Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 21, 2020 1:57 AM

Apr 2019
i haven't watch this yet, but i see most people are digging that 1 and 2 reviews. was it that bad or simply disappointing?
2lifeJun 22, 2020 1:32 AM

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 21, 2020 2:15 AM

Sep 2018
Maybe because there's no relatable high school gloomy boi or a cute dancing character or maybe love confession that will only happen at the end of the series. Looks like those people are not into actual characters with actual story.
Jun 21, 2020 2:21 AM

Nov 2019
2life said:
i haven't watch this yet, but i see most people are digging that 1 and 2 reviews. was it that bad or simply disappointing?

The pacing was fine till the last episode where they thought that rushing the fuck out of the manga would be a good ideia
Jun 21, 2020 2:23 AM

Jan 2015
the Shinako squad was angry because they lost. She deserved it tbh. Only m'lady fedora redditors would hit women like Shitnako
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jun 21, 2020 2:53 AM

Apr 2020
The show is getting review-bombed because of the rushed ending.

The show is fine up until then though. People are just disappointed because of the great potential it would have if it were an 18-episode series as it was originally revealed.
Jun 21, 2020 3:11 AM
Apr 2019
You will get it once you get to taste this horrible ending of this show.
Jun 21, 2020 3:13 AM

Jan 2015
ToraiS said:
The show is getting review-bombed because of the rushed ending.

The show is fine up until then though. People are just disappointed because of the great potential it would have if it were an 18-episode series as it was originally revealed.
It was announced that it would only have 12 episodes since the anime was announced. It's even on the website's blu ray page. It's just MAL and ANN being wrong again as usual
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jun 21, 2020 3:23 AM
May 2020
2life said:

No it is not that bad. Some of the developments were unnatural. But I think for people in 20s, this anime is relatable af. And since it is relatable, I would say that it did its job pretty well.

A good 7/10 from me.
Jun 21, 2020 3:24 AM

Sep 2017
Normies don't like when characters doesn't match their idealised character type, blinded by the "I definitely wouldn't behave like that" illusion.
That and the rushed ending, but is mostly because people can't seem to understand that people are inherently flawed.

Jun 21, 2020 3:25 AM

Dec 2018
People are just getting triggered that Haru was chosen and that the episode felt rushed. I mean..... come on....the rest of the show was amazing....the art & the feeling overall. Hating the show based on one episode is super sad ;) It was great anime........so realistic the art felt super realistic. It was meant to to be drama, do not cry about ending :)
Jun 21, 2020 3:59 AM

Aug 2015
The anime itself isn't bad, hence, it has a score of 7.56 as of writing.

If anything, it was just annoying for some (including me) to watch the characters do what they do. They're messed up one way or another, and people will justify them nonetheless just because they're doing it in the name of "love."
Jun 21, 2020 5:08 PM
Apr 2019
The show is realistic, cause the characters are going in circles all the time (cause IRL, I don't think one can change that easily at once). It may be a good thing. But also can be super boring.

The art is pleasant and the atmosphere melancholic.

And yeah, the ending is super rushed, especially when you compare it with the rest of the show where things move (very) slowly. Also, the pairings aren't the problem IMO. To me, it's the message "you can only vb happy if you are in couple" that irritates me. When you have that much issues, go see a therapist instead of sinking a girl/guy with you.
Jun 21, 2020 5:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
most of the series was really good but then the last episode decided to switch things up at the last minute and the pacing went at supersonic speed
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 21, 2020 5:58 PM

Aug 2015
It started strong and ended very poorly. It's mostly just a melodrama with a bunch of young adults crying and bitching endlessly and that's it. Biggest letdown of spring season.
Jun 21, 2020 6:01 PM

Aug 2017
novus_mihi said:
2life said:

No it is not that bad. Some of the developments were unnatural. But I think for people in 20s, this anime is relatable af. And since it is relatable, I would say that it did its job pretty well.

A good 7/10 from me.

Im 23 and its not relatable in any way.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 21, 2020 7:24 PM

Oct 2017
Nurguburu said:
novus_mihi said:

A good 7/10 from me.

Well, I'm 22 and I too think it's relatable.
Jun 21, 2020 7:29 PM

Jul 2015
2life said:

Disappointing, in a sense.

