Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2020 10:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
FMmatron said:
The spectacular ballon segment allowed me to overlook the lukewarm phone one.

When this season was good then it was great, unfortunately only during the comedy segements. The drama? Boy was it juvenile and ridiculous in an unpleasant way. Mildly cute at best and salvaged by talented staff. So yeah, for that I gotta deduct some points after all.
I think exactly the same.
Jun 27, 2020 10:06 AM

Feb 2017
Amazing! I am happy they finished on the funny note. The season really improved upon everything. Can't wait for season 3!
Jun 27, 2020 10:08 AM
Jan 2020
Hands down my most favorite anime of Winter & Spring 2020! I'll miss waiting for a new Kaguya episode on Saturday every week. After all the success that the anime adaptation has received, they really need to adapt S3. I wanna rate S2 10/10 but 9/10 for now because I know S3 will blow my mind! Really looking forward to the amazing arcs ahead getting animated. Thank you Aka-sensei and all the A-1 Studio staffs for all the wholesome fun (and emotional moments like Ishigami arc) I had throughout this season! Every episode was beautifully adapted with amazing VAs, animation, directing, OST, story, comedic skit and so on. The show never failed to make me going to sleep on Saturday night with a broad smile xD
Jun 27, 2020 10:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
OugiRevolution said:
Ashhk said:
Haha that end of episode was hilarious xD RIP Kaguya's old phone though.
I hope for a third season, this one was still good and some episodes were absolutely awesome but I think I prefered the first season, they need to remove the seinen tag for the second season, it's clearly shounen xD

For some reason I preferred the first season as well, but overall the second season was still really good in my eyes.
Probably because the second season feels different, they added a "plot" and it's more characters development than mind games.
Jun 27, 2020 10:12 AM

Aug 2017
these last few episodes were dope.
hope we hear about s3 news soon.
Jun 27, 2020 10:14 AM

May 2018
Easily 10/10 from me. So much fun watching this. Season 3 when?
Jun 27, 2020 10:15 AM
Jun 2020
Man, this season finale was so beautiful.
In the end, I looked to Kaguya and had the impression: "Look, it's Ice Kaguya. Maybe this could be one tip for another season??"

Great episode!
Jun 27, 2020 10:16 AM

Dec 2012
even to the end they still want to end it with a comedy rather than the opposite lol..kaguya sama being kaguya sama..
maki,,hope to see you in s3,,please A-1 let it happen..
Jun 27, 2020 10:20 AM
Feb 2020
And so goes Season 2. I loved every bit of it, more than Season 1.

I look forward to Season 3 and more of their antics. But for the meantime, its a never ending re-watch.
Jun 27, 2020 10:25 AM

May 2013
This made me laugh so hard, The Balloon is really scary I would shit my pants if it was that big already and I had to pump it.

Overall I think this anime is a masterpiece all the episodes entertained me and made me laugh so hard 10/10 hopefully there's a S3.
Jun 27, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2007

Great ending to a fantastic season. Season three will just go over the charts because we manga readers know what lies ahead. I will be hoping to hear about an announcement soon as this has been a stellar experience in a long time!

That being said!

Best Couple (to be): Shinomiya Kaguya and Shirogane Miyuki
Best Character: Shirogane Miyuki
Cutest Character: Iino Miko
Best Character Development: Ishigami Yuu
Best Ship: Iino Miko X Ishigami Yuu
Best Dark Horse: Hayasaka Ai
The Most Fun Character: Fujiwara Chika
Best Introduction: Shijo Maki (Manga readers would know!)

This anime literally has everything you would want in an anime to give it a 10/10.

A masterpiece of a season comes to an end. Fingers crossed for a third season! Better check out the manga, guys! It's really worth it.

