Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 6, 2020 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn Nana is a survivor. And by surviving, she is both a tough girl and able to recover from injury.

Tbh, I think she kinda lucked out this time. On the other hand, I think it's also interesting to know her past, especially the parts about her family.
Stark700Dec 6, 2020 5:52 AM
Dec 6, 2020 5:43 AM

Jul 2017
The TRUE terror has arrived: an ACTUAL Enemy of Humanity that Nana has no winning chance of survival over!

Well, at least Tachibana wants to play the cat-and-mouse game fair and square and figure out the new generation's games before he does anything next (and that includes Nana's as well), while his cat shapeshifting does all the covert work.

Michiru's such a devoted friend (putting her doppelganger personality aside) to Nana though, despite the latter's backstory that was the norm until it all went to the dark and tragic side.

Another lifeless body spotted, and the suspect AIN'T Nana...WHO COULD IT BE?

With that, welcome to the final arc of the anime: the long-stretched Invisible Blade arc.
Dec 6, 2020 5:48 AM

Nov 2010
As this show is being aired at night, I was a little startled by the knock on the door.
Dec 6, 2020 5:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was interesting to learn more about Nana's backstory, well it's not surprising that it is very dark and violent with the murder of her parents, and she feels guilty because she didn't lock the window, but well the most interesting event is sure this cliffhanger, can't wait to see what really happened
Dec 6, 2020 5:55 AM
Apr 2020
🖒. I hate her but I love her as well with that story. But this is when she gain character development. From now on she should be a waifu I guess since I read the manga.
Dec 6, 2020 5:59 AM

Jun 2012

So, I guess that was a flag.
Dec 6, 2020 6:02 AM

Nov 2019
Even murderers like Nana have a sad backstory, but that backstory was just brutal.

Looks like Jin was right, we have another murderer aside from Nana, and the last frame of this episode (preview episode title reveal) may or may not have spoiled the identity of the other murderer. Curious to see if that green-haired girl in the last frame is indeed the killer, or just a bamboozle.
Dec 6, 2020 6:18 AM

Oct 2017
Was that backstory legit or just a made up story? I have my doubts.

Interesting twist at the end yet again, who murdered this dude.
Dec 6, 2020 6:19 AM

Jan 2014
Aaahh yes, Nana's background is shown in more detail. I remember reading about this, and being quite shocked about how deep and disturbing it all was. Poor gal.
Dec 6, 2020 6:24 AM

Sep 2019
Nana's backstory was sad. Apparently, there are 2 impostors on the island (if not more).
Dec 6, 2020 6:29 AM

Apr 2014
Nana's past is very sad and depressing.

Who is SUS??? Maybe the green is sus this time or some of their classmate because for some reason I don't think that Tachibana is the killer.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 6, 2020 6:32 AM

Jun 2012
MegamiRem said:

Interesting twist at the end yet again, who murdered this dude.

Back story is legit but there are
Dec 6, 2020 6:33 AM
Feb 2019
damn this anime is a trap now idk how to relate to this anime anymore because I can't give my sympathy to nana because i kinda expected a bigger potrayal on the story, like nana might have a very tragic past but she and those human also killing these superpower kids, i got it if they thought that these kids could be a threat but it's 50-50 right? like these superpower kids are also got into this trapped because of their power. since everyone are a killer i would say this anime got no protagonist but at the end the writer want to create such a protagonist I'm really confused this ain't great but ain't bad. this kind of story is a classic but i still hate it. I'm not an manga reader so I'll looking forward for a satisfying ending or anything
Dec 6, 2020 6:40 AM

Mar 2020
Well today's episode showed Nana's backstory. It is very sad indeed.

Well I enjoyed Nana being beat down by Tachibana, greatest moment of the whole series.

Two killers, they made it quite obvious who the second killer is...I'm gonna look dumb when my guess is wrong. Well I don't wanna call out the name yet until I know 100% who it is.

OK episode :/
Dec 6, 2020 7:01 AM

Aug 2012
I thought about the existent of the second murderer since episode 2. It just seemed natural for the government to send a backup agent in case the first one fails the mission. An agent whose identity is not known to the main killer. But I guess that's not the case, and another person started assassin people just because. That was probably the same one who attacked Nana in episode 1.
Dec 6, 2020 7:08 AM

Nov 2013
So yeah my wish last week is kinda granted, Episodes like this one are kinda dull, but they’re also needed because they serve as a a breather between all the bloodshed and violence (well there is one but very little). It would put some distance between each of the murders. How ridiculous would it be if the show jumped from one murderin’ conflict to the next without pause? It’d be tiring to watch.

