Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 9, 2020 4:26 PM
Jul 2016
Playcool said:
Marinate1016 said:
So we’re reaching the climax of this arc, Bell’s got to take down Dix and stop the Xenos from rampaging. This is a crossroads for Bell and Danmachi as a whole. Bell’s going to have to step up and be his own man here to save the day. Can’t wait to see how this turns out in anime form. Another decent ep from JC.

This is not the climax, it is far too early for that.
S3 is a sole arc, one story, the fun doesn't end anytime soon, you will reach a climax in like 2 episodes, but then it is not over, and there is still the grand finale to come., at the end.

The "very best" scenes have yet to show up.

About the episode itself, not much happened that I do feel like commenting, I m saving it for when that shit happens.
I have mixed feelings because for one, I like they are building things properly, but I also quite nervous, wanting to see them reaching what I hope we may get at the end of the next episode, if they do it well, I will cry for sure.

There is no question this arc is too good for something like JCStaff to handle, as a studio, they have been doing mostly trash these couple of years, it is a waste such an amazing arc on that, but they have the license to do it, so thus far, that is the only solution, and within this only way, we can have Danmachi Xenos arc animated, they are at least treating it with more care than anything I have seen recently from them, so I m happy that this at least is not a disappointment, but I still doubt they will perfectly capture the feels moving forward, and I do dare to dream how much better a studio with better connections, would have handled it.

It is quite fun to see people trying to project how this season is going to unfold, like this villain, yet missing by a large margin because this arc is all but predictable.
Sadly, fucking OP spoils too much.

>they have the license to do it

they were hired to produce it actually like any normal anime studio anyways it's not like JC Staff doesn't care about danmachi but it's also more on the higher ups since they are who decides on the number of episodes not the anime studio's choice and keep in mind that they were busy carrying railgun for the first half of the year since it wasn't having a decent schedule like previous seasons (Kadokawa's fault again).
Nov 10, 2020 2:09 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
todd2580 said:
Playcool said:

This is not the climax, it is far too early for that.
S3 is a sole arc, one story, the fun doesn't end anytime soon, you will reach a climax in like 2 episodes, but then it is not over, and there is still the grand finale to come., at the end.

The "very best" scenes have yet to show up.

About the episode itself, not much happened that I do feel like commenting, I m saving it for when that shit happens.
I have mixed feelings because for one, I like they are building things properly, but I also quite nervous, wanting to see them reaching what I hope we may get at the end of the next episode, if they do it well, I will cry for sure.

There is no question this arc is too good for something like JCStaff to handle, as a studio, they have been doing mostly trash these couple of years, it is a waste such an amazing arc on that, but they have the license to do it, so thus far, that is the only solution, and within this only way, we can have Danmachi Xenos arc animated, they are at least treating it with more care than anything I have seen recently from them, so I m happy that this at least is not a disappointment, but I still doubt they will perfectly capture the feels moving forward, and I do dare to dream how much better a studio with better connections, would have handled it.

It is quite fun to see people trying to project how this season is going to unfold, like this villain, yet missing by a large margin because this arc is all but predictable.
Sadly, fucking OP spoils too much.

they were hired to produce it actually like any normal anime studio anyways it's not like JC Staff doesn't care about danmachi but it's also more on the higher ups since they are who decides on the number of episodes not the anime studio's choice and keep in mind that they were busy carrying railgun for the first half of the year since it wasn't having a decent schedule like previous seasons (Kadokawa's fault again).

Anyone that has seen the studio stuff knows plenty well they have done nothing to distinguish themselves these past years.
They are at best average studios, with average connections, thus you cant expect the best from them.

They already were not great before making the mistake of being too greedy and accepting doing all these anime at the same time.

JCStaff lacks the quality of a studios that picks an adaptation and breathes life to it, give them ReZero for example, and the series would have never gotten as popular as it is.

Executing and directing a scene can break a quality source and bring it to the mud, or took a barely decent series and inject a lot of life into it.
It is the single most important key to an anime adaptation IMO, the reason why I came to enjoy Bloom Into You anime, more than the manga itself.

JCStaff lacks such finesse but is doing its very best job here, considering what I have seen from them in recent years.

BUT, one that knows the source material can see all those right spots where they could have changed such small elements, little details in how you chose to direct something, to truly invoke more dread and tension.

It is also NOT a smart idea, spoiling key elements of the freaking plot, since ep2 with the OP, it is too revealing. OP slight variations towards a season progressing exist, and even JCStaff done them before, with DAL III, to avoid some spoilers, and only enlight stuff, when it shows on the anime itself.
Nov 10, 2020 4:19 AM

Apr 2016
The bland and cheap animation really take away from enjoying this world-building and some of the more interesting characters.
Nov 10, 2020 6:05 AM
Jul 2016
Playcool said:
todd2580 said:

Anyone that has seen the studio stuff knows plenty well they have done nothing to distinguish themselves these past years.
They are at best average studios, with average connections, thus you cant expect the best from them.

