Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2020 10:21 AM

Oct 2009
What a beautiful and wholesome show that was... it was so relaxing and love every episode.

The ending is pretty cute and there's a sense of calm when watching this show and definitely one of my favorites of this year.
Oct 5, 2020 9:59 PM

Mar 2010
It was a chore to watch. RIP.
Oct 8, 2020 9:38 PM

Sep 2018
I didn't expect to enjoy this.. I thought I will get bored watching show about fishing.. It's very educational and chill anime! 7/10
Oct 11, 2020 4:18 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
What a cute end! I like how Hina ended up making little charms for everyone! I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out. I've wanted to learn how to fish for a long time, but my dad was like, "Naah". So I've been trying to learn from someone else, but I can't really get any bites ( Ho ho ho). I didn't know if I was just going to watch this with envy, with boredom, or something else-- I wasn't sure how fishing was going to be perceived by the group at all times. I was pleasantly surprised that not only did the anime manage to make me want to learn how to fish even more, but it was also really nice to see Hina grow into this hobby while the other girls still had their enthusiasm about fishing even if they expressed it relatively silently.

Actually, Yuuki ended up being a favorite. She doesn't fish as often as others perhaps, so it initially made you think, "Hmm does she like it less than others?" But actually, we can see that a lot of her joy when it comes to fishing comes from teaching others how to fish and maybe even seeing others happy with fishing. That's like a deeper level. Also, she was surprisingly more caring about her underclassman and such than she might first let on. She's more responsible than she seems.

My biggest gripe was actually Sayaka (advisor). When she was drunk and just... a mess, her character really didn't seem all that great. You just have this lady pretty much groping these kids and that's such an old, gross joke. It doesn't matter if you're male or female, like that's a no-go. However, they actually did kinda leave that alone and I felt like that made her so much more tolerable. It was annoying how she kept wanting to have beer which is what makes her less tolerable in the first place. That made me constantly think, "Please don't let her get drunk. She's going to ruin the episode". Thankfully, it usually felt like even Yuuki was sick of that, so thankfully it turned into a bit of a running gag of "NO BEER" instead of letting her have her way. When she rolled up with that chest of juice and alcohol, I thought it wasn't going to end well, but thankfully that went okay too. I guess the creators started to realize that the drunk female teacher/nurse molesting students gag isn't actually that funny. Interestingly enough, we had a character almost exactly like her in Bakuon, which is very much like Houkago Teibou Nisshi except we're dealing with slice of life motorcycle girls instead of slice of life fishing girls. I wonder if there's something about this niche that inspires the creation of drunk, HANDSY teachers who are club advisors for the anime's club of focus. At least in Bakuon is was used for blackmailing the teacher into becoming their advisor. Here it was more just... to show that this character is annoying and shouldn't have alcohol I guess? Still, they kinda left it alone, so I'll kinda leave it alone at this point too.

Overall, I had a good time with this anime! Perhaps the first episode or so didn't grab me too much, but soon after the beginning episodes, I was totally fine with it!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 12, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
I want more!!! It was so fun watching it, relaxing.
Oct 22, 2020 1:24 PM

Feb 2014
Even though I am not someone who have a special interest in fishing, this anime managed to be very enjoyable, funny and relaxing. I liked the light comedy scenes it had.

It was one of the few 'cute girls doing cute things' I didn´t get bored. Though a few times it wasnt very 'cute' like having to prepare the fish they caught xD

Anyway, very nice. Who knows any time in the future I don´t see them catching bigger fishes? ^.^

8/10
Oct 31, 2020 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
I like Yuuki's fox mode :)

Jan 1, 2021 9:54 AM

Sep 2018
An episode that underlines how important knowledge of many factors is in fishing. Narration that gives something unexpected in the second part, taking a little break from what concerns fishing to devote himself to sewing, giving us a bit of a very funny slice of life and the implications of the story that make us understand the dynamics of certain choices part of Hina and more. The script also this time reviving the situations narrated, makes the episode enjoyable and interesting, thanks also to the direction that until the end managed to pack a funny and never boring anime series, and make fishing something interesting. The anime has mostly supported itself thanks to the characters, to whom most of the appalusions go for the dirty work, and because despite being few, only four, they have always made watching all the episodes relaxing and enjoyable. The only drawback that can be attributed to this anime, is that it did not give space to the introspection of the characters, except for Hina and Natsumi who had a little bit of it. Excellent work on the technical and graphic side, with very beautiful and quality drawings, animations and backgrounds. Excellent soundtrack, very catchy, like the opening, and suitable for the narrative style of this anime. I hope a second season of this anime arrives soon. Episode that, like the previous ones, teaches us that we must never trust appearances and that is very reminiscent of the episode in which Hina goes to Natsumi's house, mothers are very similar to each other and to their children. It may make you smile what I will say, but I was not too surprised by the scene in which the character of Hina decides to enter the breakwater club and not the sewing club, because the latter is full of boys: if you think about it, it is already strange to see girls fishing, you will tell me that the reason is because a manga in which the protagonists are males would not attract the public, but in hindsight in today's society, women occupy positions or perform tasks that are no longer the prerogative men or women who have typically masculine tastes, more virile and less delicate. This anime, I don't know if knowingly or if it's something I only believe in, has also hit this aspect.

