Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 15, 2020 11:52 AM

Apr 2011
Raymond_Bermea said:
Man, airheaded lamias. First, Miia, and now Sapphee. Sapphee is an airheaded lamia nurse that is Dr. Glenn's assistant. The centaur girl was struggling with her battles at the arena lately.

How the hell is Saphee airhead? Glen is and Saphee is one who have to take care of all thinking unrelated to medicine, cause of that.
Jul 16, 2020 9:02 AM

Apr 2020
From the 1st episode I didn't get the impression that it is an amine giving you service. The problem of Miss Centaur turned out to be her hoofs, which makes me feel that this amine is to illustrate the physiological state of the demons……

Jul 16, 2020 11:17 AM

May 2018
It was horribly animated, but who cares I love monster girls
Jul 16, 2020 5:32 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Great first ep. There's monstergirls so count me in.
Jul 16, 2020 8:05 PM

Dec 2018
this is just monster musume but bad and ugly. DROPPPP

(also, wtf are those cluttered character designs?)
Jul 17, 2020 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
average anime, how was that lizard person unchecked? clearly it was wrong
is it known that lamia's are able to handle alcohol well? seemed like the doctor was worried or that saphee took it well
to me it seemed like they could've cut some parts like saphee thanking the doc after exiting the carriage. A simple smile would've sufficed given how long they've known each other
Jul 17, 2020 3:20 PM

Oct 2018
It's unfortunate that Arvo decided to focus on the LN for artstyle, I think the art in the manga looks far better and stands out as more unique. The CGI is borderline bad, and whereas the manga has a nice balance of story/doctoring and ecchi, this episode was just dominated by ecchi. One episode per patient seems pretty fast-paced, but I suppose two episodes might be too much. Not really counting on the show improving much, but I'd be surprised if it gets any worse.
Jul 17, 2020 3:24 PM

Oct 2018
Yuukecchi said:
is it known that lamia's are able to handle alcohol well? seemed like the doctor was worried or that saphee took it well
to me it seemed like they could've cut some parts like saphee thanking the doc after exiting the carriage. A simple smile would've sufficed given how long they've known each other

It seems like a lot of scenes that could better help the flow of the episode are absent and many that just seem awkward are present. I guess that's the studio's heavy-handed way to develop Glenn's and Saphee's relationship for the viewer.

Resistance to intoxication improves when one has a larger body owing to having more blood to dilute the alcohol, so a Lamia with 2-3x the blood of your average human circulating throughout its body and tail would probably be pretty resistant to alcohol.
Jul 17, 2020 10:11 PM

Feb 2014
Frosum said:
Yuukecchi said:

It seems like a lot of scenes that could better help the flow of the episode are absent and many that just seem awkward are present. I guess that's the studio's heavy-handed way to develop Glenn's and Saphee's relationship for the viewer.

Resistance to intoxication improves when one has a larger body owing to having more blood to dilute the alcohol, so a Lamia with 2-3x the blood of your average human circulating throughout its body and tail would probably be pretty resistant to alcohol.

Yeah i guess that makes sense. I just prefer subtle vs telling. Oh I forgot about that alcohol reason, thanks for telling me!
Jul 18, 2020 3:14 PM

Nov 2012
Richbitch had a cute tail
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Jul 18, 2020 4:40 PM
May 2019
Hentai for Bestiality fans.......but funny though.
Jul 19, 2020 6:53 AM

Feb 2018
What the hell does this begin with a sigh and an oppai groping? At least Sensei isn't a pervert, lol. conducting checks for adventurers is indeed difficult.
Aug 3, 2020 11:09 PM

Mar 2014
There's not a lot of shows airing this season that I want to watch so I gave this one a shot.

It's a bit too ecchi at times but I do appreciate that the MC has a more rational scientific view as a doctor

Also Sapphee is gorgeous
Aug 14, 2020 8:01 PM

Oct 2016
As a fellow medical practitioner, I think dr. Glenn is so dedicated and professional. It's fun to watch medical procedures in the fantasy world with monsters.

Also it's quite obvious that Sapphe has a strong feelings towards the doctor, going as far as interrupting the doctor's examination to prevent further... inappropriate advances from the patients.

About how dr. Glenn solved the horseshoe problem, it brought me to tears. It's just like a real case for a doctor in the real world, requiring the doctor to think about the patient's problems as a whole.

I very much enjoy this show. Can't wait to see more episodes.
Sep 28, 2020 6:53 AM
Feb 2016
Well thats enough for me
Dec 30, 2020 12:00 PM
Sep 2016
Show has potential judging by its first episode.
Attention to detail cannot be ignored. The centaur lance holder was well thought out and the horse behavior was on point. Those that never interacted with horses won't know.
Also monstergirl genre is criminally underused, finally it receives some love.
Feb 3, 2021 5:54 AM

Jul 2015
After doing a quick search, I can't believe this isn't done by the author Okayadon of the other Monster musume considering the many similiarities. At least they support each others work instead of a lawsuit.

