Forum Settings
Forums

Do you want to be childfree so bad that you'll mess up your perfectly working organs just to prevent it from happening?

New
Nov 12, 2020 5:36 AM

Aug 2007
I don't plan on having a child in the future, and having a tubal ligation done on me will be like the best decision that I'll have for myself. Here in my country, there is a government organization which offers it for free, so there should be no problem with the cost. However, further reading suggests that there will be post-surgery pain and sometimes might even have a long-term effect on your reproductive system and whatnot. I'm this close to booking myself an appointment lol.

P.S. Read poll.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Nov 12, 2020 5:56 AM

May 2016
what the cool kids say nowadays? your body your choice? i don't think it's necessary if you are careful enough, although I don't know anything about your and your countries habits and traditions
Nov 12, 2020 6:00 AM

May 2014
I mean, couldn't you just take contraception.
I've been here way too long...
Nov 12, 2020 6:07 AM

Aug 2007
TheConquerer said:

You can, but unlike other methods, ligation is permanent and has 99% success rate. Plus you only have to do it once in your life. There is another procedure called IUD (for woman) but only lasts for 5 to 10 years.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

To others I am unknown.

Nov 12, 2020 6:20 AM

Mar 2012
I don't intend to ever have sex with anybody so I don't have to worry about getting pregnant (unless the worst case scenario happens - rape). Tubal ligation doesn't stop periods so there's no point in getting it done for me at least.

I had been to a gynecologist and she told me that all of these procedures have after effects that could even last for the rest of your life. It's best if you do thorough research and weigh your options before getting any anything done.
Nov 12, 2020 6:25 AM

Nov 2018
u don't need 2 b afraid of pregnancy as woman or daddy who has 2 pay money 4 a little rat u don't like or if u simply hate children at all 2 do so. if ur smart enough and truly love kids u won't give birth at all in 2 a world corrupted like this 1. or use ur brain while netflix and chill. ever heard bout protection?
Nov 12, 2020 6:26 AM

Apr 2020
I don't like to use this word unironically, but it's lowkey degenerate af to get surgery just because you want raw dick daily.
Nov 12, 2020 6:43 AM

Aug 2007
Maou_heika said:
I don't intend to ever have sex with anybody so I don't have to worry about getting pregnant (unless the worst case scenario happens - rape). Tubal ligation doesn't stop periods so there's no point in getting it done for me at least.

I had been to a gynecologist and she told me that all of these procedures have after effects that could even last for the rest of your life. It's best if you do thorough research and weigh your options before getting any anything done.

Thanks for your input, will research a bit more about it.

Kaasfondue said:
I don't like to use this word unironically, but it's lowkey degenerate af to get surgery just because you want raw dick daily.

Well, I don't really think of it as a degen thing, unless there are plenty of dicks involved.

もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

To others I am unknown.

Nov 12, 2020 6:49 AM

Sep 2018
I do not want kids yet in my mid 20s though I may want some in my 40s so I would not get any operation done. I am a male who never initiates dates or sex so operations would have no meaning to me.
Nov 12, 2020 7:00 AM

May 2014

Poulain said:
TheConquerer said:

You can, but unlike other methods, ligation is permanent and has 99% success rate. Plus you only have to do it once in your life. There is another procedure called IUD (for woman) but only lasts for 5 to 10 years.

What age are you? Even if you don't have plans now, it is an irreversible surgery and that is serious enough to warrant putting it off if there are simple solutions like contraception.
I've been here way too long...
Nov 12, 2020 7:05 AM

Aug 2016
Oh hi there fellow countrybruh, (on topic) if you don't want any children, then don't fuck lmao, that's the purpose of fucking. If you want to, then use contraception like everyone will say, "but 99%" well that vs long term effects. This is the problem when you misuse shit lmao, (for example) eating is used for survival, now it's practically used for pleasure, which breeds all sorts of health hazard, overall don't mess up your body bruh.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Nov 12, 2020 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
I don't want to be childfree so the question for myself is moot. Other people can take whatever steps they want; they should be free to do so.
Nov 12, 2020 7:08 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
hmm If I dont want a kid I merely just don't do any sex, it's super ultra easy not to do any sexual intercourse at least here, no need to do surgery or contraception.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 12, 2020 7:18 AM

Aug 2016
TheConquerer said:

Poulain said:

What age are you? Even if you don't have plans now, it is an irreversible surgery and that is serious enough to warrant putting it off if there are simple solutions like contraception.