Next wish incoming again. I just wish the show had more interesting characters in general. In our heroine, she was okay but I’m not seeing this amazing character development that others had hyped up. Maybe I'm supposed to enjoy this show not based on the characters but whatever. Let's see who's the psycopath?
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 6, 2020 7:09 AM

Nov 2016
This episode definitely cemented Nana's status as tragic heroine, depending on how things develop she will be in for another rude awakening.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 6, 2020 7:09 AM
Jan 2020
Imagine.. When you are sleeping and when you are waking up what you find in your families living room is not your parents instead their heads. Well so that's why she is willing to take a mission to kill talented huh? Also I feel sorry for her to blame their parents death to her.

It seems Tachibana Jin is right, Nana may be or may not the only murder in this island, in fact.. we found the uninvited murderer that's not even Nana or her ally but among the talented? I doubt Tachibana Jin is the culprit despite he was a survivor and a murderer.
Kur4y4m1Dec 6, 2020 7:17 AM
Dec 6, 2020 7:11 AM

Jun 2019
Felt a bit bad for Nana. But, the episode was good.
Dec 6, 2020 7:12 AM
Jan 2020
28012001 said:
🖒. I hate her but I love her as well with that story. But this is when she gain character development. From now on she should be a waifu I guess since I read the manga.

I love her too in the story, for now
Dec 6, 2020 7:25 AM

Apr 2020
Well well so, we finally got the backstory of Nana. And it was indeed a cruel one, she really felt guilty about her parents death. And I guess the government uses her orphaned state to turn her as a murderer that can kill ability users. Also the fact that she plays chess and shogi at a young age really tells on how she became smart and can fight her enemies on psychological means, nice fact.

So now Tachibana is playing the fair game, lowkey respect to his character (just a little bit, I know he's a villain) and he mentioned that she is not the only impostor in this Among Us game, but TWO. Michiru though is such a good friend, she's one of the most underrated characters of the season so far. And I hope she doesn't turn into her own dark side, so that Nana will accept her as an "exception" (just don't kill her pls).

But oh well looks like we got another murder, but this Nana did not commit it. There's an another impostor in the school and Sorano looks sus. Next week, the continuation of the arc as the mystery of the murder ensues.
Dec 6, 2020 7:28 AM

Oct 2020
I think the killer is Michiru im calling it,its just something fell off about her this ep
処刑課師匠
Dec 6, 2020 7:31 AM

Jun 2020
Well that was a good backstory, she also suffer form that kind of things.

And looks like we also have a new murderer.
Dec 6, 2020 7:52 AM
Nov 2010
MegamiRem said:

It's most definitely legit considering how she said she slipped through her response at 8:47 after Michiru asked whether she was scared of the enemies of humanity, and also how real she actually looked when she talked about her past (you could clearly see her real expressions, especially at 20:11). I don't think she would have made those real expressions if she really was acting.

Penguinman37 said:
Two killers, they made it quite obvious who the second killer is...

Yeah, I know who you're referring to. It really is pretty obvious ;)
eplipswichDec 6, 2020 8:03 AM
Dec 6, 2020 7:54 AM

Oct 2017
eplipswich said:
MegamiRem said:

It's most definitely legit considering how she said she slipped through her response at 8:47 when she recalled her past after Michiru asked whether she was scared of the enemies of humanity, and also how real she actually looked when she talked about her past (you could clearly see her real expressions). I don't think she would have made those real expressions if she really was acting.
I have seen better acting than that before so not convinced.
Dec 6, 2020 8:07 AM
Nov 2010
MegamiRem said:
I have seen better acting than that before so not convinced.

Think of it this way then. You have seen cracks in her starting to doubt her mission, especially after Yuka's case. Also, when she brought up her story, it doesn't feel fake like before when she was freaking out and pretending to shed crocodile tears. It might not seem obvious, but you can sort of tell there's a different air about her when she brought up her story. There are a number of signs indicating that.

Also, her eyes when she brought up her story. Those are not eyes that show fakeness, but the usual eyes that she shows when she's being her true self.

