Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 4, 2020 9:50 PM

Feb 2016
After a very intense episode, we go back to normal. At the end, Elaina looks to be in her normal mood, I was expecting to see her to still be kinda sad, I hope she grew a little.

This was a really nice and entertaining episode, I didn't really expected that Flan and Sheila as student companions, but seeing Nike as her teacher was really damn predictable,

To this point we all know Nike is Elaina's mother, but it doesn't really fit since we got to see Nike 10 years in the past in a previous episode (7), and currently Elaina is 18, so, during that episode she already had Elaina (8 y/o)? And it that was the case, how many years in the past does the story of this episode have place? It's all really weird...

Anyways, I love this anime, but it will be really boring seeing Saya in the next episode, I don't really like her.

uwu
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 4, 2020 10:44 PM

Sep 2020
Fran and Sheila moments..along with Elaina's mom...

Well,i like how cool Sheila is,with her modified broom..
i ship them... Theyre definitely a couple hahaha
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Dec 4, 2020 11:28 PM
Dec 2016
Really love Flan, Sheila and especially Nikeh ! Oooo goddamnit such a nice and beautiful girl, have strong ara ara power even more strong with her witch suit (dunno why I thought she's way taller in her witch suit)
Dec 4, 2020 11:39 PM

Aug 2018
SimpLife said:
Another boring episode. They really love this pattern.

From your profile
Majo no Tabitabi: 2/10
Tonikaku Kawaii: 10/10

Kinda weird considering that Tonikaku Kawaii contains almost no theme, no story, few emotional OSTs, no good usage of visual detail, no thought provoking moments, no character development, no comedy (aside from ones involving acting like a 10 year old in a relationship), no drama, and repetitive setups, while Majo no Tabitabi, both being episodic, outstrips Tonikaku Kawaii in almost every imaginable aspect.
Dec 4, 2020 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
awful anime, every character is an immature, superficial, obnoxious brat.
Dec 5, 2020 1:17 AM

Mar 2019
Even without any plot from Elaina we got a fantastic episode. Well I guess we all are pretty sure that we just saw her mother.

The world is really small sometimes.
Dec 5, 2020 1:59 AM

Mar 2014
This time we've got a retrospective episode with Fran and Sheila doing request for their master. I somehow knew from the beginning they didn't get along, but finally they worked together to neutralize the enemy gang. Also, it was nice to not see Elaina in this episode (well, she was at the end but nevermind). I'm kind of not a big fan of her.
Dec 5, 2020 3:12 AM

Oct 2020
I really love this episode because I get to see other side of Fran character. I cant believe that Fran used to be a stubborn student.
Dec 5, 2020 3:32 AM

Oct 2020
An amazing and pleasant relation of Majo.
[/url]
Dec 5, 2020 4:47 AM
Nov 2020
patormov said:
Opticflash said:
SimpLife said:

From your profile

Kinda weird considering that Tonikaku Kawaii contains almost no theme, no story, few emotional OSTs, no good usage of visual detail, no thought provoking moments, no character development, no comedy (aside from ones involving acting like a 10 year old in a relationship), no drama, and repetitive setups, while Majo no Tabitabi, both being episodic, outstrips Tonikaku Kawaii in almost every imaginable aspect.

These guys might just drop watching this anime in the first 3 episodes if they are bored. If its not their type of genre might as well stop watching this and not posting rubbish and mindless comments. Kek.
Dec 5, 2020 5:48 AM
Jan 2010
This show would be 10/10 without the edge.
Dec 5, 2020 6:24 AM

Apr 2014
And this week's Majo no Tabitabi shows us the past of Elaina and Saya's teachers, as well as Elaina's mom who knows her priorities by asking how much they pay first for the job. XD

As for this episode's baddies, the Curio Company's leader reminded me of one of the baddies from the Studio Ghibli movie, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, both in looks and character.

Dec 5, 2020 6:31 AM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic episode, the shit Elaina went through last episode was so fucked that she had to take a break from the anime. And she deserves to take that break.

