Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2020 12:07 PM

Jan 2018
Another amazing episode! I enjoyed every second of it.
And the second half of the episode got me emotional.
Can't wait for next week!

5/5

Apr 25, 2020 12:08 PM
Jan 2020
10:16 The real winner of the moon story should have been Shirogane. He has made Kaguya's whole plan fell apart 👏👏👏
13:18 They were recalling their memories in the student council room... Ishigami grabbing a toilet roll??? 😆😆😆. Such a nice memory 😂
17:75 Chika just wants to have a pleasant daydream about becoming the new prez. That laugh was really long, and cruel!
20:24 Something is missing in Kaguya's imagination of the new student council... 💡💡💡, F object!
Apr 25, 2020 12:10 PM

Jan 2010
I thought 1st season was pretty good, but the 2nd one is becoming really exceptional! You know it's a good anime when it makes you laugh and it makes you cry, all in one episode.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Apr 25, 2020 12:16 PM

Dec 2016
This episode's one hell of a revelation! *-* Love it!

The moment they were leaving the student council, I thought it was too early!
Also, it's a crime to make Chika cry like that! That moment was too precious! TT^TT

Great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 25, 2020 12:17 PM

Jul 2019
Liked it from top to bottom, was very proud of muh boy Chadogane on the roof and put on a sad smile when the girls were crying. I really hope that the quality bar of 2nd and 3rd episodes that was set won't ever fall.
Apr 25, 2020 12:23 PM

Oct 2018
The first half was really hilarious, as always, I laughed so hard :D

But the second part was kinda emotional, espeicay when Chika started crying, that was really sad
Apr 25, 2020 12:24 PM
Apr 2020
The Best episode of Kaguya-Sama....So Far!
Apr 25, 2020 12:37 PM

Mar 2016
We finally are in the turning point of Kaguya-sama. The point where the series stop being a simple episodic anime. Was really looking for that :D
Apr 25, 2020 12:37 PM

Feb 2016
I'm now thoroughly convinced this is one of my favorite anime. I'm not adding it to my profile with a 10 right away just for the sake of fairness, I think it's right to let the show end before jumping to conclusions.
But the goosebumps I'm getting from this say otherwise. God I'm waiting for the balloons so damn hard, even though they might only come with another season.
Apr 25, 2020 12:40 PM

Jan 2017
BEST EPISODE SO FAR! THIS, EXACTLY THIS IS WAY I LOOOOVE THIS ANIME SO F MUCH!

Petition to MAL admins to add option to give just one anime on our list a 11/10 because 10/10 is not enough!
Apr 25, 2020 12:48 PM
Apr 2018
Even though I know that they would still be together again after getting disbanded, their farewell made me quite emotional. When Fujiwara started to cry, I lost it. A really good episode.

And again, Koga Aoi top-notch voice acting deserves a praise every single time. Give her more gig come on!
Apr 25, 2020 1:07 PM
Jan 2010
This episode is basically what I had thought the first season will end, with the student council disbanding and the final moment being the scene where Kaguya asks Miyuki to become the president again. That would've been a great way to cap off season 1, but alas, this will have to do. Still enjoy it though

FlamepriesT said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

3 special ED? Damn, I think there are better episodes to implement the new ED, next episode seems like a good point to introduce a new ED.

Also, this was released today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpsC_leRaxc

Hoping the cast will dance to this.

Here's the link to the reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kaguya_sama/comments/ernbz8/kaguya_anime_to_announce_3_new_character_songs/

Unless they worded things in a weird it, it should be 3 special EDs.

Character Songs are not EDs. It's more of a leitmotif that shows the characteristics of the character singing the song.

Poppo said:
I'm now thoroughly convinced this is one of my favorite anime. I'm not adding it to my profile with a 10 right away just for the sake of fairness, I think it's right to let the show end before jumping to conclusions.
But the goosebumps I'm getting from this say otherwise. God I'm waiting for the balloons so damn hard, even though they might only come with another season.

Assuming the pacing of this season is about the same as season 1 (which adapted around 50 chapters), then the scene you want is probably gonna be there in the third season instead.
FDeeKayApr 25, 2020 1:14 PM
Apr 25, 2020 1:12 PM

Mar 2018
Another amazing episode
Next week
Apr 25, 2020 1:25 PM

Dec 2019
Totally loved it!!
The moon gazing part was a total blast, just seeing Shirogane being honest was really amazing.
I really hope the production is ahead of schedule so that it doesn't get delayed.
Apr 25, 2020 1:51 PM

Oct 2014
Chika crying hurt my soul. I am so glad Kaguya reached out to Miyuki, I didn't think she would, but the romance is progressing. There were so many heartfelt moments in this episode. It's so impressive how they can seamlessly transition to laugh out loud comedy and intimate romance. The moon gazing scene was just awesome.
Apr 25, 2020 1:54 PM
Jan 2020
Every episode has something special about it, and this episode is definitely one of them. You get to see how the 4 characters we love, encounter the scary reminder that everything comes to an end. That the special moments were temporary and the uncertainty that the future holds. The reactions each of them have made me relate to them and these situations are what make characters seem human in shows. Overall awesome episode.
Apr 25, 2020 2:02 PM

Apr 2015
FlamepriesT said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

3 special ED? Damn, I think there are better episodes to implement the new ED, next episode seems like a good point to introduce a new ED.

