Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 13, 2020 10:09 PM

Jan 2013
This anime never stops to amaze, what an episode! Overall Friday 13th episodes were all insane, FireForce, Danmachi, Jujutsu, so many dark and intense episodes! What a day.

RIP to that guy, he seemed pretty nice and OP.
Poor Tamaki, if it wasn't Juggernaut, then it had to be Shinra xD

But Juggernaut was the MVP without any doubt! But tbh he was right, if he was less coward maybe his friend wouldn't have died.

What a way to end the episode tho, 10/10

Now about the military, wtf? How did Tokyo survive with such a big threat as Infernals only being defeated by FF, like the military doesn't even stand a chance...

Can't wait for next week's episode! Finally, best girl will be back, i hope...
Oh, and btw, i guess it's time for Maki's brother to really learn whit who 8th and Maki area dealing.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 13, 2020 10:46 PM

Jun 2014
Damn I was really liking Hajiki and just like that, he's dead. His short time on screen was badass though :(

Juggernaut finally got his time to shine and damn he was cool af. Really hope he didn't die there but the way this episode went, I won't get my hopes up.

Also, I like that they showed short backstories for some of the Fire Soldiers before they died, and then you have that one dude who was dreaming about simply wearing some new shoes lol. But then he died anyway....

And holy shit what is it with the women in the white clad all being so thicc. Stop making me like the bad guys so much Fire Force ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
thebrentinator24Nov 13, 2020 10:54 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 13, 2020 11:31 PM

Mar 2017
Juggernaut was really awesome in this ep, and I hope he ends up with Tamaki.
Also, anyone know who voiced Orochi? The voice is familiar but she ain't listed in the cast atm. It was Shizuka Itou, and the reason it was familiar was because of Hildegarde.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 13, 2020 11:46 PM
Dec 2019
I was hoping to see finally Tamaki and Shinra together because of this. But, damn... Juggernaut reaaaaalllyyy is the MAN!!! He just developed his character in just 10 minutes and he nailed it. He went from super shy, to super DAMN! This episode was very different from the previous. I think they wanted us to be unprepared for this one. I really hope Jug is ok after this.
Nov 14, 2020 12:09 AM
Sep 2018
Bruh wtf they just killed a good potential john wick type character in just 5 mins.
Very bad tbh. And they fucking left it on cliffhanger fucking great FML
Nov 14, 2020 12:12 AM

Apr 2020
TAKERU IS CRAZY!!! The last arc opens up with lots of crazy violence and deaths. Poor those three soldiers who had their cliche flashbacks before they die. It goes to show the true soldiers who are fighting in the real world (props). And Hajiki-senpai, he has one of the coolest powers ever and then he just got his head sliced (like Yuuji) and...died. Orochi's fighting power is really cool too (and damn she is thick). Tamaki got really beaten (even though she lewd dont you dare do that again) and because of that our boi Takeru. He became a man this week! And Orochi's death scene is really brutal.

So much action we got in this first part. This might be as great as the last season's Nether arc, and damn they are spoiling it to us. Great episode, bumping it up to an 8!
raiderublazeNov 14, 2020 12:38 AM
Nov 14, 2020 2:08 AM
May 2019
*NOOO, U CANT KILL CHARACTERS LIKE THAT

*Haha head goes brrrrrrrr
Nov 14, 2020 2:34 AM

Aug 2013
holy fucking shit what the hell was this?!
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 14, 2020 5:55 AM
Apr 2019
My boi Juggernaut finally gets his spotlight now. It's really fun watching this in HD. The animations are good as hell.
Nov 14, 2020 6:03 AM

Apr 2018
That was a dark episode...
Nov 14, 2020 6:19 AM
Mar 2020
Oh! new characters! ..... and theire dead.
Nov 14, 2020 8:57 AM

May 2018
Hajiki-senpai had the quickest death ever lol

And the other guys with their lives flashing before their eyes lol
Nov 14, 2020 9:44 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Joint Operation Nether Investigation arc started. The beginning was quite funny, with a lot of classical gags, and Arthur became my highlight there. That standing, and the beginning convoy, really become the reason behind an ending song theme. I am a bit of shock there knewing the similarity xD.