They already were not great before making the mistake of being too greedy and accepting doing all these anime at the same time.

JCStaff lacks the quality of a studios that picks an adaptation and breathes life to it, give them ReZero for example, and the series would have never gotten as popular as it is.

Executing and directing a scene can break a quality source and bring it to the mud, or took a barely decent series and inject a lot of life into it.
It is the single most important key to an anime adaptation IMO, the reason why I came to enjoy Bloom Into You anime, more than the manga itself.

JCStaff lacks such finesse but is doing its very best job here, considering what I have seen from them in recent years.

BUT, one that knows the source material can see all those right spots where they could have changed such small elements, little details in how you chose to direct something, to truly invoke more dread and tension.

It is also NOT a smart idea, spoiling key elements of the freaking plot, since ep2 with the OP, it is too revealing. OP slight variations towards a season progressing exist, and even JCStaff done them before, with DAL III, to avoid some spoilers, and only enlight stuff, when it shows on the anime itself.

actually for the fans who didn't read the light novel i think they won't figure how this season will goes from the OP alone also you're talking like JC Staff are the only one who does this like other studios do that too but also depends more on the director itself.

>They already were not great before making the mistake of being too greedy and accepting doing all these anime at the same time.

and that wasn't their fault the anime industry is harsh place like anime studios barely does earn profit from the anime they produce so didn't you think that they actually might needed that money so they can still be active and pay for their animators also Pandemic making things worse just for record so don't set your expectations higher that much since the schedule is a little tight because of that despite the delay.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2020-06-09/how-much-longer-is-it-taking-to-make-anime-under-covid-19-mantan-web-investigates/.160412
todd2580Nov 10, 2020 6:27 AM
Nov 10, 2020 9:56 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
todd2580 said:

You look too sus there, you are defending them too much.
No, it was their fault, they can choose, you DONT see any other studios doing this for the most part, go watch the forums of Index III, One Man Punch S2 or DAL III, before speaking further on this please.
It was their choice, they choose quantity over quality, and it ended being a failure, 3 very dirty disappointing adaptations there.

And don't bring the Pandemic in, that is BS, this happened way before that, right around 2017-2018.

It is a Studios job to have proper management and they fucked it up during those times.

They were never an excellent studios to boot, even I, that am a huge fan of Toradora and Zero no Tsukaima, but also loved Hayate no Gotoku and Shakugan no Shana, can admit this, they were never at the level that Madhouse was previously, or Wit, or Mappa, or KyoAni.

Really, the only thing they always excelled was on Railgun, much due to that director.

JCStaff is doing a fine job with this adaptation, probably the most effort I have seen them doing in years, which pleases me since this is the least they should be doing with this arc.
But they will never be a company that I would associate with darker, more mature and complex storytelling.

Prove me wrong or drop it.
Nov 10, 2020 12:02 PM
Jul 2016
Playcool said:
todd2580 said:

No, it was their fault, they can choose, you DONT see any other studios doing this for the most part, go watch the forums of Index III, One Man Punch S2 or DAL III, before speaking further on this please.
It was their choice, they choose quantity over quality, and it ended being a failure, 3 very dirty disappointing adaptations there.

And don't bring the Pandemic in, that is BS, this happened way before that, right around 2017-2018.

It is a Studios job to have proper management and they fucked it up during those times.

They were never an excellent studios to boot, even I, that am a huge fan of Toradora and Zero no Tsukaima, but also loved Hayate no Gotoku and Shakugan no Shana, can admit this, they were never at the level that Madhouse was previously, or Wit, or Mappa, or KyoAni.

Really, the only thing they always excelled was on Railgun, much due to that director.

JCStaff is doing a fine job with this adaptation, probably the most effort I have seen them doing in years, which pleases me since this is the least they should be doing with this arc.
But they will never be a company that I would associate with darker, more mature and complex storytelling.

>you DONT see any other studios doing this for the most part

Toei and MAPPA and DEEN have word with you right there they did more than they can handle too.

Nov 11, 2020 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
An anime only fan guessing here...
If the opening credits are somewhat of a clue to what's going to happen then...
Ais will eventually choose to fight Bell because maybe he's trying to protect Weine who's probably a dragon (her features are somewhat consistent with one that has taken humanoid form) in the last episode of season 2 it's been teased that she has a hatred towards dragons.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 13, 2020 3:13 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
todd2580 said:
Playcool said:

Toei and MAPPA and DEEN have word with you right there they did more than they can handle too.

todd2580 said:
Playcool said:

Notice I never mentionated two of the studios you brought up.

