Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2020 12:17 AM

Sep 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Goddamn the chapter was short (because of all the double pages) but so fucking good, every single Tobbi-Roppo's designs are neat as fuck and it looks like we'll get some more backstory on Ace :D Also curious to learn more on who's who, it'd be cool that we already saw him too when Jinbei was a shichibukai.

5/5 as always
yikes
Dec 11, 2020 12:25 AM

Mar 2015
pretty much all the fight pairings settled.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 11, 2020 12:25 AM
Oct 2018
Chapter was mostly set up but some of these fights seem like they’ll be cool af, especially franky’s. Also looks like komachiyo already got beaten rip. Hype to see what’s gonna happen in these next two chapters.
Dec 11, 2020 12:45 AM

May 2018
Wow, did Ace really try to take on Kaido alone?
Dec 11, 2020 12:53 AM

Sep 2019
Ace was Yamato’s friend... this makes me sad and hyped at the same time.
Dec 11, 2020 1:06 AM

Dec 2012
Lot of dinosaurus wow..
Sasaki and whos who model look terrifying..
Black maria look creepy but i like it a lot
Dec 11, 2020 2:02 AM

Oct 2017
Enel in the front page, it's been so long.

The flying six zoan revelation pages were really cool. Also time for Ace and Yamato backstory?
Dec 11, 2020 2:11 AM

Jun 2020
How the fuck did Ace survive Wano? And hold up, is that the REAL reason Kaido was on his way to Marineford lmao

Also Jinbei has the coolest dialogue every time
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 11, 2020 3:15 AM

Jan 2019
THIS IS FUCKING GREAT
Dec 11, 2020 3:26 AM

Nov 2016
Who is Who, I see what you did there Oda.

Zoans are looking great and the match ups are more or less settled. Only Sanji could be in need of a replacement, maybe Robin. A man with such great "observation haki and not discriminating taste should fight someone else.

Marco gotta be one of the most reliable allies and the definition of I got you

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 11, 2020 3:54 AM

Jul 2013
6 double spreads! I think that's a record for One Piece.

Who's Who and Sasaki's Zoan forms look very cool.
Dec 11, 2020 4:31 AM

Nov 2008
Okay, this was awesome as hell and I call it The Flying Six Form Reveal Chapter.

Oh yeah is it just me or does it looks like X-Drake went Final Form, because he look's more detailed with the spikes on his tail.

Also my favorites is Sasaki, Page One and Who's Who and im getting Enies Lobby flashbacks now.

I SWEAR TO GOD, they better not go into Flashback next chapter.

Dec 11, 2020 7:05 AM

Feb 2014
A lot of great things happened this chapter, however I can only focus on how cute Black Maria looks
Dec 11, 2020 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
Man. This chapter shows all Flying Six and their Zoan fruit forms.
Dec 11, 2020 8:35 AM

Jan 2008
I'm always down for more Ace stories. I wonder who will tell Yamato that he and Luffy are brothers. Or that he was killed. That might rile her up even more.

So many zoans. It makes sense though given who the boss is. About the only one I didn't recognize and got confused with, was Black Maria's. I've never heard of that type of spider before. All the dinosaurs and the sabertooth tiger, we all know about those. But the spider? Guessing it's something similar to the
Yamata no Orochi.

Now we just need that Chopper cure.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 11, 2020 9:39 AM

Oct 2014
Ace feels very out place in wano but lets hear it

Also why does Black Maria look like a smile? Her lower half is straight up a spider complete with mouth and eyes

This chapter had me humming the Jurassic Park theme while reading lol
Dec 11, 2020 9:57 AM

Mar 2020
So the Alliance with X-Drake is official, Apoo had to earn it. Franky vs. Sasaki seems to be a good fight, I didn't expect a triceratops to be his fruit.Sanji is still in danger, someone must come help, and Queelag Black Maria was cute with the spider fruit, I like her even more. Who s Who got a very threatening design, Jinbe may have a hard time dealing with him and the rest of the squad. Page One and Ulti behind Nami and Ussop and more Ace. Not to mention that Luffy should almost reach the roof.
Great chapter.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 11, 2020 10:03 AM

Apr 2020
So Sanji is really simping for this...

Seeing that Chopper's crush came to Onigashima too was such a surprise lmao

So those 4 are confirmed now to go, or atleast try to go, to the top floor (imo only Zoro will make it out of the 4)

I envy Jinbe...

So both of Wano's leader's daughters know Ace hmm...(and yeah I'm assuming that O-tama is Orochi's daughter)
asapabriDec 11, 2020 10:12 AM

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Dec 11, 2020 10:14 AM

Apr 2020
‼️The final match-ups‼️

Correct me if I forgot something...