Tamaki fanservices, tho. Gladly, it just a glimpse. Because i might be chuckle again facing these episode. But, its not too long. Ritsu, the guardian of Inca was the main villain for these arc, together with the introduction of a new faction within Evangelist White-clads circle and served under her direct command, Knights of the Purple Smoke.

So, thats it, a hectic situations already happened while everyone decided to once again entering the Nether. Their decision to separate the units was sure a difficult situations, knewing the fact that they were all against the infernals, and the army from 2nd divisions mostly couldn't handle the horror of Ritsu's ability. Every teams had their own struggle, a lot of death happened from the 2nd division. But these episode was try to maintain and focus to the previous couple ship, Tamaki, and Jugger Noto to even more deeper.

Yeah, finally! Noto manly up his feeling, by taking the whole challenge from those fire whip knight very seriously after the death of his platoon leader from his division. Yeah, ngl for me, its intensed, with a nice flashback of him before joining the fire forces. That attacking style was great, a mass weapon, combining his whole feeling into a giant fire-bomb-alike which cause a true death for those knight with a massive explosion as a result. However, that end kinda worry me a bit. Could he be survive there?

To be continued!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 14, 2020 9:53 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AN EPISODE. Juggernauts is a boss. I also love that they gave the other characters a background story
Nov 14, 2020 10:37 AM

Apr 2015
I love how you're introducing a character and kill him off within 5 minutes, nice job! His strength was pretty incredible though. Well until that White Clad beheaded him...

Juggernaut gets his time to shine, his power till now is quite... strange. Honestly curious how he moves around in all those layers. Also had no idea he had such massive amount of firepower at his disposal. Not gonna lie, no one gets away with hurting Tamaki like that and Juggernaut delivered.

If all these White Clad girls are as thicc as Arrow and now this Purple Haze knight, then I have found my religion.
Nov 14, 2020 10:38 AM
Apr 2020
forgot there was a second season of this show, is it any good?
Nov 14, 2020 10:38 AM
Apr 2020
Nov 14, 2020 10:48 AM
Apr 2016
Ceb_1 said:

fight are cool but this season is more childish, and there s a lot of nonsense. the quality improves in the second half of the anime. I can recommand it but don t expect much
Nov 14, 2020 11:10 AM
Apr 2020
Franck_Nicolas said:
Ceb_1 said:

fight are cool but this season is more childish, and there s a lot of nonsense. the quality improves in the second half of the anime. I can recommand it but don t expect much

:/ i may ggive it a go then
Nov 14, 2020 12:05 PM

Jan 2008
Wow that got dark.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 14, 2020 2:20 PM

Apr 2020
i dont think this episode was TO dark than some of the previous ones. the whole second season has this ruthless tone (does anyone remember Panda and Sancho?) maybe the most shocking thing here is that the characters were "given a face" and a bit of background before being killed. and we can feel it

Juggernoto my boy >w< besides, am bore of the complaints about Tamaki. is repetitive fanservice tiring? yes. is she a bad character? absolutely not

anyway, great animation work and great cliffhanger! waiting for more of Hinawa and Maki's brother

Nov 14, 2020 2:37 PM

Mar 2017
Well shit... things got gruesome real quick! I was actually shook when Hajiki was brutally killed like that so suddenly.

