Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 23, 2020 10:14 PM
Apr 2019
Originally, I saw it with a rating of 8.76, then 8.50 until it goes down to 8.45. Did something go wrong? I watched the first 3 episodes of S2 and I didn't see any problems with the plot. This is just my low-level opinion, but I want to hear what you guys have in mind. Thanks
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 23, 2020 10:18 PM

May 2013
Low level answer : Because it's not turning out to be good according to (non) fans.

I really don't know why the rating should bother anybody for that matter. Relax and enjoy the show if you find no problems with it.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jul 23, 2020 10:24 PM

Jan 2020
Most anime start out with a high score since it's the avid fans of the series who rate very early on and give it high scores of 9 and 10 right of the bat.

But as more episodes roll in, the casual watchers too start giving out ratings which are typically lower, hence usually bringing down the scores.

(Also, it could be the fact that people aren't liking it, but I think my above reasoning makes more sense)
Jul 23, 2020 10:42 PM

Jan 2019
Many people that are watching the show at this moment don't even give marks now and wait for the season to end for a conclusion (like myself)....others didn't even began the show and wait for it to end so they can binge it....people that rate it now probably even rated it after the first episode was out and this makes 0 sense but as Kreator said lets relax and enjoy the show....this rating fiesta changing from a day to another/episode to another is becoming cringe...not to mention that many ratings on this site are irrelevant and some shows have a lower score than they deserve or vice versa so yeah.
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jul 23, 2020 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
I think part of the reason is because, and I'm not trying to stir up anything here, but I think it's because in these past 3 episodes nothing crazy has happened.

Re: Zero's main hook has always been the big dramatic scenes of Subaru dying horribly. I mean it's in the plot synopsis. The 1st episode of season 1 introduced this very early on. For a casual viewer with an average attention span, t's hard not to get hooked in this fashion.

However, season 2 seems to be focusing more on building up to that gore, rather than just shoving it in the very 1st scene of season 1.

But that's just my theory.
Jul 23, 2020 10:57 PM
Jun 2020
I wouldn't worry too much about this show's rating decreasing because the plot is just getting started and the meat of it is starting to come now. In fact, if you look at episode 3 statistics compared to ep 1 and ep 2, the likability factor for an episode has already increased which can be considered as a good sign for what is to come. Also having read the WN and LN of the series, it is possible that the series rating will start to gradually increase as each episode gets animated because the true beauty of arc 4 is that it is a slow satisfying burn that will get you, even more, hyped up as the plot progresses. The hype ball has already started with Echidna's introduction and IMO it will continue to grow as season 2 progresses. Also by knowing the context of next week's episode, I wouldn't be surprised if the series starts getting more attention and praise once the emotional scenes of that particular episode get animated. So in sense, my advice would be to just be patient and enjoy the series. The fun has only just begun.
Nafis_SyedJul 23, 2020 11:02 PM
Jul 23, 2020 11:11 PM
Jun 2020
the rating gets lower because sword art online fans hating on this series i gave sao a 1/10 cuz i hate sao and love re zero so easy is it
Jul 23, 2020 11:18 PM
Jul 2015
No worries! If the rest episodes are same level of quality like the last 2 episodes, the anime rating will be pretty damn high at the end.Just hope it will not get terrible treatment like episode 1.

Jul 24, 2020 5:29 AM

May 2019
Because 8.7 was overrated.

Not everyone like the storytelling, the direction (some are saying it is rushed), there are complains about the art being less detailed. There is no Rem too.

All that means that "not everyone is scoring the series a BIG FAT 10/10", and for the Dog's sake, for an entry to reaches near 9.00, everyone in mass have to give it 10/10 without to think.

And in MAL foruns, among active users, you just see people who argue to avoid giving 10/10 to any series.

By the way, i'm sure that this is classic case of "second series with more fans and less newcomers or curious viewers being rated higher than the 1st season"

28k users from 100k watching it already rated, and it means the score will more stable from now on. I think in the end it will be rated around 8.5, while the 1st season was 8.3
Jul 24, 2020 7:03 AM
Feb 2020
because we re still at the setup stage of the season, arc 4 s not as quick to setup as the 2nd half of season 1 so it can definitely rub a few people the wrong way, but i believe once the story s done with this intro it ll quickly start improving in people s eyes.
North25Jul 24, 2020 7:14 AM
Jul 24, 2020 8:21 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Characters and Character interactions of this show is too much cheese and too basic for my liking. I don't even know why I rated the first season an 8, considering how unbearable I am finding these characters this season, especially Subaru, Rem, and Emilia. Maybe my taste has shifted towards SoL more, who knows.

Hopefully, it gets better from here on out.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 24, 2020 8:24 AM
Jun 2020
Because people are realizing that it's not as good as they once thought.

Maybe you should too, OP.
Jul 24, 2020 8:27 AM

Dec 2018
Ratings vary a lot while an anime is airing, and a lot of people haven’t added their score yet. Ratings don’t really matter anyway in the grand scheme of things.
Jul 24, 2020 8:48 AM
Feb 2020
wape said:
Because people are realizing that it's not as good as they once thought.

