Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2020 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this episode actually gave me a better impression of Yuusuke Yotsuya when he fights literally not just to win but for survival.

Feels like a thrilling episode of adventure with Tomb Raider-style traps and taking on a dangerous warrior in this timeline. Kahabell might feel average but I think she has a lot of potential.
Stark700Nov 13, 2020 7:22 AM
Nov 13, 2020 6:27 AM

Nov 2019
At this point, I'm just waiting for Yuka's big special moment.

Also, we get to see more of our main characters' motivation and backstories, problem being that majority of people probably already dropped this show before it got to this point.
Nov 13, 2020 7:31 AM

Feb 2019
Alright now we’re starting to get somewhere here. Took 7 weeks but this was the first ep I really enjoyed from beginning to end and was consistently engaged. Fire ep.

We got some good Yotsuya backstory, Iu got to shine with her class switch, and best girl Kahvel had some cute moments. Yostuya’s brainstorm at the end there makes me wonder just what the game master’s up to.

Interested to see what comes of the “splitting up” idea.
Nov 13, 2020 7:34 AM
Oct 2016
Shindou got her big moment to shine! Things didn't look good for a minute there with Kavhel, their strongest party member, going down. But glad to see Shindou get her class change right then and get the sword warrior class. Using her athletic ability along with those few frozen seconds to get in close and take the gargoyle out. Shindou not wanting to feel useless and feel those regrets like she did before. Kinda weird the others just stood back and watched her fight but I suppose they would've just gotten in the way.

Yotsuya climbing that wall was cool, getting over something that was probably designed to be insurmountable. Him walking through the darkness thinking about how he's always been alone was sad. Good that he's found a place her in this world as their leader. Even though he's not much higher up than the others are. They're all kinda just average in this world. Shindou does have the most potential but she still seems limited. Kavhel speaking about that too how she feels average and wants to improve, something all our main characters could do. Yotsuya finally realizing how vague these quest requirements are, the game master hasn't given them much clear instructions. Like he's purposefully leaving it open to interpretation. Maybe these so called heretics are the goods but maybe it could be almost anything.
Nov 13, 2020 7:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow Kahabell tried to kiss him xD okay so now they're going to split up, it's maybe going to be interesting, but they need to stop putting "sad" backstories every time it's annoying at this point
Nov 13, 2020 7:59 AM
Sep 2015
I kinda get that people from the future might be themselves trying to help themselves in the past to safely coming-of-age but I still don't get how this story get the name "I'm standing on 1,000,000 lives." Why a million lives?
Nov 13, 2020 8:59 AM
Apr 2019
phantomfandom said:
I kinda get that people from the future might be themselves trying to help themselves in the past to safely coming-of-age but I still don't get how this story get the name "I'm standing on 1,000,000 lives." Why a million lives?
in the 6th quest, he already standing on a hundred of corpse
Nov 13, 2020 9:01 AM
Sep 2015
nabewry said:
phantomfandom said:

Oooh, so this is quite a naughty spoilish title, there'll be a million death in the end, but is it count what happened in Tokyo?
Nov 13, 2020 9:02 AM

Jul 2017
Yotsuba's backstory...man, if the missions are of importance, his duel to humanity alone that hardens his alreay cold-hearted personality, survival is TOP priority rather than people surviving (well, at least for the people that NEEDS saving, that's why the "1,000,000 lives" title moniker is there, but I'd doubt the anime will even cover further than 12 episodes wouild allow its long content).

Still within the Deokk's trap, and Shindou's turn to shine while Kahvel is out wuith a class change at the most opportune moment to finish the gargoyle. Yotsuba being a man, and saving Kahvel, and in return a "trying" kiss from the strongest knight.

Yotsuba being the brain once again, and a thought-provoking process for a wild goose chase. It's one thing to follow, and another to still keep it, so, time to split up!

The most important question this episode is: WHO ARE YOU? HOW FAR CAN YOU GO? To survive in such a wretched setting, and make the best use of it.

Getting interesting from the shallowness of the 1st half.
Nov 13, 2020 9:05 AM
Apr 2019
phantomfandom said:
nabewry said:

Oooh, so this is quite a naughty spoilish title, there'll be a million death in the end, but is it count what happened in Tokyo?
probably, it's still far from finished imo
Nov 13, 2020 9:32 AM

Sep 2019
Iu should play gacha, she turned into a Warrior at the time where she needed that role most. Drop rates in this show are weird.
Nov 13, 2020 10:35 AM

Mar 2020
Wow. Shindou did something useful basically without the help of Yotsuya and Kahabell. Everyone else was useless though, just standing there and watching all the action.

Kahabell kissed Yotsuya...didn't even look like a kiss to me xD.

Average episode :/
Nov 13, 2020 2:19 PM
Feb 2018
every aspects of this anime are getting better every week, except the animation :D
Nov 13, 2020 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
Shindou's new ability I really liked the episode itself I was very average for me I don't know other people's opinion but the ending was very interesting I hope that guy explains it more I know another mystery.

This guy must know a lot.