I've been intrigued by Juggernaut since the beginning of this series, especially with the whole seemingly hollow thing. It was awesome to have an episode focused on him... but if he dies I will riot!
Nov 14, 2020 3:24 PM

Dec 2013
A surprisingly gruesome episode, I don't really like when shows starts killing people left and right and shame they decided to kill Hajiki, he was pretty cool.
Nov 14, 2020 4:06 PM
May 2017
It's wild how the writer of Soul Eater is the same person that wrote this. How he went from displaying women competent to a character like Tamaki is absolutely insane to me.
Nov 14, 2020 4:10 PM

Feb 2009
Sooooooo many death flags damn!
Nov 14, 2020 4:15 PM
Oct 2019
YOOOOO Juggernaut popping off!!!! Takeru the real MVP. Tamaki was almost going to be useful but ofcourse not. Hajiki was pretty strong but mans just got sliced up in now time. Ritsu causing trouble again with infernals and undead crewmates that had sad backstories and that funny shoe one. Why are all these White Clad girls so damn thiccc, Haumea, Arrow and now this Knight of The Purple Haze girl. Much tension between Hinawa and Maki's brother.

Solid episode with good fights, character development, new characters and the merciless killing.
Life is not daijoubu
Nov 14, 2020 5:18 PM
Jun 2016
I cannot believe how people can think this episode was good....yeah the animation was ok, but oh god...everything else was shit. Seriously, am I the only one who thinks Tamaki is an offensively awful character? is useless, her fanservice quirk is stupid and presents her just as a sexual object to arouse the audience, and the author also treats her horribly like.... all of her battles end up with her being beaten badly and waiting for a man to save her... and for some strange reason she always seconds the popularity charts in the shonen jump....like...what is wrong with this people? they just want a girl that shows skin in the stupidest ways possible and gets beated like the spouse of an alcoholic? and that is somehow supposed to be sexy since her clothers gets removed like it was made of sugar in all of her fights because yeah...seeing a woman being beated to pulp = hot stuff amirite?. And this is the guy who made Soul Eater? a pretty solid anime with a strong/interesting female protagonist...like...really?

and yeah... the whole death flag part was pretty lame...honestly am I too old to find that kind of stuff funny anymore? I mean I didn't think it was offensive, I don't really care if you wanna do dark humor, but if you gonna do it....at least try to be funny?....I don't know man, do people really though those old tired clichés were hilarious? maybe Im just too old Idk man. Im not even a female, but If I were I would be even more grossed out by Tamaki as a character and the fact she is so popular.

rant over....
Nov 14, 2020 5:30 PM

Oct 2018
OMG, death flags galore! LOL
Nov 14, 2020 9:22 PM
Jun 2013
Ceb_1 said:
Franck_Nicolas said:

Don't listen to his nonsense, there's nothing really childish about this season, don't even know what this guy is talking about, also the animation has been amazing the whole season and the direction is far better than season 1 that was a bit messy, watch it.
Nov 15, 2020 2:00 AM
Sep 2014
The sneakers joke was actually pretty funny lol
Nov 15, 2020 4:41 AM

Jun 2013
F to Hajiki
Introduced and killed off within five minutes loooool
Nov 15, 2020 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
Can't believe how seriously underrated this show is... God damn, the high octane action sequences are awesome! Animation is also always on point.
Nov 15, 2020 7:18 AM

Jul 2017
what an episode.. didn't expected that Fire Force could went this dark.

Holy shit, I felt like I was holding my breath the entire episode watching all the flames come in and there + a giant Atomic Blast in a cramped non-ventilated underground area aka Nether.
Nov 15, 2020 7:45 AM

May 2015
When that bomb hit whip bitch! It was so satisfying.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 15, 2020 9:26 AM
Jan 2016
Bruh how they gonna introduce a bad-ass chatacter like Hajiki and
Nov 15, 2020 10:47 AM
Apr 2016
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Ceb_1 said:

Don't listen to his nonsense, there's nothing really childish about this season, don't even know what this guy is talking about, also the animation has been amazing the whole season and the direction is far better than season 1 that was a bit messy, watch it.

