Name the most boring anime you’ve ever watched

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2020 11:49 PM

Oct 2018
Most boring? I guess that would be Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Apr 7, 2020 12:01 AM
Feb 2019
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu. No matter if you recently become a fan of Haruhi Suzumiya stuff, but you shouldn't force yourself through that show. The slice of life ratio is tuned up to like 95% and even if you like slice of life stuff, you will get bored and blame yourself for sitting through all of its episodes. You also won't know anything new about the series in it. The only good aspect I found in it was how they showed a better side of Asakura Ryouko.
Apr 7, 2020 12:10 AM
Nov 2016
Pokemon XYZ was the most boring one I've ever watched
Apr 7, 2020 12:10 AM
Apr 2020
Its Hikigaya Hachiman from Oregairu.
Talks shit supposedly wanting something genuine when he himself can't give it.
Has a huge sis-con and his Sister is not very hot too.
The girls are completely bland especially Yukinon the ice-princess bitch.

I think the people who love it must go and die in hell.
Apr 7, 2020 12:16 AM
Jun 2019
My life is the most boring realistic anime I've ever had the displeasure of watching
Apr 7, 2020 12:30 AM

Jul 2019
Hokage_Jason said:
NamikazeHime said:
Hyouka. Mystery tag on that anime is an insult to every other mystery anime.

Took the words out of my mouth. Hyouka is a snooze fest.

Runner ups for me are;

Haruhi, especially the endless eight

Don't even remind me. I've watched that thing for a whole week. I even know some hardcore Haruhi fans who can't stand that arc.
Apr 7, 2020 4:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fairy Gone is the most boring anime i've ever seen, but there are some good quality anime that were really boring for me like Fate or Violet Evergarden
Apr 7, 2020 4:41 AM

Mar 2019
By far ore no seishun love comedy.
there's nothing wrong with it, it's a decent show art wise and sound wise, but story wise and character wise it is boring as hell and the main characters feel ripped right out of the monogatari series.
Apr 7, 2020 5:21 AM
Mar 2018
Code Geass characters are without deserved their own shows and cancer fanbase
Apr 7, 2020 5:38 AM
Mar 2019
Boku dake ga Tomodachi ga Sukanai S2 and Infinite Stratos have been the most boring anime I've ever seen.

Sukinai S1 was alright funny, but it really is a turn off when most of the comedy scenes are no more funny and you're just staring there on the screen watching the characters dance around for almost zero reason.
Again, IS S1 was alright-ish, but the tropes took over so heavily that all those character interactions had no meaning whatsovever and their contribution to the story plot was zero, while the comedy was meh.

It's not like heavily trope-based anime are always a big negative for me though. In Asterisk Wars, while the characters were generic at most, the plot running side by side keep me engaged. It becomes tedious for me if the harem fawns a bit too much on the MC for almost no reason, with individual characters' growth being completely ignored.
I supposed Youkosou Jitsuryoku e Shugi somewhat fulfils all these conditions, but then the mystery surrounding the MC was somewhat engaging.
Apr 7, 2020 5:45 AM

Aug 2019
fairy gone and katsugeki/touken rabun. was on my phone majority of the time watching these

also irregular at magic high school. characters were nothing special but the main problem was that i just didnt get the abilities and power system. which made the whole explanation and things that were MEANT to be cool incredibly boring.
Apr 7, 2020 6:01 AM

Sep 2019
I feel slightly guilty about this, but Hyouka failed to get me into it. It's weird, I usually like KyoAni's stuff, but I don't think I got grabbed by either the mysteries or characters. Okay, I like Oreki, but Chitanda's "I'm curious" act got on my nerves pretty quickly.

"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Apr 7, 2020 6:40 AM

Jul 2014
ryuichimonji_ said:
Murau said:
Not the most but 3 gatsu makes me go zzzzzz. Not sure if I can finish it.

That’s one of my favorites :(
Explain?