According to plenty of people, the anime gutted a few characters and some character development from the manga to fit the anime, so while we did get our RikuoxHaru ending, it was at a pretty big expense.
๐•๐•Œโ„๐•€ ๐•€๐•Š ๐•ƒ๐•†๐•๐”ผ. ๐•๐•Œโ„๐•€ ๐•€๐•Š ๐•ƒ๐•€๐”ฝ๐”ผ.
Jun 21, 2020 8:13 PM

Jul 2017
u need to watch the last episode
Jun 21, 2020 8:16 PM
Apr 2012
Zerity said:
u need to watch the last episode

The entire premise of the show thrown right out the window
Jun 21, 2020 8:18 PM

Jul 2017
@Heartyace exactly, the endding was hot garbage
Jun 22, 2020 1:32 AM

Apr 2019
reading the comments wants to make me watch it, but i dont want to waste time to a bad anime, conflicted

Jun 22, 2020 1:38 AM

Aug 2018
The last episodes was a little fast and oddly paced.
_______I like rocks__
Jun 22, 2020 1:46 AM

Nov 2016
2life said:
reading the comments wants to make me watch it, but i dont want to waste time to a bad anime, conflicted

It isn't a bad anime though, despite the rushed ending.
Jun 22, 2020 2:06 AM

Nov 2018
the best girl wars and rushed ending
Jun 22, 2020 4:27 AM

Aug 2016
2life said:

Read the manga, it is way better than the anime. The adaption butchered the source material and rushed things, so yeah it is bad.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Jun 22, 2020 5:15 AM

Mar 2016
Rushed stuff i guess....

I already felt that 12 episodes isnt enough for this anime
Too many good content in manga that just cant find its way in 12 episodes format.
RioAlJun 22, 2020 5:19 AM

Jun 22, 2020 7:28 AM

Jun 2020
garbage ending thats why (same goes for the manga) total waste of time

@2life skip this, and watch sth good, thank me later
Jun 22, 2020 7:38 AM

Jul 2013
Let's just say that Tsuki ga Kirei whose characters are MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS act more realistically and more maturely than the insufferable "ADULTS" in this anime.

Let that sink in for moment.

As harsh as this sounds but anyone who says that this anime is relatable to them are just as much of a loser as the characters in here. You want a guideline on how to become a functional adult? it's easy, just watch this anime and aspire to be the exact opposite of Rikuo and friends.
Jun 22, 2020 7:55 AM

Apr 2019
i guess ill skip this then and go for my moe girls

Jun 22, 2020 10:04 AM

Oct 2013
2life said:

I've just finished watching this show.

Don't watch it, don't do it to yourself.
Jun 22, 2020 10:56 AM
May 2020
Nurguburu said:
novus_mihi said:

A good 7/10 from me.

I could not directly relate to love aspect as I do not have any such personal experiences. But the internal struggles the characters were having especially MC was very relatable to me.
Jun 22, 2020 10:57 AM
May 2020
MoeGod said:
Let's just say that Tsuki ga Kirei whose characters are MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS act more realistically and more maturely than the insufferable "ADULTS" in this anime.

As harsh as this sounds but anyone who says that this anime is relatable to them are just as much of a loser as the characters in here. You want a guideline on how to become a functional adult? it's easy, just watch this anime and aspire to be the exact opposite of Rikuo and friends.

You got me there, I am a loser ;(
Jun 22, 2020 11:20 AM
Jun 2013
2life said:

The anime is good nevertheless. A lot of people hated the characters because they have flaws, but it's the main interest to see characters who have a life apart from their love story.
The ending is really rushed yeah, but saying it was that bad ? No.
Jun 22, 2020 11:47 AM

Jul 2017
MoeGod said:

lol in what world is maturity a linear increase with age? Just go to reddit or somewhere and look at all the posts about stupid people like r/trashy or r/iamatotalpieceofshit and you'll see they're almost always consisting of adults. Are they suddenly not """"realistic"""" because they're not acting their age???

Point is, I guarantee irl you'll find adults who are as equally "immature" as the ones found here, and equally find middle school kids who are as "mature" as the ones in Tsuki ga Kirei. That doesn't mean one show is inherently less "realistic" than the other :P

OT:

Hate mostly comes from one of two things. One being that the ending felt rushed, especially given how the rest of the show had a really slow building pace whereas the final ep went by faster than the speed of light. The other most likely being people having some sort of hate boner for Shinako for whatever reason. Dislike towards Rou I can very much understand but some of the Shinako hate is kinda weird lul.

But mostly the former, the show itself is realllly slow paced but the ending felt super fast
Jun 22, 2020 12:24 PM
Aug 2017
flestresnietile said:
Maybe because there's no relatable high school gloomy boi or a cute dancing character or maybe love confession that will only happen at the end of the series. Looks like those people are not into actual characters with actual story.

I fucking loved the show till the last ep still a good 6/10 and I'm fucking team haru. So stfu if you don't know and just wanna spout nonsense
Jun 22, 2020 12:49 PM
Oct 2017
2life said:

I would suggest just read the manga only, skip the adaptation
Jun 22, 2020 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
Other than the rushed last episode, I thoroughly enjoyed this anime. 6-7/10 for me.
Jun 22, 2020 1:31 PM

Feb 2020
I don't know, dude. This thing was a 9/10 for me even when Shinako was winning. But with that ending now it's a solid 11/10.
Jun 22, 2020 3:12 PM
May 2018
I recommend watching Nami yo Kiitekure . more better than this shit
Jun 22, 2020 4:23 PM

Feb 2018
A lot of content from the manga was cut.
The final was rushed and unnatural.