Saya is adorable, I can hear Swindler everytime she speaks lmao. The Shiela, Fran and Nike backstory was awesome, it's great to see them in their younger days. Young Fran is so different from current Fran, the Nike effect. I see where Elaina got her personality from, like mother like daughter. Wow, will they all meet up in the next episode? I am very looking forward to that.
Dec 5, 2020 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
Except the scooby-doo like villain, really nice episode and nice characterization.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 5, 2020 7:46 AM

Apr 2017
Got a bit of whiplash after last episode. Didn't see Elaina much either, but her happy tone was weird considering how affected she was by last episode's events. Unless there's another timeskip involved or her traveling to Qunorts happens before her meeting Estelle?

I think this all but confirms that Elaina's mother was an apprentice a teacher to both Flan and Sheila, lol. Though considering the episode with the wall, there were several decades in between Elaina and her mother visiting (since the guy Elaina's mother met was old already when Elaina dropped by). So Elaina's mother might be decades older than she looks.

In any case, seeing Flan and Sheila working together was great.
Pande91Dec 5, 2020 1:35 PM
Dec 5, 2020 7:57 AM

Aug 2018
This episode was original & very entertainig ! I couldn't help but think about Burn the Witch, which was released 1-2 months ago (it had some potential but its short length couldn't help to keep me interested)

This was probably the episode we needed after the last week darky & scary time travel...
Dec 5, 2020 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode, I really liked the flashback of Flan and Sheila.

Dec 5, 2020 10:00 AM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. Very fun to watch.

I only thought about this now, Flan-sensei have black hair and blue eyes, and Saya too have black hair with blue eyes. This means they came from the same country?
Dec 5, 2020 12:26 PM
Jul 2019
pandemonium91 said:
Got a bit of whiplash after last episode. Didn't see Elaina much either, but her happy tone was weird considering how affected she was by last episode's events. Unless there's another timeskip involved or her traveling to Qunorts happens before her meeting Estelle?

I think this all but confirms that Elaina's mother was an apprentice to both Flan and Sheila, lol. Though considering the episode with the wall, there were several decades in between Elaina and her mother visiting (since the guy Elaina's mother met was old already when Elaina dropped by). So Elaina's mother might be decades older than she looks.

In any case, seeing Flan and Sheila working together was great.
Don’t you mean teacher instead of apprentice?
Dec 5, 2020 1:35 PM

Apr 2017
UncleJojo said:
Don’t you mean teacher instead of apprentice?

Yeah, I meant teacher, my bad.
Dec 5, 2020 1:47 PM

Apr 2018
I really like that focused ep on Fran and Shelia. They bickered with each other until they could form a relationship.
Dec 5, 2020 4:34 PM

Dec 2015
Glordit said:
The episode with the wall was a dead giveaway that Nike is her mom.

It was already fairly easy to guess that Nike was Elaina's mom and Flan was her apprentice with episode 5, when Flan and Elaina talked about the book
Dec 5, 2020 6:06 PM
Aug 2020
Opticflash said:
SimpLife said:

From your profile

Different genre, different setting, different way to watch, or you want me to look for romance or use Romance as a criteria, or look at this as a ecchi and look for fanservice? Or either sport competition of witch? Tell me bright one.
Dec 5, 2020 6:13 PM
Aug 2020
Nekowniconee said:
patormov said:
Opticflash said:

From your profile

These guys might just drop watching this anime in the first 3 episodes if they are bored. If its not their type of genre might as well stop watching this and not posting rubbish and mindless comments. Kek.
The dark content of this anime is better and giving depth to the show, gave a bit of interest on me. Without that, it is just generic boring adventure with shallow story which the content only has to offer. It also has incel Yuri bait which some airing anime already has. Kek
SimpLifeDec 5, 2020 6:29 PM
Dec 5, 2020 6:32 PM

Aug 2018
SimpLife said:
Opticflash said:

From your profile

Different genre, different setting, different way to watch, or you want me to look for romance or use Romance as a criteria, or look at this as a ecchi and look for fanservice? Or either sport competition of witch? Tell me bright one.

The fact that you equate genre or setting with quality is hilariously flawed. This is like claiming you're not fond of horror in general therefore horror shows are shit shows.