One more thing that makes this evident is the flashback that came to her mind when Michiru asked her about that at 8:40. It's the exact same flashback that Nana later brought up.

eplipswichDec 6, 2020 8:16 AM
Dec 6, 2020 8:10 AM

Nov 2014
Eh,don't really care about Nana backstory honestly...i never liked her.
SPOILER!
-
-
-
-
-

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KuniiDec 7, 2020 8:53 PM
Dec 6, 2020 8:22 AM
Dec 2019
Murajsam5673 said:
I think the killer is Michiru im calling it,its just something fell off about her this ep

I see this as a chance too, that expression Michiru did just after nana wake up around 20 minute mark kinda sus, and somehow trying to dig information out of nana just like jin.
But somehow it should connect to the invisible dude at ep1/ep2(?) as @A-joy above, which michiru kinda unlikely able to (or did she?).
It's just my puny thought though, i'm not really good at whodunit game
Well, there are still a lot of mystery though, a michiru plot twist would be epic too. Really looking forward for the next episode
Dec 6, 2020 8:26 AM
Jan 2020
eplipswich said:
MegamiRem said:

It's most definitely legit considering how she said she slipped through her response at 8:47 after Michiru asked whether she was scared of the enemies of humanity, and also how real she actually looked when she talked about her past (you could clearly see her real expressions, especially at 20:11). I don't think she would have made those real expressions if she really was acting.

Penguinman37 said:
Two killers, they made it quite obvious who the second killer is...

Yeah, I know who you're referring to. It really is pretty obvious ;)

Do you guys think that she really is the killer? What if it was someone else?
Dec 6, 2020 8:35 AM
Mar 2019
Damn they censored the scene with her parents corpses , it was more messed up in the manga , but overall great episode.
Dec 6, 2020 8:39 AM

Aug 2013
Nana's backstory was really sad. :(

Now there is another killer on the island that isn't Nana.

Dec 6, 2020 8:41 AM
Mar 2019
Damn even though the backstory was censored in comparison to the manga , they ve done a good job with this episode , props to the studio
Dec 6, 2020 8:42 AM

Aug 2012
Kur4y4m1 said:
Do you guys think that she really is the killer? What if it was someone else?

You're right. When the anime makes a part of the mystery in your face obvious you should question it first. Could be a red herring.
Dec 6, 2020 8:46 AM

Jun 2016
i loved it so much !!!

munou no nana is awesome !!
Dec 6, 2020 8:54 AM

May 2018
So, Nana is already a genius at an early age and quite a bull head as well, she blames herself for the death of her parents ,,,,,,but wait, doesn't she mentioned about her having a bother, and if the brother ain't the victim? Could it be that the bother may have been the one who killed Nana's parents......

Also, Jin Tachibana mentioned that there could be another killer, maybe it could be Michiru since Nana suspect her that she may have a darker side, Nakajima, cu'z it's possible that he came back , Kyouya ....just a guess or Jin Tachibana himself cu'z he may wanna pin Nana to an even more tighter corner, probably wanting to destroy Michiru's relationship with Nana or it could be the teacher.
Dec 6, 2020 9:17 AM

Feb 2019
We’re finally getting to the best part of the story and I’m so hyped. These last 3 eps will be awesome.

The scene where Michiru grabs Nana’s hand and comforts her is one of my fave panels in the manga. With or without Shingeki airing, this still gonna be my fave sunday anime 🤷🏾‍♂️
Dec 6, 2020 9:24 AM

Jul 2020
Synchrohayba said:
Damn they censored the scene with her parents corpses , it was more messed up in the manga , but overall great episode.

I'm too lazy, so you could please provide a pic of the panel in which the parents are dead...

Also, they did not mention the brother in the backstory, so I dunno if that was intentionally or not...
Dec 6, 2020 9:24 AM

Jun 2017
That was a nice spin to freshen up things. I wonder if there is an actual other killer and it's not just Jin trolling Nana.
Dec 6, 2020 9:35 AM

Nov 2019
Another good episode, but as a manga reader I am quite worry of how they will end this anime. I am afraid the end for this anime won't be proper.
Dec 6, 2020 9:51 AM
Jul 2020
I like the development we're getting for Nana. Now I'm just waiting to see how she got recruited to be the imposter in the first place and her full backstory will be revealed. She becomes a better character with every episode.

Gotta admit, I kinda hated Michiru in the beginning because she was so annoying, but she's really growing on me. Michiru is best girl. End of story. If she dies I'll be devastated.

As for who the other imposter is, I guess we're supposed to think it's the girl with the bangs, but I'm just looking for ice prince. He wasn't there in the last scene, right?
Dec 6, 2020 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
ANOTHER IMPOSTER?! Didn’t know we were playing 2 imposters.

Did they blandly make it obvious that its the green haired chick or are they throwing us off to make us think its her?

So we got to see Nana’s backstory and it makes sense why she took up killing all the talented.