Also, this was released today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpsC_leRaxc

Hoping the cast will dance to this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kaguya_sama/comments/ernbz8/kaguya_anime_to_announce_3_new_character_songs/

Thank you for this! But this is not part of a special ed, it is separate from the anime. It's a character song thingy and I know many anime do this as a way to promote their merch etc.

But an interview with Aniplex and A1 suggested or hinted a special ed
https://tokyo.whatsin.jp/592212
Apr 25, 2020 2:23 PM

Mar 2019
I think this is the best episode in the whole series, Was expecting a special ED but that only raises the expectations for the actual special EDs to come!! the HYPE is REAL
Apr 25, 2020 2:27 PM

Mar 2019
Holy hell this episode was the best in the entire series by far, from Kaichou being super assertive, to Kaguy being embarrassed, to the callbacks to season 1, and even the ending.
Bumped this up to a 10 just because of this episode
Apr 25, 2020 2:36 PM

Jan 2009
Wow, I didn't expect them to go through the entire middle "the student council is disbanded" episode.

What anime-only people might not know: This was an evil evil april fools joke by Akasaka-sensei. The fanbase was horrified and thought that the manga had been axed. He even named it the "final chapter" complete with goodbyes of the cast - and the following week, there was no Kaguya-sama either. Many people got REALLY scared.

Only one week after that, the new chapter appeared (the third part of this anime episode). Reeeeally evil!
Apr 25, 2020 2:47 PM

Oct 2010
Fantastic episode with all the right amounts of emotion and comedy. Really loved the Kaguya-hime bit

Though it was also an example of why subs should use honorifics. The bit about names just translated poorly. Big difference even between -kun and no honorific at all.
Apr 25, 2020 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
Mentar said:
Wow, I didn't expect them to go through the entire middle "the student council is disbanded" episode.

What anime-only people might not know: This was an evil evil april fools joke by Akasaka-sensei. The fanbase was horrified and thought that the manga had been axed. He even named it the "final chapter" complete with goodbyes of the cast - and the following week, there was no Kaguya-sama either. Many people got REALLY scared.

Only one week after that, the new chapter appeared (the third part of this anime episode). Reeeeally evil!
This was especially great for me, cause when this happened I had only just started getting others to read the series for it to seemingly get axed.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 25, 2020 2:54 PM

Sep 2019
I thought it’d be pretty hard to top last week’s episode, but this is just getting better and better! One minute I’m laughing like crazy, and the next I’m feeling emotional. Definitely an entertaining show and I can’t wait to see how it progresses!
Currently looking for some witty quote to put here.
Apr 25, 2020 3:05 PM

Feb 2019
Damn I was hoping for Ishigami dance lmao
Apr 25, 2020 3:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I thought the student council was disbanded for good, but Shirogane has a chance to bring the band back together in the next election for student council president. It seems Kaguya is not ready to let go of Shirogane not being student council president and Shirogane was waiting for her to admit it in public.
Apr 25, 2020 3:18 PM
Nov 2015
Next week we're getting
Prepare yourselves.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 27, 2020 3:13 AM
Apr 25, 2020 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
Fantastic episode once more!

Oh god the first half was straight out hilarious! I loved how Kaguya's plan to lure Miyuki in backfired not once, but twice!! I love how she almost gave herself away at the end, but luckily for her Miyuki didn't catch on!

Start of the second half was pretty nostalgic, seeing all the highlights of the first season! I didn't expect to see a different version of the newspaper slapping Ishigami got!! Fucking great!!

"Cut it out! I am gonna punch you in the face!" - Chika. Damn girl such aggression XD
Can't blame her as they were laughing at her idea of becoming student council president.

