Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 8, 2020 11:08 AM
Apr 2016
Sequel 100% confirmed, 24episodes and the second cour start in January
Oct 8, 2020 11:12 AM
Jan 2018
Did they even say this was a remake or was it just speculation
Oct 8, 2020 11:19 AM

Feb 2020
This is just dumb, I'm in the camp that was excited for the remake because I don't feel like watching 60+ Episodes of the original and its sequels. Glad I saw this was a sequel before I watched Episode 2 at the very least
Oct 8, 2020 11:40 AM

Aug 2012
Ryukishi07 said:
SURPRISE! First timeers should go and stay go.

Meanwhile first timers who already watched 2 episodes:
Oct 8, 2020 11:43 AM
Jan 2020
So if I have not watched the original, should I not watch this yet? I watched the first episode already.
Oct 8, 2020 11:43 AM

Mar 2018
oh well, there goes a potential modern version of the anime. was the trolling worth it tho? ryu?
Oct 8, 2020 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
EveroBuster said:
So if I have not watched the original, should I not watch this yet? I watched the first episode already.

If you can watch the OG then watch it then come back to this, if you can't and won't watch the original then continue with this, it's a different direction with similar story
Oct 8, 2020 12:09 PM

Oct 2018
EveroBuster said:

I would watch S1 and S2 at the bare minimum. S3 and S4 are pretty much fillers.
Oct 8, 2020 12:12 PM

May 2012
Toshibe said:

Has that second cour been confirmed?
Then it's not a sequel but probably a slightly altered version of the original probably made to connect the WTC franchise better...
Oct 8, 2020 12:14 PM
Apr 2016
k11chi said:
Toshibe said:

Has that second cour been confirmed?
Then it's not a sequel but probably a slightly altered version of the original probably made to connect the WTC franchise better...

Yes.
This new sequel have 24 episodes, cour 2 (chapter 13 maybe) start in January
Sauce in spanish: https://somoskudasai.com/noticias/anime/el-nuevo-anime-de-higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-tendra-24-episodios/
Sauce 2:https://higurashianime.com/package.html?cat=vol01
Oct 8, 2020 2:07 PM
Feb 2020
this is going to be horrible ...
Oct 8, 2020 2:20 PM

Nov 2008
Mattinator95 said:

It was only ever advertised as simply Higurashi no Naku Koro ni until episode 2 hit us with the Gou so they deffo were trying to imply remakery if not outright stating it.
Oct 8, 2020 2:23 PM

Oct 2019
TG_Rising said:
so now i dont know if i can watch this 2nd episode or not , i haven't seen the original

I’d say go for the original and put this on hold until you’ve finished the 3 previous seasons.
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Oct 8, 2020 2:24 PM

Oct 2019
A-Joy said:
Ryukishi07 said:
SURPRISE! First timeers should go and stay go.

Joke’s on you, I only watched 1 episode before switching.
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Oct 8, 2020 2:34 PM
Jan 2013
Never seen the OG but I've heard about it. Is Higurashi like Steins:Gate, where the first half is SOL/"character development" and the 2nd half is where there's an actual story?
Oct 8, 2020 2:38 PM
Jul 2020

So, as a first timer what should I watch first? this anime took my interest cause everyone is kinda sus
Oct 8, 2020 2:49 PM
Jan 2019
Kougai said:
Never seen the OG but I've heard about it. Is Higurashi like Steins:Gate, where the first half is SOL/"character development" and the 2nd half is where there's an actual story?