Not entirely sure that's been hard to pinpoint for me. Some slow paced slice of life shows are some of my favorites and others make me go zzzzzzz. This one makes me go zzzzzz. A lot of the scenes where the wind rushes in and it drifts off to scenery before it takes the mc 10 seconds to open his mouth can be pretty but I don't see anything behind its aesthetic and there is only so much of that I can take. A lot of the character interactions are too "anime" for me and especially its comedy is something that turns me off. Yeah that's all I can remember from my reaction. Last time I tried to pick it up again was 3 months ago, and I started this show when it first aired. The show didn't do anything too remarkable for me.
Apr 7, 2020 6:45 AM

Aug 2018
Zipang and .hack//Sign are two anime that start off interesting, then get really dreary and slow-paced in my opinion.
Apr 7, 2020 7:00 AM
Jul 2015
Probably Amnesia. Wouldn't have finished it if not for the fact that I was watching it with a friend.
Edit: Forgot about Hetalia. As much as like the manga, I can't help but yawn while watching the anime.
GreySelkieApr 7, 2020 7:09 AM
Apr 7, 2020 7:08 AM

Sep 2014
ryuichimonji_ said:
Hrybami said:
That shitty ecchi harem show that starts with Monogatari and ends with Series.

Elaborate on how it’s bad.... I only watched bakemonogatri though

Because it's really just a shallow harem show with an excessive amount of unnecessary ecchi. At first I took the series seriously and I was concentrated to read all the dialogue and text until I realize that basically all of these are just superfluous and served no other purpose than flashing obnoxious "art" to the viewer.

Bakemonogatari was the one I enjoyed the most because I didn't yet realize how shallow this show is and how one dimensional the characters truly are.

There's also the fact that the story is too abstract to make any sense. It's hard to feel concerned when everything happens because oh supernatural things doing supernatural things.

I slept too much on this show.
Apr 7, 2020 7:29 AM

Aug 2016
Non Non Biyori was the most boring thing I've ever completed.
Apr 7, 2020 7:35 AM
Aug 2018
Strike the blood
Really sick of it
That cringy line .. OMG
My Candies:
Bonus candy:
Apr 7, 2020 8:31 AM

Feb 2019
Bakuman... it's critically pretty good, but after 75 episodes you get a little bored.
No
Apr 7, 2020 8:47 AM
Apr 2019
For me ALL of Jojo and the monogatari series
Apr 7, 2020 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
Goblin Slayer... I could only watch two episodes yet they failed to develop any interest for me to watch that anime
Apr 7, 2020 9:26 AM

Jan 2012
Beast Fighter (or Majuu Sensen), it's so boring, in fact, that I dropped it after episode 5. There's also Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas.
Apr 7, 2020 9:39 AM
Mar 2020
Yeah yeah this is mainstream I know, but...

Boruto is one of the most non interesting anime I ever tried to watch. I stuck with it for 100 episodes because it's the only thing after Naruto I haven't watched yet.

But goddamn, I couldn't give a fuck about any of the characters throughout every arc. The only redeeming factor is that Sasuke had some interesting interactions with his daughter and that dope as fuck Momoshiki fight.

Even then, that Momoshiki fight was only good because it relied on Sasuke and Naruto.

That being said, I really do hope they manage to bring it back somehow. I'm still willing to think they can make it interesting with further plot developments. Let's hope for the best I suppose.
Apr 7, 2020 9:39 AM

Jul 2019
Nichijou was so boring and dry. The comedy was boring and unfunny and I don't get why people keep praising it as funny. But that's just my opinion
Apr 7, 2020 9:40 AM

Jul 2019
Mirko12 said:
For me ALL of Jojo and the monogatari series

I watched all the way up to the second season of monogatari including nekomonogatari and it was actually so boring. Maybe I didn't understand it but I agree, hella boring
Apr 7, 2020 9:41 AM

Jul 2019
-Aincrad- said:
Most boring? I guess that would be Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

The time repeat part deadass took me out
Apr 7, 2020 9:42 AM
Mar 2020
Hokage_Jason said:
NamikazeHime said:
Hyouka. Mystery tag on that anime is an insult to every other mystery anime.

Took the words out of my mouth. Hyouka is a snooze fest.

Runner ups for me are;

Haruhi, especially the endless eight and the movie.

Violet Evergarden

Mayo Chiki!

ryuichimonji_ said:
For me it would be saenai heroine no sodatekada. It was just dry and the only good thing about it was the senpai who writes novels and stuff.

Megumi best girl.

WatchTillTandava said:
Season 2 of Spice and Wolf.

Felt like too much of a rehash of the first even in terms of dialogue, introduced irrelevant side characters for 2-3 episode mini arcs which you had no reason to care about yet took up the whole season, and then to top it all off the season ending on a cliffhanger with nothing meaningful resolved or advanced for the season or the entire series to this day.