She made her account here in 2007, so she's probably in her 30/40s. So if she's thinking about "child free" shit and surgery at this point, there's no changing stances down the line for her, so the only hazard here is the long term effects, which is so and so.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
2静か先生88#7307
Nov 12, 2020 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
2shizukasensei88 said:
TheConquerer said:

She made her account here in 2007, so she's probably in her 30/40s. So if she's thinking about "child free" shit and surgery at this point, there's no changing stances down the line for her, so the only hazard here is the long term effects, which is so and so.
Never guess a woman's age. It'll get you into trouble.
Nov 12, 2020 7:37 AM

Aug 2016
operationvalkyri said:
2shizukasensei88 said:

It's my favorite extreme sports behind using MAL, go figure.
2静か先生88#7307
Nov 12, 2020 7:38 AM

Jun 2014
I don't ever want to get a vasectomy, but I don't plan on having sex with anyone, anyway.

I hate children, and I would never have or raise one, ever.

Nov 12, 2020 7:44 AM

Aug 2012
Why don't you just use protect when you have sex? Not going through all that nonsense? You don't want kids now but the future can change your mind set.
Nov 12, 2020 7:44 AM

Oct 2013
Keep in mind that you don't intend to have a child in the future now.
This might change in a few years. You never know. You can have a change of heart or the potential love of your life may leave you because he absolutely wants children. Then you are going to hate yourself that for the sake of convenience in your younger years you decided to do this.

I can understand the use of these "final" infertility solutions in such cases where you already have a lot of children or you know that you have some severe hereditary diseases but if you are healthy and have no children it would be better to consider other less "final" contraceptives.

I considered a vasectomy for some time but decided against it since the reversal procedure hasn't really a guaranteed success chance and some days I want to have my own kids.
Nov 12, 2020 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
I have no intention of ever doing surgery for that reason.
Nov 12, 2020 7:55 AM

Jan 2009
im pro-choice so ye its your choice to make madam
Nov 12, 2020 7:58 AM

Mar 2013
Just do whatever you want man, it's your body. As for myself, I don't plan on having kids anytime soon. Not for the next 10 years.
Nov 12, 2020 8:06 AM

Dec 2018
There isn’t a wrong or right decision for this so you should do what you feel is best for you.
Nov 12, 2020 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
I don't want kids right now, but I know I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago so I can't make that decision for my future self. As a woman, contraception, plan B and quick pregnancy tests can cover all your bases. If you track your cycles properly, it becomes literally impossible.

I think it's weird to have such a paranoia about something you can control. Do with your body whatever you like, it's not like that's your only choice of being a mother anyway.
Nov 12, 2020 8:52 AM

Jul 2016
I don't think I'll want kids but idk maybe I will in the future so I wouldn't do something to stop it. But people who can know they never want kids should ofc be able to. Women aren't baby machines
Nov 12, 2020 9:09 AM
Dec 2017
There isn't any good or bad decision or whether or not you do want kids you have to make that decision up for yourself.

Nov 12, 2020 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
I don’t want to be child free. People who don’t want kids make no sense to me. My bloodline has endured until now. Why would I just let it die off for no reason? The fruit of my loins could change the world someday. Some guy or girl 400 years from now may be able to trace their bloodline back to me.

Anyway, no matter what there is no way I would ever get a vasectomy. Even if I already have enough kids. For one I won’t really know for sure if those kids are even mine. Secondly, if I break up with my girl I may want kids with another woman one day.

But the rest of you can do what you want. As long as nobody tries to forcibly or stealthily sterilise anyone we shouldn’t have a problem.
Nov 12, 2020 9:39 AM

May 2013
I don't want kids.

I don't want to lose my freedom. Also I am not sure I am mature enough to have children.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Nov 12, 2020 10:15 AM

May 2014
I think they’re great options for people who never want children or are done having children.

The real problem is how hard it is for some women to convince their doctors they want tubal ligation, at least in North America.