8/10 for me.
Jan 26, 2021 9:11 AM

Jan 2020
Yeah, I'm gonna have to say goated.
Jan 29, 2021 12:44 AM

Jul 2015
After a lot of whining, underestimating things and effort, it's great to see Hina's journey to become better at fishing after discovering a new passion from it. Pretty chill slice of life with some interesting information on fishing I didn't knew before. Really reminded me of Barakamon and Yuru camp in a way.

Feb 25, 2021 2:11 PM

Feb 2020
What a sweet ending.

This anime was very funny, adorable, relaxing, and also educational.

SerafosDec 18, 2023 11:14 AM
Jun 18, 2021 3:37 PM

Jun 2019
My 111th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Aug 13, 2021 6:06 AM

Nov 2013
That was pretty good kinda repetetive. I don't care about the fishing but the girls are cute, so it doesn't matter what are they doing.
I'm kinda dissapointed by the lack of Sayaka's presence. I like her but she appeared too late and kept disappearing from the show. I really wanted more of her.
GvendolineAug 13, 2021 6:16 AM
Dec 27, 2021 5:16 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a great final episode, Hina got to use her newly learned skills on using artificial bait to catch Whiting, and when it didn’t work at first she adjusted her technique again which ended up working very well, I really liked the mini arc she went through here. The 2nd half of the episode Hina cute fish crafts for the club members and we also got to flash back to when Natsumi hung out at Hina’s house and made their own crafts of fish, very cute, always loved their moments together in this show. And lmao so the handicrafts club was full of guys, they seemed to be having a good time, but I can understand Hina being reluctant lol. The end credits was a little fanservicey this time but I’ve always been wondering when we’d see them in swimsuits lol, if only it wasn’t just in their imagination.

But yeah, as I thought, this being an SoL the final episode didn’t really feel like a final episode, just felt like another episode of fishing with the gals, and I really enjoyed it. This entire show was such a relaxing and fun time, just like real fishing is to me, I even learned a lot of stuff I didn’t know, those are the best kinds of SoL imo. I really loved the Breakwater Club members and I’m gonna miss seeing them catch different kinds of fish and just having a good time, idk what the chances of a Season 2 are but I would love to see one. This is definitely a Doga Kobo favorite of mine now, I definitely regret not watching this when it aired last year.
Feb 15, 2022 2:32 PM

Aug 2018
Didn't feel like cute girls doing cute things show.. More like creepy things.. As well as some girls weren't cute, like the president or teacher.. I'm just not a fan of fishing to start with, so not too interested in topic.. But also lots of things which were eh for me personally.. Like president at the same time blackmailing Hina, but also not too enthusiastic about fishing lots of time herself?.. Lots of Hina bullying overall in this anime.. Also teacher is drunkard.. I don't like that some adults are portrayed like that, I don't really like this as humor.. But it's personal taste, of course.. Sometimes I can ignore all these things, if anime is enjoyable otherwise.. But it really felt like these things were majority of the time, when we had actual some slice of life.. At least Hina and Natsumi had their moments and stuff, as well as Makoto had some potential.. But overall anime was not to my taste, I feel..
Apr 12, 2022 3:06 PM

Jan 2020
Overall that was a fun ride. I just came off of finishing Slow Loop yesterday, so I jumped right into this. I'd say this felt a little more realistic and the humor was more crass, which is more up my alley. I found myself liking it more than I sort of thought I would initially, so it was a nice surprise.

It was cool to see they circled back around and brought crafts back into the fold, even going so far as to do a twist with the crafting club. Those little plush Hina makes are rather cute.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it. Onto the next thing.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 10, 2022 7:12 AM

Jul 2021
I think it could've been better if they were to explore more depth about the sceneries or locations to the fishes just like the implication from Yuru Camp but nonetheless a fair ending. 5/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 16, 2022 5:35 PM

Aug 2019
I need a second season of this show! It was so good! So cozy and wholesome while also giving just great messages/PSA's for fishing, and preserving wildlife and the ocean! Not only that but this show has definitely convinced me to go fishing whenever I get the opportunity. I would love to give it a shot! This is definitely going onto my favorites list! :D
Dec 24, 2022 12:28 AM

Apr 2019
keep the oceans clean, Handicrafts club is full of boys XD, Hina finally caught a whiting
Jan 13, 2023 10:26 AM

May 2022
This has been an unexpected treasure of an anime. I learned all about fishing, and a little bit about arts & crafts. I've never done much saltwater fishing, thinking you needed a boat to really do that. But the Breakwater Club has taught me that there is a lot you can do right from the shore.

The DVD for this went on sale for a really good price, so I bought the BluRay. I'm looking forward to watching it again, and sharing it with the kids in my family.
Nov 28, 2023 5:35 PM

Dec 2022
Manly handicrafts club would surprise me too, lol.

Didn't expect this to be all that interesting, but this anime ended up being very amusing, and I was actually paying attention to all the fishing tips and information. It has to be doing something right for that to be the case, so got to give this anime credit.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2020

92 by HibiChika »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

38 by HanamiDango »»
Dec 3, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 11 Discussion

snowykevin - Sep 14, 2020

36 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:54 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 9 Discussion

Aversa - Sep 1, 2020

42 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

53 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.