Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2020 12:58 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FukuJun's character is not just a random character. He also knows the debt guy? And he wants the pearls girls have, too.

The 4 eyes bird got 5th eye. Its ability is to get them to sleep and understand the mind to control their weakness. That doesn't work on the girl who cannot dream, though.

Oh, Inuyasha and Kagome scene from preview was one of their dreams. They left their daughter to fight against the enemies. Also Miroku...

Finally vs. the female evil. She also has the pearl, which absorbed their power. Absorb vs. Absorb, huh. Dragon power grew w. her sister got hurt.
tsubasaloverNov 21, 2020 2:59 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 21, 2020 3:12 AM
Oct 2020
this was nice episode good action and the most intresting point is towa dream where we see the butterfly give the memories he stole from setsuna to rin in the tree. also as suspected riku is working for kirinimaru
Elior21Nov 21, 2020 3:16 AM
Nov 21, 2020 3:26 AM

Sep 2019
They finally revealed a little info about Inuyasha and Kagome. They've left Moroha in Kaede's care to fight with Sesshoumaru, Kagome's tear might have given some kind of extra power to the pear(it's just a random guess).

Towa saw Rin in her dream, who's probably her mother. I want them to reveal more information about Rin and Sesshoumaru, we barely know anything about them. It was a good episode.
Nov 21, 2020 3:49 AM
Oct 2016
Great conclusion to this arc with Kyuki and Yotsume. The latter using the purple rainbow pearl to look into the princesses dreams. Those scenes were very interesting. Seeing flashbacks to be when Inuyasha an Kagome had to send Moroha off keeping her safe. I'm very curious as to what Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru are doing going after them. Junbei seems to be the one whom raised Moroha and that's how they're so close, with Miroku dropping her off there. The other dream getting some more shots at Rin with the dream butterfly, those have to be connected some way. Maybe the dream butterfly is what let Rin sleep for so long in the tree.

The battle this episode was good. Towa having to dig deep trying to protect Setsuna. Kyuki being able to absorb demon energy made her a tough opponent. Loved the shots of Towa going at Kyuki with her demon sword blazing up. Towa is really starting to get used to all this feudal era business. Riku coming back again this time to take the purple rainbow pearl from the defeated Kyuki. They seemed to know each other so I wonder if Riku knows Kirinmaru personally too. Riku is more shady with every time we see him. Looks like next episode is back to some standalone episode demon fighting so that should be fun.
Nov 21, 2020 4:23 AM
Nov 2020
I think Riku is half demon and Kirinmaru son.
Nov 21, 2020 4:28 AM

Sep 2016
The fights were poorly animated, the designs of the demons look half-assed and there's still no plot progress. This sucks.
Nov 21, 2020 5:30 AM

Oct 2017
Well this was a reslly fast paced episode, it would have been a lot better if things were fleshed out a bit more.

So the reason Inuyasha and Kagome had to leave Moroha alone was cause Sesshoumaru and Kirinmaru attacked them? Why thou.
Nov 21, 2020 5:47 AM

Jul 2017
Getting into new territory after the introductory stage of the previous episodes, and what a setup.

Riku being a Lord isn't all that surprising though, but to work for Kirinmaru, that's a whole lotta something else, other than the Four Perils. This guy sure draws his shade soon enough with the collection of the Rainbow Pearls.

The 4-eyed owl Yotsume working for the Lady boss Kyuki, that was another setup waiting to happen, and the Rainbow Pearl with the Dream Gazing spell helps in the setup of the past, other than the ineffectiveness towards Setsuna.

Takeuchi, Moroha and Towa's dreams of the final images of Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshomaru anjd Miroku sure is fascinating. The abandonment of Moroha from Miroku, Inuyasha, Kagome and Sesshomaru's battle against Lord Kirinmaru, and most importantly the Dream Butterfly and the Tree of Ages which encapsulate the memories of Setsuna and Towa. The family tree mystery deepens ever further...

Moroha's acting on instinct, just like Inuyasha, but analytic, just like Kagome, really flexing her roots with Towa. The battle against Kyuki is basically the epitome of "using your weakness to your gain", though unimpressive this time with a half-assed effort.

