudama movie with 2 kids growin up n takin revenge nnnn Black Clover need sum help lol
Dec 24, 2020 6:33 PM

Nov 2012
Interesting show. I actually liked that all the "Akudamas" died by the end, maybe it's my love for angsty endings but it felt like a nice touch. Swindler was a character with interesting development and I liked her death the most. Although there were parts of the show where I thought things were meaningless or made no sense. Either way, an interesting watch. I hope the siblings are living happily 7.5/10
Dec 24, 2020 6:34 PM

Jul 2012
Those doors at the end looked very similar to another iconic pair of doors from Kodaka's work.

Ending was meh, the whole Kanto plot line made no sense to me, but the show as a whole was pretty cool. Ending was rushed too, I feel like they could've shown a little bit more. Idk, maybe I am just stupid and this one went over my head.

Or maybe I expected more from Kodaka especially with how bad the ending of DRV3 was.
Dec 24, 2020 7:02 PM

Dec 2016
For me it was amazing show, I only hope that it was more close ended but anything what was shown emplay enough to imagine what happened next.

Also why they didn't showed what was at the end of tunnel? Because most likely anything would be too "cheesy", like there was utopia so close to dystopia?? So it would be better to let people imagine ending (if there will be no season 2 or OVA).
Only what could fit would be something like Zion in Matrix series or sewers in Demolition Man... So still shitty place but without "big brother" watching you.

Harukei_bMaster said:
So there's actually 5 more minutes but they cut it because it exceeds their broadcast time. Need to buy BD tho to see that extra 5 mins. I heard the release is 28/12. Dont know whether its being cut in between or at the end. Source from official twitter

@peaswar @Kiriikun @Tynodanger @deg

Don't get too hyped about those extra 5 minutes.
Because if this was cut it wasn't super essential to plot, and considering how they censoring deaths most likely they cuted "unnecessary" deaths.

So I'm about 80% sure that those extra minutes are showing death of all no-name Executioners and or death of Old hag.
At best we will see ~1 minute of no-names deaths (who killed Swindler) and rest will be left for Execution Apprentice killing Boss.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 24, 2020 7:09 PM

May 2016
The ending might have been rushed, but I definitely enjoyed the second half more than the first.
It was much more entertaining and fun (not to say it wasn't around the beginning) despite some of the plot holes here and there.

The show is probably gonna be alot more memorable for its visuals over anything else, though
Dec 24, 2020 7:28 PM

Dec 2016
FlamepriesT said:
A great show with a few issues:

* Did they ever explain how the brother got all that money to hire the akudama and how exactly he managed to get in touch with them?
Good point, I everything was given by AI cat so money probable were from "Kanto bank".
* I don't recall them ever explaining anything about the brother's cap. Why he had it, what exactly it could do, etc.
As above, and cap from what it showed was advanced mind controlled hacking device.

* The whole thing about the moon wasn't properly explained.
I mean, it was destroyed during war, it was supposed to show true scale of war and that moon isn't their safe haven.

* The reason the brother decided not to get inside the rocket was never explained.
He is still a child, so most like he was thinking that executioners will not chasing them after geting him or at least will not consider them priority.

* They never properly explained how Swindler managed to broadcast her own death and turn everything off in the city later.
Thanks to Hacker's "last program" (shown in previous episode), when you see cartoon characters speaking about executioners as killers you can see that those characters have Hacker's bear symbols.

* The whole thing about Shikoku come out of nowhere. We basically know nothing about the place and never get to see it at the end of episode 12.
Hacker gave coordinates to that place in previous episode.
Also because this is place of imagination, like I wrote in post above there are no good choice to show what was at the end of the tunnel. So it was better to go full symbolism.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 24, 2020 7:37 PM

Apr 2009
Who gives a shit about "plot holes" or small details, it's a dumb but fun type of show where literally everything is exaggerated from the very first seconds.

The execution was great, the deaths were incredibly satisfying, the main character development was ace and it even ended up having a decent message.

Dec 24, 2020 7:49 PM
Feb 2018
R.I.P to Swindler and Courier

This show was a complete surprise and a wild ride. I'm glad I watched this.
Dec 24, 2020 8:10 PM
Jul 2016
the executioner boss was so stressed out by what the authors were doing with them that even the chief pulled out his gun and blew his own brains out
Dec 24, 2020 8:29 PM

May 2010
I'm expecting red light at the end of the tunnel since this year is so special...
Dec 24, 2020 8:31 PM

Jan 2013
So it's over, RIP Swindler and Courier, what a duo they became!
Can't believe that they all died, damn, what a show.