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Dec 11, 2020 10:18 AM
Jul 2020
Let us all appreciate Enel's comeback appearance for the cover y'all 🤟😁
Dec 11, 2020 12:21 PM

Aug 2018
What a big big reveals chapter, not only do we,know what ancient zoans the flying six posses but we also know which strawhat will probably fight each of them.

That ending with Yamato and Mononosuke with the mentioning of Ace was great way to end whole chapter and add more hype to 999
Dec 11, 2020 3:11 PM

Nov 2018
asapabri said:
‼️The final match-ups‼️

wow thanks, lots of things happening at once oda's brain really on different level..
Dec 11, 2020 7:11 PM

Nov 2018
Please no flash back
Dec 12, 2020 2:00 AM

Jun 2014
A short chapter but all those double pages are the reason for that. It was cool seeing all the Ancient Zoan forms of the Flying Six. As someone who can't stand spiders, Black Maria looming over me like that would give me a heart attack lol.

This chapter mostly set up what looks to be the various "final matchups" as the arc heads toward its climax. I'm interested in seeing where Yamato's recollection of Ace will go. If it's a flashback I hope it's brief.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 12, 2020 3:59 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Did Luffy just acknowledge Sanji as superior to him when it comes to Observation Haki? That will steer a lot of controversy within the community.

Jinbei and Who's Who, literally a Fish vs. a Cat. Brilliant Oda.
That cliff hanger at the end, OMG Oda. Ace is still getting feats even after he died.
Dec 12, 2020 5:58 AM

Jul 2017
So... many... double... spreads.
Dec 12, 2020 7:58 AM

Apr 2020
sogegesoge said:
asapabri said:
‼️The final match-ups‼️

wow thanks, lots of things happening at once oda's brain really on different level..
Recollecting all those characters in Wano and figuring this out was hell lmao...Oda is a literate genius

Eoussama said:
Did Luffy just acknowledge Sanji as superior to him when it comes to Observation Haki? That will steer a lot of controversy within the community.
There is nothing that gets more on my nerves than those power ranking fools ugh...but in this case Luffy just said that he thinks that he needs to work on his observation because Jinbe said he thinks Sanji sensed a powerful enemy, which Luffy couldn't sense, but which also Sanji didn't sense too... (unless you count his damsel-in-distress simp sensor) Jinbe just doesn't know about Sanji's simping...

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Dec 12, 2020 8:02 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
asapabri said:
sogegesoge said:

Recollecting all those characters in Wano and figuring this out was hell lmao...Oda is a literate genius

Eoussama said:
There is nothing that gets more on my nerves than those power ranking fools ugh...but in this case Luffy just said that he thinks that he needs to work on his observation because Jinbe said he thinks Sanji sensed a powerful enemy, which Luffy couldn't sense, but which also Sanji didn't sense too... (unless you count his damsel-in-distress simp sensor) Jinbe just doesn't know about Sanji's simping...

I'm not a power scaler, it's just how I read his line. And I wouldn't be surprised if Sanji surpasses Luffy in sensing people's presence, after all, Oda did say it was his specialty, and also, Observation Haki has so many other applications to it, and not excelling at one doesn't take anything from your mastery of the other (like future sight and sensing emotions).
Dec 12, 2020 8:11 AM

Apr 2020
Eoussama said:
asapabri said:

I'm not a power scaler, it's just how I read his line. And I wouldn't be surprised if Sanji surpasses Luffy in sensing people's presence, after all, Oda did say it was his specialty, and also, Observation Haki has so many other applications to it, and not excelling at one doesn't take anything from your mastery of the other (like future sight and sensing emotions).
I was referring to the toxic twitter folks and not you when I talked about the power scalers lmao and I agree and hope that Sanji will become better in observation, which he also imo actually was prior to Luffy learning future sight, but we still haven't seen much of him so my hopes are high...and about the emotion stuff, imo that's just Oda being Oda and not the true potential of Sanji lmao

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Dec 12, 2020 1:35 PM

Dec 2013
asapabri said:

I envy Jinbe...

Who's who knows how to live good life. Neko, neko :)
Dec 12, 2020 4:03 PM

Apr 2020
MalyRBT said:
asapabri said:

I envy Jinbe...

Who's who knows how to live good life. Neko, neko :)
Can't judge a man who believes in neko supremacy🤷🏾‍♂️

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Dec 13, 2020 1:50 AM
Nov 2017
Surely Usopp and Nami aren't going to take out Ulti and pay pay. I'm thinking they will find another match up.
Dec 13, 2020 4:20 AM

Apr 2020
Tequila_Wolf said:
Surely Usopp and Nami aren't going to take out Ulti and pay pay. I'm thinking they will find another match up.
They will have to fight them...they are literally the weakest Tobiroppo. If they don't fight them, they will have to fight mere Smile fodder and looking at how important Wano will be, it doesn't make sense. Also, they will have the help of Tama...

Believe this come true. Every word, every match-up.