The visuals are pretty good, but I was expecting more from the adaptation.
However, I agree that it deserves more than 1 or 2 as scores.
Leo_Leo_Jun 22, 2020 4:27 PM
Jun 22, 2020 6:36 PM
Jan 2016
I noticed that the score dropped drastically after the last episode dropped, before I had even gotten a chance to see it. I just watched the finale now...and I can say with certainty....that I have no idea why everyone if hating on the show; it's super solid. The romance between the main cast is very realistic....in the sense that the characters are very imperfect and very selfish, and the finale only helped codify that. The whole Rikuo-Shinako thing is a very real type of relationship that I'm sure many of us have probably experienced......so is the Kou-Shinako relationship.

Bottom line is the show is solid. There's not a lot of shows that focus on more mature relationships between young adults.....but there's plenty of sappy larger-than life high-school romance shows. The truth is that we fuck up. Romance is not a perfect process because human beings are not perfect existences, and I think the show encapsulates that.

Tho if I had to make a guess for the drop in score it would be

Jun 22, 2020 6:38 PM
Jan 2016
MoeGod said:

Bless you for the Tsuki ga Kirei name drop. Great fucking show
Jun 22, 2020 6:42 PM
Jan 2016
2life said:

Try it.....I was worried about the finale cuz I heard the criticisms before even watching it, but I thought it was perfectly fine.....I didn't feel like it was rushed at all......it's clear they were trying to end the story in the episode, but rushed doesn't feel like the right word. I don't know what else they could have done to draw out the ending.....I felt like in had necessary buildup.
Jun 23, 2020 3:14 AM

Sep 2016
Nurguburu said:

lostinexistence said:

Well, I'm 22 and I too think it's relatable.

Same here. 28 and I find it relatable.
bruh
Jun 23, 2020 3:37 AM

May 2018
Supercueca_ said:
2life said:

The pacing was fine till the last episode where they thought that rushing the fuck out of the manga would be a good ideia

That's weird, because the ending is what I liked most about the show. It didn't feel rushed to me
Jun 23, 2020 4:11 AM

Nov 2019
Dariat said:
Supercueca_ said:

That's weird, because the ending is what I liked most about the show. It didn't feel rushed to me

*The entire anime*
MC: I love Shinako
*The last 12 minutes*
MC: Oh wait i don't love Shinako. I love Haru because, idk, i just wanted to love her now
*The End*
Jun 23, 2020 4:20 AM

Nov 2016
Supercueca_ said:
Dariat said:

*The entire anime*
*The last 12 minutes*
MC: Oh wait i don't love Shinako. I love Haru because, idk, i just wanted to love her now
*The End*

That is pretty much how it went. It was a complete 180 change in Rikuo's character, not unlike Game of Thrones season 8.
Jun 23, 2020 5:42 AM

May 2018
Supercueca_ said:
Dariat said:

*The entire anime*
*The last 12 minutes*
*The End*

Ok, so you're upset because he chose Haru instead of Shinako, not because the ending was "rushed"

Yeah, after he and Shinako spent 3 months together he realized that he doesn't have feelings for her. Stuff like that happens IRL all the time
Jun 23, 2020 6:04 AM

Nov 2019
Dariat said:
Supercueca_ said:

*The entire anime*
*The last 12 minutes*
*The End*

Ok, so you're upset because he chose Haru instead of Shinako, not because the ending was "rushed"

Yeah, after he and Shinako spent 3 months together he realized that he doesn't have feelings for her. Stuff like that happens IRL all the time

What? Haru is best girl for sure, Shinako is really boring and annoying.
I wanted MC to choose Haru, but it was really abrupt. The mc didn't even spend much time with Haru and didn't even know her that well.
If you don't see that then, sorry, but you are blind
Jun 23, 2020 6:31 AM

May 2018
Supercueca_ said:
Dariat said:

What? Haru is best girl for sure, Shinako is really boring and annoying.
I wanted MC to choose Haru, but it was really abrupt. The mc didn't even spend much time with Haru and didn't even know her that well.
If you don't see that then, sorry, but you are blind

They spent enough time together.

As I said, I think the ending was ok, people are just looking for reasons to hate it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zyjJanApr - May 9, 2020

150 by SadMeat »»
Jan 29, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

443 by StandingSitting »»
Jan 11, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

160 by Stargurll02 »»
Jan 6, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

123 by komikvalentine »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

204 by littlebiglyon »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:56 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.