“You have to have x amount of children first, your husband must sign consent, you’re too young to make that decision, have a child and come back to see me”

Meanwhile access to vasectomies isn’t gatekeeping (at least not from what I see) or full of loaded questions about guilt.

I don’t want kids and I can guarantee you it’ll be very hard for me to find a doctor who’ll do it since I’m in my early 20s. Good thing my fiancé is willing to get a vasectomy.
Nov 12, 2020 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Your body, your choice fits my opinion on it to a tea. It isn't like you are hurting other people by doing so, and if you don't want children and get pregnant, it's going to be a tough time. Abortion is a controversial issue, and some girls may just feel better not having to do it and avoiding the choice altogether.
Nov 12, 2020 11:49 AM

Sep 2020
I mean your body your choice, but people´s opinions change often so that´s a decision you may regret later (or not )
"If I get reincarnated… I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D Luffy

Nov 12, 2020 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
This is an interesting topic for me. For the past year, I have been seriously considering getting a vasectomy.

The ironic reason I've been so unsure about it is, I am the type of person who is extremely hesitant to make permanent decisions of any kind. It's ironic because, obviously, having a kid (whether on purpose or on accident) is a permanent decision.

Eventually, I got to the point where I had essentially decided I would go on with having a vasectomy. I reasoned it out like this: I analyzed the worst case scenario for each side of the spectrum.

On the one end, the worst case scenario was: I don't get a vasectomy, and I accidentally have a kid that I don't want, and the woman in the situation doesn't want an abortion, doesn't want to put the kid up for adoption, and wants to raise it herself.

On the other end, the worst case scenario is: I get a vasectomy and make myself permanently unable to have kids, but one day, I decide I do want to have kids.

I thought, out of those 2 extremes -- which there's no guarantee that either of them would ever happen -- which one would I regret more? Well, I believe I would regret the 1st scenario much, much, much more. So I decided I'd have a vasectomy. Plus, in addition to that, vasectomies aren't even 100% effective. I believe you're supposed to go in every few months, or every couple years or something, to check your sperm count, and if your sperm count is too high, you need additional work done or something (to lower it back down). I believe I even know someone (well, friend of a friend) who had a vasectomy, and still had kids afterward. So if you have a vasectomy, if you want it to be effective, you need to monitor it if you really don't want to have kids.

Plus, if I get a vasectomy, but then years later I do want to have kids, I can adopt, or I can get a sperm donor. (And shit, if I want the kid to look like me and have basically my genes, my brother might even be able to be a sperm donor - or maybe that would seem weird to him or me or my partner in the situation, idk. (Plus my brother might get a vasectomy too, lol)). But again -- even if I'm not fully happy with those options ---- I still think I would much, much more deeply regret having a kid that I don't want - rather than getting vasectomy and then wanting a kid.

But even with all that reasoning, I'm still hesitant about getting a vasectomy. I guess I am just really really hesitant to make permanent decisions. Also, it's not exactly a high priority right now, since I'm not really sexually active at the moment... But the thing with sex is, you never know when it may happen. Sometimes it just comes out of nowhere. (No pun intended... lmao). So I am still seriously thinking about getting a vasectomy. Because at the current point, I really really believe that I never want to have kids in my life. But something that you learn in your 20's (or at least that I learned) is how unpredictable life is. What my 20's have taught me is: I should have no certainty or confidence that anything in my life, personality, or identity will be the same 5 years from now... let alone 30 years from now. (That's one of the reasons why I also don't believe in marriage).

I'm 28, which I believe is pretty young to get a vasectomy. In the way I reasoned it out, I am serious about getting a vasectomy, but I am very hesitant about it.