What became childish :
-The villains move like three years old babies and wear diaper. The villains just look like teams of bad nurse cosplayers in this season. And their voice actor are babbling like idiots
-Arthur became completely stupid. In the first season he was just arrogant, now they just made him a pure fool and delusionnal 100% of the time. Are you telling me the part where he rides the top of the vehicule makes sense and is not childish?
-The plot is messy.
-The first episodes are just meant to see the character fooling around in the city, it as zero depth.

The animation quality of the first half was really down compared to the first season. In the second half it improved a lot especially during fight scenes.
Nov 15, 2020 2:11 PM
Sep 2019
Good Animation for a fight as always...
Too bad Hajiki-senpai didn't survive , he was a good character.
And about Juggernaut... boy , you are the main event youngman
Nov 15, 2020 9:32 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, what a way to kill off unimportant characters. Not even random flashbacks could make me feel something for those fodder soldiers... no, I lie. The dude who just wanted to try his new sneakers had me dying actually xD

Now seriously, I really missed Maki this episode. Fantastic animation aside, I couldn't care less about Juggernaut and his beheaded senpai. Not to mention also that seeing Tamaki demonstrating, once again, how much of a damsel in distress she is, was truly infuriating.

This said, let's hope next episode can do better considering the focus will be on more relevant characters such as Hinawa and Maki's brother.
Nov 16, 2020 1:19 AM
Mar 2015
The inconsistency bothers me. Showing so strong and capable enemies, but then when it comes to characters that the show wants to keep, it makes the enemies ridiculous.

I mean what was holding the whip lady back to whip off Juggernauts head so fast that he can't see it?
Why doesn't any bullet hit Viktor, even tho his entire squat got hit?
Nov 16, 2020 5:39 AM

Apr 2017
I didn't really expect this much death in one shounen episode :/

RIP Hajiki :(
Nov 16, 2020 6:03 AM

Jun 2020
Normally I enjoy dark and bloody episodes, because i believe it makes anime more realistic
But I hate episodes that try too be dark ,And I can't get rid of the thought that the episode was try too hard to be dark.
And Tamaki......I am tired of Tamaki doing nothing but Fanservice. I don't expect Tamaki to be overly strong or win every fight. but the same things happens in every fight and it start bothers me now.

Nov 16, 2020 9:36 AM
Nov 2020
Kionashi said:
I cannot believe how people can think this episode was good....yeah the animation was ok, but oh god...everything else was shit. Seriously, am I the only one who thinks Tamaki is an offensively awful character? is useless, her fanservice quirk is stupid and presents her just as a sexual object to arouse the audience, and the author also treats her horribly like.... all of her battles end up with her being beaten badly and waiting for a man to save her... and for some strange reason she always seconds the popularity charts in the shonen jump....like...what is wrong with this people? they just want a girl that shows skin in the stupidest ways possible and gets beated like the spouse of an alcoholic? and that is somehow supposed to be sexy since her clothers gets removed like it was made of sugar in all of her fights because yeah...seeing a woman being beated to pulp = hot stuff amirite?. And this is the guy who made Soul Eater? a pretty solid anime with a strong/interesting female protagonist...like...really?

and yeah... the whole death flag part was pretty lame...honestly am I too old to find that kind of stuff funny anymore? I mean I didn't think it was offensive, I don't really care if you wanna do dark humor, but if you gonna do it....at least try to be funny?....I don't know man, do people really though those old tired clichés were hilarious? maybe Im just too old Idk man. Im not even a female, but If I were I would be even more grossed out by Tamaki as a character and the fact she is so popular.

rant over....

You do not seem to pay any attention at all also you seem rather femenist here is a question that if you answer this correct you are gonna get the answer you seek.

Would you a nobody who probably know nothing about martial arts be able to beat someone who is amongst the most powerful fighters in the world.

Answering this is the 1rst step of finally realizing why tamaki cannot beat these guys you mentioned because simply everyone from rekka to assault and this lady in this episode all these enemies had something in common.
THEY WERE OUT OF HER LEAGUE!!!!!!! Do you understand what this means?