Anyways really good episode once again.
Dec 6, 2020 10:29 AM
Jan 2020
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So, Nana is already a genius at an early age and quite a bull head as well, she blames herself for the death of her parents ,,,,,,but wait, doesn't she mentioned about her having a bother, and if the brother ain't the victim? Could it be that the bother may have been the one who killed Nana's parents......

Also, Jin Tachibana mentioned that there could be another killer, maybe it could be Michiru since Nana suspect her that she may have a darker side, Nakajima, cu'z it's possible that he came back , Kyouya ....just a guess or Jin Tachibana himself cu'z he may wanna pin Nana to an even more tighter corner, probably wanting to destroy Michiru's relationship with Nana or it could be the teacher.

The anime itself really force us to make possibilities huh? That's one of the reasons why I love this show too.
Dec 6, 2020 10:37 AM
Jan 2020
IHateBoredom said:
Another good episode, but as a manga reader I am quite worry of how they will end this anime. I am afraid the end for this anime won't be proper.

True.. todays episode ended in chapter 21 and it's 9 chapters left to chapter 30. Since this has 3 episodes left, my theory is it will 3 chapters/episode for now on.

Episode 11 will be from chapter 22 - 24, episode 12 will be from chapter 25 - 27 and finally episode 13 will be from chapter 28 - 30. Each of the end of the chapters is actually a good way to end each episode in my opinion, but the problem is the adaptation. Let's hope they will adapted it properly in this remaining 3 episodes.
Kur4y4m1Dec 6, 2020 10:41 AM
Dec 6, 2020 10:44 AM

Nov 2019
Kur4y4m1 said:
IHateBoredom said:

True.. todays episode ended in chapter 21 and it's 9 chapters left to chapter 30. Since this has 3 episodes left, my theory is it will 3 chapters/episode for now on.

Episode 11 will be from chapter 22 - 24, episode 12 will be from chapter 25 - 27 and finally episode 13 will be from chapter 28 - 30. Each of the end of the chapters is actually a good way to end each episode in my opinion, but the problem is the adaptation. Let's hope they will adapted it properly in this remaining 3 episodes.

Yeah I agree, that what I hoped to.
Dec 6, 2020 10:53 AM

Jun 2012
NewYearSameMe said:
Synchrohayba said:

I'm too lazy, so you could please provide a pic of the panel in which the parents are dead...

Also, they did not mention the brother in the backstory, so I dunno if that was intentionally or not...

The manga panel is basically the same as the anime. Nana holding her fathers head is slightly more graphic in the manga.

Manga: https://i.imgur.com/WRfLQgI.jpg
Anme: https://i.imgur.com/N0YljCg.jpg

Manga: https://i.imgur.com/ez9muOY.jpg
Anime: https://i.imgur.com/sPz0h5d.jpg
Dec 6, 2020 10:56 AM
May 2016
been waiting for Nana's backstory to get adapted. We are truly entering greatness brothers, sisters, and others. Not to say that the series wasn't great before, but the writing was rough around the edges, where we're going is when the edges start to smooth out!
Dec 6, 2020 10:58 AM
Apr 2014
Penguinman37 said:
Well today's episode showed Nana's backstory. It is very sad indeed.

Well I enjoyed Nana being beat down by Tachibana, greatest moment of the whole series.

OK episode :/

That was my favorite moment too.

I really hate it when they make a sad backstory for an evil person, It's very cliche in shounen anime. Can't they just make an evil person with a normal backstory.
Dec 6, 2020 10:59 AM
May 2016
Kur4y4m1 said:
IHateBoredom said:

either that or they'll end the series on chapter 28, ha ha ha! Wouldn't that be a punch to the face
Dec 6, 2020 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
Really loved Nana's character development here. I almost feel she deserves a Vegeta esq redemption arc! The dude looking for who killed his sister will probably find the killer in the winner of the battle royale match he won. Mmm, Battle Royale, over a decade since I watched it, might be time for a rewatch as one of the greatest moments in cinema history!

Potential Spoliers:

Please don't discuss the manga in the anime forum.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 6, 2020 11:48 AM

Aug 2020

I'll see you soon I don't want a spoiler
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

265 by xXx_BeatMeat_xXx »»
May 8, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

131 by TheMaster-- »»
Mar 1, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

284 by sonsofliberty »»
Feb 5, 3:48 PM

» Going down, down, and down…

RudeRedis - Jan 15

15 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 2, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2020

156 by Talamare »»
Jan 11, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.