20:43 I think I'm going to like Sapphee a lot seeing this scene.

Mar 7, 2021 7:43 AM

Sep 2012
is this reboot of this?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30307/Monster_Musume_no_Iru_Nichijou?q=Monster%20Musume&cat=anime

or its a ver that fallows manga more closely then the oter1

i wish squeal to the other1 though that was good, have no seen this1
May 1, 2021 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
Another Monster Musume anime and since I loved the other one, I thought why not give this a shot. This time we are in a medieval fantasy setting instead of the modern world, but once again we have a lamia at the MC's side. Animation and art is kinda wonky, but I don't really mind it all that much in a show like this. First episode was quite enjoyable.
Jul 26, 2021 12:03 AM

Jun 2021
Touching the breasts of Minotaur wife looks so lewd.Centaur and snake girl are rivals now...This anime available in youtube..
Feb 10, 2022 5:51 PM
Aug 2017
Well, this was truly a disappointment. The thing that killed it the most was the horrible animation and so-so art, maybe it's even worse as someone studying animation and game design. It's so damn cheap, no thought to any animation principles and it's badly done, they just slap some parts onto the characters where you can literally see that they don't belong together and usually upper bodies movie while lower parts are completely static. Seems that they only ever really make one part move, they don't even add things to make it slightly more lifelike like blinking or moving slightly, instead panning and bobbing images up and down is abused to pretend any animation is going on. They abuse graphically weak and cheap looking 3d animations to show some easy movement animations, which they even flop at times like what has been mentioned many times already, just how rushed were they if they didn't even fix this? I thought I would faint when I saw her upper body move stiffly and her snake lower part didn't move even a little, everything is incredibly unnatural about their so-called animation. Looks worse than what a newbie could do with the right tutorials and some measure of effort. don't even get me started on things like the fairies or the hilarious plastic looking tail swinging around like the backend of a toy horse, even loops don't seamlessly repeat and has no variations. Urgh.

There are even breaks in the line art and so many possibly easy fixes which make me believe they haven't even spent the effort to double check everything... Also, how hard is it to make some easy eye animations? They stay unblinking for so many seconds, then they zoom in on the eyes to maybe make some slight eye animations. Sometimes they start blinking all of a sudden at a fast frequency and then they stay without blinking for a dozen or more seconds as if they're dead. Just remove the highlight in their eyes and they would look like standing corpses. No surprise people are saying it feels like it has no energy or soul to it.

This thing kinda lives on the monster girls, failing the art and animations so completely means they've ruined a lot of what makes this thing pretty good, but there are other bad parts as well which further ruins the original story. I hope the author got paid really well with how they mutilated his work with cheap solutions and quick workarounds that really gave no thought to quality in any way.

I don't feel like I'm even harsh enough here. Maybe there's an inside story to it. Maybe they had no real budget, maybe they were really pressed for time, maybe a few animators died mysteriously on the way to work and they had to hire whoever just to push it out, but if they couldn't even do a half decent work, they shouldn't have even tried in the first place. Hell, not even VA is good.

I mean, anime is notorious for fairly cheap animations with lots of workarounds to reduce work needed. The issue here is that the good animations in anime have a lot of small tricks and cleverly make it easy to forget and hard to notice that it's unnatural, they hide the low amount of frames and actual animation in smart ways, making it fun to watch even if it's actually really low quality animations. That's pretty amazing in its own way, like taking cheating to the level of an art and it allows them to meet the often harsh deadlines, animating an amazing amount of minutes in such a short time. But this is just blatantly bad and they have no intention to hide or make up for the shortcomings in any way. Like a student just wanting to somehow pass while spending a 10th of the time and effort they're supposed to spend according to the schedule.

I should be paid to watch this. not the other way around.
Sep 24, 2022 10:52 AM

May 2021
Can't wait to watch the next episode !!!! Very excited!!
Apr 28, 2023 2:47 PM
Feb 2019
seriously quite disappointed this opening episode
May 27, 2023 10:00 PM

Dec 2022
I notice one of the tags is "Romance." I wonder who Glenn will romance? Although Sapphee may be the most obvious option, it probably won't be her. After all, she DID mention that she and Glenn are childhood friends, and when was the last time the childhood friend won the guy?
Jan 17, 11:42 AM

Jun 2017
what a show !! Right to bare oppai massage
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oishasan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2020

68 by bakakisima »»
Jan 19, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oishasan Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2020

31 by bakakisima »»
Jan 19, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oisha-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 9, 2020

51 by bakakisima »»
Jan 18, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Monster Musume no Oisha-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 2, 2020

56 by bakakisima »»
Jan 18, 10:56 AM

» Season 2

YoukaiKouhai - Sep 27, 2020

16 by falko92 »»
Nov 7, 2023 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.