Nov 13, 2020 5:01 PM

Mar 2020
it was a good episode, it’s good to show that the group doesn’t just depend on Kahabell and Yotsuya
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 13, 2020 7:31 PM

Oct 2017
Wow colour me surprised never thought one of the three bitches will be useful.

Atta girl Kahvel, she knows Yotsuya's values.

They are gonna split up hih, hopefullh Yotsuya will go alone and the other three girls will be in one team.
Nov 13, 2020 7:54 PM
May 2020
Why was he shirtless when he managed to climb the wall? so dramatic lol

The death of that guy was kinda sad, and what the MC said too (i still don't learn the names lol)

also, wtf was that weird backflip the wizard did?
Nov 13, 2020 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah the Kahvel kiss on Yotsuya was not animated well at all. But at least he got it lol.

Shindou becoming a Swordsman was cool
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 13, 2020 9:24 PM

Apr 2020
Well they defeated the gargoyle which gets them out of the mountain arena. Kahabell almost died but saved by Yotsuya (and damn they maybe but kinda kissed) This is Maho's film (new studio) I guess first try on kissing and it looks so bad (I know they'll improve but who wants to kiss in that manner yikes).

The four MC's realize that they're running out of time and they really need to think for a flexible plan. It was a much more chill episode and the characters had grown on me a bit (hey Shindo isn't useless anymore HA) which means I'll stick with this till the end.
raiderublazeNov 13, 2020 9:27 PM
Nov 13, 2020 9:56 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Fast pacing, i guess. But its fine since i don't see anything bad about that. Lol. No wonder if those dungeon trap will become their training ground to strengthened them in an instant. But surely i am surprised that they had a deep thought over some parts. Well, i might had a feeling they just too over thinking about everything. Or even their way to developed their characters. Well, even though i feel its still kinda strange, but since its worked for them to advancing. I don't have a trouble to understand that and i think its just a fine matter again!

Yotsuya used the climbing site as the training session to strengthened up his physical and mentality. Nice job, Master! While Shindou used the battle against those golem to levelled up her rank, finally. And she used another role to raised up her physical stats! Gladly its matched up with her current battle, so everything should just end up pretty easily. The way of her thinking was fine. Even though i am still funny with the style, cause its looks like very forced. Even i don't remember her having a brain-storming session with Kahvel. But oh well, whats happen its just happened. Even with that Kahvel injury too, and created a closer relationship to Yotsuya. Hah! No wonder that thing existed, because he was actually her savior!

Okay, so the deal with those dungeon place was finally over. Kahvel not death, and Yotsuya suddenly figured out the meaning of the 'goods'. Nice! However, since they were a hero, no doubt that they must saved the prisoners and Yotsuya's plan to split them up was ofc a better plan to do. That otaku girl thinking at the end was hilarious. Obviously its happening, cause you were useless af xD.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 14, 2020 1:19 AM

Oct 2016
Well, that was actually a pretty good episode. Definitely the best episode so far. Phew, I thought Kahvel died cause I really like her. I support Yotsuta x Kahvel, though I guess it's impossible since different worlds and all, fuck.

Finally some Shindou development, she has also became a warrior. Hakozaki should get a job change too, something that would fit her more since she's not compatible with the warrior class.

Pretty understandable why Yotsuya has a mindset like that, because of the shit he went through as he grew up.
Nov 14, 2020 12:03 PM

Sep 2007
Yotsuya: "TLDR: Let's split up"
My thoughts: "Inferiority complex"
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 14, 2020 2:10 PM

Apr 2019
Yotsuya was pretty damn cool when he dove in to save Kahvel. Shindou got the warrior class now so let's hope that she'll be useful in the future. seems he got a kiss in from Kahvel, good on him. they're splitting up again trying to find 'goods' hope that goes well.

Nov 14, 2020 10:28 PM
Apr 2020
Nice moves Iu! And Kahvel kissed Yuusuke. lol

Nov 14, 2020 11:13 PM
Mar 2012
fairly good ep this time with nice osts.
Yotsuya still vague backstory but a different savior role. im liking his development & comparisons with Kahvel. cute Kahvel.
Funny how Kusue doesn't deny the claiming & checks on the other two lol.
Nov 15, 2020 12:42 PM

Sep 2020
This episode was pretty decent, ngl. Probably the best so far. It really made me get more invested into the characters, especially Yotsuya and Kahvel (who now seems to have a thing for him, fair enough considering he just saved her). Seems like Shindou's "swingings" paid off when she turned into a swordswoman and thanks to Yotsuya and Kahvel's tips she defeated the gargoyle. Nani? Bland isekai characters actually think for once? Jk, jk. Or am I? Anyway, the music is really the best part about the show for me so far and I'm digging that the most but on the opposite side is the animation which is very mediocre tbh. Will keep watching though.
Nov 15, 2020 3:42 PM
Jul 2018
I would say this is probably one of the better episodes. I really thought Kahabell was dead, but it was nice to see that our MC saved her.