Edit: Also, I wanted to say... when you have a condom break once, you lose a lot of trust in condoms for the rest of your life. Yeah it was because I stored the condom in the car and the hot temperature ruined the latex, which I'm never doing again, (it was a Durex which was not expired, by the way - never use condoms that you store in the car -- hot and/or cold temperatures will ruin the rubber, even in a mild climate like California), but you're always afraid of somehow getting a bad condom at that point... no matter how small the chances are, if it's above 0, it's something you worry about.
removed-userNov 12, 2020 8:40 PM
Nov 12, 2020 8:07 PM

Apr 2020
No that seems horrible just wear a condom or the pill. Chances of pregnancy are next to 0.
Nov 12, 2020 8:07 PM

Oct 2012
I think there are other and much smarter ways to avoid having children. Who knows what might happen in your life that might make you change your mind? I thought I was a lesbian and never wanted kids up until 2 years ago where I randomly fell in love with a man. Now I suddenly want kids. Life is unpredictable, so it's best to keep all your options open. But I still respect people if they do decide to go through with such a surgery.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Nov 13, 2020 5:42 AM

Aug 2007
2shizukasensei88 said:
operationvalkyri said:

I made my account here when I was 12, so that makes me in my mid 20's right now lol. It is reversible but I assume it also comes with even more side effects.

Tharja said:
“You have to have x amount of children first, your husband must sign consent, you’re too young to make that decision, have a child and come back to see me”

Yeah, we also have such doctors / hospitals here, which is an unfortunate thing because it might discourage some women.

Murrin said:
The ironic reason I've been so unsure about it is, I am the type of person who is extremely hesitant to make permanent decisions of any kind. It's ironic because, obviously, having a kid (whether on purpose or on accident) is a permanent decision.

I agree, permanent decisions are indeed scary. People say that I may change my mind in the years to come, and they're not exactly wrong. However, right now I am firm on being childless, and if in case I do change my mind, I have the option to adopt.

I appreciate the responses, most of which are actually insightful rather than judgmental. :-) I'll make further research for now and perhaps I'll update this thread.

もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

To others I am unknown.

Nov 13, 2020 5:59 AM

Aug 2016
Poulain said:
2shizukasensei88 said:

I made my account here when I was 12, so that makes me in my mid 20's right now lol. It is reversible but I assume it also comes with even more side effects.

Tharja said:

Yeah, we also have such doctors / hospitals here, which is an unfortunate thing because it might discourage some women.

Murrin said:

I agree, permanent decisions are indeed scary. People say that I may change my mind in the years to come, and they're not exactly wrong. However, right now I am firm on being childless, and if in case I do change my mind, I have the option to adopt.

I appreciate the responses, most of which are actually insightful rather than judgmental. :-) I'll make further research for now and perhaps I'll update this thread.

Same, I made my account when I was 12 also, didn't expect you to make yours that young, I expected you to at least be 16+ or something, and that's how I got the 30/40 hypothesis, I also try to factor that you have access to a PC and Internet in 2007 in the Philippines, late 2000s were dark times lmao, so I assumed that you work or in college already at the point you made your account for some reason, I guess I'm just a peasant lower middle class lol
2静か先生88#7307
Nov 13, 2020 6:22 AM

Aug 2007
2shizukasensei88 said:
Same, I made my account when I was 12 also, didn't expect you to make yours that young, I expected you to at least be 16+ or something, and that's how I got the 30/40 hypothesis, I also try to factor that you have access to a PC and Internet in 2007 in the Philippines, late 2000s were dark times lmao, so I assumed that you work or in college already at the point you made your account for some reason, I guess I'm just a peasant lower middle class lol

I understand where you're coming from. Just to let you know though, there are computer classes already when I was in 4th grade (2005), at least where I studied, and there are internet cafes as well. But not many people has access to it like how it is today, so your assumption is totally understandable.

Now I feel old for some reason, but in a good, reminiscent way.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

To others I am unknown.

Nov 13, 2020 6:51 AM

Aug 2016
Poulain said:
2shizukasensei88 said:

I understand where you're coming from. Just to let you know though, there are computer classes already when I was in 4th grade (2005), at least where I studied, and there are internet cafes as well. But not many people has access to it like how it is today, so your assumption is totally understandable.

Now I feel old for some reason, but in a good, reminiscent way.