Oh well, whatever. This is the start of what Yashahime's original scripted story will be, albeit low expectations.
Nov 21, 2020 6:08 AM

May 2020
I knew Towa was going win the fight as soon as Setsuna got injured but the whole glowing-dragon-sword-laser didn't do much for me. It would've been the perfect opportunity for Towa to go full beserk-Yokai mode and I'm disappointed that the only thing they did was change the color of her hair streak. Give the twins some fangs or something to show they're half-demon damn it. Also what's with the dragon motif for the girls, even though their all related to dogs ?

Overall, this episode was on the weaker side for me. I was expecting a bit more information about Inuyasha and Kagome but all we got was what we already saw in the previews (though the reveal that Hachi took Moroha was surprising. Also I completely forgot that Hachi existed so that was fun).

The fight with Kyuki was..... lame. I'm sorry, maybe it's because I'm also watching Akudama Drive (which has some gorgeous fight animation), but this fight wasn't that exciting to watch. If I'm going to be honest, it was very poorly animated.
Nov 21, 2020 6:58 AM

Feb 2019
I enjoyed it, but this ep felt hella rushed. I thought the fight between Towa and Kyuki could’ve had a little more emotion/build up. Would’ve been cool for her to go full rage mode. I also was hoping we’d see more backstory as to why Kagome and Inuyasha disappeared, but we only got small hints. Looks like Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru teamed up and attacked, still not quite sure why.

Then there’s riku. We know he’s not an ordinary pirate, but it’s looking like he’s got some serious clout in the demon world too. I’m thinking he’s Kirinmaru’s son, which would be a cool parallel with the girls.

Hopefully we’ll get these questions answered soon, I really hope everyone’s still alive๐Ÿ˜“. I don’t think sesshomaru would kill them.
Nov 21, 2020 7:27 AM

Apr 2013
Stranger_Hanyo said:
The fights were poorly animated, the designs of the demons look half-assed and there's still no plot progress. This sucks.

Yeah, I am a little disappointed too because I was hyped by the preview (finally showing Kagome and Inuyasha). Now I am more interested in why Miroky left the little youkai (I forgot his name).

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Nov 21, 2020 7:49 AM

Mar 2020
Well that was very quick. Gotta see two fights in this episode with both demons having used the rainbow pearl.

Inuyasha and Kagome got screen time this episode even if it was a less than a minute.

Still a lot of mystery's to be unfolded.

OK episode :/

Nov 21, 2020 9:18 AM
Sep 2008
For me this show feels more like a fanfiction rather than another season.

The fights were dull and boring, if the demon can absorb other demon power then why Moroha didn't use her arrows that doesn't use demon power? And why does Towa power that is based in demon energy does?

Riku said that he only kills the people he likes and yet he gives the final blow to one of the four bosses which he hates.

I really like Setsuna but the writers keep lowering her powers so Towa comes to save the day, also her fight with the demon owl could be ended before Towa arrived.

Also the new enemies desing feel kind of uninspired.
Nov 21, 2020 9:46 AM
Mar 2017
A little bit of Tinfoil-hat theory here. Riku is going to be shown as the main villain behind Kirinmaru.

Also, I have a bad feeling about Inuyasha and Kagome.........
Nov 21, 2020 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
Riku's an interesting guy.

Fight sequence could've been executed better. Not sure why Moroha didn't opt to use her sacred arrows and spirit power instead of her demon energy once they learnt that Kyuki could absorb demon energy?
There is a little too much focus on Towa as well, but I guess that's a given.

Inuyasha and Kagome had to fight Sesshomaru and Kirinmari, but why? What happened to them after that?
Nov 21, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
Really?!?! That build up and poof of azure dragon wave. Totally lackluster and boring, that part could have been so much better.
Nov 21, 2020 12:16 PM

Nov 2012
Riku is an interesting character and i hope he won't be the villan the whole anime, and somehow he will change his mind :D
I can't get myself to like Towa at all, and that's probably because they are trying too hard to make her the most powerful out of the 3. Inuyasha had a long way to train and eat dirt to get that strong, meanwhile she is so powerfull...i know she is Sesshomaru's daughter but still!
I liked this episode since it showed us about the past, but from the preview of the next episode looks like that was it? again some episodes without story progress ...i hope not tho.
I think i will put the anime on-hold till there are more episodes out, otherwise i might lose my interest...since its going so slow with the story. Inuyasha had so many episodes full of story, you couldn't even miss 3 seconds in some parts, a lot of things were happening all the time.
Nov 21, 2020 1:29 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It looks like Riku is letting the half-demon princesses do all the dirty work by having them defeat the four great peril demons and then take them out so he can claim of seven of the rainbow pearls for himself. I wonder how long it will take for the half-demon princesses to realize that Riku has a hidden agenda.
Nov 21, 2020 2:58 PM
Nov 2019
Good episode but I wish they would stop teasing us with the previews. Imagine if we didn't expect to see Inuyasha and Kagome at all, even for just a few seconds.
Nov 21, 2020 3:10 PM

Jun 2017
The fight wasn't great but at least that dream with Inuyasha and Kagome revealed stuff about Moroha.