So Miyuki is going to stay at the Student Council as president! He got Kaguya good with that trickery!!
Apr 25, 2020 3:58 PM
Oct 2019
The only thing I'm missing in this episode is Kaguya going Naruto mode and popping out the third eye to grab Shirogane's attention with infinite tsukuyomi... story writing 1/10
Apr 25, 2020 4:00 PM
Feb 2018
That was easily the best episode of the season as I thought the first two episodes were fine and to my honest opinion overrated.
I mean like cmon 8.77 score already with just 1 great episode. That is just some bullshit right there.
Apr 25, 2020 4:05 PM

Feb 2020
i loved this episode sm. it made me a laugh a lot but i’m just a. bit sad they skipped quite a lot of chapters but that’s okay i get that tome is very limited!!
i just wish we got to see how shirogane and kaguya would react after the whole moon incident - we saw how they reacted in manga but not in anime so just wish that part got animated.
i cant wait to see iino especially her relationship with chika and how it progresses with ishigami! hopefully this series doesn’t get delayed due to coronavirus like balance unlimited though.
Apr 25, 2020 4:46 PM

Mar 2016
RebelPanda said:
Chika crying hurt my soul. I am so glad Kaguya reached out to Miyuki, I didn't think she would, but the romance is progressing. There were so many heartfelt moments in this episode. It's so impressive how they can seamlessly transition to laugh out loud comedy and intimate romance. The moon gazing scene was just awesome.

Shirogane was quite the chad in this episode, ngl, even if it was unintentional. Kaguya sharing the same name as the Kaguya in the myth kinda hit me due to how much more that meant when you consider her ongoing family obligation issues going back from s1.
Apr 25, 2020 4:49 PM

Jun 2014
FlamepriesT said:

They are not ending I believe, I don't think I've ever seen a character song turning out to be a ending in any anime but in any case one of them was already out before the 2nd season aired

From the twitter there will be one for Fujiwara and one for Iino but I doubt they'll actually appear in the anime and will just be from the official website.
Apr 25, 2020 4:51 PM

Nov 2015
I didn't take their relationship very seriously last season (I was fine with that, it's more of a comedy than a romance), but this season is changing my mind. I'm going to become very invested in these two soon. Miyuki is surprising me. I didn't care about him at all at first. If my crush pulled any of the shit he did with Kaguya, I would have died on the spot. Too much... I think my brain is fried. I was so moved by that stupid story he told about the princess Kaguya, I got teary.

New character...? Ooo.

Nice episode. This season might be better than the first.
Apr 25, 2020 4:57 PM
Jul 2019
okay but why did i fully tear up
Apr 25, 2020 5:01 PM

Sep 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Yes finally, we are at the point where the series really starts to come into its own. Way less formulaic stuff with far greater emphasis on continuity.

I have been uncertain how anime only people will react to the new character snce the anime first started, guess its time to see in the next couple episodes. I recall alot of people really disliking her so I expect some to really not like her dynamic.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Her first impression would probably lead a lot to initially dislike her, which in a sense, is essential to her character. Though, I definitely started warming up to her in the manga, so hopefully anime-onlies can do the same.
Apr 25, 2020 5:02 PM

Nov 2009
Fujiwara: "If I become prez"

Everyone: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Fujiwara: *must... punch....*

___ ___ ___

And Prez already knew what Kaguya was thinking, so he pre-filled out the Prez election so he can go either way, LOL.

Kaguya got baited so hard.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 25, 2020 5:07 PM

Apr 2018
Was getting emotional when they all left the student council room especially when Kaguya and Shinomiya started to cry. Well played Shirogane... Well Played
Apr 25, 2020 5:16 PM

Dec 2013
Shirogane turned into a chad in first half. Poor Kaguya almost had a heart attack lol

Some nostalgic feels in the second half was unexpected.

Election arc incoming!
Apr 25, 2020 5:19 PM
Jul 2019
Not gonna lie, they had me in the first half of the episode thinking it was the end. Also, Shinomiya had a lot of defeats on this episode as Shirogane kept a straight face most of the time. Can't wait for more episodes.
Apr 25, 2020 5:19 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Fujiwara is funny as always lmao
Apr 25, 2020 5:27 PM

May 2015
This episode had me all over the place. Ive noticed they're adding a lot more just pure wholesome scenes of Kaguya being honest which is nice.

But dam that scene where Kaguya and Chika broke down crying I was on the edge of doing the same. If they end the series with that type of scene Im definitely gonna end up crying.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 25, 2020 5:36 PM
Jun 2019
I love how faithful this series is to the manga.
Apr 25, 2020 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
they made it felt like a finale 3 episodes in lol
Apr 25, 2020 5:39 PM

Sep 2011
SatanicAlpha said:
JizzyHitler said:
Yes finally, we are at the point where the series really starts to come into its own. Way less formulaic stuff with far greater emphasis on continuity.