Maybe you should too, OP.

we re still at setup town, people are jumping the gun and the score was influenced by how hyped people were in episode 1.
Jul 24, 2020 9:53 AM
Apr 2018
Dormantstate25 said:
Originally, I saw it with a rating of 8.76, then 8.50 until it goes down to 8.45. Did something go wrong? I watched the first 3 episodes of S2 and I didn't see any problems with the plot. This is just my low-level opinion, but I want to hear what you guys have in mind. Thanks
Its because Rem fans are now finding out, that Rem will not appear as much has season 1
Jul 24, 2020 10:20 AM

Nov 2016
Because more people are voting outside of the fanbois who added 10s after ep 1
Jul 24, 2020 10:20 AM
Aug 2018
Rating around 8.5 is pretty good enough.

And these episodes are pretty much just a build-up for this whole Arc.
Jul 24, 2020 11:36 AM
Apr 2016
the rating is already way too high. It deserves a 6 maximum. It will certainly decrease as people finish the series and genuinely understand this season isn t good.
Jul 24, 2020 11:48 AM

Jun 2020
Franck_Nicolas said:
the rating is already way too high. It deserves a 6 maximum. It will certainly decrease as people finish the series and genuinely understand this season isn t good.

There were 3 episodes so far which are a set up for the longest arc of the series that is said to be the best one out there... so your conclusion is premature and probably false. If it adapts arc 4 well it will probably go up, not down.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Jul 24, 2020 11:59 AM
Jul 2017
Franck_Nicolas said:

Read the light novel/web novel version of Re:Zero season 2, which is Arc 4, then you'll change your mind on how people will rate this season.
Jul 24, 2020 12:51 PM

May 2019
"It deserves a 6 maximum"

Let me check the scores concerning this:

Not listening and ignoring the troll, the Movie - Rated 9.1/10

nah, my taste is too trash to be ok with this.

That time i actually tried to argue with the user, Season 1 - Rated 2.3/10

too low! no way will start with this series!

Teasing in another topic, with my Smartphone - 6.39

That's my kind of show!
Jul 24, 2020 1:56 PM
Apr 2016
i ll still give it a shot but there s a huge dip in animation quality and the characters feel pretty dumb and generic compared to the previous season. Also, it s too much harem oriented now.
Jul 24, 2020 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
It's been pretty boring so far, and Garfield (yes, I know I wrote it wrong) is just annoying.
Jul 24, 2020 2:22 PM

Sep 2017
It wasn't as good as I thought it would
خ
Jul 24, 2020 2:32 PM
Feb 2019
So far this 2nd season feels kinda slow so IMHO it deserves a 8 (or less...) at this point, the 1st 3 episodes in the 1st season were better because at that time this anime was new and had some sort of "mystery" behind it and dying and returning to the previous point was something new, I haven't seen that before in animes (as far as I know) so I liked the beginning of the 1st season more than this 2nd season.

This doesn't mean that the 2nd season is bad, it's simply building up for now, once the buildup happens then it needs to deliver and this is the point where the rating has to go up because if it doesn't then the buildup failed in this season.

I'll keep a positive mind on this 2nd season, hopefully it won't let me down.
Resus-2Jul 24, 2020 2:37 PM
Jul 24, 2020 2:49 PM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Scores are volatile at the beginning, but in this instance, I'd say it's more to do with how stats were frozen for several days before suddenly re-updating (idk why). I noticed it with Deca-Dence, where it was 7.37 for a week after ep. 2 aired then fell to 7.08 in an instant, which is not normal.

It's happened in two instances this month.
Jul 24, 2020 8:04 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
LET ME JUST SAY THIS.
The score for a series that was originally supposed to be 25 ep per season get broken down into 2 cours...
Normally, we give anime with 23~25 ep ONE score. But now, we're have two seperate score...This is weird...
It started with Kizumonogatari. And now you see the trend apply to TV series like sao, rezero, etcs. We'll probably have to take the average of both part 1 and 2 to know the exact score of season 2. e.e
Jul 24, 2020 8:15 PM

Jun 2019
Because it has pretty much been all set up so far and many (like myself) are not very onboard with it yet. TBH, I’m surprised so many have given it a 10 so far given the snoozers we got in the past 2 episodes.

Hopefully it’s gonna pick up now that Subaru is “back” in his old world, but then again, I thought it was gonna pick up last episode so who knows.
Jul 24, 2020 11:49 PM

Mar 2018
Thread Locked for breaking Rule 2 of Anime Discussion:

2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. picture collecting
b. random "xx vs. yy" (e.g. random anime/manga/character xx vs. random anime/manga/character yy)
c. gossiping about individuals (e.g. youtubers, channels/videos, MAL members, other sites' users, etc.)
d. personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts; these topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea, and should be posted using blog feature instead

Threads about ranking and/or scores just encourage flame wars between people who like the show and people who dislike it. They don't promote any kind of actual discussion.
You can use the Most Overrated/Underrated thread to talk about it.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

505 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.