KANLen09 said:
The surprise chapters adapted, revealed! Chapters 91, 100 & 101

Not when everyone including me has been telling it for more than three months now.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 27, 2020 10:30 AM

Nov 2015
This was a good ending to a spectacular season. Hopefully gets a season 3 *fingerscrossed*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2020 10:36 AM

Mar 2016
good ending! i enjoyed this season a lot, but had some low points. the high was ishigami arc <3

story-wise i didn't enjoy as much unfortunately

8/10 looking forward to the next season!

Jun 27, 2020 10:38 AM
Sep 2017
Hayasaka has it good.
Very nice!
Jun 27, 2020 10:39 AM
Dec 2015
Today’s battle result:
No one lost
Great ending
10/10
Best romcom 2020
Jun 27, 2020 10:39 AM

Feb 2020
I knew they were gonna adapt the balloon chapter, I knew it. Great adaptation, as always. And the ending was perfect, we get to see all the characters, even the Mass Media girls and Maki. The picture showed the last few secs made this an absolute 11/10. I guess we'll wait for the SS3 announcement from A-1 now lmao.

Continue?

☆ (YES)

NO

Jun 27, 2020 10:40 AM
Mar 2015
After Kaguya got her memories back the season went out with a bang
Jun 27, 2020 10:44 AM

Feb 2018
Fucking masterpiece, Kaguya anime staff breaking the levels of creativity with that last scene.

Let's hope they announce Season 3 soon!
Jun 27, 2020 10:44 AM
Dec 2015
Can someone tell me the song on the part of daddy and kid shirogane
Jun 27, 2020 10:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Though her days are tough ones Kaguya's joining the council sure has managed to open her eyes to the many aspects of life that are present within both the school and in friendship. The photo session was so fun with Miko's expressions being the cutest. Though the scene showing Kaguya's despair at losing her cherished photo's sure was sad. Kaguya's despair self though sure was unnerving. Seeing the prez and the team try and help though via the creation of the group chat and shared album sure was nice and did well to enable her to regain herself. The balloon game sure proved to be an excellent way to end the season with the ending visuals also complementing the game's ending nicely. Overall an excellent finale and season that did well to expand upon the core cast while also introducing excellent new talent such as Miko. Looking forward to seeing a new season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2020 10:48 AM
Jun 2020
I really enjoyed this ending and I am really hoping for a season 3.
But I have one question :

5/5 for the episode and 9/10 as a whole.
Jun 27, 2020 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
that final balloon game was hilarious way to go out on. while the episode was not as spectacular as last season’s final, but they did go out with a bang......literally
Jun 27, 2020 10:50 AM
Apr 2019
Pajdo11 said:
well gone miss this series, but honestly am a bit disappointed by this season the story felt abit drag out from the main plot -which is love is war and confessing love- also i didn't see many mentally games between kaguya and shirogane- which was the focus in season 1.
and there were some parts in some episodes that felt drag out and didn't serve the plot or even character development in any thing and some characters like hayasaka and lino -who introduced this season- didn't get screen time to shine this season,
i rate season 1 10/10 and i hate to lower my score to this series that i love so much but i will be honest with myself and give it 8-9

Unfortunately, if you were watching Kaguya for the mind games, that’s not how it will continue. Calling it the Death Note of rom coms was quite misleading, as the mind games were how they tried to hide their feelings. The more they accept them, the less mind games they will play. And yeah, I wish characters like Miko got some more screen time, but she should in should in season 3 and 4. Hayasaka will if we get season 4
Jun 27, 2020 10:52 AM
Apr 2019
Ashhk said:
OugiRevolution said:

For some reason I preferred the first season as well, but overall the second season was still really good in my eyes.
Probably because the second season feels different, they added a "plot" and it's more characters development than mind games.
The mind games start disappearing at this point, so you’ll have to get used to that
Jun 27, 2020 10:56 AM

Jan 2016
*sigh* Kaguya sama and Gintama just keeps on inflating my mean score with all these 10/10s

I can't even imagine me giving this anything other than 10 and its future seasons, knowing what we have in store. Unless they decide to change the studio of course

It has truly been an honor! Can't praise A-1 enough for deciding to bless Kaguya sama of all the things in the world with such an amazing adaptation and of course Aka sensei for being creating the best rom-com ever!