And Mappa has done good stuff in the past too, Rage of Bahamut was very well handled with great animation too, if it wasn't for that ending...
Nov 14, 2020 7:13 AM
Jul 2016
Playcool said:
todd2580 said:

todd2580 said:

And Mappa has done good stuff in the past too, Rage of Bahamut was very well handled with great animation too, if it wasn't for that ending...

i know that you didn't mention them but still you acted like what happened with JC is not like happened with any other anime studio before which is funny. also MAPPA like any known studio did good stuff but that doesn't mean they'll always do that , any anime studio have their mistakes too that happens from some decisions that affect circumstances or factors.
todd2580Nov 14, 2020 7:20 AM
Nov 21, 2020 4:35 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
todd2580 said:
Playcool said:

i know that you didn't mention them but still you acted like what happened with JC is not like happened with any other anime studio before which is funny. also MAPPA like any known studio did good stuff but that doesn't mean they'll always do that , any anime studio have their mistakes too that happens from some decisions that affect circumstances or factors.

JCStaff did more mistakes than most, and in a shorter period of time, to DAL III, OPM S2 and Index III, between other shit that they worked on.

Thus they had way more impact in that short period of time than the garbage adaptations you mostly see, from many original materials, that themselves, are not great to start with.
Nov 26, 2020 11:05 AM

Dec 2010
Both Bell's body and mind being unable to act tells well enough what the difference between a Level 3 and Level 5, I really liked that moment.
Nov 28, 2020 3:44 PM

Jul 2016
Of course there had to be an intelligent Minotaur as well. Not that I'm complaining but I really hope he can live up to the hype and show us what the strongest Xenos is capable of.

Another decent episode. It was truly interesting to know more about Orario's origins with Daedalus's introduction. So he was Ouranos's "child" and ended up going crazy while trying to recreate an artificial labyrinth akin to the Dungeon, uh? And to make things worse, he also set a curse on his offspring so that they could continue with his legacy... Well, guess Ouranos's relevance in the whole storyline makes more sense now.
Jan 3, 2021 5:59 AM

May 2015
MOMONGA?! AINZ SAMA IS HERE! BLESS OUR LORD !!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 5, 2021 3:09 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was too heavy on the exposition for my liking
Jan 17, 2021 7:37 PM

Dec 2018
lets gooooooooooooo
push his shit in bell
Jan 28, 2021 10:36 PM

Aug 2017
PrimeX said:
I don't know how, I don't know exactly why, but Bell just fucking annoys the shit out of me. It's not like I disagree with what he's doing but there's just something about him that I can't stand. Lol

Yep. I've never liked him.

Bad guy gets to use mangekyou sharingan?

Bell is gonna get his butt kicked and someone will have to come bail him out as usual.
CarbonMDJan 28, 2021 10:42 PM
Jul 9, 2021 4:07 AM

May 2016
Hestia for the win who needs Ais whatever xD.

Jokes aside I'm really getting attached to the story of Xenos,and the thousand year of the Dandelous descendants gave the story a lot more depth than before. 5/5
Mar 14, 2022 4:57 PM

May 2008
It was a shame that the monsters wouldn't see Bell as a friend and allow him to join in their assault. But I suppose if he did join with the Xenos we wouldn't get all that Daedalus exposition.

I am a bit disappointed in this season, I was hoping to see more Bell/Hestius shipping now that they straightened out that whole loving a goddess thing in Bell's head
Apr 16, 2022 3:47 AM

May 2020
I guess this is the first we're having back-to-back decent episodes in an arc, though such a shame it took them this long reaching here.
Jun 29, 2022 9:18 AM

Jan 2020
Once again Lyd steals the scene. I wish he was the MC.

His name is Dix Peridix? God dammit, lmao. Well, as ridiculous as his name is, looks like he is going to be a pretty serious threat. Hopefully this will be a pretty decent battle. The little skirmishes with monsters have been okay, but it's been awhile since we've had a proper epic fight scene in this series.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 2, 2022 3:21 PM

Jan 2019
Despite his dumb tracksuit, Ikalos' "don't give a fuck" attitude has definitely grown on me.

While the episode was exposition heavy, I do find myself ingtrigued at how deep the dungeon goes, how/what created it, and how complex Daedelus' labyrinth is.

Aug 30, 2022 5:55 AM
May 2018
i dont know, this whole season was just different and this episode showed me again how bad this got for me.
Nov 10, 2022 12:32 PM

Apr 2013
So selling those monsters makes more money than defeating them? Even though everyone who owns such a speaking monsters would be expelled from society? Kind of a weird plot point.
Jan 13, 2023 3:53 AM

Dec 2012
Dat flashback.
Ikelos.
Gros has the spider fockers.
He dead.
lol at them getting Modaka's name wrong.
Lyd and co. fight back.
Ryu, Aisha, and Asfi.
Bell's identity is revealed.
Bell and Lyd run off.

Dix literally has the will of D.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 3, 2023 8:17 AM

Nov 2010
Too much intelligence can always make someone insane.
I wonder why he's wearing goggles to hide those eyes. I think they look cool!
Jul 14, 2023 10:00 PM
Nov 2022
Me encanto el lore de Dedalo y Ikaros, en fin, maldita sea espero que la chica se salve, porque si no me voy a enojar mucho.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

181 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

220 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

120 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

71 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

90 by amlg »»
Feb 1, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.