Also since Takechiyo was dropped off by Miroku at the corpse dealer maybe he is Shippo's son but the age doesn't seem to add up.

And they totally retconned the rouge Inuyasha got from his mom, I can live with it but it's just annoying, at least make it believable like he actually had 2 originally and only one was destroyed or something.. Not suddenly undestroy it. lol
Nov 21, 2020 5:50 PM
Jul 2020
CesarMagnan said:
For me this show feels more like a fanfiction rather than another season.

The fights were dull and boring, if the demon can absorb other demon power then why Moroha didn't use her arrows that doesn't use demon power? And why does Towa power that is based in demon energy does?

Riku said that he only kills the people he likes and yet he gives the final blow to one of the four bosses which he hates.

I really like Setsuna but the writers keep lowering her powers so Towa comes to save the day, also her fight with the demon owl could be ended before Towa arrived.

Also the new enemies desing feel kind of uninspired.

This, so much this. Though I feel this pretty much describes the series, a bad fan fiction.
Nov 21, 2020 5:52 PM
May 2014
Stranger_Hanyo said:

and the main characters are protected by plot armor and get random powers
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2020 6:03 PM

Jul 2012
That battle was so...meh
They could have made her get some kind of youkai appearance or some shit...

So,the little Tanuki is the son of Miroku's tanuki friend...? And he was also the one who took Moroha. I wonder if he took her to Sango and Miroku...maybe not? Is Sango even alive? I still don't know why they were not the ones to raise Moroha honestly.
Also...so now we know that Kagome and Inuyasha had to keep Moroha safewhen she was reaaaaaally young but...why? What the hell Sesshomaru is planning?
The dream butterfly is connected to Rin and the Three.

Riku seems a bit more evil that waht I was expecting.

And bounty dude has a rainbow pearl as well? Look like a green one...

So many questions @-@

Nov 21, 2020 7:32 PM
Nov 2020

-Is it me, or are the designs of enemy demons in this show more "cutesy", as in not as grotesque as in the old days? Did somehow Inuyasha slay all the ugly ones? The repulsive one that we did get, the centipede, already appeared in InuYasha.

-I know this franchise never truly hooked me in for its fights, but I wasn't not a fan of this episode's two fights. The one with Yotsume barely even felt like one, and I didn't expect him to be annihilated already in this episode, same with Kyuki. The one with Kyuki felt like a slideshow, choppy and lackluster, and ended with the cliché of protagonists getting their butt kicked throughout but becoming overpowered at the sight of witnessing a loved one get hurt in a battle.

-Speaking of overpowered protagonists, while I liked the look of Super Towa with the blue hair stripe, I agree with others that it could have been cooler to see her becoming more demon looking like Inuyasha whenever he transformed.

CesarMagnan said:

Maybe they had a love/hate relationship.
Nov 21, 2020 7:47 PM
Dec 2013
Does anyone have any idea of how long Yashahime will be? 24-26 episodes or something? And surely this will be the only season, right?

I was really surprised to see Kyuki killed off already, I assumed the "four perils" would be much more formidable than they have been so far. Who knows, maybe the other two will be insanely strong. I have to admit that I was kind of disappointed in the fight as well, as others have mentioned, the animation wasn't great, and it just felt anticlimactic and I never once worried about the girls' wellbeing.
Nov 22, 2020 12:36 AM

Sep 2016
cristinacke28 said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:

and the main characters are protected by plot armor and get random powers

This is what happens when there's no source manga and you make the plot up along with the episodes. Horrible direction.
Nov 22, 2020 12:37 AM

Mar 2012
supershmevan said:
Does anyone have any idea of how long Yashahime will be? 24-26 episodes or something? And surely this will be the only season, right?