Now, please announce season 3, which should be inevitable
Jun 27, 2020 10:56 AM
May 2020
So the whole school fucking exploded
Jun 27, 2020 10:58 AM

Apr 2015
FlamepriesT said:
Is it just me, or did the principal just go full Leskinen?
Going wild about *Japanese girls* while taking a picture of *Miko* + that heavy foreigner accent... LOL

What an unbelievably good season. AOTY tier stuff

I had the same thoughts loool. I think they have the same seiyuu, undoubtedly.
Jun 27, 2020 10:58 AM

Oct 2019
This show really did end on a bang huh.

5/5 episode. 9/10 show. Fuck waiting for another season, I’m definitely reading the manga.
Jun 27, 2020 11:00 AM

Apr 2018
Comedy returns on the final episode of love is war. Been a great second season and I hope that they will make a third season.
Jun 27, 2020 11:01 AM

Dec 2019
What a ride this was, season 2 managed to make me fall in love with this series.

10/10
Jun 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Apr 2018
Easiest 10/10 i've ever given.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Jun 27, 2020 11:09 AM

Sep 2014
Mohammadalmannai said:
FlamepriesT said:
Is it just me, or did the principal just go full Leskinen?
Going wild about *Japanese girls* while taking a picture of *Miko* + that heavy foreigner accent... LOL

What an unbelievably good season. AOTY tier stuff

I had the same thoughts loool. I think they have the same seiyuu, undoubtedly.

I thought so too as they sounded so similar. According to the wiki though, it's another VA. Either way, that guy was hilarious.
Jun 27, 2020 11:27 AM

Oct 2010
A bit better than Season 1. Iino Miko a great new character. Final ending credit sequence was great. 9/10 for me
Jun 27, 2020 11:27 AM
Jun 2013
Comedy was definitely on point and I love how cute Iino was in the episode. Hope we get a season 3 soon.
Jun 27, 2020 11:30 AM

May 2020
expectations well be soon season 3
Jun 27, 2020 11:31 AM
Apr 2018
A great final episode to end the season.
Got to see the old kaguya back (spiteful version as well xD )struggling with her life due to her family issues bringing her down, but as always student council to the rescue.
Love how they symbolized kaguya with her old broken phone an empty lonely shell but slowly transitioning to the next phase of her life with the student council and creating & treasuring memories with them.
The way the 4 of them shared their pictures to her was so sweet and heartwarming, shows how the council fills her lifeless self with care and love. Also how much kaguya values their presence in her life.
When kaguya smiled finally, i just smiled too like an idiot. Protect tha precious smile :)

From a little serious scenario we come to the fun and final part with dirty misunderstood pun at the start, everyone participating in the game, the mind games, the insults, the jokes from each of them and the narrator just being savage with lines like " Festival arc was for nothing"and "They all thought fujiwara was scum", totally entertaining and enjoyable. xD

And the way they transitioned the balloon bursting into the scene of the school explosion of the Opening of Season 1 with the music of Opening 2. Wow that took me by surprise.
That's what you call signing of with a bang, Literally! xD
Going to miss the golden crew <3

Amazing season, Loved every episode and enjoyed it, Hats off to the Voice actors, A-1 Studios and most of the all the Narrator for an splendid job again. He is like the special feature of this series.
Hopeful for a announcement of new season soon cant wait and as the narrator said this battle will continue on ... MADA MADA!!
Jun 27, 2020 11:32 AM

Jan 2020
I originally had Kaguya-sama at a 6 but this new season just blew mind. Episode 11 was the tip of the iceberg for me to give this series a 9/10. Congratulations to Kaguya-sama for being my Anime of the Season and being included in my top 10 favorite anime.