It goes to hell quickly. Go for it now
Oct 8, 2020 2:52 PM
Jun 2016
SymphonyofPain said:

So, as a first timer what should I watch first? this anime took my interest cause everyone is kinda sus

go watch the original anime (and the sequel), then come back to this
Oct 8, 2020 3:07 PM
Jan 2013
rholeros said:
Kougai said:

Great, cause I couldn't stand the current characters and their SOL. Looking forward to shit going downhill fast. I don't plan on watching the OG though. I'll just stick with this and if anything watch an explanation vid of the OG seasons in the future.
Oct 8, 2020 3:10 PM
Sep 2012
A-Joy said:

I would recommend not to worry too much about this current adaptation even after watching episode 2 and putting it on hold for now, and by the time you get to these specific points in the original adaptation I'm sure you will have kinda forget due to how many episodes you actually need to go through for it to make sense. afterwards come back to this adaptation. As someone who watched all previous anime adaptations, this episode put a big smile on my face and I cant wait for the new things that are going to be happening. I watched the first two seasons about ten years ago and I've got nothing but fond memories of them ( though I kinda remember at some point feeling a bit forced to complete it, but the asnwers to everything were more than worth it). definitively one of the franchises meant to be watched at least once completely by anyone who enjoys a good story.
Oct 8, 2020 3:21 PM
Apr 2016
Damn... I really forgot most of the things from the previous seasons... I guess I still remember the most vital things, like
, but I don't remember so many more of them:

I really, really hope I won't be lost.
JanPriOct 8, 2020 3:26 PM
Oct 8, 2020 3:29 PM
Jul 2020
Cheeky how they added the Gou to the title after the second episode.
Looking forward to see what direction they go with this. Hyped, Higurashi is one of my most favorite anime.
Oct 8, 2020 3:29 PM

Dec 2016
Honestly I'm kinda mad, I didn't "bother" with previous version/prequels knowing that this will be reboot so I could watch other series... but now I will spend most of my leave to watch this entire series.

I just finally wanted to watch everything related to Isekai Quartet. :'(

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 8, 2020 4:04 PM

Dec 2011
lmao it was a sequel all along disguised as a remake to bait the fans and reveal a plot twist

gee i wonder at what other point in the franchise something like this happened hmmm it's almost like purposefully invoking our nostalgia and repeating a similar first-time-surprise hmmm
Oct 8, 2020 10:30 PM

Dec 2015
Kougai said:
rholeros said:

Great, cause I couldn't stand the current characters and their SOL. Looking forward to shit going downhill fast. I don't plan on watching the OG though. I'll just stick with this and if anything watch an explanation vid of the OG seasons in the future.

if you'll continue with this, don't watch an "explanation video" until this anime is finished completely, Higurashi is meant to be confusing at first to make you think and try to solve things, so don't spoil all the secrets for yourself by watching explanation videos an try to solve things on your own.
Oct 8, 2020 10:48 PM
Feb 2017
Mattinator95 said:

They never confirmed this is a remake. It's just fans speculation. The author is someone who love to troll their fans.
Oct 8, 2020 11:07 PM
Feb 2020
whoisrem said:
Mattinator95 said:

They never confirmed this is a remake. It's just fans speculation. The author is someone who love to troll their fans.

I think it's classified as both a remake and a continuation. The author talked about it as if it were a new series that can be watched on its own (which it probably can be) but he also said that there would be a lot of stuff for returning fans.
Oct 8, 2020 11:39 PM

Mar 2018
unlike some of the previous comments above, ryu (creator) did intentionally market this a a remake before the switch in episode 2 to lure newcomers, as well as original fans. telling people this is not a remake and that they should go watch the original ruins the whole point of that. it's a retelling in a sense. you can enjoy it as its own entry.
Oct 8, 2020 11:41 PM
Oct 2020
Ok I just came back after watching the old Higurashi first episode.
This new one is definitely a sequel. Because I found the old one explains so many things that are not explained on the new one. Like who is Mion, who is Rena, How they are together in school same grade with younger kids. Which those are my questions after watching the new one as newcomer. Ok the old one also explain why they play games, because it's their club activities.

The animation the new one is better, however as episode 1 goes, I enjoyed the old one a lot compared with the new one. The story telling is better, the joke is better, aside from the animation, a lot of things in old one is better. The new one seems to be made for fans that already know the story, hence the some are not explained things, and then focused more on the slice of life activities like they are made for nostalgic moments.
Oct 11, 2020 6:38 AM

May 2009
Thread Locked

Locking this to make sure we don't get more "is this a remake" threads.

Please use this thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1819162
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.