Yotsuya I'm guessing had a revelation? What was up with the demon eyes he had in the beginning? I doubt they are ever going to bring it up later and it was just added for the heck of it, but I wonder what it meant. And my boy just had his first kiss lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways . . . my little rant to this episode/series in general:

I'm trying to like this show, but I can't find it in myself to actually enjoy it.

I feel they are trying to make the MC way too edgy. All these flashbacks are so cliche and all the attempted comedy relief mini-breaks just hurt. All the characters are pretty garbo as well. I feel this would've been better as a harem, but the MC is pretty annoying in itself so it's hard to find him likable.

Nov 15, 2020 5:47 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice! Yotsuya got a kiss reward from Kahabell because valiantly saved her from drowning and healed her severe would!
that ED was a bit sudden with all those blabber info dump of Yotsuya!
4/5.

Nov 17, 2020 2:56 AM

Sep 2020
if you paid attention to Yotsuya flashback, you will realize the real reason why 2 of his party actually disgusted when he quickly save Kahvel. Its because yotsuya (still) values people by their usefulness, so he's doing it not out of kindness. while he treat his party coldly (because they are not useful enough in his mind) compared to people in that world
Nov 17, 2020 5:01 AM
Dec 2019
this is the anime's peak isn't it? mediocre
Nov 17, 2020 4:30 PM

Mar 2010
I was fuming with anger when I saw khavel get striked down, I almost lost all hope tbfh. But then I realized their might be a chance and i'm so fucking happy she made it lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 18, 2020 1:38 PM

Sep 2007
Oh man ...
i'm not prepared for the next episode ...
or in two ones ...

EDIT : After looking at this ...
We are like 1 episode for 1 chapter or near ...
So it's not before a lot of episodes...
ShiroiRyuNov 18, 2020 1:42 PM
Nov 19, 2020 8:57 AM

Jun 2019
Well, this is the first episode out of 7 so far that I personally enjoyed.
Nov 19, 2020 12:26 PM

Mar 2016
Now this was a good episode. Yotsuya has a point when it comes to survival, but not all can see it that way. It's a good thing Kahvel survived and that little kiss was it, but the trio interfered. Shindou's flexibility and class change helped her survive by a major leap. Also, glasses is just terrible.
Feb 7, 2021 12:08 AM
Feb 2020
They've dropped all pretense now. They've put a sword in "Asuka's" hand.

+

The title of this episode is: Cap'n Save a Ho Pulls Ass - Eyeroll

[Actual Eyes Rolled In The Back Of The Head Animated]

Girl was DEAD. Okay so given she is a supporting character any wound that didn't actually destroy the head or heart or some thing [given the presense of a healer in the list of characters] could be handwaved away [and was] as just a minor fleshwound nothing that some good ol healing magic can't fix.

But that girl was bled out dead and drowned. And how'd he / they carry her body up from that.

All things considered it's a fun watch.
May 30, 2021 5:36 PM
Apr 2019
Rui_Rei said:
They've dropped all pretense now. They've put a sword in "Asuka's" hand.

+

The title of this episode is: Cap'n Save a Ho Pulls Ass - Eyeroll

[Actual Eyes Rolled In The Back Of The Head Animated]

Girl was DEAD. Okay so given she is a supporting character any wound that didn't actually destroy the head or heart or some thing [given the presense of a healer in the list of characters] could be handwaved away [and was] as just a minor fleshwound nothing that some good ol healing magic can't fix.

But that girl was bled out dead and drowned. And how'd he / they carry her body up from that.

All things considered it's a fun watch.
Literally what I was thinking
Oct 1, 2021 3:15 PM

Jul 2015
Ah nice to see Iu get her moment to shine as I personally think of her as the only competent female hero although I'm not so sure on having another warrior class in the team. More importantly wtf were Kusue and Yuka doing while Kahabell and Iu were putting their lives on the line against that gargoyle.

Aug 19, 2023 9:23 PM
Aug 2023
So glad Kahvel got saved, I thought she bit it, and I was so ticked. She's the best girl on the team by far, the show would suffer if she's no longer in it. It's difficult to tell whether she's a permanent character or not though. What's going to happen to her after they finish the quest.

Yuka and Iu both dismissively thinking "He'll save Kahvel though"; yeah I get that's probably a joke, but those dumb girls made a false comparison. Kahvel doesn't respawn, nor does finishing their quest ensure Kahvel's safety. I wonder if those two girls think it's a game like the MC does when thinking about those prisoners, Kusue obviously sees it as real life. Even in that flashback scene showing the dead ally guy, everybody was crying except Yuka and Iu. I wonder, were they being tough, or just didn't care. The MC cared a lot when he came across the body.

Interestingly enough, when Kahvel asks the girls if any of them have a claim on the MC, Kusue is the only one who didn't actually respond. I think I rather just go with Kahvel and the MC, they got a way better relationship and chemistry than any of the others.

More topics from this board

» A few questions about the series.

RudeRedis - Feb 9

16 by YuusukeYotsuya »»
Feb 10, 2:24 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

84 by Fatihjalaludin86 »»
Jan 30, 5:02 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

32 by Manuel777Anime »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

71 by axeln13 »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

69 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.