The best part of this episode was definitely that little girl who shot the executioner because they killed her parents, and then watching the executioner's face as she hears her story, what a moment! And the whole revolution was truly nicely done.

So basically they destroyed Kanto and The Executioners, what an evolution after so many episodes xD Would love to see those executioners' lives.

Also, i wish there was at least a screen to where those kids were actually going because that entrance seemed like a different civilization.

What a show this was!
8-9/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 24, 2020 8:35 PM

Jul 2020
Second half of the anime was way weaker than the first half. Still a good watch though, but I feel the show had so much more potential than this ending.

7/10

I accept random friend requests!
Dec 24, 2020 9:05 PM
Jan 2011
A solid anime from start to finish.
Dec 24, 2020 9:14 PM
Mar 2015
In the end Akadema brought down the Executioners and allowed Brother and Sister to escape at the cost of their own lives
Dec 24, 2020 9:30 PM
Nov 2019
Why Akudama Drive is best/worst?

● Story: The story is basically "Ergo Proxy x Psycho Pass x Suicide Squad" with progression and ending like Akame ga Kill. But in a horrible way. Those who're claiming it's unique haven't watched those shows. The story was also rushed. Killing everyone without proper progression doesn't make it a good show.
Too many plot armours:
1. Guard easily lets through a truck without checking in a tightly secured area.
2. Pushes the button at the same time without communication.
3. Swindler's weight becomes convenient to go through the train entry.
4. Executioners doesn't catch them at the beginning of train journey but later catches up to that running train out of nowhere to have forced plot point.
5. Executioner throws a knife fast enough to prevent a bullet after it crosses the executioner from behind. Velocity of thrown knife > Velocity of bullet after it surpasses him. LoGiC
6. Executioners can track down Akudama easily but don't bother to send recruitment when needed.
7. Doraemon's Gadget: magic lunch box that converts air and water molecules of environment to food can't produce ramen with bowl because it's a soup at the same time it can produce wine in a BOTTLE. LoGiC
8. An executioner easily lets him touched by an ex-Akudama and gets attached by a stitch.

● Characters:
Every single character is poorly written and shallow. Their behaviour is inconsistent to their objective.
1. The Doctor is capable of stitching easily after decapitation and other detached parts but can't do that easily when she is stabbed.
2. Cutthroat who loves nothing but bloodshed, whose goal was to kill swindler from the beginning copoperates with everyone for a long time. Then suddenly he decides to kill swindler.
3. Courier was the most inconsistent character of the series. His choice of protecting someone is basically similar to mood swing in the name of JOB. He says he does everything related to job but saves others while he can easily take away the children by himself. Then again when it comes to saving swindler from Cutthroat, he walks away saying he is doing his job. Then after that he says delivering them with the swindler is his job but in the end leaves swindler to die anyway.
3. Brawler is a typical fight loving character and his bro Hoodlum had near to 0 narrative value.
4. The intelligent hacker who falls for the swindling of a fake swindler suddenly decides out of nowhere to go to Kanto.
5. The Swindler is the most "to look cool" poorly written character. She can easily let through a truck in a tightly secured area with horrible acting. She becomes the perfect person with perfect weight when she's needed. She keeps a knife hidden from one thug behind her back but visible to other thug and then kills a thug with that knife. She can't be shot by a thug with gun after multiple attempts but she can shoot that thug with one try.

Only good points of the series: visuals, explanation of world building through tv show, backstory of the kids and ending song.

Objectively 4/10 and subjectively 1/10 tier show for me. Definitely one of the most dum_best show of the season/year.
Dec 24, 2020 10:15 PM

Oct 2017
I only have one thing to say
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

173 by vhowl »»
Apr 21, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2020

155 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:03 PM

» Why is the manga adaptation not on MAL?

APolygons2 - Apr 12

0 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 12, 7:51 AM

» Am I the only person who felt like the show was a stretch?

AnimeLeviathan - Dec 24, 2020

5 by APolygons2 »»
Mar 9, 3:29 AM

» Does this anime have fanservice?

Fridge24 - Nov 12, 2020

8 by deg »»
Mar 2, 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.