There is no emotion and no message in Tonikaku Kawaii other than the main cast being a married couple and its reliance on the characters having a prepubescent mindset for "comedy". The elements (visuals, music, character interactions, etc.) are done much better in Majo no Tabitabi to impart an emotion or impression. I wouldn't care if you gave Majo no Tabitabi a 2, but you gave Tonikaku Kawaii a 10 when it's a show about nothing and fundamentally lacking in elemental development, lol I just found that quite funny.
Dec 5, 2020 6:35 PM

Jun 2019
Pretty typical story of two people that are complete opposites that then become friends. But they became friends because they wanted to be witches for their own self-interests? Isn’t that why anyone becomes a witch? I also think that it is too much that everyone is so connected with each other like this.

Ngl, the animation is pretty fantastic though, I probably would have dropped it if the animation wasn’t this clean.
Dec 5, 2020 7:22 PM
Aug 2020
Opticflash said:
SimpLife said:

The fact that you equate genre or setting with quality is hilariously flawed. This is like claiming you're not fond of horror in general therefore horror shows are shit shows.

There is no emotion and no message in Tonikaku Kawaii other than the main cast being a married couple and its reliance on the characters having a prepubescent mindset for "comedy". The elements (visuals, music, character interactions, etc.) are done much better in Majo no Tabitabi to impart an emotion or impression. I wouldn't care if you gave Majo no Tabitabi a 2, but you gave Tonikaku Kawaii a 10 when it's a show about nothing and fundamentally lacking in elemental development, lol I just found that quite funny.
You didn't understand my point here. To put it simple in words, "The story is Boring". "Her adventure is Boring". "The backstory is boring". The timeskip is poor writing. What did she done in timeskip? Isn't it to grow? That's why they show us a calm characteristics on 3rd episode?
SimpLifeDec 5, 2020 7:37 PM
Dec 5, 2020 7:23 PM

Nov 2013
This is hardly a character development but this is nice episode for thighten the characters relations and world-building.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 5, 2020 7:52 PM

Aug 2018
SimpLife said:
Opticflash said:

You didn't understand my point here. To put it simple in words, "The story is Boring". "Her adventure is Boring". "The backstory is boring". The timeskip is poor writing. What did she done in timeskip? Isn't it to grow? That's why they show us a calm characteristics on 3rd episodes?

You didn't understand my point. Majo no Tabitabi is vastly superior to Tonikaku Kawaii in terms of elemental integration, despite both being episodic. You found Majo no Tabitabi boring, but yet that you gave Tonikaku Kawaii a 10 is quite hilarious. If you instead gave Tonikaku Kawaii a 1 or 2 I would have no opinion about your tastes.

The timeskip is not poor writing because it does not contain any plot holes or conveniences. What is poor writing is artificial love without any prior development whatsoever, and the implausibility of knowing where someone lived after you've met them only once, separated by a 3 year time span, without any explanation whatsoever.

In what universe does time skip indicate character growth? Where did this rule come from? What does growth mean? To be a better person? So are we saying now it's irrational for people to develop new unhealthy habits or stick to the same mindset over time?
Dec 5, 2020 8:04 PM
Aug 2020
Opticflash said:
SimpLife said:
You didn't understand my point here. To put it simple in words, "The story is Boring". "Her adventure is Boring". "The backstory is boring". The timeskip is poor writing. What did she done in timeskip? Isn't it to grow? That's why they show us a calm characteristics on 3rd episodes?

You didn't understand my point. Majo no Tabitabi is vastly superior to Tonikaku Kawaii in terms of elemental integration, despite both being episodic. You found Majo no Tabitabi boring, but yet that you gave Tonikaku Kawaii a 10 is quite hilarious. If you instead gave Tonikaku Kawaii a 1 or 2 I would have no opinion about your tastes.

The timeskip is not poor writing because it does not contain any plot holes or conveniences. What is poor writing is artificial love without any prior development whatsoever, and the implausibility of knowing where someone lived after you've met them only once, separated by a 3 year time span, without any explanation whatsoever.

In what universe does time skip indicate character growth? Where did this rule come from? What does growth mean? To be a better person? So are we saying now it's irrational for people to develop new unhealthy habits or stick to the same mindset over time?