Hmm, interesting. Also started having Computer Classes at 4th Grade, mostly just the speed typing and computer parts. So I started having internet access at 2014, which I mostly watched so much YouTube cringe. I also feel old in a good reminiscent way, which is weird, because I'm practically still a child lol. Anyways don't make decisions so hasty, I know it's a cliche thing to say, because it's gonna be a bruh moment.
2静か先生88#7307
Nov 15, 2020 11:26 AM
Jul 2020
I dont get why would u even discuss that HAHAHAH
First of all, this surgery can be reversed, so theres no sense on only allowing ppl that already have kids to do it. Second, why do u care about what ppl do w their own bodies? Pls dont take this in a rude way, thats not what i mean, but really, at least the way u wrote it sounds very strange to me... If u think all unecessary surgeries r bad, aswell as all other non necessary medical intervention (and that includes taking the pill, that is HORRIBLE for womens bodies), then it makes sense to think doing this surgery is stupid. Other than that, its just like any other thing u do on ur body that is not natural and so, not really healthy, and unnecessary....
If u r married or in a serious relationship w someone and u wanna have sex without condom, but at the same time u dont wanna take the pill cuz thats horrible for ur body, and u r sure u dont wanna have kids, then whats the problem? It makes perfect sense for me why someone would do that
Nov 15, 2020 1:31 PM

Oct 2015
That reminds me that once a friend asked me why I have not gotten a tubal ligation yet (Since I say so many dark jokes about babies and kids) Lol I actually do want to have kids, I simply have not found the right partner yet.

As for people asking why to do that, the answer is simple: sex without a condom feels so much better, so if you have a partner you can trust (Regarding STDs) and who also doesn't want any kids and all, I don't see the issue with getting operated to spend a good time with them without any worry.
Nov 16, 2020 6:22 AM
Jul 2020
I really don't see why women have to go through such precautions in order to prevent a baby, lol.
Nov 16, 2020 7:54 AM

Aug 2007
rafacanto01 said:
First of all, this surgery can be reversed, so theres no sense on only allowing ppl that already have kids to do it.

The procedure was originally intended for (1) mothers who can't have additional pregnancies due to dangers it will bring to their bodies and (2) to prevent future children in order maintain the current size of a family due to socio-economic reasons and whatnot. Thus, medical people/organization, at least those that are not open-minded and/or are traditional, would think that it doesn't make sense for women to undergo surgery if she does not meet one of two conditions aforementioned. Also, the reversal is not as simple as you would think, because it is categorized as a major surgery and it has even more potential post-surgery side effects.

rafacanto01 said:
If u r married or in a serious relationship w someone and u wanna have sex without condom, but at the same time u dont wanna take the pill cuz thats horrible for ur body, and u r sure u dont wanna have kids, then whats the problem? It makes perfect sense for me why someone would do that

As stated, my dilemma is if the post-surgery pain is worth it. I just created to thread because I'm curious as to what other people think of the subject. Also to find out if others have been in a similar situation or has considered doing it too, because so far I have never met someone in real life who does.

もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

To others I am unknown.

Nov 16, 2020 11:24 AM
Jul 2020
Poulain said:
rafacanto01 said:
First of all, this surgery can be reversed, so theres no sense on only allowing ppl that already have kids to do it.

The procedure was originally intended for (1) mothers who can't have additional pregnancies due to dangers it will bring to their bodies and (2) to prevent future children in order maintain the current size of a family due to socio-economic reasons and whatnot. Thus, medical people/organization, at least those that are not open-minded and/or are traditional, would think that it doesn't make sense for women to undergo surgery if she does not meet one of two conditions aforementioned. Also, the reversal is not as simple as you would think, because it is categorized as a major surgery and it has even more potential post-surgery side effects.

rafacanto01 said:

As stated, my dilemma is if the post-surgery pain is worth it. I just created to thread because I'm curious as to what other people think of the subject. Also to find out if others have been in a similar situation or has considered doing it too, because so far I have never met someone in real life who does.

Oh sorry! I didnt see u were considering doing it!! I had only read the pool lmao
I think thats entirely ur choice. If u r 100% sure u dont want to have kids, go ahead! But i think its important to think a lot about it, cuz depending on ur age, the chance u could change ur mind in the future is not small. Also, I think is important to talk about the risks and the after effects on ur body with a doctor, not only search about it on the internet, u know?? But if u think its worth it, cuz u will never have to worry about getting pregnant again, i dont see any major problems!

And if u decide thats what want i hope everything goes well fine for u :))

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

20 by deg »»
19 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 11 hours ago

9 by tsukareru »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 5 hours ago

9 by Otakupervert890 »»
36 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

39 by ProGoddess »»
1 hour ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.