I was really surprised to see Kyuki killed off already, I assumed the "four perils" would be much more formidable than they have been so far. Who knows, maybe the other two will be insanely strong. I have to admit that I was kind of disappointed in the fight as well, as others have mentioned, the animation wasn't great, and it just felt anticlimactic and I never once worried about the girls' wellbeing.
No reliable source has given any episode count expectations yet.
Nov 22, 2020 12:38 AM

Sep 2016
DebiPS said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:

Yeah, I am a little disappointed too because I was hyped by the preview (finally showing Kagome and Inuyasha). Now I am more interested in why Miroky left the little youkai (I forgot his name).

The little yokai is Takechiyo.

And yeah, with each episode the show is becoming more and more of a joke.
Nov 22, 2020 1:08 AM

May 2014
Did Sesshomaru really just come to steal Inuyasha's baby? lmao what is this plot
Nov 22, 2020 3:41 AM

Jul 2016
supershmevan said:
Does anyone have any idea of how long Yashahime will be? 24-26 episodes or something?

It's rumored to be 24 episodes but nothing has confirmed yet so far.
Nov 22, 2020 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
Stranger_Hanyo said:
And here I thought I was the only one that felt this way. This series has been underwhelming from the get-go. I bet most everyone watching is to find out what happened to the Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango and Miroku. I'm really not interested in another long drawn out series with essentially filler that don't move the plot anywhere. At least this episode finally gave some hints but I'm not liking what this was insinuating about the fate of the last main cast.

MahiaErebeaNegi said:
supershmevan said:
Does anyone have any idea of how long Yashahime will be? 24-26 episodes or something?

I don't think that's what was implied. Still, doesn't bode well for Kagome and Inuyasha.
Nov 22, 2020 11:46 AM

Sep 2016
MetaKite said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:
And here I thought I was the only one that felt this way. This series has been underwhelming from the get-go. I bet most everyone watching is to find out what happened to the Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango and Miroku. I'm really not interested in another long drawn out series with essentially filler that don't move the plot anywhere. At least this episode finally gave some hints but I'm not liking what this was insinuating about the fate of the last main cast.

Absolutely, I ain't interested in seeing what the kids are upto, it's the main gang that I want to watch. They aren't revealing anything just trying to keep us hooked by showing a few glimpses of the OG gang every now and then. I'll probably watch this just to know what happened to them, but once this gets over, it ain't gonna be in my rewatch list.

Inuyasha was a masterpiece, Yashahime on the otjer hand is just a mediocre show which doesn't deserve the attention it's getting.
Nov 22, 2020 1:53 PM
Mar 2018
I really don't get why this show gets so much hate... I mean its one of the best to come out this year...
sure I am watching it mostly to find out what happened to Inuyasha and Kagome, but... also because Moroha, their daughter, is awesome
what?
Nov 22, 2020 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
I really don't like where the story is going. Seems like they are using the old characters just to bait me to keep on watching the show.

And it is probably working.

I really like Setsuna as a character. But the other two... if things go as fast as this episode, Setsuna will be my only redeemable character. I just hope Kirinmaru is as nasty as Naraku was, so I keep watching this with a nostalgia smile.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Nov 22, 2020 3:10 PM
Shลjo Specialist

Oct 2014
There is so much to overthink in this new series. I am just trying to take everything at face value because the story so far, although ties in with InuYasha obviously, could stand alone because it’s written so well.

They could have released YashaHime first and then InuYasha as a backstory.

I love the opening animation and the track. It’s perfect for this series. The ED credits are also ideal.

Anyway, Towa is just about the hottest character this season and makes me moist. Haha. I can’t get enough of her. I’m excited for each episode. All three of them are wonderful but I stan Towa!
Nov 22, 2020 3:24 PM

Apr 2018
Riku is kinda sus there is something going on with him. That Azur Dragon Strike was sick tho. Oh and that Miroku, Kagome, and Inuyasha hint that we got on what's happening to them, as well as Rin being in the tree as well.
Nov 22, 2020 6:39 PM

Jul 2016
MetaKite said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

I don't think that's what was implied. Still, doesn't bode well for Kagome and Inuyasha.

I'm pretty sure you reply to the wrong person lol.
Nov 22, 2020 6:57 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice! Azure Dragon Wave!
i wonder what hidden agenda Riku's planning?

Nov 23, 2020 5:47 AM

Aug 2018
Has the mother been confirmed? Is Rin the mother?
Araragi-kun, genki ii ne? Nanika iikoto demo attanokai?