Superior to animation - Yes (but they adapt the character style so it's ok)
Episodic - Really are you serious? Don't tell me for character development?
You keep repeating I gave 10 to Tonikaku Kawaii, imagine the salt I can cook a good fish for a whole year.
So what is your timeskip? Just to age with nothing at all? Not relevent to the plot? Isn't that what you call "plot convenience?" Pretty convincing to become 18 and and act like that. So any indication on the anime for a reason to change a character personality? When they just put random adventure and backstory?
SimpLifeDec 5, 2020 8:15 PM
Dec 5, 2020 8:53 PM

Aug 2018
SimpLife said:

Majo no Tabitabi is not better than Tonikaku Kawaii simply because it looks better. Animation is used to convey meaning, from the color scheme to the frame as much as soundtrack is.

Take episode 9 of Majo no Tabitabi which had excellent animation. When Elaina first met Estelle, they were inside a living room that had a combination of grey, olive green, and mahogany. What did the color scheme symbolize? When Estelle told her story, why was the newspaper in black and white? When they went into a small room, there was a window that illuminated the room, however half the room was cast in shadow. What did this indicate and why was the scene depicted this way? When they went back in time, why was the sky orange and what did it mean? Why was the visual angle seemingly shot behind Elaina when she was observing the parents' house? When she looked behind her, why did the visuals zoom in on a dark alleyway? All of this is done to convey an emotion, a meaning, a purpose.

Tonikaku Kawaii makes little use of its animation. The only noteworthy scene is in episode 2 when Tsukasa walks down the steps and Nasa looks at her with an uncomfortable feeling in his gut.

Animation is much more than just pretty graphics.

SimpLife said:

Both are episodic because you can change the ordering of some of the episodes around and it wouldn't affect the grand scheme of the plot.

SimpLife said:
So what is your timeskip? Just to age with nothing at all? Not relevent to the plot? Isn't that what you call "plot convenience?" Pretty convincing to become 18 and and act like that. So any indication on the anime for a reason to change a character personality? When they just put random adventure and backstory?

Plot convenience is an illogical or unlikely event, usually without any casual explanation, written simply for the sake of driving the plot. The timeskip is not a plot convenience in Majo no Tabitabi because it does nothing to affect the plot of the story other than the fact that there is a timeskip. It's not convenient to anything nor is it an illogical or unlikely scenario that benefits the main character. In addition, people don't necessarily change for the better as time advances, or else pick up unhealthy habits as they get older. Someone who has anxiety may still have anxiety 3-4 years down the line. Someone who has a short temper may have a short temper 3-4 years down the line. Someone who didn't have depression may develop it the next time you see them.
Dec 5, 2020 8:59 PM

Sep 2014
this episode pretty nuch confirmed Nike is Elainas mother. Now Im curious what made a famous witch like Nike settle down, a story for another time.

I like that this show has reoccuring characters but this is also a bit too frequent. Elaina was barely even in it.

If this show had a bit more focus on the travelling and exploration aspect it would be great.
Atleast for this season it seems like they are setting up a classic big 2 ep final which brings all the characters together (minus Nike obviously) so the times of Elaina traveling and experiencing new settings is basically over.

as much as I appreciate this for the backstory, it is also the weakest episode by far. A short scene about their past would have done the same and still left room for another new adventure of Elaina.

PS: I just noticed Elaina has nearly 4k favourites, thats pretty surprising for a small seasonal like this. Is the LN super popular or what?
Comander-07Dec 5, 2020 9:06 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 5, 2020 9:07 PM
Aug 2020
Opticflash said:
SimpLife said:

Majo no Tabitabi is not better than Tonikaku Kawaii simply because it looks better. Animation is used to convey meaning, from the color scheme to the frame as much as soundtrack is.

Take episode 9 of Majo no Tabitabi which had excellent animation. When Elaina first met Estelle, they were inside a living room that had a combination of grey, olive green, and mahogany. What did the color scheme symbolize? When Estelle told her story, why was the newspaper in black and white? When they went into a small room, there was a window that illuminated the room, however half the room was cast in shadow. What did this indicate and why was the scene depicted this way? When they went back in time, why was the sky orange and what did it mean? Why was the visual angle seemingly shot behind Elaina when she was observing the parents' house? When she looked behind her, why did the visuals zoom in on a dark alleyway? All of this is done to convey an idea, a meaning, a purpose.

Tonikaku Kawaii makes little use of its animation. The only noteworthy scene is in episode 2 when Tsukasa walks down the steps and Nasa looks at her with an uncomfortable feeling in his gut.

