Forum Settings
Forums

'Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?' Reveals January 2021 Premiere, 2 Consecutive Cours

New
Jun 25, 2020 8:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (So I'm a Spider, So What?) anime series revealed the first key visual (pictured) on Friday. The television anime will begin airing in January 2021 for two consecutive cours.

The anime has been postponed from its original 2020 airing due to the major impact on its production schedule caused by the COVID-19.

Synopsis
The world where the Hero and the Demon King continue to oppose each other. The grand magic from the Hero and the Demon King crossed over worlds and exploded in the classroom of a certain high school.

The students who died in the explosion will be reincarnated in a different world. The protagonist, who has the lowest reputation in the class, was reincarnated into a spider. Nevertheless, she adapted quickly to the present condition with strong willpower.

This is a story of she who has become a spider trying whatever she can to live. (Source: MU)

Voice actress Aoi Yuuki (Enen no Shouboutai, Youjo Senki) is starring as the protagonist Kumoko.

The anime adapts Okina Baba's adventure fantasy light novel, which they began penning on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in May 2015. Kadokawa published the first volume with illustrations by Tsukasa Kiryuu in December that year. The 13th volume is scheduled for a July 10 release. Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? has a cumulative 2 million copies of its volumes in print.

Asahiro Kakashi began serializing a manga adaptation in Young Ace UP web magazine in December 2015. Kadokawa published the eighth volume on March 3.

Yen Press licensed both the light novel and manga in English and published the seventh manga volume and eighth light novel volume on March 24 and 31, respectively.

Official site: https://kumo-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @kumoko_anime

Source: Moca News
VindstotJun 25, 2020 9:11 PM

Jun 25, 2020 8:18 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
So for Winter 2021 we have:

- Second cour of Re:zero S2
- Slime Isekai S2
- Log Horizon S3
- Maaaaaaybe Mushoku Tensei (its at least confirmed for 2021 for now)
and now this..

that's a lot of isekai in one season

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 25, 2020 9:25 PM

Feb 2016
Since it's gonna be in two cours we can hope for a good adaptation
Jun 25, 2020 9:41 PM
May 2015
First, it was a dude being reincarnated into a slime and now a spider?! *sigh* Japan.....they come up with some weird-ass premise but at least, they execute it well...about half the time....

I'll definitely check this one out though because the protagonist is female (No cringy perverted beta harem male bullshit, woo! 😁) and I have a feeling this is going to be just as good as that slime anime.

Jun 25, 2020 9:42 PM

Mar 2010
Winter season seems stacked.
Jun 25, 2020 9:56 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh, it's going to be 2 consecutive cours (22-26 episodes)? Good, good.

I don't mind the delay one bit as well. Gives 2021 the chance to shine ever brighter, after all.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 25, 2020 9:57 PM

Sep 2014
Kawaii desu ga, nani ka?
Jun 25, 2020 10:12 PM
Dec 2017
DatRandomDude said:

- Slime Isekai S2
- Log Horizon S3
and now this..

I think the correct word would be "That's a lot of good isekais in one season"
Jun 25, 2020 11:28 PM

Feb 2019
Yuck! looks terrible
Anyway the premise (except "was reincarnated into a spider") is just another isekai with forced video game mechanics
At this point it would have been original if it has been released before tensura, but seriously 2021 and being an isekai a bit better than kenja no mago is not a great merit. The fans to are making it look like something very original and good.
Jun 25, 2020 11:32 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Hrybami said:
Kawaii desu ga, nani ka?

I think that it looks pretty cute. Shame for the people who dislike isekai and/or have arachnophobia.

Then again, I haven't watched most isekai, only really Outbreak Company, Zero no Tsukaima and Hataraku Maou-sama. I'm about to begin Re;Zero very soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2020 11:34 PM

Feb 2019
The synopsis seems interesting.
Jun 26, 2020 12:07 AM

Jul 2015
DatRandomDude said:

- Slime Isekai S2
- Log Horizon S3
and now this..

In 2019 we had 4-6 per season, so that's not that unusual.

Jun 26, 2020 1:45 AM
Aug 2017
The best isekai and it's getting 2 cours?
Love the new visual between this and the last one I think the reason so much time has passed might be because they redid the animation to not have the CG after the complaints in which case this anime is gonna be hugely popular, the manga and light novel already reaches nearly top rankings without an anime adaptation while almost all the others in those rankings have anime.
Jun 26, 2020 3:05 AM

Apr 2015
Hmm, finally my fav isekai anime release date is confirmed. I don't care how good or bad the animation n sound quality the anime going to be. I will love it regardless as it is the first webnovel series i ever read and the one who introduce me to webnovel world.

Now, i really need to survive till at least winter 2021 for Log Horizon S3 and this anime.
lswarmrulerJun 26, 2020 4:04 AM

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Jun 26, 2020 4:19 AM

Sep 2014
ChartTopper60 said:
Hrybami said:
Kawaii desu ga, nani ka?

I think that it looks pretty cute. Shame for the people who dislike isekai and/or have arachnophobia.

Then again, I haven't watched most isekai, only really Outbreak Company, Zero no Tsukaima and Hataraku Maou-sama. I'm about to begin Re;Zero very soon.

I actually like spiders so this doesn't concern me, but the cute spider anime seems to be a potential cure for arachnophobia... or for isekaiphobia who knows.
Jun 26, 2020 4:59 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
YAS!! I've been waiting for this~!>:3
Jun 26, 2020 6:04 AM
Apr 2018
Ah, finally. Was wondering when this'll show up.
Jun 26, 2020 7:27 AM
Jul 2019
I still hate the redundancy in the title. You can remove the first so and it'll still be fine.
Jun 26, 2020 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
The CG dragon in the trailer was atrocious, hopefully it will not be that bad in the actual show.
Jun 26, 2020 9:53 AM
Mar 2015
still no mention on any of its staff after this long?
this is very unusual to not even know the studio that working on it.
Jun 26, 2020 11:32 PM

Nov 2016
Ah another slime type of anime (in addition it's disgusting spider). Why they can't make humanoid MC. I have nothing against monster MC but only if it is half monster and half human (or humanoid type) I really don't want to watch on mushi in anime :/ + that animation is terrible.
Jun 26, 2020 11:56 PM

Oct 2017
I'm glad this will be two cour since this seems really amusing.
Jun 27, 2020 11:08 AM
Dec 2017
hiraishinx said:
Ah another slime type of anime (in addition it's disgusting spider). I really don't want to watch on mushi in anime :/ + that animation is terrible.

This series has nothing to do with Slime.
Slime is about Rimuru building a kingdom for monsters and trying to solve all the problems without violence. Meanwhile, Spider is about this girl that was reincarnated as a spider trying to survive and find what was the purposer of their reincarnation. Also there're the other students living their new liveas and how without knowing their lives get intertwine with each other.

Rimuru: "I wish everyone could be friends"

Kumoko: "I wish everyone else would die so I could have some peace and quiet"

Slime is a nice guy that will always try to help those in danger or with problems. Meanwhile, Spider is an asocial person that enjoys being alone and will only help others if she gets something.

Why they can't make humanoid MC. I have nothing against monster MC but only if it is half monster and half human (or humanoid type)

That's the point at the start of the novel. How this girl got the short stick on the isekai lottery and ended living a hell meanwhile most of her classmates got easier lives as humans.
Also who said that she won't eventually reach to something like Arachne? It take some time but that's actually one her goals.

More topics from this board

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
2 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
4 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.