They were much stronger if the author did what you wanted then it would have been realistically stupid and equivalent to some trash weak ass lady beating someone 20 times stronger than her.

You have zero common sense lad.

She is untrained she has little to no experience and she is a nun what do you exactly expect? to be able to beat characters like charon?
How the hell would that be realistic? At least she is weak and loses and she is consistent as a character.
Nov 16, 2020 10:55 PM

Oct 2008
IMMENSELY UNBELIVABLE!!! Juggernaut overwhelming awesomeness! That was shit dope ending execution!!!
5/5!!!

Nov 18, 2020 9:57 AM
May 2020
This episode stripped the watchers of their comfort zone of being protected in that naive dream fantasy world and delved them into the actual true reality Fireforce post Catalysm.
The shift in tone and reality from a dreamlike and childlike world into a no hold bars world absolutely swooped audience of their feet, whether they'd like it or not. Before this, there were very dark themes and buildup for the past few episodes, but this episode absolutely intensified the grisly and immoral nature of fireforce to the max and gave us the most gruesome and despicable deaths yet.? "Cold" is the perfect way to sum up this episode, the characters were killed off like fireflies without remorse and with such a unique indifference; destroying any semblance of hope in the future development and potential of a few characters. The ambition and direction of D. Prod was entirely put on display, as they weren't afraid to kill such promising characters despite utilising them for further roles in the next episodes. Such as Hajiki who was presented to be one of the coolest and freshest bad asses in the anime to be killed in such a unemotional manner should be the direction that D. Prod continue to further pinpoint the true gruesome and despicable reality anime Fireforce. This is a similar dramatic effect and form that D. Prod used for Jojo which utilises the same technique of unfearful indifference to kill great characters despite their potential and role to the anime. If this were to be the cold direction that Fireforce proceeds, we might be in another emotional nightmare that might reach the heights of Re:Zero and I'm entirely up and looking forward to that.
Nov 18, 2020 12:35 PM
Apr 2020
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Ceb_1 said:

ill go for it! or ill try at least
Nov 18, 2020 1:51 PM
Mar 2015
Hooray for Juggernaut weapon of destruction
Nov 19, 2020 5:07 AM

Nov 2016
I was fanboying over Hajiki and then he was gone..

Rip him and the fodder fighters.

But props to Jugger, he fucked that bitch up. Don't wake up a sleeping giant.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 19, 2020 5:29 AM

Feb 2018
This episode was crazy holy s... They mocked the death flag idea like that and made a plot twist with killing the gun guy without giving any flag. This episode was very realistic in so many ways. I still can't believe they showed me a very likeable character and chopped his head off in a moment. Plus, I think with that Juggernaut they made a very interesting character. He is weak minded and afraid of fire so he has multiple layers. Those layers represents his mindset aswell, because he is putting a wall with real world with them. But he wanted to take them of for the girl she loves, I think that was a metaphor too.
Nov 19, 2020 8:16 AM

Dec 2016
I was this 👌🏽 close to think “Juggernaut is so useless” I'm glad he proved me wrong. But did he sacrifice himself to defeat that white clad?

Hajiki was so cool but unfortunately he just lasted for like a few minutes...

I don't know why but I laughed when those soldiers were dying one by one after reminiscing their life XD

In that one scene I thought this became a hentai...
Nov 19, 2020 2:38 PM

Mar 2016
Fire Force always shakes me up. The immediate death of 3 new characters and Hajiki just being one shot to death after his bizarre display of gun dancing...... it's too much😭 I genuinely have no problem who Shinra ends up with as Juggernaut and Assault have the hots for Tamaki. I felt really bad for Tamaki, but damn...... she's genuinely tough! As for Juggernaut, you finally shined like a tank🔥
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

138 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 4, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

84 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 15, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

92 by Scootboi »»
Mar 7, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

161 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

76 by muimaniac »»
Jan 13, 10:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.