SimpLife said:

Both are episodic because you can change the ordering of some of the episodes around and it wouldn't affect the grand scheme of the plot.

SimpLife said:

Plot convenience is an illogical or unlikely event, usually without any casual explanation, written simply for the sake of driving the plot. The timeskip is not a plot convenience in Majo no Tabitabi because it does nothing to affect the plot of the story other than the fact that there is a timeskip. It's not convenient to anything nor is it an illogical or unlikely scenario that benefits the main character. In addition, people don't necessarily change for the better as time advances, or else pick up unhealthy habits as they get older. Someone who has anxiety may still have anxiety 3-4 years down the line. Someone who has a short temper may have a short temper 3-4 years down the line. Someone who didn't have depression may develop it the next time you see them.
She's young and "Prodigy" so young people tends to grow, you are talking about adult person. And Plot convineince isn't only about that. Events where a person acts that contradicts to personality just for plot progression. For example in episode 2 vs. Episode 3. And Episode 3 vs. Episode 9. Episode 4 is irrelevant and the wine town forgot what episode I ignore that. It defies the logical thinking a of "Prodigy Witch". And all it turns back to question the timeskip? What did she gain on timeskip? If this event is nothing just for plot progression then isn't it plot convenience? And uh timeskip hasn't have an "actual explaination".
SimpLifeDec 5, 2020 9:10 PM
Dec 5, 2020 10:02 PM

Aug 2018
SimpLife said:
Opticflash said:

Take episode 9 of Majo no Tabitabi which had excellent animation. When Elaina first met Estelle, they were inside a living room that had a combination of grey, olive green, and mahogany. What did the color scheme symbolize? When Estelle told her story, why was the newspaper in black and white? When they went into a small room, there was a window that illuminated the room, however half the room was cast in shadow. What did this indicate and why was the scene depicted this way? When they went back in time, why was the sky orange and what did it mean? Why was the visual angle seemingly shot behind Elaina when she was observing the parents' house? When she looked behind her, why did the visuals zoom in on a dark alleyway? All of this is done to convey an idea, a meaning, a purpose.

She's young and "Prodigy" so young people tends to grow, you are talking about adult person. And Plot convineince isn't only about that. Events where a person acts that contradicts to personality just for plot progression. For example in episode 2 vs. Episode 3. And Episode 3 vs. Episode 9. Episode 4 is irrelevant and the wine town forgot what episode I ignore that. It defies the logical thinking a of "Prodigy Witch". And all it turns back to question the timeskip? What did she gain on timeskip? If this event is nothing just for plot progression then isn't it plot convenience? And uh timeskip hasn't have an "actual explaination".

Prodigy means a young person of exceptional talent. It does not mean morally good.

In episode 2 versus episode 3 or episode 9, there is no contradiction because Elaina tends to help those people she knows at more personal level and if she is able to with little risk to herself. It has been explained multiple times already in past episode threads. You are using false equivalencies. Episode 4 is "irrelevant" because the series is episodic. That's the whole point of an episodic anime. For example, episode 3 in Tonikaku Kawaii is irrelevant because it's episodic; it can be rearranged and doesn't fundamentally drive any important plot points.

I explained to you what plot convenience means. Plot convenience is an illogical or unlikely event, usually without any casual explanation, written simply for the sake of driving the plot. An example of plot convenience is when a main character in a shounen gains a special power without any causal explanation and beats the villain. Another example is when a character is miraculously cured of an illness that is hard to treat without any proper justification. A plot convenience is something that is unlikely or illogical, in other words against the premise of the story simply to benefit a character resulting in an unbelievable outcome.
Dec 5, 2020 11:46 PM
Aug 2020
Opticflash said:
SimpLife said:

Prodigy means a young person of exceptional talent. It does not mean morally good.

In episode 2 versus episode 3 or episode 9, there is no contradiction because Elaina tends to help those people she knows at more personal level and if she is able to with little risk to herself. It has been explained multiple times already in past episode threads. You are using false equivalencies. Episode 4 is "irrelevant" because the series is episodic. That's the whole point of an episodic anime. For example, episode 3 in Tonikaku Kawaii is irrelevant because it's episodic; it can be rearranged and doesn't fundamentally drive any important plot points.