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Dec 13, 2020 7:54 AM

Jun 2009
asapabri said:
Tequila_Wolf said:
They will have to fight them...they are literally the weakest Tobiroppo. If they don't fight them, they will have to fight mere Smile fodder and looking at how important Wano will be, it doesn't make sense. Also, they will have the help of Tama...

Says who, your headcanon? Usopp didn't beat anyone in Enies Lobby or Dressrosa. Not everyone needs an important fight(even your matchup list doesn't give Chopper one).
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Dec 13, 2020 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
That Enel cover is so wholesome.
Dec 13, 2020 8:50 AM

Mar 2016
Great chapter. Loved the designs of the Tobi Roppo, except Maria's which looked like Smile instead of devil fruit.

Also, as for Ace appearing at the end, I think it was around the time he visited Tama. Guess he went to kill Kaido for taking revenge.
Dec 13, 2020 9:15 AM
Jul 2015
sanji being sanji nothing new, creativity of GODa after these years does not cease to surprise me with the perfect representation of the character only the ending disappoints a bit in the end, how much can one weak pirate do
Dec 13, 2020 10:27 AM

Sep 2020
This chapter was way too short, it looks like they’re setting up the fights with the straw hats and Tobiroppo, would be interesting to see how Sanji fights all those girls...

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 13, 2020 11:16 AM

Feb 2010
SO...Who's Who is someone Jimbei(and possibly the readers) will recognize once they see his face! SO Who Is Who's Who? Who had a thing for cats??
Dec 13, 2020 12:41 PM

Aug 2015
Enel listening to his own music in an alternate universe is so cool.

Again, a very out of place chapter. But the animals chosen by Oda to be on the Tobi Roppo are good choices. I hope we can see some General vs Triceratops, since it feels very brawler like. Besides that, Jinbe is just awesome, and Sanji will never stop being a simp.

You know, it will be extremely funny seeing Ace in the floor semi-death like Luffy when decided to mess with Kaido, but we all know it´s not going to happen. I feel Oda should let the WB crew be what they are, since every flashback and step he takes back to justify their power is another nail in the coffin for Marineford. The thing is, I understand why people like Ace, but he is dead, let him be that way and move on the plot. Chapters feel dragged out because there are 9 to 10 things going on at the same time, so why don´t advance the main ones instead or putting a flashback in the middle of all chaos? At least Oden´s flashback was better placed, since there was nothing interesting happening in Wano.
Dec 13, 2020 3:05 PM

Dec 2013
A lot of cool zoan powers in this chapter.

Time for more ace next chapter? Maybe?
Dec 13, 2020 4:55 PM

Apr 2020
Misha-Marches said:
asapabri said:

Says who, your headcanon? Usopp didn't beat anyone in Enies Lobby or Dressrosa. Not everyone needs an important fight(even your matchup list doesn't give Chopper one).
Obviously my headcanon will become true and you should ask yourself why :) We will meet again in a few month...

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Dec 13, 2020 6:02 PM
Nov 2017
asapabri said:
Misha-Marches said:

Obviously my headcanon will become true and you should ask yourself why :) We will meet again in a few month...

Was it ever explicitly stated they are the weakest?

I think it's a bad match up. Neither are Brawlers. It would be cool to see page 1 v Sanji. Obviously that leaves Ulti, free (the whole doesn't hit women thing). So Chopper and Sanji could vs pay pay and Ulti while Usopp and Nami take black Maria.

The only issue is we have no idea how she fights...
Dec 13, 2020 11:15 PM
Nov 2020
I hope there is no ace's lashback in 1000 Chapter... Please Oda no... Anyway Tobi Roppo's devil fruit are so beutifull... <3
Dec 14, 2020 2:29 AM

Aug 2020
literally chapter was too short mah! oda could have done better. Ace's flashback at the end, what an astonished cliffhanger. I know where it's going now precisely,but how did ace manage to escape wano?
GauravPandey919Dec 14, 2020 3:11 AM
Dec 14, 2020 8:13 AM
Mar 2015
have to love the giant burning samurai Chopper
Dec 14, 2020 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
this chapter has an immense chance of being the beginning of a flood of frantic chapters. Loved it!
Dec 15, 2020 2:26 PM

Sep 2009
Not bad, just a bit short. I like the fact the tobiroppo are all(?) ancient zoan users. Now I just hope the fights won't last 1000000 chapters...
Dec 15, 2020 6:51 PM
Nov 2019
Can't wait to see how Who's Who fights! I'm guessing a flashback next week then later on lots and lots of fights.
Dec 15, 2020 6:56 PM

Jul 2020
Wow Enel was such a throwback.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

33 by Ave_Fenix »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

19 by Explncos »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 27, 2023

58 by Xpection »»
May 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 403 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

11 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 3:29 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 401 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

10 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 1:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.