I mean, I would argue the second season had the same appeal as the first, and I definitely don't think the ending was unmeaningful or unresolved.

And then there's the source material which actually did have an ending, which is pretty much exactly what you would guess from the end of season 2.

What you say? You tellin' me that Mayo Chiki is boring?

Nah I'm kidding. The butler looking one is not interesting enough to place an anime around. Still, I watched it to the end.... for some reason. The ecchi scenes weren't even that good.
Apr 7, 2020 9:45 AM
Sep 2019
3gatsu no Lion an overrated sh*t............
Apr 7, 2020 9:46 AM
Mar 2020
MasterNeutral said:

Oh wow. Yeah. I thought the same thing too. I loved the art style, the characters were cute and the comedy was alright, but... I just couldn't keep watching it.

I can't put my finger on why, I guess I just didn't care about their lives enough to keep watching.

Do you think maybe I should give it another try? Am I being too harsh?

I'm watching Tamako Market and even that's more interesting man.
Apr 7, 2020 9:50 AM
Funny Lesbian

Sep 2018
JoJo Part 3

"Don't worry Mia, you will like the episodes after those"

"Keep watching, after bla happened the episodes will be so much more meaningful and less filler-y"

So I kept watching and waited.... And then the Part was over >.<
you got the whole squad laughing

[/URL]
Apr 7, 2020 9:56 AM

Sep 2018
A-channel. After seeing actually really good cute girls doing cute things anime like lucky star you start to dislike the mediocre ones. It’s a surprise I didn’t drop it.
Apr 7, 2020 10:21 AM

Feb 2019
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless hands down. I literally get sleepy watching it. And I've been "watching" it for at least a year and a half.

N͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽J͓̽u͓̽s͓̽t͓̽i͓̽c͓̽e͓̽.͓̽ ͓̽N͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽P͓̽e͓̽a͓̽c͓̽e͓̽.͓̽

Apr 7, 2020 10:24 AM

Aug 2016
Brinxen said:
MasterNeutral said:

Oh wow. Yeah. I thought the same thing too. I loved the art style, the characters were cute and the comedy was alright, but... I just couldn't keep watching it.

I can't put my finger on why, I guess I just didn't care about their lives enough to keep watching.

Do you think maybe I should give it another try? Am I being too harsh?

I'm watching Tamako Market and even that's more interesting man.
I'm the wrong person to ask I hated Non Non xd. I imagine if you thought the girls were cute and that's all that matters to you then finish it, but me personally I didn't like the comedy either so I just ended up hating it.
Apr 7, 2020 10:45 AM
Nov 2018
jasotaku said:
Anything that I rated 3 or below are the most boring shows I have ever seen.
*sees hitoribocchi rated 3* *sad bocchi noises*
Apr 7, 2020 10:45 AM

May 2008
kill la kill? i guess? one of these shows where the characters have to scream all the time to make sure the audience dont fall asleep
Apr 7, 2020 10:46 AM
Nov 2018
epidemia78 said:
Senko-san made me nod off more than once but I guess it was supposed to be like that
lmao , anime done right 👍👍👍
Apr 7, 2020 10:48 AM

Aug 2009
I've already mentioned my top pick for the most boring show that I've watched, so second and third place go to Kangoku: Injoku no Jikkentou and Ikkitousen: Shuugaku Toushi Keppuuroku.

Apr 7, 2020 10:49 AM

Mar 2016
My bottom list of boredom:

3. Goblin Slayer
2. Nisekoi
1. Okusama ga Seitokaichou

The last one takes the cake, being too boring to watch, even though it only lasts 8 minutes.
Apr 7, 2020 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
couldn't get into ergo proxy......
Apr 7, 2020 10:51 AM
Feb 2020
I could name 2.
Golden time.
Shimoneta.
Apr 7, 2020 11:01 AM

Aug 2018
StormShaun said:
I feel slightly guilty about this, but Hyouka failed to get me into it. It's weird, I usually like KyoAni's stuff, but I don't think I got grabbed by either the mysteries or characters. Okay, I like Oreki, but Chitanda's "I'm curious" act got on my nerves pretty quickly.