I explained to you what plot convenience means. Plot convenience is an illogical or unlikely event, usually without any casual explanation, written simply for the sake of driving the plot. An example of plot convenience is when a main character in a shounen gains a special power without any causal explanation and beats the villain. Another example is when a character is miraculously cured of an illness that is hard to treat without any proper justification. A plot convenience is something that is unlikely or illogical, in other words against the premise of the story simply to benefit a character resulting in an unbelievable outcome.

Yes she's a prodigy, similar to genius so she know few moral. But not asking about moral values. On episode 2 where she help a stranger ang gave value to a person and become close to. There could more solution to retrieve what the girl stole from her with his good abilities as a witch, without much effort and intervening, but maybe the author thinks it would be boring so let her interact. On third episode where she's looks like immune to volatile environment (wow she's acting as a different) shows less emotion to the character (less interaction), and the second part that she already know what will happen on the future because she red it on a book? Ok lol. So the books decide the future then? So she's traveler or what? On episode 9 where she show's extreme emotion? Because she didn't intervene, isn't it her role? So what now character development? So she act based on the story and plot? Good writing I guess. So if timeskip here isn't plot convenience, then what it's purpose? It affects the age of character though, even the "timeline" in the plot.
(I don't have much time to dwell here so probably I haven't read those explanation on previews episodes, cuz there are many anime to watch.)
SimpLifeDec 5, 2020 11:50 PM
Dec 6, 2020 12:05 AM

Aug 2018
SimpLife said:
Opticflash said:

Yes she's a prodigy, similar to genius so she know few moral. But not asking about moral values. On episode 2 where she help a stranger ang gave value to a person and become close to. There could more solution to retrieve what the girl stole from her with his good abilities as a witch, without much effort and intervening, but maybe the author thinks it would be boring so let her interact. On third episode where she's looks like immune to volatile environment (wow she's acting as a different) shows less emotion to the character (less interaction), and the second part that she already know what will happen on the future because she red it on a book? Ok lol. So the books decide the future then? So she's traveler or what? On episode 9 where she show's extreme emotion? Because she didn't intervene, isn't it her role? So what now character development? So she act based on the story and plot? Good writing I guess. So if timeskip here isn't plot convenience, then what it's purpose? It affects the age of character though, even the "timeline" in the plot.

You first questioned why she did not grow as a person during the timeline, given that she's a prodigy. My response is that a prodigy is someone who has exceptional talent in something. It does not mean a person who has good moral values. A serial killer can be a prodigy for example.

In episode 2 she helped Saya after understanding her story and getting to know her on a more personal level, and because he is able to. In the first half of episode 3 she cannot save the guard, nor was there any indication of her being able to do anything about the flower field that isn't inherently destructive to the local community. She did not cry because she does not know the guard nor his sister on a personal level, nor did their story resonate with her. In the second half of episode 3 she recalls a tale similar to the situation. Nowhere did she say "yep I know the slave killed herself". In episode 9 she knows Estelle's story, in addition it is much worse seeing someone behead a child than seeing a plant consume a half dead person.

The only purpose of the time skip is to show an older Elaina. That is it. Nothing else. This is not an example of plot convenience.
Dec 6, 2020 12:25 AM
Jun 2020
Dude, what a great episode, not as good as others for sure, but I still loved it a lot!! Wouldn’t think I’d be ever simping for Sheila, even as hard 😳😳😳 Am I the only one shipping Sheila and Flan so bad after the episode??
Dec 6, 2020 12:33 AM
Jun 2020
patormov said:
Bruh what, you literally haven’t watched completely any anime at all I- For sure u haven’t seen actually awful stuff like Darling in the franxx, Diabolic lovers, yarichin bitch club and Loveless, see trash, then compare I- So, seems like it’s a 1/10 from u?? If u say it’s awful. Even if it were boring to you, it should be 6/10 the lowest at least lmao
Dec 6, 2020 2:41 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ara, story about Elaina's mother and her two familar disciples....

Nice~

It's been a long time since I enjoyed episode about some people's pasts.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 6, 2020 4:57 AM
Jan 2017
I thought Elaina would have been stuck in the past
Dec 6, 2020 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
What? So instead of continuing the story they just start an episode with a flashback that's completely unrelated to what happened in the previous episode? Don't get me wrong, it was a good episode, to know how Elaina's mom trained Sheila and Flan, and how they basically became friends, but still, i wanted to see the end of the previous story...