I have been uncertain how anime only people will react to the new character snce the anime first started, guess its time to see in the next couple episodes. I recall alot of people really disliking her so I expect some to really not like her dynamic.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Her first impression would probably lead a lot to initially dislike her, which in a sense, is essential to her character. Though, I definitely started warming up to her in the manga, so hopefully anime-onlies can do the same.
I personally didnt like her for a while, maybe not dislike but i didn't really care for her addition. Genuinely dont know when that changed but I guess all thats left is to see how newcomers view her as either funny or annoying.

I just hope they bump up the earphone chapters for this season, that chapter pretty much perfectly sums up her and Ishigami's "relationship"

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 25, 2020 5:44 PM

Dec 2016
And this is the alleged best rom-com in history according to fans? LMAO

What's the point of Kaguya's schemes going all accord to her plan when she herself becomes a caricature called Bakaguya that can't keep composture of herself for one second when Shirogane finally is able to keep a conversation about the stars. Likewise, Shirogane goes completely out of character and goes all Flanders by rambling all about stars, wich just feels totally out of the left field.

What was the point of Chika & Kaguya going all sentimental because they are leaving the setokai office, when neither of the 4 goons had achived anything during their administration? Their fondest memories are just about their shenanigans like Chika slapping soyboy with her harissen or Chika's forbidden word game, those kind of interactions can still be done during their off time on school grounds.

I'll wait here listening the fans claming that it will get better by season 3 or 4
Apr 25, 2020 6:01 PM
Jan 2019
In which chapter of the Manga is the anime going right now??
Apr 25, 2020 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
10 out of 10 episode. I love the quality of this anime.
Apr 25, 2020 6:11 PM

Jan 2019
Shinomiya has been taking some major L's this season- in part because the narrative thus far seems to be more from her perspective than last season. Let's hope for her sake that she can turn the tides.

I love this series with all my heart, I'm glad season two is holding up to the standard season one set.
Apr 25, 2020 6:20 PM

Sep 2011
Kimurah said:
And this is the alleged best rom-com in history according to fans? LMAO

What's the point of Kaguya's schemes going all accord to her plan when she herself becomes a caricature called Bakaguya that can't keep composture of herself for one second when Shirogane finally is able to keep a conversation about the stars. Likewise, Shirogane goes completely out of character and goes all Flanders by rambling all about stars, wich just feels totally out of the left field.

What was the point of Chika & Kaguya going all sentimental because they are leaving the setokai office, when neither of the 4 goons had achived anything during their administration? Their fondest memories are just about their shenanigans like Chika slapping soyboy with her harissen or Chika's forbidden word game, those kind of interactions can still be done during their off time on school grounds.

I'll wait here listening the fans claming that it will get better by season 3 or 4
bait is a little too on the nose to work

McAt-628 said:
In which chapter of the Manga is the anime going right now??
this is around the late 50's, the manga just past chapter 184.....theres ALOT to go. Its skipping over alot of chapters and rearranging so what gets adapted and what doesnt is kind of up in the air, but this season is guestimated to end around chapter 90ish whilst potentially adapting a 2 parter from chapter 100 for its last part.
JizzyHitlerApr 25, 2020 6:24 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 25, 2020 6:35 PM

Jun 2014
Kimurah said:

What's the point of Kaguya's schemes going all accord to her plan when she herself becomes a caricature called Bakaguya that can't keep composture of herself for one second when Shirogane finally is able to keep a conversation about the stars.

This is just Kaguya natural character progression. In the first season she started as "maybe I'll date him if he prostrate and profess his love to me" into what you see now. The critical point was the firework episode when Kaguya couldn't fool herself anymore and had to admit she truly fell in love with Shirogane.

Every episode in season 2 were supposed to show that: the trial scene, the game of life, the birthday episode, the aftermath(can't mindgame when all her mind is on the present) and the nirvana. I don't see why you're complaining about it now since it's been pretty established for 2 episodes? Granted I don't know if you said the same in precedent episode thread but if you don't like it I'm just gonna warn you that it's just going to be that way from now on.

Kimurah said:

Likewise, Shirogane goes completely out of character and goes all Flanders by rambling all about stars, wich just feels totally out of the left field.

This is just showing another facet of Shirogane personality, you can't call it out of a left field when nothing ever pointed how Shirogane acted when it concerned his interest. Hell the closest one you got was the fortune telling last episode and you saw how high tension he is! Just think of astronomy as an even bigger hobby where he has less restraint and let his inner child out.

Kimurah said:

This is just pedantic. They had some memories together, whether its fond or not is not for you to decide, even the most stupid event can be a fond memory for some people. As for school ground I won't pretend I know a lot but it will probably be a lot less than in the student council room which was the main point.

I'm perfectly fine with people hating the anime, people like different thing but I don't personally find your argument compelling. But in any case if you don't enjoy Kaguya now it might probably not change in the future so it's up to you if you want to watch more or not. Have a good day!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.