Nov 23, 2020 4:49 PM

Jan 2018
I really don’t know what to feel about the show anymore so many let downs. Fights feel rushed, flashbacks scenes don’t feel as emotional as I would think they would I remember inuyasha prequel made me feel so much for the characters but i can feel the same way for the new female protagonists. None of them questioned where there parents are especially Moroha she knows about the great demon Sesshomaru being Towa and Setsuna’s father but doesn’t have any idea she’s inuyasha daughter doesn’t make sense at all. But I can say this that I think in my opinion the butterfly steals Setsuna dreams and brings them to Rin so she can survive in the tree makes sense why Towa saw the scene where Setsuna is standing and the butterfly is flying away into the tree to Rin. About Takechiyo he could be Hachi‘s son heard quiet a few theories about Hachi fighting against an enemy while protecting Moroha and that’s why it seems Miroku look sad when he handed Takechiyo over to Juybei. Not sure what to feel about the theory but nevertheless I hope next episode they talk about each other’s dreams or else this show will become more of crappy.
Nov 23, 2020 9:27 PM
Sep 2008
Koji_Kojiusame said:
I really don't get why this show gets so much hate... I mean its one of the best to come out this year...
sure I am watching it mostly to find out what happened to Inuyasha and Kagome, but... also because Moroha, their daughter, is awesome

It isn't even hate, just dissappointment after dissappointment. Watchable but underwhelming.
Nov 24, 2020 7:54 AM
Nov 2020
mintiel said:
Did Sesshomaru really just come to steal Inuyasha's baby? lmao what is this plot
The fact that Inuyasha and Kagome had a baby messed up the timeline (since she's from the future)? Only way to set it straight is to go baby-napping perhaps.
ใดใˆใ‚“่ถ…ใˆใฆใฑใŠใ‚“
Nov 24, 2020 1:58 PM
Mar 2015
Explanation how Kagome and Inu lost baby How Dream Butterfly took Setsuma's dreams and why Rin is trapped in Goshinboku
Nov 25, 2020 7:40 PM
Apr 2020
Sesshomaru and Kirinmaru killed Inuyasha and Kagome??!!

The first time Riku appeared, he's fishy. And he really is an enemy.

Bye Kyuki. Two perils left.

Nov 27, 2020 12:54 PM
Jul 2015
Setskuna is perfect just like her father, can't wait to see her true potential
Nov 28, 2020 10:42 AM

Jul 2008
So my money is on Riku being the main bad...not much to figure out there.
Nov 28, 2020 2:38 PM

Aug 2011
Stranger_Hanyo said:

Absolutely, I ain't interested in seeing what the kids are upto, it's the main gang that I want to watch. They aren't revealing anything just trying to keep us hooked by showing a few glimpses of the OG gang every now and then. I'll probably watch this just to know what happened to them, but once this gets over, it ain't gonna be in my rewatch list.

Inuyasha was a masterpiece, Yashahime on the otjer hand is just a mediocre show which doesn't deserve the attention it's getting.

Amen!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed how we're being reeled in by dangling the OG characters in front of us. Repetitious fights scenes, ass-pull powers, etc, the list goes on and on. Out of 8 episodes, I expected to see Kohaku's development as a demon slayer, at least one bad-ass moment or fight, but nooo. And that leaves me in no doubt what to expect from the other OG's when or if they ever return.
Nov 29, 2020 10:56 AM

Sep 2016
Tsuyu_no_Inochi said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:

Amen!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed how we're being reeled in by dangling the OG characters in front of us. Repetitious fights scenes, ass-pull powers, etc, the list goes on and on. Out of 8 episodes, I expected to see Kohaku's development as a demon slayer, at least one bad-ass moment or fight, but nooo. And that leaves me in no doubt what to expect from the other OG's when or if they ever return.

Even worse is the idiotic fanboys/girls praising this show as if it's the best. Yashahime is hardly a 5/10 show and it's nowhere near as good as Inuyasha. It's already 8 episodes and the show hasn't progressed at all.
Dec 3, 2020 6:34 AM
Sep 2019
Did they just show us that Sesshomaru attacked his brother with Kirinmaru ???
I don't why but that looked absurd to me ! The brothers end up with good terms , so why did they have to fight once again ?
Hope they reveal more about what happened
Dec 13, 2020 4:04 AM

Jun 2017
That last attack by Towa was really overpowered! She's such a badass. Too bad I'm not a fan of her appearance. There are times that gender bender isn't my thing. That depends on the story of course since I enjoyed "The Rose of Versailles."

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.