Yeah I forgot about that one. Super boring, dunno why it's so highly rated. Some episodes consist entirely of the cast sitting around a table trying to unravel the conspiracy behind incredibly mundane events not even worth thinking about like:

why did the math teacher make a mistake in class today? I'm curious! ...not! LOL
Apr 7, 2020 11:10 AM

Jun 2012
Hyouka for me. I finished the whole show and I just found it extremely dull. These days however I drop shows as soon as they start boring me, so there's probably more boring ones out there, I just haven't experienced them to say for sure.

Another show that bored me is Shiguru Death Frenzy. I felt like nothing happened in the few episodes I watched.

epidemia78 said:
StormShaun said:

Yeah I forgot about that one. Super boring, dunno why it's so highly rated. Some episodes consist entirely of the cast sitting around a table trying to unravel the conspiracy behind incredibly mundane events not even worth thinking about like:

why did the math teacher make a mistake in class today? I'm curious! ...not! LOL

One of the first mysteries was a guy smoking. I remember thinking "ooh, he's smoking pot!" but nah, it turns out he's just smoking cigarettes. What kind of boring underwhelming resolution is that? That's when I started realizing how much Kyoani is a fantasy land, nothing bad happens, smoking cigarettes is a huge fucking deal. Don't tell me "that's just how it is in japanese schools", doesn't change the fact that as a plot device it's underwhelming and boring as fuck.
Shoot first, think never.
Apr 7, 2020 11:16 AM

Aug 2018
Haunt-bot said:
Hyouka for me. I finished the whole show and I just found it extremely dull. These days however I drop shows as soon as they start boring me, so there's probably more boring ones out there, I just haven't experienced them to say for sure.

Another show that bored me is Shiguru Death Frenzy. I felt like nothing happened in the few episodes I watched.

epidemia78 said:

One of the first mysteries was a guy smoking. I remember thinking "ooh, he's smoking pot!" but nah, it turns out he's just smoking cigarettes. What kind of boring underwhelming resolution is that? That's when I started realizing how much Kyoani is a fantasy land, nothing bad happens, smoking cigarettes is a huge fucking deal. Don't tell me "that's just how it is in japanese schools", doesn't change the fact that as a plot device it's underwhelming and boring as fuck.

Not sure if I should put this in spoiler tags forgive me if I ruin the entire show for everyone but the reason the math teacher asked the wrong question in class is...get this...

HE GOT HIS NOTES MIXED UP!

What an earth shattering development never saw that plot twist coming holy crap mind = blown.
Apr 7, 2020 11:18 AM

Apr 2016
Isekai Smartphone (I think I despise the anime more than I consider it boring but it is the first anime that comes to mind when thinking of a bland anime.) Boring characters, story, and art style.
Apr 7, 2020 11:44 AM
Mar 2020
_Minnie said:
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless hands down. I literally get sleepy watching it. And I've been "watching" it for at least a year and a half.

I'd imagine Tanaka would also fall asleep watching it to be honest. Haha.

I really liked it however.
Apr 7, 2020 12:03 PM

Dec 2016
This anime https://myanimelist.net/anime/9981

I just didn't like this show, It was just too bland and boring for me.

The concept and the story didn't appeal to me at all even tho it has fairly good reviews for it.
Apr 7, 2020 12:05 PM

Mar 2020
K-On is not even remotely interesting.
Apr 7, 2020 12:56 PM
Sep 2014
allypsa said:
serial experiments lain, not only boring but a fckin mess

I second this. Actually it's the first name that came to my mind.
Apr 7, 2020 2:23 PM

Jan 2019
Glasslip. Literally nothing happens, they took the “slice of life” theme way too seriously.
Apr 7, 2020 2:25 PM

Jan 2019
Steins;Gate 0

Stuck around because the original took awhile to ramp up, but it never got that much better
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you update your list with the exact day? ( 1 2 )

Pokitaru - Yesterday

61 by DesuMaiden »»
54 seconds ago

» Are anime getting worse and worse ? ( 1 2 )

Shomix - May 14

93 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime awoken something in you or made you fascinated with a particular genre?

Reshiram_IX - 1 hour ago

11 by JaniSIr »»
7 minutes ago

» How do you react to getting spoiled? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Yesterday

50 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» What's the meaning behind your MAL username?

Gashadokur0 - 9 hours ago

28 by JessicaKari »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.