Amazing anime man..

Jun 27, 2020 11:34 AM

Feb 2020
This anime was legendary. The ending came way to quick.

That was amazing the ending was all connected to the first op.

This anime was so good it's bringing a tear to my eye that it's ending.

We still haven't seen Hayasaka dance either.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jun 27, 2020 11:35 AM
Apr 2019
What a good way to end the season! All though some important things were cut, that was an excellent adaptation and an easy 10. Hyped for season 3
Jun 27, 2020 11:41 AM
Sep 2018
Deam, they did a remake of the season 1 op final part to fit the balloon exploding, nice

Hopping for season 3
Jun 27, 2020 11:41 AM

Jan 2017
Truly a god-tier anime. I can't believe it but it's better in every aspect then S1.
More than deserved 10/10, a masterpiece of the rom-com tag!

NOW WHERE IN THE F IS THE ANNONCE OF S3!
Jun 27, 2020 11:43 AM

Feb 2020
didn't expect it to end like that especially with the balloon pumping game but no complaints. it was a nice and satisfying ending (:

i love how kaguya's ponytail slowly went up when she became happy when she got her photos back. iino and ishgami look so cute with their hair like that. and it's nice we got a little hayasaka in there too.

10/10 series for a comedy

s3 is most likely going to happen - i don't see why not as this series and the manga are popular inside and outside of japan.
Jun 27, 2020 11:51 AM

Apr 2019
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen (Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 2, 2020)
School RomCom with wit and exceptional animation quality. Season 2 extends the scope from a duel towards an ensemble piece, chisels out all characters and introduces new ones. Kaguya's evolution from Pinocchio towards real human continues. Smart fun. (8/10)

Jun 27, 2020 11:56 AM

May 2011
I really enjoyed watching Kaguya sama s2.
''I was dead serious''

Jun 27, 2020 12:00 PM

Aug 2017
And again what a fantastic season this has been. I still prefer s1 but still great. Drama maybe not always as good as the comedy but I still felt something. This is with Full Metal Panic Fumoffu my favorite comedy, one of the few series where I genuinely laugh almost all the time.
Jun 27, 2020 12:10 PM

Jan 2017
Very good finale!! It has a mix of both humor and sad, exactly what I would expect from a Kaguya-sama episode!! Really enjoyed this season!
Jun 27, 2020 12:15 PM

Feb 2020
I found a kind of "Easter egg" for season 3 look: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pGBiGW49kuPRAzhZ8
Jun 27, 2020 12:17 PM

Jan 2009
As someone who has read the manga at least 10 times from beginning to the end, this anime achieved something special: It made me enjoy EVERY SINGLE EPISODE of material I've known completely. A-1 just added to it time and time again. I'm incredibly grateful.

An easy 10 from me.
Jun 27, 2020 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
fraftlle said:
I found a kind of "Easter egg" for season 3 look: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pGBiGW49kuPRAzhZ8
Amazing find!

You, sir, win an Internet.
Jun 27, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
In the first part about the phone I felt so sad for Kaguya. Sad that she lost her precious memories, memories that we also lived throughout the season. So the end was so heartwarming with her gaining more than she had and the fact that she will be able to make even more memories with her friends in the future. And that smile... I love that big smile she has in the picture they took with her new phone. I wish we could get the full image in good quality.

It's always great to have an episode focused on Kaguya, but even so, the best part was Hayasaka nerding out about new phones. That was so freaking adorable <3

And then the second part about the balloon was fucking hilarious. Chika is the worst lol.

So yeah, another year, another AOTY for Kaguya. I love this show so much! It's true that there are still 2 of my other all-time favorite series (Oregairu and Re:Zero) to be released, but for now it's the best of the year by far. A1 has done a fantastic job with these 2 seasons and I hope they will continue to bring us many more in the future. Season 3 please!
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

256 by sainazrb »»
May 9, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aoo-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.