In this anime everyone knows each other, Sheila is now training Saya. While Sheila was trained by Elaina's mom, who also trained Flan who became Elaina's teacher xD

I do hope that by the end Elaina will realize that Nike is her mom. Also would be pretty fun to see them meet together!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 7, 2020 1:49 AM

Jan 2020
An entire episode dedicated to learning Sheila and Flan's backstory, can't say I don't love it. Well, it was obvious that they were friends, but it was interesting to learn their past anyway. And I guess, our assumption of Elaina's mother being Nike has been confirmed?

Quite an entertaining episode. A huge contrast to the last episode's emphasis on dark themes, but it is done subtly. Looking forward to the next episode, which – from the looks of it – is going to be an exciting one.
Dec 7, 2020 6:27 PM

Jul 2016
Leaving the cartoonish villain company aside, decent episode overall. It was nice to know more of Fran and Sheila's days when they were teenagers but dear lord, Sheila in her "delinquent" phase was so annoying to see. And people say they dislike quirky little lesbian Saya...
Dec 7, 2020 10:39 PM
Jun 2019
This was a really cool episode, it was also refreshing to watch how they met and they got their names.

Nike thinks in a weird way, that is a travelling witch for you.

I should stop with the looking forward to it, because in the end I will continue it also I was being so formal lol.
Dec 7, 2020 11:46 PM

Aug 2020
idk about you guys but fran and sheila was kinda hot ngl when they were taking down the association. But in all seriousness this episode was really good. It seems to set up the return of the association and saya, elaina, fran and sheila working together and possibly their witch sensei
Dec 8, 2020 12:13 AM

Sep 2020
An episode of Fran sensei and Sheila!!!!

They fought a lot but still got together, I love their bond so much!! ><
Dec 8, 2020 12:13 AM

Oct 2018
Elaina-san is now taking a break from what happen in the previous episode and we're now discovering Flan-sensei and Sheila-sensei past for the entire episode! :D

And there's Elaina's mother, Nike who is taking both of them as apprentices! I like how their relationship start from rival and then later become friends as they fight back the Curio gangster! And they even get a title that complement one another! Flan-sensei title is "Stardust Witch" while Sheila-sensei title is "Night Witch"! :D

That box must be holding something dangerous! Saya is bringing the box to Qunorts! Flan-sensei and Sheila-sensei remember that the design is the same one from the Curio gangster (I noticed it already while they're fighting back) and decides to go to Qunorts! And Elaina-san who has recovered from the depression goes on a journey to Qunorts! :D

Looks like next episode is where the main characters meet each other in Qunorts! I'm looking forward to see their interactions with each other! 😊
Forum set made by Nate
Dec 8, 2020 1:51 AM

Aug 2017
After the last week's depressing dark episode, we get a beautiful episode of Elina-Mama with Fran-Sensei and Sheila!!!

It was really enjoyable and the soundtrack felt refreshing.

Also, it seems like Curio Company is making a comeback in the next episode.

Dec 8, 2020 5:12 PM

Dec 2016
I still don't understand how "witches" work in this series. Like, why mages are weak compared to this witches? Are male also can become witch or there is equivalent like warlock?

Glordit said:

Itasha broom

I laughed so much at this, it's interesting to see modified brooms.

Not gonna lie, it is nice to see brooms that aren't looking painful to sit because whenever I see character that are forced to sit on basically sticks I always imagine how painful this must be for their asses and... other parts.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 9, 2020 6:41 AM

Aug 2020
It was a nice chapter to watch after the previous one, the story of Sheila and Fran was funny and pleasant, although I must say that I did not like the design of nikeh, it is too similar to Elaina And they would have put a different detail on it because it's like Elaina was the teacher in the future or something like that XD,and hopefully the next chapter is a continuation of this one, it would be the first "to be continued" in this anime
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know how long Elaina has been traveling and what age she started

Ninja_inslops - Nov 1, 2021

8 by Ranka-Nyan »»
Apr 19, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

243 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 12, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

173 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

276 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 9, 7:38 AM

Poll: » Majo no Tabitabi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

132 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 11:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.